From The Ashes (Gold Andromedath's Maiden Flight)

For all the Mating Flights and Runs of all dragonkin who wish to test their suitors of New Atricis. Tips on Flights and Runs can be found within as well.
LdyPayne

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Issormoth thought it was pretty obvious he was daring and that by itself he shared with every dragon who now flew after golden Andromedath. There weren't many other browns chasing and the only one he saw was small compared to him. Issormoth may not be as experienced in chasing than others but he did realize he would have to do more than say he was something different, he would have to prove it.

<Bronzes, other browns, it doesn't matter who have joined us, I pursue you Beautiful Andromedath because I have yet to see a gold as beautiful as you and dare I say, I doubt I will ever see any who come close to your equal in all the Turns left to me.> Issormoth responded. He certainly didn't chase because he was fearless but because there was something about her that prompted him to chase. Perhaps it was knowing his rider was glad this was a closed flight so she didn't need to worry about participating, or perhaps it simply was because Andromedath was so strikingly beautiful.

His words said, Issormoth turned his attention to the chase. He was up against bronzes who were just as eager to catch Andromedath as he was. What Issormoth had to do was prove he was the best candidate for her first clutch of eggs. His Sire was Weyrleader and not just once but several times now, Issormoth had great potential and the brown intended to prove it.

He followed Andromedath's movements but used his own style, each flap of wing and twist of his body meant to show what he was capable of. He banked wide and twisted about, skillfully angling his wings to cut across the paths of slower males then beat his wings hard to gain speed and fly alongside her for a few wing beats. There was a moment when Issormoth thought it may be possible to catch her but he made no such attempt. He would never do such a thing, instead he left her move away and fell in step behind her. Sharing the sky with her was thrilling enough for him at this point.
Talonflame

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 pm

And there! At last, the golden beauty was off, taking to the skies in a magnificent display of glory. It didn't take the males long to start taking off after her, and Rhovanioth was certainly no exception to that rule. He sprang to action, bunching his hind legs underneath him and leaping almost straight upwards, his wings opening wide and pushing them back downwards in that all-important first downstroke, catching the air under him. He used this to gain his first bit of altitude before flapping more. He had to keep up with her, he simply had to! But at the same time, he knew better than to be fool enough to try for an early catch. Young though she was, the queen understood that it was her duty to her Weyr and to all of Pern to have a strong, healthy clutch. And all dragons knew that the best way to achieve that was through a long, strong Flight. And above all, Rhovanioth was going to be the one to do that. Or at least, that was the way that he personally saw it. All of the other chasing males, brown and bronze alike, were fine and strong beasts, but every male wanted to be the one to catch the radiant beauty that they came to chase.

He crooned back to Andromedath as she spoke to him, his voice mirroring hers in his distinct silvery tones, different in a pleasant way to her own brassy ones. Such was the way with the golden females and her suitors, her size lending to that deeper timbre in her croons and roars than his would likely ever reach. Not that he minded, of course, but it gave the bronze more reason to be infatuated with the beautiful queen. As her words drifted through his mind, the bronze crooned again, his hopes raised with each word. Of course, that didn’t mean that she would chose him, not based on that, and he would have called her nothing short of a silly hatchling to do such a thing. No, her comment that it wouldn’t be enough to just flatter her bolstered his affections for her all the more. I shall try my best, radiant one. I only hope that I can come even close to your glory, and hope that I can help you to outshine the very sun in the sky. And with that, the bronze fell silent, knowing that the time for words was long since over. Actions would speak for him now, and he was determined to prove himself the best to her.

For all that he was not as quick or nimble as the smaller of the other chasers, Rhovanioth found that he was managing to keep up with her movements rather well, following her through every twist and turn. She addressed the other males, two browns and three other bronzes that had arrived after he and Wojoth had, and while he allowed himself to feel a pang of jealousy once or twice, he refused to let it affect his flying. He would not falter, not now! He was the best, and he had to prove that to her! As she led them through the sky, the bronze found himself deciding that yes, though he lacked the distinct egotism of some other bronzes, he would most certainly be the best choice. So he rocketed through the sky after her, utilizing any chance breeze to his advantage as he followed her. He saved his energy, knowing that she would choose at her own leisure and thus not in any sort of hurry to rush her decision. There would be time enough for witty words and playful teases once she made him her mate, after all, he thought with an amused rumble as she doubled back, giving him the chance to use a cross breeze to his advantage. He turned into the wind, letting it turn him around far quicker than he could have done so himself, pushing as much air behind him as he could to catch up to her, crooning playfully to her as he slid into a glide beside her.

