We feel it is very important that we explain that, on Atricis IC and OOC, it is not acceptable to use Mating Flights or Runs as an excuse for characters to degrade, abuse, or rape other characters and play it off as being ok behavior. IC, a character found to be abusive or even as forcing another character can be met with punishment which can include being grounded from future Flights or Runs. We are honestly not ok with allowing abuse or rape to be considered part of normal Weyr life, so on Atricis, it is a punishable offense for characters found to behave in such a way.
------ Hosting a Non-Clutch Flight/Run
- Players can toss their dragonkin into Flight/Run at any time.
- We suggest posting in the Mating Flight/Run Planning forum to let people know when you are thinking of hosting a Flight.
- Minor-clutching dragonkin (green whers, black daywhers, etc.), can be tossed into Flight/Run at any time. The staff will decide if the Flight/Run results in a clutch or not.
- Non-Clutch Flights/Runs can be fully open, locked, or closed Flights. Offscreening is also allowed, which is most often done by posting in the planning forum and letting people reply with what males Chased and picking/randomizing the winner.
- Players of clutching dragonkin can only host Flights/Runs as planned with the staff.
- The Flights/Runs of clutching dragonkin cannot be closed to dragonkin participants, though it is acceptable for the rider/handler to lock their door from the human participants.
--- Note: IC there is an established reason for clutching riders to leave their doors open due to locked doors usually resulting in smaller clutches. However, as per Atricis IC and OOC rules and guidelines, clutching riders are allowed to lock their doors without being shamed.
- Single round PC Clutch Flights/Runs are allowed. That way people don't have to feel pressured to do a multi-round Flight if they don't have it in them at that time.
- Check this post for all the details concerning NPC Clutch Flights/Runs.
Mating Flights/Runs & Rider/Handler Age:
• Dragons/Whers of young riders/handlers will not Rise or Chase even once the dragon/wher has reached sexual maturity. The dragon/wher will wait for their rider/handler to age and become ready for sexual situations in order not to cause any harm to their rider/handler.
• If the rider/handler is under the age of 16 turns of age, it is very very rare that the dragon/wher will Rise or Chase. This means that players with characters under the age of 16 aren't allowed to put their dragons/whers into Mating Flights unless special permission is granted on a Flight by Flight basis. (i.e. You need to ask permission from both the staff and the Flight/Run hoster for every Flight/Run an underage rider will participate in.)
• Most dragons/whers with "underaged" riders/handlers appear to rarely ever feel the desire to Rise or Chase, so fighting the desire to do so from the dragon's/wher’s position doesn't usually seem to be a problem, though whers may have to fight the urge a little more since the bond isn’t as strong.