The Blackrose Affair <Nerosali's Maiden Run>

For all the Mating Flights and Runs of all dragonkin who wish to test their suitors of New Atricis. Tips on Flights and Runs can be found within as well.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:24 am

NPC Alpha Blood Zenucah
Zenucah was no pup compared to some of the younger males chasing. In fact, there was a few that he had sired himself. It made the blood pride to be the leader of such a strong Pack and one that held the largest territory on the Southern continent. Yes, that was due to them being part of Atricis and not just a single Pack, but it was still something to take pride in. Nerosali's clutch would only add more strength to the Pack.

Conserving his energy he did not try to catch up to the young maiden too quickly. He didn't want to be the back of the males chasing, but too early and one would waste all of their energy. Zen was smarter than that and he knew himself well enough to know how to pace himself. Finally, he was near enough to Nerosali to make out the Rose pattern in the night. He could sense before he saw the other males close on his heels and one in particular trying to get around him. A low snarl was spared for the inexperienced pup. All males might be equal in the eyes of the female running, but among the males he was still the alpha.

My word may be law of the Pack, but it is your final decision tonight that we all await anxiously. Zenucah pointed out to the young creature as she carried them all off into thick night air. The blood could tell he had a lot of stamina and energy left in him to make it through this run. Not to mention he had to prove why he was still alpha even if he wasn't chosen by the female. It would be shame upon him if he could not last an entire run. I will follow you to the ends of land itself before I think of giving up, dear lady.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:32 am

Khonlen could not help but rumble appreciatively as Nerosali crooned to him that he would always be welcome in her court. The Quartz had never really been the best at these kind of things, and so he was just happy that at least she was showing SOME kind of interest in him. Hopefully he could hold that interest. Only time would tell, and he was up for the challenge. While he was still inexperienced when it came to this, at least in comparison to some of the others who were running, he was learning, and he always tried his best. Honestly Talen felt bad every time he lost, but he knew that you couldn't win everything, and the young man was always proud of the Quartz, no matter what.

Khonlen knew they were long out of the Weyr now, but still he followed the blackrose. His hide was starting to get a slight sheen to it now, but he was not tired, and was slowly gaining ground on some of the suitors in front of him. Even as a younger "pup" he knew to conserve his energy. Khonlen had always been like that, since his first run or two. After that he had been able to exhibited a little more self control.

As they continued on, Khonlen found himself still getting closer and closer. I am not very good with words, but I will chase you until I can no more. I will not give up until you have made your choice, which I eagerly await either way
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:56 am

Nerosali was very quick to show them and remind them she was not to be forced. She would choose, they would be chosen, that was how it would be, Ptahia knew that quickly. Not that he had plans on trying to force her claw. Other Dragonkin might have been different, even other Daywhers as well, but Ptahia wasn't one of those who would try and claim a Running female for himself. He would have to be chosen by her, and to be chosen, he would have to show her his best for her to judge.

She led them far from Atricis proper, leaving the center of their packlands far behind, leaping over obstacles and splashing through puddles. Ptahia followed loyally, having no intentions of dropping from this race. He was a Blood, he was born to Chase. He would see this to its end, and hopefully, he would be the one that she chose. He was confident in his abilities, even in a Run with such a unique female who was both Guard and Caretaker in one. So he mirrored her movements, following her path as closely as he could, running in her footsteps without trying so hard to mimic her that he tripped himself up.

When she led them into a temporary reprieve to let the stragglers catch up, Ptahia could see how some of the males might have been bold enough to try to Catch her here. She wouldn't have it though, that was for certain, and Ptahia had no intentions of trying such a move. How he wished she didn't give those who could not keep up such a chance though. Let them be left behind in dirt, he thought. They could Chase another day, when they were better suited for the trials. However, he would not question her decisions aloud to her, merely following her obediently. All the while he Chased her this far quietly, focusing himself on following her as far as she desired.

Give Chase is my choice, following the song of your voice. Ptahia chose to respond with, leaving it a simple response, but still rhyming to show his thought and dedication. To the ends of the Southern Continent he would Chase her, muscles bunching and releasing with a burst of energy that kept him surging onward, hoping to near the front of the pack of males to show her his strength for her to judge and choose.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:50 am

Once the Chase was on, the copper would be relentless in his pursuit of the chimera, he would not give an inch to any other male that wanted to get passed him, nor would he allow any to move in closer and steal away Nerosali's glory of choosing. Just as fierce as she was to protect herself from that ending, Nekhen was just as adamant to make sure they never even had the chance to. Though he admired her sweet words to him, the guard was silent as he ran, loping through the underbrush and leaping over logs or boulders as effortlessly as the one they followed, keen eyes paying attention to a little of everything as they ran headlong into the jungle. A watchful eye kept track of the suitors, daring any to try their luck and yet another glance was spared for their surroundings, ensuring that Nerosali would remain protected while she relied on instinct to guide her. Most of the copper's mind was trained on the black rose, watching her every move and matching it with his own.

They were running through his territory now, the outskirts of the Packs' land and where Nekhen felt the most comfortable patrolling, keeping the borders of their territory safe. He knew every tree, every twist and turn between their trunks and where their eldest had fallen. The contours of the land were mapped inside his mind and he allowed memory and swift feet to take the reins as they moved through the jungle and soon enough that advantage brought him close enough to be running nearly side by side with the maiden. A lasting look was given to the chimera, and while he was presumptuous enough to rival her lead, he would never challenge her further than that and kept pace for only as long as it took to make his point. He was strong, he was more than capable than most of these males, and he would protect her at all costs, putting his life between hers and the danger of the jungle unknown.

After the moment had passed, Nekhen slipped back a pace or two, a soft rumbling growl urging the maiden to keep going. He would rightfully follow her wherever she went now, he would be right behind her to watch and protect, to safeguard what was most sacred and he would not forsake Nerosali or the Pack by giving any less of himself. He would not tire, he would not fail. To the ends of the Southern lands and back again he would run with her, and the way his lean frame flowed through the jungle beside her could account for his ease in this wilderness, and perhaps he very well could reach the horizon if only they ran long enough.

The two toned blood wher rather enjoyed the feel of the damp ground under his feet and the freedom of running headlong into the mysteries of the mists. Only one shining light to guide them, a beacon of beauty as she ran, lithe muscles propelling her further, the waves of rose on her back looking just as alive as she was in this murky mist. Nerosali was a jewel among the Pack, a star that deserved every moment of her glory and Giocosoman would never dare to encroach upon this occasion for her. If he were chosen, it would be because of his merit, his skill and prowess that spoke to her, that he would be chosen over the rest of them meant more than making the choice for her. And so, he took the opportunity to prove that merit, to follow her with a dogged determination and skill of body that would show the maiden that he was a worthy choice as sire, as a devoted mate.

Run and I will chase. Lead and I will follow. Whatever your desire, I will do my best to fulfill until I can no more. Sweet rose, you are all I need. Gio crooned softly as she picked up the pace again, calling them onward and further into the wilderness until there was no more to give. Muscles would burn, lungs cry for air, and still the jungle would go flying passed them, fleet of foot and sound of mind as they Ran. The blood wher would not give up on her that easily, he would give unto her every ounce of his strength before relenting, and only then when her choice had been made. Until then, the two toned wher gave chase, bounding over fallen trees, sweeping around boulders and weaving between the tree trunks in the pursuit of her happiness.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Gallant

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:44 am

The Blackrose Affair
Autumn was upon them, and soon the reaping of summer — fresh harvest before the cold winter and with it a memory of Nerosali’s birth, much as the commencement of this very evening. One lucky male would be selected as the father to her children, and were fortune to shine upon them she may yet extend an offer for them to visit her during brooding upon the eggs. Yet that was some time ahead, for now she had but one thought on her mind — run. Run with the wind until she could carry herself no more, no longer finding a whim of worry to those whom fell behind. They’d been given their chance, now was the opportunity to prove themselves after she leveled the field, a freshly sewn garden of traps and falls.

Figurative as she may have been with her melodic words, not all of her suitors were as harmonious in speech, the majority of the lot instead electing to prove themselves within constitution alone, if not tenacity. To that she would credit them, but it would take more than just one strength win her over, as she brought them deeper into the wilds. A good hour and a half before any sign of her paws gave way, the pound against the cold, wet earth as the pack chased. Were there any wildlife nearby, it was likely they gave a wide berth, a keen note as a copper rushed to her side, the familiar gaze of Nekhen, a family favorite of her handler. Regardless if she selected him or not, he would always be welcome at her side, a friend through the ages, just as Iolith was her comrade-in-arms, often plotting against their bonded. She acknowledged him silently, a flutter of appreciation within her eyes, as her gaze turned to the other males, a torrent of blood ochre day whers as other potential selections, one of which had sung to her just as sweetly as she did the others. And then there was Zenucah, the Alpha of the Pack, yet another promising suitor, and one that would likely father a healthy clutch. Another copper remained within their ranks, as did Khonlen, both eager in pursuit and having gained a succinct yet glacè reflection.

Gallants and nobles, knights and rogues, the time has come, to select and drogue. Many among you have proven your worth, yet only one shall be victor, my spoils of great mirth. Ptahia come now, together we fray, I bid good night to you all, tomorrow a new day,” she spoke, falling back ever slightly to rub up against the blood, having chosen her mark for the run.

----------

This marks the completion of this run, please visit the OOC thread if you wish to see how your day wher placed.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 pm

The Run had been grueling. Nerosali had proven her strength and ability to Run long, testing each male there to their limits. Ptahia didn't waver though, not because of lack of fatigue, however. His muscles had begun to ache, his chest heaved, and his heart pounded loud in his chest. He said he would be there for her judgement though, and he would not make himself a liar as he surged onward, following her every step for as long as she would Run. He was built for this, after all. The coppers might have been larger than him, but he was a Chaser for his Pack truly, and would last into the Run the longest of the other roles. He was meant to sire a clutch, and it seemed, after such a strong Run, that Nerosali saw that too.

He call rang out, her final lyric to them to announce her chosen male. It was him that she chose and called out for, and she was welcomed with a satisfactory rumble and croon when she rubbed her hide against his.

To you I give one final run, through the night until we greet the sun. He was tired, words coming a little more difficultly to him, but he was encouraged by her choice, and together, they would go, to bring Atricis a new clutch in the coming months.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image