From where he wandered almost aimlessly on the ground, D’aen could feel himself getting more and more lost in the emotions of his dragon. Rhovanioth wanted-- no, needed -- this, and who was he to deny his great bronze anything? So he allowed himself to stop moving, shaking his head to clear his thoughts even for a moment as he thought of how strange this sensation was. It was otherworldly to him, feeling his bronze’s desires so deeply without any sort of relief from the tension that was building deep in the pit of his stomach. He firmly reminded himself that soon, soon it would all be over, and whether or not Andromedath chose his dragon or not. Though he knew that Rhovanioth was the best dragon that Pern could ever have, and whether that was rider bias or not had yet to be determined. But his confidence in the large bronze drifted through the bond, bolstering the dragon’s resolve and pushing him onward. The rider could feel every movement of the wind, feel it battering against his face, the tensing and relaxing of muscles he didn’t even have as Rhovanioth flapped his wings to keep altitude and pace with the golden queen whose affections he sought. Yes, soon it would all be over.
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:57 am

Fox could feel as his bronze rose higher and higher into the air after the gold. He could feel the air brushing past his face, coursing over his wings, and even down to his tail that flicked like the end of a whip against any male that dared to come too close to him. Still, there was the human side of him that was aware of his actual surroundings, snuggled in bed with his short stack. For now he was content to cuddle as he focused on his bronze. Since this wasn't a leadership flight, he encouraged his dragon even more. He hated how pouty he could get after a lost flight and was sure he wasn't the only rider that had to deal with those sorts of emotions in their males.

Mnenomth, it is nice of you to compare me to the sun, and that I shine more brightly. Let's see if your actions can back up you're words, shall we?

Mnenomth beat his wings even harder against the dawning sky. My actions will speak loudly for all of Pern to see. A fine jewel such as yourself deserves the best of us. Shame on any of the males that fail to not give you their all, but you have my word you will have all of mine. The bronze crooned to her. She was a young and inexperienced gold, but a queen through and through. For all he was tempted to try and make a forced catch, he had a feeling that would back fire on him in the long run. For now he would show her his mettle and trust that she would make the right decision.
Mars found himself wandering out in the weyrbowl. His eyes looking upwards every so often to catch the glimpses of bronze, brown, and the one glowing gold hide. He trusted himself enough to not be too worried if the flight came to an end and he was still out and about. He knew where there was guest rooms that sometimes were used for flights when riders were caught off guard. Which could happen with greens. He'd still yet to find someone to share the flight with, but there was still time. Mars came to a stand still in a shaded spot to watch as the dragons flew over head. It was only then he spotted the other man near by. He noticed the knots on his shoulder and gave the man a respectful nod. "I take it your bronze is trying his chances as well. Good luck to the both of you." He said politely.

You are indeed new, and it pleases me to have some new blood chasing me my first time Shardamakath. Let us see how you fare.

In the air Shardamakath was giving it his all to keep up with the lovely gold. Perhaps due to his size some of the other males would have thought he'd wear out by now, but he'd yet to use the last of his strength. Though small, it was not delicate, but thankfully his wings were large enough to help support the extra bulk of muscle over what should have been a more lithe frame. The sandy bronze wasn't about to give up so easily. He wanted to prove to Andromedath and to his new home what he was worth. For you I would fly to the ends of Pern, till my wings refused to beat against the sky anymore, choose me and I will show you how strong a clutch I can give to you. Shardamakath promised her, but they were not empty promises.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:26 am

This might not have been Larixth's first Queen he Chased, but Andromedath was certainly the largest. He might have been one of the speedier dragons Chasing her today, but speed was not what a Queen looked for in her mate. She needed stamina and power for her future offspring. After all, any mother would want the strongest children, as would any sire. Larixth believed himself to be capable of giving strong offspring, but belief was nothing unless he could prove it to her with his skills in the air.

Andromedath had no fear of paying her suitors some attention it seemed, paying each of them some attention, perhaps even to study each of them. Larixth huffed with eagerness, waiting for her to notice him next. He lost sight of her for a moment when she flew into the sun, keeping the males from following her actions with their sight. When she came back into view, she dove, so close to one of the bronzes she almost looked like she would collide with him. Surely she hadn't chosen so quick?

