The Storm Rises (Zultanite Lauruth's Flight)

For all the Mating Flights and Runs of all dragonkin who wish to test their suitors of New Atricis. Tips on Flights and Runs can be found within as well.
Altreis

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:24 am

Date: Tennet 22
Time: Late-afternoon, 16:00
Weather: Overcast

Lauruth would be Rising soon; Keetin was getting keener at reading the signs. The edge of flirtiness, at times demanding or irate...definitely a broody dragon. Keetin fed off the flirty part of his dragon's mood, making sure to spend as much time with Elysia as possible. It was a new habit he was determined to form. There was no way to influence Lauruth's choice nor would Keetin try if there were-but he could spoil Elysia ahead of time. It was his hope that doing so might take some of the sting out of losing. So far Lauruth had opted for other mates despite her fondness for Kelpieth. Keetin and Elysia could both hope this time would be The time, but Keetin preferred to do what he could to mitigate the likelier scenario.

And what makes you so sure I will not choose Kelpieth next time I Rise? Lauruth quipped out of the blue.

Shards...he had been thinking too "loudly" again. A proddy dragon picking up on his thoughts about her shunning the blue she liked best most of the time was...well, potentially a recipe for disaster. He had to answer her carefully.

I have no clue one way or another, no more than you my love, Keetin told her warmly. That is the point. You know me better than that; I don't bet. You will choose the one you want and none other. Considering the large following you always draw however...the odds are quite against any given one being chosen-including Kelpieth. I am simply acknowledging that. When he loses though, he tends to make Elysia's life miserable which of course spills over to me. Is it so strange I want to try and avoid that this time?

Lauruth huffed and then shut him out, not in the mood to talk anymore. She had been growing ever more restless as of late. Today was no different, for the most part.

Around midday the sage zultanite had found herself a warm ledge in the sun to drowse, settling in for a nap. However as the candlemarks ticked on, she did not wake. Not even the clouds that rolled in during the afternoon seemed to ruffle her. That was when Keetin knew: it was time. The other queenriders were already gone, Keetin having warned them. He was still working on getting his estimates of the exact Rising day more accurate but it was better to be safe. The way queen reacted when another Rose in their presence...

Who cares?! a certain voice snapped, as fire seared Keetin's veins. Those glorified firelizards are long gone. These males are mine, all Mine! Males of all colors, you will attend me now. Even the brave pyrite may try, but all of you will mind your place. Look, don't touch, and stay out of my way please. I have hunting to do.

By Faranth's Egg, she was in a Mood this time! Though there was every chance it was random or influenced by something else, Keetin could not help feeling like it was his fault. Those thoughts of his pricked at Lauruth at the worst possible time.

Sorry guys, he thought. Those poor Chasers were going to be playing with fire today.

An angry hiss rang out towards the heavens above. Where has the sun gone? Only whers wish to be in such low light! Nevermind; I will make up for the lack of light myself. But first...

The voice trailed off into a hungry growl as Lauruth suddenly dove, landing heavily on top of the herdbeast she'd singled out. Not her most graceful kill but right then the zultanite could care less. Her focus was wholly on the delicious smelling herdbeast before her. Where did she wish to start? What would be the juiciest, most delectable area of the beast?

The throat, Keetin reminded her firmly. Because you are blooding only.

For the first time he could recall, Lauruth really raged against him. I don't want blood! she snarled, trying to ignore him in favor of eyeing up her kill once more. Where oh where to begin?

But while it was a bit of a shock to have her in such a disagreeable mood, Keetin was still a queenrider and knew full well what he had to do. Blood! he shouted back with equal force-more than he'd ever really needed to use with her either.

Luckily for him shock worked both ways. Lauruth's head shot up, whirling red eyes gazing towards where she could sense her rider. He never used that tone with her!

If you want to be properly Flown like the best queen on Pern then you need blood, lots of it! Keetin pressed, though the edge in his voice had turned more urgent. The zultaniterider put as much emphasis into the idea as he could. Lauruth was a magnificent queen but if she gorged her Flight would be a joke among greens.

And that thought was all it took to have Lauruth bugle a challenge to the Weyr at large before biting deep into the throat of the herdbeast. The greens would watch her and be envious that they could not have such a Flight for themselves!

Greedily she sucked the herdbeast dry and then promptly launched herself after the herd, taking down another in due time. After draining that beast...she rocketed skyward. There was no warning for the males, no ceremony, only a beacon of shining hide streaking upwards. Though she said not a word, the challenge had been made. The males would really have to work this time!

((So...I had this pre-written and sat on it, waiting to try and be sneaky like the staffers...only to pass out early two nights in a row. So without further ado after tonight's unplanned nap, here is Lauruth! Sorry boys...she's in quite the Mood! Looking to make this a two-round Flight so the boys get a round to impress her before she chooses. Next round will start on Friday/Saturday with the hopes that it gives as many as possible the opportunity to post during less busy time. And as always - good luck!))
Image Image Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Issormoth hadn't chased in awhile but when the Zultanite bugled her challenge to the Weyr before blooding her first kill this caught the tri-coloured brown's attention. Knowing his rider was never interested in participating when he gave chase he didn't bother alerting Lerina of his attention. Without a sound he dove off his ledge and glided towards the feeding ground, keeping a good distance away from the lusty Zultanite. He dropped down on a buck and snapped its neck before flying off to the side to blood his own kill. Hot blood filled his throat and stomach, igniting his mating urges like fire to dry brush.

He eyed the Zultanite, liking how her hide shown so differently than the golds he had chased before and failed to catch time and time again. But he was new to chasing but after being at New Atricis and doing his duties as any brown should he was far more experienced now than before.

Back in her apartment Lerina felt the building lust within the pit of her stomach. As this wasn't the first time she felt such unexpected lust she knew exactly where it was coming from. Who are you planning on chasing now? she asked, making no move to leave her home. Unlike other riders she had no interest in being drawn into intercourse with the other dragon's rider. It was clear at New Atricis nobody expected riders to participate if they didn't want to and even had a clever system to make it clear they were 'off limits'. As it was late enough in the day Lerina was already safe in her apartment she simply go up and locked her door. She would be fine on her own during the mating flight regardless if Issormoth managed to catch the object of his lust.

<A beautiful Zultanite is who I will chase. What matters who she is since you remain in your weyr?> Issormoth responded. He felt no resentment for his rider's lack of interest in joining him physically and not just mind and soul. Feeling her presence in his mind and soul was all he required. When she was ready he knew she will find somebody of her own choice and he'll be with her in that time. SHould that person be a rider of a female then perhaps they will be together body mind and soul in a way only dragonriders of mating dragons could be.

Fine, keep your mystery. Good luck to you Issormoth. Lerina responded then prepared herself for the chase.

It was just as well Lerina finished speaking for Issormoth would have shut her out as Lauruth shot into the air without a bugling cry of challenge but Issormoth didn't need to be told it was time to chase and prove his worth. His wings beat down hard and he shot into the air in quick pursuit. He too remained silent, focusing only on the glowing streak rising into the darkening sky. How she shown, a beacon for him to chase and in time he hoped to prove he was the best choice for her.

ooc: Lerina won't be participating in the flight. Issormoth has 'Staying Power' and 'Hereditary Anomaly' abilities
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:51 am

L'van prepared himself the moment Zenjarth warmed him that there was an impending flight. He dressed in something clean, chose a decent wine from his collection, and set together a basket of fine foods from his modest little kitchen. Then he took his things and headed out, knowing his dragon would keep him informed of what was taking place beyond the apartments.

Sure enough, when the zultanite took to the skies, the bronze cried in response, ready for this moment as any seasoned male would be. His talons scraped the ground as he landed with a single foot upon it, the other clawing at the beast he had intended ot capture for his blood feast. You are a queen like no other, Lauruth. A true treasure. Our children will bring much glory to the Weyr, should you allow me the honor of presenting them to you on this day. Regardless, my sweet, I wish you a long an enduring flight - do not make this easy upon us this day. We should be made to fight for your affections.

L'van chuckled to himself, to hear such words coming from his dragon. Thankfully, he didn't need to speak in such a manner when it came to receiving the affections of his own lady, though if she heard him even so much as thinking of her as a lady she'd likely punch him in the shoulder. He reached her apartment door, knocked, and slipped in before locking the door behind him. He doubted they would really pay much attention to the food or drink for the next little while, so he set those things aside for the time being while other... pursuits were given attention.

[ ooc: L'van won't be participating. Zen has "Staying Power" and "Hereditary Anomaly" abilities. ]

There was going to be a flight today, Wojoth could sense it. There were always flights it seemed, greens, opals, a garnet or two here or there. But this one was going to be special and he wanted to be prepared. The bronze slept much of the day, and when he wasn't resting, he was keeping an eye out on the female in question, wishing to have an idea of when he needed to follow her lead. When his rider finally caught on that something was going on, the bronze merely sent a mental shrug his way and Duke had to roll his eyes. Because I don't have things I wish to do today, right?

Your things generally consist of spending time with Ylpeysth's rider. There was an unspoken "try and challenge me if you'd like but we both know that it would be a lie, whatever you say" and so Duke didn't even bother trying to deny what was said, either way.

What he did do was stand to lock his door, because as much as he would have liked to have invited the rider in question to join him for the flight, now wasn't the time, and he had no intention of finding someone else to join him. Wojoth, during this heated times, had argued with him about it in the past, once or twice perhaps, but it had gotten better. Maybe a tease here, a tease there, but nothing that he couldn't handle. This time, he chose to remain silent. When?

The zultanite gave her cry, announcing herself to the Weyr, and Wojoth bellowed in return. He captured his first beast, a bleating buck, and drained it of blood before tossing it aside, then stomped on a second to do the same, refraining from a third for he saw she was prepared to take the glory of the skies for herself. When she did, he snapped his wings out and followed, ready for this moment to be theirs. I follow you now, shining Lauruth! Let us take the skies together!

[ ooc: Duke won't be participating. Wojoth has "Radiant Agility" and "Hereditary Anomaly" abilities. ]
Kate

Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:14 am

Dark eyes glanced around, and A'ric couldn't help but just, stare off into the distance for a moment. For some reason, he was more tired today than he normally was, and he had already found himself zoning out more than once. It was not something he was proud of. As a Wingleader, he knew he should always keep his focus, even if everything wasn't going right for him, or for Behemoth. The two of them were a team, and they led this Wing, and made sure they always acted like it. Today though, was different. Even with Behemoth pretty much yelling at him to keep his attention on what he was doing, he just couldn't.

Not that things were bad, it was just, today was one of those days where he kind of wished he wasn't a Wingleader. Sure, he loved the honor and the chance to constantly prove himself, but sometimes, he just wished he had more time to himself. More time for Viktor, more time for Behemoth (besides drills), and more time for hanging with friends. That way of thinking he knew wasn't really the greatest, but it was how he felt. At least he wasn't the Weyrleader anymore for now. That had been a lot of work, and he had been grateful for the opportunity. It was nice to not have as MUCH pressure now. Then again, there was always pressure. It was the pressure that he and Behemoth both put on themselves.

Finally the drills were over, and A'ric went and took a nice hot bath, trying to get himself to relax a little. Taking a few deep breaths, he found himself sinking lower into the water. Honestly, he didn't want to get out, but a rumble in his stomach reminded him that it was getting close to dinner time, and he hadn't really ate anything for lunch. Food had been the last thing on his mind. Knowing the drills they had, he had just wanted to get started and get on with the day.

Since he was so tired, the young man actually decided to just get the food and take it back to the apartment. Eating there just seemed like a better idea. Then he could relax with a glass of ale and maybe a good book or something while he ate.

It turned out to be a good idea, and the young man had a nice relaxing dinner. Actually, he had continued to read even after dining, curling up on the couch for a little bit, that was, until he was interrupted by his dragon.

A'ric! Lauruth rises!

With that, A'ric set the book down quietly. It hadn't really come as a surprise, but he hadn't been really thinking to much about it either. Now that he thought harder, there had been some signs that someone was going to rise. His bronze had been on edge a bit more than usual. Good luck Behemoth With that, his dragon took to the skies.

Behemoth made his way quickly to the beast pens, selecting one of the biggest ones he could find. All the while, the Zultanite's voice ran through his mind. I will prove that I am the right dragon for you! I would be so lucky to be the one you chose.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:28 am

Even if she wasn't able to hear the rumbling of the rutting males, Elys was weyrbred and there was always something different in the air whenever a female went into season. It didn't take long for the gifted girl to figure out just which of the mighty queens was the one giving off those signals, as the two closest to her were the most affected by the change. The subtle changes in the watery blues' behavior was what keyed her in, when he began to dote on Lauruth just a bit more obsessively and yearning to spend every moment he wasn't working with the zultanite.

The confirmation was mostly in Keetin's behavior as well, when the young man began to...well, dote on her. While they usually spent a lot of their free time with each other, Keetin seemed to go a little more above and beyond his usual pampering in the days leading up to the Flight. At first, she was a little surprised, and even a bit suspicious at this new found attention, and yet when she put the pieces together, it began to make sense. Elys knew what he was doing, he was consoling her ahead of time since no matter how much the riders may want it, Lauruth had yet to choose the watery blue as her mate and they were likely to spend the Flight apart once more.

The bluerider wasn't going to waste this opportunity though, and she may have taken advantage of his generosity with the occasional foot rub, or extra cuddles in the mornings while he seemed eager to please. She tried not to think of the 'Why' he was doing this and instead focused on cherishing and appreciating every extra moment Keetin was willing to spend with her...because it may not last much longer. When Lauruth took to the skies, it was anyones' game, and while she had the utmost faith in Kelpieth, it was not up to the handsome blue to make that choice. All she could do was hope for her better half to win over the zultanite when that day finally came.

Elysia had a pretty good idea when that day was upon them too, and it seemed Keetin was of the same mind as the other queenriders began to leave one by one that morning. It was a sure sign to anyone that today was going to be the day, and not a single soul was on edge more than Kelpieth was. The moment the last queen blinked away, the blue felt the weight heavy upon his brow and yet he held his head aloft with pride. His nerves were on fire, but they burned deep in his heart and that warmth is what would fuel him this time. Today was going to be THE day, when he would show his queen just how devoted he was and she would finally call out his name to carry her higher into the sky.

While the zultanite slumbered on, the whole morning and well into the afternoon had passed them by and the watery blue was beginning to get a little anxious. He'd watched her, pined for her all morning and she'd barely stirred, and even when Rukbat's rays were the brightest and he'd soaked them up like a sponge, still she slumbered. To appease her dragon somewhat, Elysia had the mind to suggest a bath as both a way to pass the time, and to impress the zultie with his freshly oiled hide. Though it took some coaxing to pry his gaze away from the dozing beauty, he finally relinquished under the guise that the oiling would be a nice touch for the Lady. They spent a candle mark or more until every last piece of hide was glimmering like the reflection of the lake itself, and yet when they returned, Lauruth still had not stirred.

Will she ever wake? The blue stalked to and fro in front of the pavilion and his tail twitched anxiously as he paced. On the doorstep of the apartments close by watching him with her head in her hands, and elbows on her knees, was a very patient and supportive rider. Well, at least once more in her life, yes. The young woman quipped back.

There was a low rumble from the dragon, somewhat amused by the response yet mostly annoyed by her nonchalance and gave a slight toss of his head. You know what I mean... Kelpie said with a huff as he turned and began to walk back the other way now. The light is fading, she has slept the whole day away... The dragon continued, his tone growing a bit heavier and more thoughtful. If I have to wait until tomorrow, Faranth help me. The watery blue gushed, letting out his breath in one whoosh as though he'd been holding it and gave a weary shake of his head.

She could feel his nervousness, the thought of having to endure one more day of this waiting, it was enough to make her want to pull her hair out too. It was a very real, very palpable emotion that rippled through their bond, something neither of them were hoping would happen. Easy Kelp, it's bound to happen. She'll wake soon, and when she does, she'll take you on the Flight of your life! The young woman started, rising to her feet and stepping in a little closer to the blue as his pacing slowed down for her. I mean, just imagine how much energy she's been storing up all day, just laying there. You know when she wakes, that's all going to come bursting out like a sun and she'll be more alive than you've ever seen her before. Elys went on, feeling that swell of pride and determination in her chest and could almost see the way the watery blue seemed to hold himself up a little higher.

Almost as if on cue, the gifted young woman heard a voice crack against her own thoughts, and it nearly sent her reeling. Who cares?! At first she thought maybe Lauruth was talking to her, but the queen's voice quickly continued on. Those glorified firelizards are long gone. These males are mine, all Mine!. As soon as she realized, Elys ran forward and gave Kelpieth's hide an encouraging slap with one hand while waving toward the queen with the other, all thoughts of their previous conversation dropped. "Go, go, go!" She urged him and then stepped back while the blue heeded her words without a second thought.

Kelpieth was already airborne when Lauruth issued her challenge to the males and he gave her a mighty bugle in response, his trumpet ringing clearly and loudly over the Yard. No one, not even the biggest of bronzes or smallest of pyrites was going to win her over, none of them were worthy enough of the sage queen. Today, he would make her proud, he would fly right beside her through the thickest of clouds or blinding rays of Rukbat and would never leave her side, a vow he would keep long beyond the duration of this singular Flight.

As the sage beauty took to the feeding pens, he gave another pass to revel in her majesty, the fight in her spirit and the radiance that gleamed from within her, as if ready to burst. Elysia was right, she was more radiant than he'd ever seen her before. He lavished in the sight of her, even the hint of aggression that overcame her in the frenzy and bloodlust. It was good to see her acting the part of the queen she was, and Kelpieth rumbled approvingly as he touched down into the pens a safe distance from her. While she was otherwise occupied, the blue snagged up a wherry between foreclaws and carefully took off the creatures' head in order to lap at the flowing blood within. Only a few speckles of blood upon his maw blemished his otherwise spotless and oiled hide, ready to be on display for the queen of his heart.

When she sprang into the air, there was no warning and yet Kelpieth was only a wingbeat behind her, so attuned to this beauty. He knew that he would have to use every ounce of strength he had to keep up with her, especially when she was this fierce and impassioned. The blue couldn't afford to hold back at all this time, and he didn't plan to, each beat of his wings in sync with the drumming of his heart as he carried upwards after the sage beauty he yearned to call his own. You are the sun in my skies, every day beautiful Lauruth. You bring me warmth on cloudy days, you brighten my life whenever you're near, and you shine more radiant than Rukbat could ever dream. Kelpieth sang out to the sage goddess as they climbed ever higher toward the mass of clouds hovering above them. Fly high, fly true and I will follow you, anywhere with you Lauruth.

The moment the dragons were aloft, Elysia felt almost as if her own feet had left the ground and she was practically hovering for a moment. The feeling ended though and she was back on her feet and found herself standing there rather dumbly for a moment. A wide grin took over her features though and a loud whoop escaped her as she watched after the trail of dragons lifting up toward the clouds. You got this Kelpie! It's what we've been working so hard for! She called out with all of her being as her feet took up a quick pace that would take her right where she needed to be. We've trained for days on end to build up your endurance, and now you can outlast any blue in this Weyr! She'll have to see how hard you worked, just to prove to her! Never give up, never surrender! We'll win her today, I just know it Kelp! The young woman kept up the encouragement to her better half as she made her way toward the familiar building and the zultaniteriders' apartment. No way she was going to miss out on this.

{ooc: Elysia is participating, and Kelpieth has Staying Power this time!}

It became obvious by the morning there was to be a Flight that day, and the sandy brown took a moment to deliberate once he'd seen that his sweet Lennoth had flown that morning. The only queen left behind was the sage zultanite, and she was certainly becoming a fine and mature queen as she flourished more and more with each Flight. She was her own force to be reckoned with, and a chance to sire another strong clutch for this great Weyr of theirs that after some time to think about it, Norieth made his intentions clear.

Lauruth will fly today, and I will join her. The brown said quite matter of factly for his rider, who'd been in the midst of a sparring match when the dragon spoke up. The suddenness had caused her to falter even a step and her partner took advantage of the lapse and knocked her sword arm out away from her and stepped in with a solid punch to her midsection. The air was knocked out of her and came gushing out with a groan and it wasn't such an easy blow to just shake off, neither of them. You couldn't have waited until AFTER the match? The woman jabbed, standing up a little straighter and taking the chance to catch her breath while her sparring partner backed down for the moment.

I had come to a decision, and thought you should be the first to know. Norieth continued, just as unruffled as before as he sat primly at the cliffs' edge looking down into the Yard where his rider perspired and rolled around in the dirt. As much as I appreciate that, I would have appreciated it more if you hadn't just gotten me punched in the gut. Thanks. Ay'li muttered in reply, bringing her sword up in the salute for her sparring partner and signaling the end to the match. The man gave her his own sort of salute and they shook hands before parting ways and the brownrider sheathed her sword once more.

Alright, then if you're joining her, then I should get myself ready. The woman thought, a hint of a knowing smirk on her lips. For the briefest moment, she felt a question on the tip of her tongue, the brown wondering why she would need to be 'ready' for anything if he was the one doing all the work. And then, another thought brushed his mind and he had his answer. Of course, it wasn't about Lauruth, or Keetin, it was about an impending visitor that the Flight would bring. Well, you two have fun while I work my tail off to impress the Lady. The sandy brown huffed as he shook his head, though he could hear his rider chuckling softly in the back of his mind.

Ay'li spent the rest of the afternoon making sure that her apartment was in an acceptable condition, and then she herself was made presentable for her guest. A warm bath, a silken robe and a hint of fragrant oils to tame her unruly curls, and there was little need for anything else, other than a good book to read while she waited. When the time came, she felt the flood of lust flow through her from the top of her head down to her toes and back up again. Setting the book aside, the brownrider stretched languidly on the couch, her robe positioned ever so carefully to highlight a few of her finer features for those wanting eyes that would come through her door any moment.

Norieth was winging down into the Yard just a moment later and she could hear his bellow in her ears as if standing right beside him. The zultanite was a beauty, and she was ravenous and that fire would be his this day. He drained a buck dry while she disposed of her own, and yet she sprang into the sky before he could discard his kill. A growl of displeasure escaped him as he threw the carcass aside and leapt into the air after her, the precious seconds lost putting him near the back of the pack, but he would just have to work that much harder to gain his rightful place beside her then.

{ooc: Ay'li is not participating, and Norieth has Staying Power as well}

Image x5
counted
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:39 pm

All day P’dren could feel the difference in his partner. Their bond nearly vibrated with the Bronze’s excitement and for once the rider was confused. There wasn’t a Queen ready to Rise, none of Kheluzath’s usual Green ladies were near, so who did that leave? For the better part of the afternoon, P’dren had been playing guessing games with his friend as he tried to pick out the lucky lady that had caught Khel’s attention.

“It's not a green?” P’dren asked as he sat next to the dark male. She’s more stunning than any green lady, Kheluzath said with mirth lacing his mental tones. “But there’s no Queens…” P’dren began before he hit his forehead with a raised palm. “It’s one of the Zultanites, isn’t it? What's her name?” The former guardsman asked as he shifted to glance at his partner. Lauruth, beautiful Lauruth, Kheluzath hummed as he shifted in his gazing spot.

Soon she will call the males to her…. Soon.

Not even a pair of heartbeats later the quiet of the day was broken by the cry of Lauruth calling for her males. The smug brush of Kheluzath’s mind against his own was the only warning that P’dren had before his backrest took off towards the Pens. A small smile stole across the man’s face as he realized how much his dragon was influencing his own mood. Both man and beast were more than willing to show off but only one knew where to find the thrill of the Chase.

As Kheluzath blooded his own buck, P’dren began to trace his steps towards his own apartment. Keeping his mind as open as he dared to his partner, P’dren wondered if he dared to find the other rider’s apartment. Things were different here in Atricis than it was back home in Benden. Wojld he even be welcomed by the rider? Confusion danced across P'dren’s face as he fought to keep his thoughts away from Kheluzath. Ths dark Bronze didn't need the distraction as he readied himself for the Chase.

In the Pens, Kheluzath wasn’t focusing on the passing thoughts of his rider. No the male dragon was solely interesting the the glimmering lady teasing him and his competition. As soon as the Zultanite took off to the cloudy skies, Kheluzath left the ground as quick as he could. Wonderous Lauruth, wherever you lead, I shall follow! May the winds favor us today for as long as you desire, Kheluzath called out amongst the males who dared to chase such a beauty. Kheluzath planned on showing them all that he was worthy to twine with the unique beauty that was Lauruth.

Image x3
Altreis

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 am

While Lauruth argued with Keetin over blooding her kill and even before she had taken the first beast down, the males had come to her. As always Lauruth got to enjoy a sky full of Chasers; a rainbow of hides all vying for her favor. Bronzes, browns, blues, pewters, all for her. It was flattering and normally Lauruth reveled in it-but not today. Today she was agitated, not flirty. Today the males needed to watch themselves lest they earn her ire instead of her favor. And today...today they would have to fly their wings off before even getting the chance to Catch her!

As she surged into the sky she was aware of the field of males hot on her tail-so to speak. They were quick to Chase but none were dumb enough to get so close to her right off the ground.

They did call out to her, many voices singing promises and words of admiration. For the most part Lauruth tuned them out, so focused was she on climbing higher. One voice however caught her attention; one male who followed her every Flight and gave his all to win her over. He was easily her favorite most of the time yet so far he had never been her mate. Always Lauruth chose another to sire her clutches-just as Keetin had been pondering lately.

The sage zultanite growled, eyeing a certain blue irritably. Words would not sway her, nor would her history with any of the males Chasing her. She could choose the one who proved himself to her this day and none other!

Her momentum had carried her very high already and now Lauruth found the clouds in front of her. To them and not the males behind her she roared a challenge. Clouds obscured vision so that her doting suitors could not see her. Some queens took advantage of that to play hide and seek but Lauruth wanted no such games. She broke her ascension off, skimming the bottom of the clouds while she thought. This was far, far too low for the Flight she deserved once she chose her mate. Yet to go higher she had to go through them.

With a hiss she dove, gathering speed that was swiftly used to propel her up once more. The clouds needed to get out of her way but since they would not, she would punch right through them! Now the zultanite queen did not falter, plowing into the clouds and continuing to rise. No games, no tricks, no flirting. Today she was all business and right now she was flying to Rukbat itself. She would fly higher than any gold and produce the strongest clutch any zultanite could dare to dream of!

------

In his apartment Keetin was quick to fumble into more suitable clothes. He already had been dressed more casually in anticipation of Lauruth Rising today but once she was Caught he would want his clothes gone as quickly as possible. Both he and whoever he ended up with would also be clumsy in their haste. Thus Keetin opted to rid himself entirely of his clothes ahead of time-save a robe he covered himself with. He did not tie it shut, instead holding it closed against his waist. That way when the time came, all he had to do was let go and have the robe fall off. It didn't get any quicker and easier than that!

However, as the riders began trickling in, Keetin was surprised to note how few there were compared to the dragons Chasing Lauruth. It seemed more and more riders were opting out of Flights. The fact was a curiosity of his, nothing more. For Keetin it mattered not who he ended up in bed with. Should a dragon whose rider was not present be the winner, well, then Keetin would ultimately win. After all...Elysia was there, just like all the other times-and like her handsome blue. Kelpieth had never missed a Flight and was Chasing Lauruth as passionately as ever. A small part of Keetin dearly hoped the blue finally won but he did not allow that sentiment to surface lest it only sour Lauruth's mood further. For all he knew such thoughts might even turn her against choosing the water blue. Better to wait and not focus on who might win or lose.

Ultimately, I know it is you who will win, Keetin thought towards his queen fondly. He couldn't be sure if she heard him or if she cared, but he was confident of that nonetheless. He had the best queen on Pern and today she would be Flown as she deserved.

(One week to post the boys' best efforts to impress Lauruth! Newcomers are also welcome. Also: there isn't much to do in the clouds, I know, but Lauruth isn't stopping until she's well above them so feel free to take your posts sky high!)

Image Image Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:19 am

Issormoth had chased several times, all golds up to this point but he had no luck with them and so far none of the greens interested him. Perhaps he just wanted a mate who will give him offspring more than just the pleasure to be found in a successful chase. Whatever his reasons he was more than eager to chase Lauruth this time around. He didn't really know her but at this moment it wasn't important.

In the past he had talked to the queens he chased, usually in response to a challenge she issued but Lauruth had made no such challenger so he also remained silent, at least mentally. He did roar out his challenge, more to intimidate his fellow chasers than to prove anything to her. Any dragon can bugle and roar but it took far more to chase a queen as far as she wanted them to go.

As she rose higher and higher Issormoth continued the chase, keeping a respectful distance admiring her glowing sage form. She was a beautiful example of female dragon, something to admire and respect and he was determined to win her by action but a part of him wondered if being quiet was working against him. Entire conversations could be happening between her and the other males, conversations he wasn't privy to as none shared their thoughts with him.

Before he could formulate some clever phrase to call out to her he heard her hiss and looked up to see why had offended her so but all he saw was a bank of clouds. When she dove away he wondered if she feared the clouds yet such a thing just didn't seem right for the fierceness he could sense in her. He dropped down after her thinking this may be just part of her test, pushing them into dives and new climbs, a challenge he was glad to meet.

<Oh, such a brilliant way to punch through the clouds,> Issormoth told her when he powered through the clouds several dragonlengths behind her. Now that Lauruth was clear of the clouds and once more bathed by Rukbat's rays she shown even more, water vapour from the clouds enhancing her beauty. <And up here above them your gleam far more brilliant than ever, a true splendor to behold.>

But she was not ready to surrender herself, that much Issormoth could see so he continued the chase, wings beating strongly as he quickly proved he wasn't weak. He was as large as many bronzes and larger than most browns and he had the staying power to keep up with gold dragons. Even though he felt some strain from the flight so far he was far from spent and he intended to go as far as necessary.

Putting on a burst of speed he drew nearly abreast of Lauruth but far enough away she wouldn't mistake his move as an attempt to catch her before she was ready. Instead he turned slightly as he beat his wings to keep up with her, giving her all the opportunity she wanted to see how strong and fit he was. He knew his tri-coloured hide was unusual with his base colour close to being bronze but without the metallic sheen while the darker shade covering his wings and running along his back and the paler golden brown of his underside flickered into his base brown like flames. Looking towards her he warbled encouragement for her to continue her climb, to force all her pursuers to push themselves to their limits for her. Issormoth knew he could carry her far especially since he was certain he had the strength to carry her long and give her a large healthy clutch.

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:46 am

This was by no means the first time Zenjarth had ever chased after something so glowing and beautiful before. He was by no mean young and "wet behind the knobs" when it came to the art of the woo. Even so, he was well aware of the fact that he couldn't win the zultanite's affections based on sheer experience alone. He had to use wits and patience as well as hope that he could somehow win her eye over the rest - for he wasn't the only one in combat for her attentions, and he certainly wasn't the only one with the experience to give her the children she so desired.

Yet even as he glanced over the current suitors, he knew he had one or two things going for him. He'd sired several of Atricis' current fighters, had even given them Turns of leadership experience as he currently was now. In competition was another who had done that very same thing, a brown who was very much a friend under normal circumstances. But today he and Norieth were most definitely not companions. Today they would sooner see one fall from the skies from a jarred wing than to cheer them on in flight.

Later the two of them would sigh and languish, surely, depending on the outcome of things, and that was only if one of them happened to lose. Which was something that Zenjarth had no intention of doing. He was entirely too focused on following after the sage beauty as she twisted and turned, and while he was by far larger in frame, he found he had no trouble keeping up with her aerial acrobatics - for the time being. That might not last the entire flight, but for the time being he was finding there were few issues in keeping up, and he was using that to his benefit.

As they pushed through the clouds and glided above them, he let out a brassy bugle of delight, one meant to show off his enjoyment of her form as the sun glistened off of her glorious hide. To see you in you like this, dear Lauruth... I am, for a moment, without breath, and grateful for the vision you have bestowed upon me as I struggle to regain it. He followed after, continued to dive and twist as she led her suitors on this merry chase, hoping that he would be the one that would come out the victor, certain he was the only one that could possibly bring her the highs that she was searching for during this all consuming event.

Never had Wojoth successfully managed to woo a queen. He had made the attempt often enough, come close in several instances, but he'd never quite gotten to that point where he'd been able to gain her affection enough to be allowed to make the catch. He was young though, still, and there was time in which to make those attempts in his future. Yet he knew he'd be disappointed if he was turned way this time, his pride wounded, his need to seek comfort from the chill of water and perhaps a snuggle from his favorite green Ylpeysth on the horizon if he failed here today.

His focus remained sharp and steady on the lady before him, as though she were some beacon he had to follow after, his body twisting and turning with every angle that happened along. He was determined, though perhaps more than he was aware, and whether that served him well or not remained to be seen. Still, that didn't mean he wasn't going to stop trying - he was going to continue until the flight ended, and that would be that.

Beautiful, he praised her when she burst through the clouds and they joined her high into the heavens. And yet we still have yet to show you that we deserve you, dear beauty. He left it at that and continued to follow, not wishing his words to impede his progress, to tangle up his chances. Pretty words might be fancy for some, but actions spoke louder than they ever could.

Kate

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 pm

While his dragon flew in the skies, trying to prove himself yet again, the bronze rider found himself debating what he should do. The Flight has only just started, so he was still in control of himself. The Flight list wasn’t all that bad yet, and he gotten used to pushing it away a bit, or at least being able to remain in a little better control for a bit longer.

Should he go to Keetin? While being with another man was not exactly appealing to him at the time, Flight lust did not discriminate, and if he won, it wouldn’t matter if the rider was male or female. Maybe it would just be best to go somewhere where he could find someone to be with for the Flight. Or maybe he should just spend it alone, lock his door and just ride it out himself. Honestly he hadn’t thought it would be this confusing to him, but he knew he was used to having Kit around and she was always ready for stuff like that, even when there wasn’t a Flight.

Finally he made the decision that he would just go and find someone to be with, and if he didn’t find anyone, before the Flight list got too bad that was, he would just come back and lock his door. Or, leave it open to anyone who might want to come to him. That was certainly a good third option in his opinion.

Up in the sky, Behemoth studied the zultanite, following every move with his eyes and then replicating that move with his own body. The huge bronze could already tell that there was something, different, about this Flight. The zultanite was not being flirty at all, it seemed as though she was irritated with all of the males. While it was going to be interesting, and a challenge, Behemoth knew he was up for it. Instead of crooning sweet words though, he just focused on her, and tried to make himself focused entirely on the Flight. If he didnt focus, he knew there would be a chance that she didnt pick him. He needed to focus now more than ever.

Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn