The Sunset Rises Before Dawn - Fersk's Maiden Run

For all the Mating Flights and Runs of all dragonkin who wish to test their suitors of New Atricis. Tips on Flights and Runs can be found within as well.
Altreis

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Jarsk knew the Run would be challenging. Even a maiden green wher was not easy to Catch. And why should it be easy? Easy did not help him prove he was the best! As such Jarsk welcomed the challenges Fersk threw his way. Hills? They were opportunities as far as he was concerned. Even with less than ideal footing the blue would speed up on the approach, letting his momentum help carry him up, and on the way down he of course let gravity do its thing. Technically he slowed down, shifted his weight back a little, but with the pull of gravity he still kept up a good clip. If the ground was too muddy he let himself slide and even fall, rolling to his feet at the bottom. Jumps, turns, he took them all on without hesitation.

Still he did try not to burn too much of his energy, as with the hills. This was hardly his first Run after all; he knew his limits and compared to the hulking forms of the larger males he had less strength and less stamina. Colliding with one of them was not good and it was equally not good to go too fast and burn himself out early. And never once did he lose sight of the reason he was Chasing this night: Fersk.

Jarsk handsome. Words confident. Show you can prove it.

Oh was he ever going to prove it to her! Jarsk had no doubts in himself and he was not about to slack off. He would find a way to impress her, to stand out to her.

Almost as soon as he was so enticed the opportunity came. Fersk led the males right into an open field. It was a speedy wher's dream come true, which Jarsk immediately capitilized upon. The mud and muck made things trickier to be sure but he still sped up, intending to "catch" Fersk. He might not be interested in making her choice for her but surely she would be impressed if he could get in range for such? It was a good showing of his speed and he still would have more to give if she but called to him.

Even the best laid plans can go awry though and the mud certainly shook things up now. Over the course of the Run Jarsk had fallen toward the back of the pack simply because he had to conserve his energy. Now, as he surged forward, one of the larger males lost his footing in the muck. Bronze, brown, Jarsk didn't look closely enough to see and he did not care. What he did care about was that said male was falling pretty much right on top of him. This was where being smaller, faster, and more agile came in handy. With scarcely a thought Jarsk threw himself forward and to the side, managing to avoid being crushed. However in doing so...

The moment his feet hit the ground once more it was Jarsk's turn to slip. Unlike the larger, clumsier wher however he did not allow himself to trip and fall. Instead Jarsk hunched down, flared his wings, locked his legs, and allowed himself to settle into a semi-controlled slide. It took far less effort than fighting with the mud even if it carried him a bit off-course. Still here! he bugled triumphantly. Here for Fersk! The words were said with fervor, Jarsk wanting Fersk to know he was still with her, ready and willing to finish the Run with her if she so chose. He also managedto turn slightly so that as he slowed down enough his next lunge sent him straight at Fersk-a little too much so.

Jarsk barked a warning to her. Fersk look out! Jarsk can't stop! He tried, he really did, to turn himself mid-lunge. He had wanted to get close but not pounce her! Wings again flared and tail lashed as Jarsk sought to turn himself away. Even if it meant he would crash into the ground or another male, that was better than hitting Fersk. Jarsk here for Fersk! he called, pouring as much devotion into the words as he could manage.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:40 am

This wouldn't be Sarsk's first run. There had been others, but none so far had resulted in a successful catch. This would be a challenge, with as many males as there were - another strong bronze, one he had considered himself on friendly terms outside of a situation like this one, browns that were both equally strong but in his opinion hardly competition, a unique male that he had seen plenty of times around the Weyr, and blues that had decided they would try their luck at a chase only Sarsk himself was worthy to call himself champion of in the end. While he was large, and full of bulk, he could use that to his advantage - where he lacked speed, he retained stamina. Let the others waste their talents trying to chase and catch early on. He would remain in the running to the very end.

Even through the hills, he didn't lose sight of what was most important, and that was Fersk, her hide glowing and beautiful up ahead. Through the other males, the trees and grasses, the rolling inclines of land, he didn't once take his sharp sight from her. When her sweet word penetrated the heady veil wrapped around him, the bronze responded with a soft croon, meant for her alone. So it will happen, so it will be.

Fersk was quick, and led them to the open fields, made sure that her suitors followed, and Sarsk didn't lose footing as they padded and pounded their way through the mud and muck of the terrain. Using speed might have been seen as a dream come true, he used his in little spurts, making sure he kept up just enough not to fall too far behind, without wasting too much of it when it would be needed the most: when he would need to impress her the most, and oh, how he intended to do so with speed and accuracy.

When he saw a sudden opening up ahead, he decided it was time to use what he'd been building up and saving, and letting some of it out, he ate the distance quickly between himself and the nearest wher, then a little bit more for good measure. She was within sight, within scent, and soon, so very soon, he would feel her brush against him and they would be running together, the others forgotten, and the dawn would be theirs.

Where she was, Saibra smiled coyly, deciding she liked the options presented to her - Inggharudube was offering, though with him she couldn't tell if he was teasing or not. Still, she might have to take him up on it if Sarsk lost, which was a very real possibility. But she was pushing for her wher to succeed, because she wanted him to have that chance, because she wanted him to succeed. "Don't worry, Ferghas, you can make it up to me this evening, or another evening that you're free. One or the other or both." She winked, and glanced at Mahina, still lingering in the doorway. "Come on in my friend, don't be shy. We're just about to have drinks."
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:26 am

)O( Mahina of Brown Mahsk )O(
While the brown's heart was in the chase, as time wore on the wher's injuries began to take their toll. At first it wasn't noticeable, a shorter stride here, a misstep there. Mahsk really didn't pay close attention to those small hiccups. No his attention was on the glowing lady just beyond the pack. Over hills, through the brush and brambles, Mahsk did his best to keep up. Agility was never the clumsy brown's forte and the healing wounds only aggravated this trait. The sweet encouragement from Fersk should have spurred the brown on, it should have given the lagging brute the challenge he needed to spur on ahead. However the timing of her siren's call and his own clumsy claws had the brown stumbling.

Growling lowly to himself Mahsk tried to recover from this mistake. It had cost him standing among the males but Mahsk wasn't deterred. Struggling, stubborn and now slightly winded from a close brush with a trunk, Mahsk wasn't exactly paying attention to the terrain around him. The shift from wooded hills to the muddy clearing had Mahsk sliding more than he wanted to admit. It was during this hap-dash struggle that a smaller male darted closer than the larger Mahsk was comfortable with. Startling from his slide to avoid a collision, Mahsk didn't wait to see what happened to the blue. With a snout full of mud and bits of grass now clinging to his eye-ridges, Mahsk knew that things were not going in his favor. Shaking his head as quickly as he dared, the brown tried to clear his senses before struggling to his feet.

Ignoring his strained muscles, ignoring the warmth from pulled scars and healing scratches, Mahsk was determined to continue. Mud not stop Mahsk. Stupid mud, Mahsk muttered not caring who heard him. Snorting heavily to clear his nostrils, Mahsk pushed his muddy feet to begin their race once more.

As Mahina lingered in the hall, the wide eyed teen wondered just what would happen if Mahsk won this thing. While she knew that the bond between them wasn't as strong as a dragon's lust, there was a warmth under Mahina's skin that she wasn't quite used to. Curious eyes turned towards the door as voices continued to call out to her despite the words being directed at others. At least that's what Mahina hoped. What was she doing there anyway? She could handle this.... thing... on her own right? As her brown stumbled out in the gloom, Mahian made up her mind to turn back towards the safety of her own quarters.

At least that was the plan. A familiar voice called out louder than the others, reaching Mahina and tweaking something that the girl wasn't aware of just yet. Lifting her now curious face towards the small group, Mahina felt her cheeks heat at being caught. "Umm," She tried out, hoping that her words wouldn't fail her. "I... I don't normally drink," She finished lamely knowing full well how scarlet her face must be now. Mahina wasn't aware that as her cheeks flamed her feet moved once more. Shy steps carried the new brown handler into the lions' den. Raising one hand to rub self-consciously at the opposite arm, the younger woman tried to think of something more intelligent to say. Unlike her partner, Mahina had little experience with seduction or even playful flirting. Rather than continuing to make a fool of herself, Mahina chose to stall the introductions by stopping just behind her bronze-handling friend.
Ainokesshou

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 pm

Inggharusk may not have cared that his passing created a clear path for the whers behind him, but Galask certainly cared. He knew that he wouldn't have enough stamina to keep up with the larger males unless he took advantage of little things like that, so he stayed fairly close behind the big bronze, limiting himself to the larger wher's pace to conserve as much energy as possible until the end of the chase. He would save one big burst for when Fersk seemed to tire, as long as he didn't exhaust himself before then.

That was a serious possibility, though. Galask wasn't built for long chases, no matter what tricks he might use to save energy. He was tiring, and couldn't see any sign that the two big bronzes were having any trouble at all. He only had one chance, and he would take it...NOW.

The next time Inggharusk went over a low hanging branch, Galask ducked under it, just enough smaller than the bronze to manage. He scraped his back a bit on the branch, but it didn't really slow him down, and he threw himself into the one sprint he had in him. The open field beckoned, and tucking into Inggharusk's trail wouldn't have served him here either. Of course, Jarsk seemed to have the same idea, and while Galask didn't originally slip on the wet ground, he had to dodge the other blue instead of attempting a catch. With the dodge, he started sliding, though at least he seemed to be sliding toward Fersk instead of away from her. Still, he was suddenly trying to slow down instead of speed up, digging claws into the ground to gain some traction.

Galana was actually pretty pleased with the collection of other handlers in Ferghas' quarters. Outside of one of Galask's runs, the man wouldn't have been her type at all, but the others came a bit closer. She should probably give that pretty little brownrider some space, though, since she didn't really seem prepared for this situation. She hadn't even been a candidate and gone through the lectures about chases, so who knew if she would be able to separate herself mentally if she did something this morning that she was uncomfortable with.

There was nothing wrong with looking, though, and there was plenty worth looking at in this room.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Linnea

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 am

Rhea sighed in relief when the door to his own quarters closed behind him. Rheask looked up from where she was resting and even if whers couldn't actually laugh, he knew she was actually laughing at him. "I just feel more comfortable here," he pointedly reminded her before plopping into his chair and opening a book at his desk. Rina had lent it to him with the express command he read it and return it to her within two weeks.

Back outside, in the dark before the dawn, Rheask's paws pounded against the ground, pushing himself further and faster than any competitors. When Fersk reached out to brush words against his mind, he reached back with his devotion and desire and a confirmation that he could run forever for her. He chased her throw riverbeds and gullies, through brambles and over hills and along fallen trees. Exhaustion tore at his body from a long night, but Rheask would see his burning lungs turned to ash before he gave up the chase. He broke out into the clearing right behind Fersk. He could run up alongside her now, try to take her down. But she was still running hard. There would be no reason to catch while Fersk could still run. Instead, he impressed on her his own steady beat. Run forever and I will chase. The sentiment was there even without the actual words.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Ferghas got out more glasses, one for each person in the room regardless if they would accept the drink. Simply seemed rude to not include everyone since they had all be so kind as to show up. Even ones like Inggharudube who was here to be his body guard according to the man's own words. Ferghas found that rather amusing. "I appreciate you looking out for me, darling, but..." He spoke to the broad man as he handed him a glass. "All of the lovely people in this room looks plenty interesting for me. Even you." A cheeky wink was given to the man. He couldn't help himself as it was fun to jest with his comrade.

Inggarusk smart. Fersk appreciate that. Fersk spoke to the mighty bronze. For a moment she was tempted, and in fact slowed down and moved nearer to him, to choose him, but then a rush of a second wind hit her and she sped up again. Yes, she had always liked the bronze but she had more energy left and would not stop until she absolutely had to.

The sunset wher could feel someone getting closer to her. A quick glance showed her that it was Jarsk. Whether or not he was intending to catch her, Fersk veered away quickly and sped up more to make sure to keep her distance from him. It was impressive how quickly he had caught up to her. Perhaps if she had not been aware of him he would have been able to make the catch. Fersk's sudden change in direction caused one of the other males to stumble and in doing so almost took out Jarsk as well. Fersk did not see what he had done to keep in the chase, but again she was impressed when he announced that he was still there. Jarsk is agile. She commended him. Then he yelled at her to watch out. Another quick glance and she saw he was about ready to collide with her. That was not good. Fersk skidded down and jumped to the side. It made her lose speed and momentum, not to mention use some of the precious stamina she had left, but she was able to dodge.

Muscles were burning badly now, but still she pushed ahead. Still there, Sarsk? Good. Don't give up. She encouraged the big bronze. The field was going to end at a steep decline. Fersk wanted to test the males, but that would be cruel this late in the run, so she turned her course in a large arc back towards the weyr. Same to you, Mahsk. You got back up. Now chase with everything. Galanask was her next obstacle. The blue seemed to be using the mud to his advantage and was sliding right towards her. This terrain was certainly making for an interesting maiden run. Good try, Galanask. Rheask, such long strides. Fersk lucky for such strong males. She crooned to the whole pack.

Ferghas handed Saibra her glass next, making sure his fingers brushed against hers in a flirtatious manner. "Any time, lovely. My door is always open to you." He said giving her a wink. The attention he was more than happy to pay to Saibra was distracted when she addressed someone in the hall. He turned to see another beauty, though she seemed to be much more awkward. With a grin he handed her a glass too. "Yes, don't be shy, pet. We don't bite. Unless you want us too." He said as he offered her a glass as well. "You don't have to drink it, but it would be rude for me not to offer. First run, is it? Mine too. I think it's rather fun already, though." Galana was rather silent where she stood, but even she was given a glass to enjoy while all their whers ran until they couldn't anymore.

That time was coming very soon as the weyr yard was coming back into site. Fersk had proven she was not an easy catch, not even for her maiden run. The males had proven their moxy and worth to be her mate. Now she was tired and she knew she had to make a choice or use her energy too far and let the males decide. All have shown worth. Fersk proud, but only choose one.. She said to them all as she began to slow and near the male she had picked. Mahsk, you prove yourself most. Fell down, but came back strong. My choice is you. She told the large brown as she neared to him.

Brown eyes turned to Mahina with a grin and a glass was held up to her in toast. "Congratulations my dear. Seems my girl likes your boy the best. While I would love the pleasure of your company as my wher wants the pleasure of yours, I will understand if you would prefer to leave or accept the company of any of the other lovely people in this room. I'm sure one of them will be happy to keep me company should you do so." She seemed so timid he wanted her to make sure she knew she had options. He could be licentious man, he wasn't the sort to be forceful.
Congratulations to Mahsk and Mahina! Thanks guys for making my first wher run playing the female so fun. I'm really glad I randomized because I don't think I could have picked myself a winner. We all know what this means now!! WHER BABIES!! If ya'll want to discuss a morning after scenario or do a thread, I am game.

There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Mahsk
Jarsk
Galask
Sarsk
Leitask
Rheask
Solonisk
Inggarusk
IP: 172.78.236.236
Timestamp: 2018-02-05 14:44:27 UTC
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Image Image Image Image Image
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:03 am

With mud, grass and other bits still marring his eye sight, Mahsk relied on his other senses to keep up with the lovely lady and the other males. While his sense of hearing wasn't as keen as his heat-sensitive eyesight, it was enough to keep the big brown on course. Well, mostly on course. Another clumsy shake of his head finally rid his eye ridges of the lingering foliage enough that he could see the glowing maiden shifting in her path. As the pack began veering back to the weyr, Mahsk wondered just how much longer he could last. He had heard the lady's encouragement but with the burn in his muscles and the flagging reserves of strength in the brute's body, Mahsk wasn't sure if he could finish this challenge let alone win the lady's affections. He tried to hold onto the sweet words from Fersk. Everything, The brown muttered to himself as he forced his muddy limbs into moving faster. Everything, He repeated with a bit more gusto behind it. Where ever this new strength came from, Mahsk didn't care. It was there as he needed it and the large wher pulled on the reserves.

Back in the weyr, Mahina stumbled slightly as she felt a tug on her bond with Mahsk. Confusion pulled across her face as she tried to understand what was going on around her. Distracted by her own mind, Mahina nearly jumped into the air as a male voice called out to her. Blinking her brown eyes the new handler reached for the offered glass reflexively. Nodding at the man's questions, the beastcrafter didn't trust her own voice at the point to reply. Instead the girl offered a shy smile as her mind settled down into a more recognizable pattern.

In the clearing, Mahsk did his best to keep up with the pack. It was a challenge to be certain but as the other males began to slow as well a boost of confidence filled the brown. It wasn't until the shining hide of Fersk filled his vision that Mahsk caught onto what the lovely lady had been saying. Choice? Mahsk Fersk' choice? Mahsk stuttered out as age-old instincts took over. It had been a while since the brown had won a Run but there are somethings even a wher couldn't forget.

A new emotion bubbled down her bond with Mahsk as she tried to pay attention to the others in the room. Her brown eyes flew open wide as she tried to hide her new wave of thoughts behind a drink from the glass warming in her hands. A sputtering cough left the young woman as she realized what she was feeling from her uncle's former wher. It took Mahina a few heartbeats to piece together what Ferghas was saying to her. Blinking her watering eyes from the burn of the drink and her sudden coughing fit, Mahina was glad for the moment's stalling. Glancing around the room to take in the other's reactions, Mahina wondered just what she should do. When her coughing finally faded enough for speech, the young brown handler looked at the Sunset handler in front of her. "I.. uh... I'll stay here," She said with a flush, "I mean I choose you!" She finished her outburst a bit louder than she had hoped but there was little Mahina could do now. Feeling her tanned cheeks flush a deeper red, the brunette waited to see what would happen next.
Ainokesshou

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 am

Well.

She hadn't expected Galask to win, by any means, since there were so many contenders, and it had looked to be (and was) a longer chase than he was really suited for. She had rather hoped for a more satisfying end to her own evening, but she couldn't exactly fault that young brownhandler for fully enjoying the outcome of her wher's first successful chase. And she certainly knew that the girl wouldn't be comfortable with a bit of extra fun, with as adorably awkward and hesitant as she had been about stating her choice.

Oustide of chases, Mahina would have been more her type than Ferghas was, too. The girl was much too uncertain in her new role and expectations for Galana to make any overtures though. Ah well, she could prowl around looking for a different ending to her night. There were always a few of the weyrfolk willing to console unsuccessful handlers after a chase, and if there were fewer women willing to console her than there would be if she were a man, at least in this Weyr it was only unusual, not forbidden.

So Galana left Ferghas' quarters, starting down her mental list of women who might be willing to start their own days off with a romp to end Galana's. Two of them had started sharing quarters, and while they were still willing to console male riders and handlers, Galana suspected it was with an eye toward contributing to the next generation. So they weren't as likely to spend some time with her.

She was NOT going to clean Galask again right away. He was taking enough of a swim to keep the mud from coating thickly to his hide during the day, but she would be getting rid of the rest of the signs of the chase when she woke that evening. Until then...

She was sure she could find SOME entertainment before sleeping.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
LdyPayne

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 am

When the time came and Fersk chose a brown instead of him, Inngharusk huffed his annoyance. Really, didn't she know he would give her the best offspring? The bronze had seen the brown fall and get back on his feet but what hot ichor'ed male wouldn't? Only the weak that is. Inggharusk stayed on his feet the whole time proving he had better dexterity and focus yet she took the oaf who fell and managed to get back on his feet? How was that proving anything?

Banking around he circled Fersk not yet so tired he wanted to call it quits.

<Is Fersk sure that is the one you want?> Inggharusk inquired. <All here would have got back up to resume the chase, he just happened to be one who fell.>

It was clear Fersk wouldn't be persuaded from her choice and Inggharusk wouldn't risk alienating her for future Runs by bullying his way forward. He lowered his head slightly to accept her choice then turned and made his way back to his den to get out of the rain and rest. Next time he gave chase he will make sure Mahsk stayed down next time he fell.

Inggharudube could feel his bronze's frustration at losing the chase to a brown. Stand down Inggharusk, you can't win them all. At least you didn't lose to one of the blues,[/color] he told his wher. That seemed to please the bronze knowing he at least didn't lose to a far lesser wher.

With Mahina stepping up and pretty much throwing herself at Ferghas, Inggharudube chuckled and raised his glass of wine. "Have fun Ferghas." he told the man then downed his wine. No point lingering while Ferghas was enjoying the fruits of her Wher's Run.

"Well, I am heading back to my apartment, if any of you fine ladies care to come with me you will be most welcome." Inggharube offered, eyes going over all the women who had showed up. He had no interest in the men but at least he won't try to take all the women away. He was willing to share that much.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:04 am

There it was, the end of it. Sarsk didn't want to call it over, but it was clear to the young bronze that Fersk had made her decision, and it was not him. He let out a mewling cry as he pulled himself back, both at his own request and that of his handler, who was grasping her knees after the rush came over her - the rush of disappointment, and the crashing realization that she wasn't ready to call it a night yet.

Sarsk told her to pick someone, to enjoy herself and lose herself for a little while. There would be time to tend to his needs later, like the bath he was surely going to need first thing when her eyes opened. She considered that for a moment and narrowed her eyes a little. Stay away from my bed if you return to the tunnels.

That meant a cleaning in her den in the morning, too.

She stepped back, heard a familiar voice, a voice that prompted the memory of a promise, and she turned with a smile and tapped Inggharudube's chest. If Ferghas wasn't going to be available, and her fellow bronzerider was still offering, perhaps they could comfort one another for a little while. It was worth putting out a feeler to see if he was willing.

"I do believe you said I could fall into your arms after." She started to relax her body, but refrained from falling, waiting instead to ask her next question. "Do I do that now, or after we find someplace more private?"