But alas, Larixth shouldn't have even considered that possibility. He spoke of duty to her, yes, but was it not his duty to believe in her capabilities? She knew what she was doing, and he needed to remember that if he held any hope of Flying her today. So it was, that when she flew close to him, he puffed himself up with pride to show that he was a strong male to consider. A brown he may be, but he was no lesser dragon, that was for certain.

It is my duty to answer your lovely call, and my duty to prove to you how much stronger I am than all the others. He boldly flew with her for as long as she was so close, using his wings to keep pace with her as well to show his words weren't empty promises. He'd prove it to all of them how worthy he was!

Then she flew up, and he followed, only to lose her when she flew one way then back, shooting over the pack of males. If dragons could laugh aloud, Larixth was sure Andromedath would be, laughing in delight as she soared so beautifully and the males scrambled to catch up. Of course, Larixth was among the males trying to catch up, trying to weave around more confused males or slower ones to catch up with Andromedath and fly so close to her again.

Unfortunately, Larixth might not see that come to pass, as he felt himself begin to tire despite his desire to prove himself strong. He was a large brown, sure, but Adromedath was a large Queen, outsizing him by a fair amount and outdoing him and even many bronzes in stamina as well. Such was her nature as a powerful, beautiful Queen. She would push them to their limits, and some would reach theirs sooner. Larixth pushed himself though, he would not drop out and disgrace himself so.

M'ir, meanwhile, had decided not to lock himself in privacy for the Flight. As a man open with his body, he had no qualms about being taken to someone's bed for the duration of the Flight. In fact, he almost preferred it, finding Larixth's ever growing need to win as increasing the need forming within himself. Sometimes M'ir wondered how riders locked themselves away by themselves, surely the feelings would send one mad?

M'ir looked for no one in particular, even if a small part of his mind wished for someone that he knew could never be here. It had been turns, but that hurt still festered, the guilt still strong. He could still see her in his mind and memories, but she was not here, and a Flight was not the time to wallow in the past. Larixth needed him focused on the present. M''ir would find a companion willing to enjoy some time together intimately, meanwhile supporting Larixth mentally in every way he could.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kate

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 am

The Gold's attention was briefly brought back to Wojoth, and she just crooned gently to him, flirting with him as much as she wanted. Actually, she was very flirty with all of them. It was just her nature. Actually, she had already taken quiet a liking to Wojoth, but then again, with the Flight going on, she technically liked all of them.

As she flew, she veered left and right, finally getting closer to Folioth once again, getting within inches of him before tearing back off in the other direction, looking back over her should, and flicking her tail and him ever so slightly, just to mess with him.

Andromedath did have to admit to herself that she was really pleased about Elahrairath still saying he had been waiting for her to rise. It made her feel more important, and stroked her already big ego. Crooning to him she took off into the air once more, daring them all to follow her once more.

Flying backwards for a few moments her eyes found Issormoth. The young gold knew that he would be a good choice, and as she dwelled on it, she continued flying, continued teasing them, just having some fun.

Andromedath couldn't help but puff out her chest as she heard Rhovanioth once again. It seemed like all the boys knew exactly what to say, but this one seemed to be over trying, but most certainly in a good way.

If the young Gold could chuckle, she would. Actually, she would probably blush too at the words that Shardamakath spoke to her once more. Fly to the ends of Pern huh? It just made her feel even more important and she continued leading them through the skies.

As she rocketed downward once again, she heard Mnenomth, and while his sweet words tickled her, she didn't stop her dive downward. Actually, she kept going down until the last second before pulling up. Looking back over her shoulder, it was almost as if she was grinning at the boys, pleased with herself for what she had just done.

Larixth's comment about duty intrigued her even more, but the young maiden was too busy having fun with them to really bring it to their attention by replying to it. Honestly, Andromedath was just having way to much fun showing off to really care about anything else at the moment.

After a while longer of enjoying herself and teasing them, she finally had come to a decision. Rocketing towards the sun again she called out. Shardamakath, you have proven your worth to me. Fly with me now, and come claim your prize.

Congrats to the winners!

True Random Number Service
Do you own an iOS or Android device? Check out our app!
List Randomizer
There were 14 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Shardamakath
Wojoth
Folith
Folith
Elahrairath
Issormoth
Rhovanioth
Larixth
Wojoth
Elahrairath
Issormoth
Mnenomth
Rhovanioth
Shardamakath
IP: 252.221.139.222
Timestamp: 2018-04-15 19:15:51 UTC
Don't use this service for video giveaways! Use Multi-Round Giveaways instead More Info

© 1998-2018 RANDOM.ORG
Follow us: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Terms and Conditions
About Us
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:53 am

Tag: Mars

Now this was a turn of events that Duke wasn't going to argue about. Here he was taking a few moments to enjoy the burn of the flight, and the course it was taking overhead, and luck deemed him patient enough to drop a fellow bronzerider in his lap; a fine looking one at that. He took a moment to glance at the other man and give him a once over, deciding that he was someone of agreeable appearance, though perhaps that had something to do with the flight burn coursing through his veins, though he was clear of mind enough to realize that wasn't it completely. A smile, starting with the curl at the corners of his mouth, soon appeared on his face, and he wondered if this would be the entertainment he had hoped to find upon leaving his apartment. If the other man was agreeable, then they'd both be in for a treat. Not wishing to be rude, or for that, give to appearance of someone ungreatful for the appearance of someone kind, Duke lifted up his chin in acknowledgement. "Good luck to you and yours as well. May the winds be kind to one of ours this day."

Which, it turned out, was not in favor of his bronze. Close, so much so that Wojoth ahd skimmed within reach of impressing the beauty, but in the end she had chosen another. Feeling the familiar rush back into his body as that missing piece of his thought came tumbling home, he stumbled back a step and reached out to take hold of Mars in response. For a moment, however brief it would last, he was left unaware of the fact that this man's dragon was the winner of the flight. He was calling his own bronze home, telling him to go to the lake and find someone to soothe himself with, to bask in the sun and hopefully find some comfort of his own in the depths of sleep and caresses from a pretty and willing female. It wasn't until his gaze shifted back to Shardamakath's rider, however, that his own needs remidned him of why he wasn't behind a closed door, of who Mars was, and what he himself should probably say to break the thick ice between them. "Congratulations to Shardamakath on his win. Now... would you like to lead the way somewhere?"
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:30 am

Tag: Duke
Shardamakath was beginning to use the last of his stamina. He knew, despite the fact he could fly as well as the larger bronzes, it was possible that one of them would have more stamina than he would. Still, he would not give up, not until there was a clear winner. He folded his wings and allowed gravity to take him down after her. Being smaller he did have some agility over the larger males. Then, he pulled up just as she did and made a final push to catch her if she chose him.

Shardamakath, you have proven your worth to me. Fly with me now, and come claim your prize.

Shardamakath bugled in victory. His strength renewed he flew closer to the larger gold and happily caught her. He was very pleased that she was giving him the chance to prove his worth to her and he would not let her down. Beautiful Andromedath! How you have honored me. You are not a prize to be won, but a treasure to be held dear. I will not fail to make myself worthy of your choice.

Back on the ground, Mars watched with a hand shading his eyes as the flight continued. The other man's presence was still there, but he didn't pay much more attention to him. It wasn't a rude gesture, the other bronzerider was sure to be doing the same, but right now with the flight so close to ending all of his attention was on Shardamakath. He continued to urge his bronze on, to prove his mettle, and win the queen. There had been some in the past that had mocked Shardamakath, and himself consequently, about his size....but size was not all that mattered. His heart pounded in his chest until...

Mars gave a cheer of victory that echoed the one his bronze bugled. He'd done it! He knew he could, but now no one could deny that his bronze was a worthy dragon. Simultaneously Mars was happy and now even more filled with the lust coursing through his and Shardamakath's veins. Mars, though, was not so far gone to not realize where he was and the fact was he was not with the queen's rider.

"Congratulations to Shardamakath on his win. Now... would you like to lead the way somewhere?"

He had not even felt the man's hand on his arm until he heard him speak. Lust filled eyes looked the shorter man up and down for a moment. Mars did not prefer men, he really wasn't attracted to men, but this was a flight and flights were different. Besides, the man was willing, which was what mattered most and it wasn't as if there was anyone else around. "I believe the guest rooms are this way." He said and began walking in that direction and trusted that the other bronzerider would follow. Every fiber wanted to grab a hold of the man just as Shardamakath had caught Andromedath, but they were in public and he was too modest for that. It could wait till they were behind closed doors.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash