I'm Powerful With a Little Bit of Tender - Green Tyreth's Mating Flight

For all the Mating Flights and Runs of all dragonkin who wish to test their suitors of New Atricis. Tips on Flights and Runs can be found within as well.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Season: Early Summer
Date: Cheret 14 (Rest Day)
Time: Mid Afternoon
Weather: Clear Skies

Music - Make Me Feel

It began with a gathering of riders.

After a strenuous sevenday of threadfall, a flight of riders decided to take the rest day as an opportunity to live their lives to the fullest. One by one, and two by two, the riders collected among a knot of apartments in the pavilion, with their gathering growing by the minute. Spirits were passed between them, mingled with their woes and successes of their latest Fall, boasting, laughing, with several single tears shed. After half a candlemark passed, the music struck to the sprightly beat of the drums, leading several of the riders to throw themselves into the centre of the group for a jovial dance.

It was the sound of the drums that attracted Solai.

She had found herself in an irritable mood all day, but when her ears netted the rhythmic calls of those bass rich beats, Solai wanted nothing more than to escape from the strains of the week, and to feel alive with liberation. The desire for freedom burned within her, flames stoked by Tyreth's rustling wings. The dragon fanned them out and circled around in her wallow for a nap. It seemed the green felt the need to unfurl herself. Solai saw her green then, noting the brilliance of her dappled hide. It was a sign that warned of the fact Tyreth was going into heat. Soon, Tyreth would rise, but not for at least another candle mark. The rider's flesh rippled in anticipation, yearning for the warmth of company rather than the chill of solitude; she refused to wait out the next hour within the confines of a cold room.

Instead, Solai struck out towards the growing party of riders. Lost in the merriment, the greenrider cut loose. She enjoyed a long drag among friends, allowing the smoke to haze her mind. It made her further susceptible to the building pulses of longing that simmered within in her dragon. When she closed her eyes, Solai felt Tyreth's desires boiling, but not enough to stir her entirely. Soon, Solai would have to leave, but not just yet. Her attention returned to the party, giving the bodies and faces a curious sweep of her gaze. Among them, she found some familiar faces, and gave them a flirty wink, challenging them to accept her on the unspoken offer. Might they give chase?

The yearning grew, the pleasurable frustrations swelling.

After another handful of minutes appreciating the view of riders, men and women alike, the greenrider found a willing partner to pluck away from his company. She did not know the man, but it did not stop her from dragging him out onto the dance floor nonetheless. It was in their dance that she tempted him. Hips snapped to the beat, brushing against him with every opportunity he offered. Fingers played with his hair in a tease, and every so often, she neared him for a possible kiss... only to retract the offer with a saucy grin. "Aren't you a cute thing." She saw the knots at his shoulder that denoted him as a rider of interest. Might he be a face she saw in her own apartment?

Fingers scratched down his chest, gripping his tunic in want before relinquishing him entirely. "Coming?" she asked him, hoping he would say yes. She hoped they all would, for soon she felt Tyreth rouse from her slumber, stretching her sinuous form in invitation.

Mmmmmm... the nimble green purred as she slipped from the shade of her bed into the brilliant warmth of the autumn sun. It was a sky unfettered by the clouds, as pristine as freshly spun silk. I do feel like a proper dance is in order.

Solai agreed as she dashed for her apartment, and looked over her shoulder at those suitors who had begun to follow her. Once she reached her porch and unlocked the door, she felt the flood of flight take her. Though the greenrider stumbled, she managed to find purchase against the wall by her door. She saw the riders, and grinned at the sight of their eagerness. Fly Tyreth!

Do any of you fancy being my partner? With a dulcet bugle calling to her mates, Tyreth shot into the skies.

OOC - Your rider does not have to be a part of the gathering riders if you do not want them to, or they can be if you do. As for the identity of the mysterious man she danced with, if you want your boy to be the subject of her interests on the dance floor, by all means, you can say your rider was the lucky vict- I mean partner.

I know there is the thread of everyone who said they wanted to be involved, but if anyone else wants to join with their PC characters, you are more than welcome to. Just beware, she is Speed Class, so a Power Class dragon will not be able to chase her.

This will be a two-round flight. I will signal the second round next weekend by no later than Sunday, my time. Remember, I am on UK time, and am five hours ahead of the East Coast.

Happy Hunting!
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:55 am

Oh, this was going to be a good flight. He had been watching her from among the group of men and women alike that had gathered to see her dancing, and it was no wonder that she had drawn interest. The swerve of hips, the caress of fabric against a body that both tempted and taunted at the same time. K'rios knew he was going to be led on a chase just along with anyone else that happened to join in, and it wasn't going to be something he skipped out on.

When she left to go, he followed.

When her green called in such a beautiful tone, Iktomith responded.

I do indeed fancy myself your partner, sweet Tyreth. The pewter spoke, tone smoother than he would normally use during a flight. His rider took note and rolled is eyes, though he wasn't surprised - it was in his dragon's nature to act in such a manner when he sought something he desired... to change his behaviors, to act sweet and supple for the other.

K'rios found himself before Solai and bowed his head, polite, gentlemanly. As much as he was in desire thanks to the lust of dragon flight embedding itself within, he would not make his mark just yet. It was not his to make, it was her move to press forward and set upon him first. And if she saw fit to do so, then perhaps he would allow his own fingers to settle on her skin just to see if it was as fine and soft as it appeared to be.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Kate

Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:50 pm

K'uavaen and Blue Synstih

How quickly it seemed that time was just going by. A sevenday had passed, before the blue rider knew it, and now he was getting himself ready. Glancing at his image in the mirror, he quickly ran a hand through his hair. Dark eyes studied

This is going to be interesting, the blue rider thought to himself as he finally made his way down to where it seemed everyone else had already gathered. Normally, the blue rider was all excited about gatherings and such, but this one, he was not really sold on. Without Isolde here, nothing really seemed all that much fun anymore. Shaking his head, he tried to get his mind a little more focused on the fun he was supposed to be having, even if it wasn't all that easy. While he had promised to look after himself and Isadella, he still was deeply in love with the grey handler, and nothing was ever going to change that. Sending her letters was the only way he could let her know how much he still cared, for the time being anyway.

While Thread had been hard fought, everything had went off with minimal damage and it didn't seem as though anyone had come away with serious injuries. That was always something to be thankful for. After the stress of all of that though, they all needed this. Meeting up with some of the other riders from his Wing, they all grabbed an ale and told each other stories and the likes.

By now, the music was starting, and K'uavaen felt his foot tapping along with the beat. Come to think of it, it had actually been a while since he danced. Grabbing another ale, he just continued to listen to the music and watch the other people that were dancing. It once again made him think of Isolde and how the two of them had danced, but he quickly pushed that thought to the back of his mind. There was nothing else he could do at the moment, he just had to wait.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts, it was just in time to see a young woman start dancing. Dark eyes were glued to her, and he found his head bobbing in time with her movements and the drums. It was then that he felt Synsith getting excited and he didn’t even need to ask as his partner took to the skies in answer to a green’s call. Shaking his head he just smirked. It was then that the woman he had been watching earlier began to make her way off the floor, some of the male riders following her.

For a moment he just stated after the group and then he quietly followed, trying not to let himself give in just yet. There would be time for that later.

Up in the air, Synsith twisted a bit in the air, trying to show off a bit already. I would indeed like to be your partner. I would consider myself very lucky to have a partner as beautiful as you
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Talonflame

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:32 am

(( I am so sorry it took me so long to reply. Work kicking my rear on top of being sick is not very conducive to posting ;-; ))
It had been a hard sevenday, the young man had noted with a smile as he settled into the rhythm of the drumbeats. But it was a routine he was well familiar with, having nearly half a decade of full-fledged riding under his belt, and one that he always found himself falling into with little trouble. Call him a workaholic, call him a person that needed something to distract him from the routines he always threw himself into, but that had been one of the many facets of his personality that seemed to have drawn his dragon to him in the first place. The beast had the potential to be just as stern as his rider when the need called, but he had a fun-loving side to him that seemed a fine foil to the man's overly serious ways. And it had been the bronze that had talked him into joining the group in the first place. As a way to keep his mind off of the rough go at Thread over the last few days, naturally. It would be merely a start, but the dragon had been convinced that once he'd gotten into the music, the man would relax and start actually living for once. Work, work, and more work. It seemed to be all that was on the man's mind, and that was all well and good when the time to fight Thread came around. But now was the time to rest, to stop thinking of such things, and the bronze had been insistent upon it.

In the back of his mind, he was grateful to his dragon for coercing him to be there. He truly did need a break from all the chaos that came with Threadfighting, and this provided the perfect outlet for him to do just that. Of course, he sensed that there was some sort of ulterior motive as far as the bronze was concerned, but that was neither here nor there, and so he pushed it to the back of his mind. Nevertheless, he had been among the throng of riders that ended up gathered around a greenrider, watching in awe as she danced to the beat of the drums. New as he still was, this was a face he could put a name to, and as he watched the gentle, sensual sway of Solai's hips, he knew. She was going to lead those that joined her on a particularly wild chase, and as the first hints of desire rose up within him, strengthened by his dragon's own desires, he knew in the bottom of his heart that he would be a fool not to follow. And so it was that when she made to leave, he followed, along with other men who would vie for her affections. Oh, this would certainly be a fine chase indeed, he thought with a chuckle and a shake of his head as they reached a more... private area.

Despite the feeling of full-fledged desires filling his mind, the familiar heat rising from the pit of his stomach, he knew that he needed to keep his wits about him for now. To make the first move would either make or break his dragon's chances with the woman's green, and he didn't want to risk that on a whim. No, now was the time to be sly, to be sharp and aware. And so he lingered back for a moment, studying her and the other riders in the room carefully, gauging his chances as his dark eyes moved from one body to the next. They quickly settled back on Solai, however, the dark depths telling her that only she caught his gaze and held it, only she could keep his attentions for so long. An interesting flight, indeed.

Outside, Rhovanioth had stirred from his couch at the first signs that the green was moving. He was a larger beast compared to the others that had answered her call, that much was true, but he moved with an almost uncanny speed when it came to something that he desired. And oh, how he desired her. She was lovely, a perfect female in every way, and he needed her. Yearning filled his hearts as she leaped into the air, answering her dulcet bugle with his own silvery voice. I would very much enjoy being your partner, lovely Tyreth, he called to her, twisting and turning through the skies in pursuit. He wasn't as nimble as the smaller males, putting the large bronze at a disadvantage, but he was not about to give up. He would rather be stricken from the sky than willingly give up, and he would make sure that he was there at the end of the flight. Make sure he would be chosen by her. Shall we set the sky ablaze with a new kind of fire?
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:32 pm

The first to come face to face with her offered a bow of respect. Knots drooped from his shoulder, laced with threads of silver that signified he was a pewterrider. "If I wanted you to bow, I would have Impressed to a gold instead," she smirked to the older man in a turn.

With ease did she hear the calls from his dragon, as he was the first to take off after Tyreth. I do indeed fancy myself your partner, sweet Tyreth.

"Mmmm... at least your pewter's a talker. Tell me-" she stepped forward and slipped her lips to the delicate cove of the rider's ear "-Will you talk as sweetly to me now as he does to her? Or do you save your words for more ardent occasions?" As she pulled back from him, fingers grazed down his chest, stealing peeks of his form. But that was all she would allow for now. Later, she might permit bolder advances.

She led the flock into her hollow dwellings, and noted each prospect. Of course her dance partner would follow, she thought with a smirk, noting his chiselled face among those who now surrounded her. Yet others too also stood around her, respecting her space. For all the boys exercised their courtesies around the greenrider, Solai had never been the delicate little petal they assumed her to be. To the void with propriety! Had Solai cared for their manners, she would have played the part of the lady long before Tyreth sprouted into the sky. Never mind the smouldering gazes that whispered promises of pleasure if Tyreth allowed their beast to entwine with her. Solai favoured action above silence.

As a nimble green, Tyreth would prove a challenge for those larger beasts. Fortunately, for the more experienced dragons who swooped after her, the green still committed the same novice mistakes expected of younger, less experienced females. That was due in part to the fact Tyreth had only ever risen twice before this flight. Solai was merely a child when rider and dragon Impressed. For nearly the last decade, the dragon remained grounded, holding little interest in matters of flight and twining. Once Solai had become of age, however, Tyreth found her own curiosities cultivate until finally, in the last turn, she slipped into the sky on a exhilarating, albeit brief, flight.

She caught the luscious call of the pewter, and rolled her eyes as equally as his rider. Mmmm... can you fly as smooth as your words? she quipped back to him on a saucy note.

I would very much enjoy being your partner, lovely Tyreth,

She crooned to the bronze in encouragement. A lovely green for a lovely bronze perhaps? The idea of being caught by a bronze certainly stoked her self confidence. Bronzes normally pursued larger females. Did this mean he desired her enough to try his luck with her?

Shall we set the sky ablaze with a new kind of fire?

It is certainly a tempting thought, she replied with little commitment. Even the novice green knew better than to make such bold promises so early in the flight. Yet promises aside, his size and handsome hide made Rhovanioth a promising specimen of a male for her consideration.

A nimble blue also made for a promising suitor. He gave her several teasing twists in the sky before answering her. I would indeed like to be your partner. I would consider myself very lucky to have a partner as beautiful as you.

Such a gentleman with his wooing words. Tell me Synsith, do you often show such eloquence and grace in flight? Or have you decided to make a single exception? His words did tempt, but she much preferred his impressive manoeuvring. Save the sweet words for after the flight.

For now, Tyreth wanted to twist and turn in the skies, making even the smallest of bronzes dizzied by the effort. From the right to the left she shot, only to dive steeply for the rapidly expanding lands below. The green tested her limits, waiting until the last minute to pull up. As a small dragon, she easily recovered herself and regained her momentum, but for larger beasts, they knew they would struggle. The smaller males faired well, while the more experienced of the suitors undoubtedly recognised her tricks and answered her with tricks of their own. Even in her youth, Tyreth favoured wit over brawns. A mastery of tactics would win the flight.

Back on the ground, Solai teased her suitors in a game, daring them as Tyreth had done in the skies. To K'uavaen she stroked her nose along his cheek, but did not linger long. From the bluerider, to the pewter she danced, and especially to the bronzerider that had caught her dragon's interest. D'aen was his name? She swore it was as she neared him for a possible kiss, but alas the moment slipped away from him the moment Solai danced out of his arms. Soon, Solai had become Tyreth as the green made a dash for the skies, quickly tiring herself out. The larger dragons quickly gained on her, especially the powerful bronze, but she proved nimble enough to shift direction and dive back down again, only to veer towards the southern mountains with the flick of her tail. Now she rocketed to the finish, and counted those suitors who remained. Even Tyreth, for all she was loathe to choose, knew who had proven himself above the rest. Iktomith, I do believe you wished for a dance partner, and I long for skilled partner. Fly me well, my clever lead.

Thank you everyone for this flight. And congratulations Ember with K'rios and Iktomith ^.^
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:24 am

As they dropped out, one at a time, Iktomith clung to the skies. He knew his chances were great, being smaller, being more determined than these great pretenders. He was the only one that truly desired of the green gem that drove them to their furthest desires. Only he would be the one that capture her attentions and truly earn her as a treasure. He pushed himself onward as she continued to dance through the currents the air provided them all with, hopping fro one to the other, somehow managing to keep his wings steady without missing a single one.

Where others stumbled in their attempts at flight, it was the pewter who remained. Where others tried to dizzy her attentions with spells of words and feats of twists and turns, he remained silent and chose instead to fly, using those final moments to give an aerial display or two here and there. And finally, finally in the end, it benefited him the most when she called for him, drawing him closer to her, and he went, wrapping himself around her with a soft croon-growl. Let us dance together through the skies, for as long as you will have me, dear Tyreth.

Back on the ground, where riders spilled out and left behind the green and silver bodies, K'rios closed the door and turned to Solai. He slipped an arm around her and whispered in her ear. "I don't think words are going to be needed now, dear lady, unless you need to say stop." And he proceeded to show her just how little words were needed when the best of actions were used.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―