Food Run ~ Tag: I'ent/LdyPayne

The vast territory that belongs to the Southern people of Walled Hold. A fishing village also exists within this territory. Between the two settlements the people aren't very large in number, but they are filled with pride and strength.
Parker
Marks: 1827.00 [Donate]

Food Run ~ Tag: I'ent/LdyPayne

Postby Parker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:55 pm

Locke felt bad. He had sent a note back to Mouse promising him that he would come and get him some more supplies, but that had been a few days ago. Colten had gotten sick almost immediately after with an ear infection, so he had not been able to leave. How could he when his poor little boy was so miserable? For all he felt bad for his littlest man, the wraithrider found himself happiest during the moments of domestic normalcy. For all his wild ways he would have never pegged himself as a stay-at-home husband and father, but that was basically what he was besides the few odd jobs he and Wraith did for the diplomacy wing.

Finally, the infection had passed, and Locke sent a message to Mouse to expect him later that day. He'd told Kent what he was doing and promised to not get in trouble. As an added assurance, he promised his husband that he would see if I'ent would like to join him. After all, the kid was getting better and this would be a good chance to test him out 'on the job' as it were. Locke was fairly sure that I'ent would like to go with him, though a part of him was a tinge worried his young friend was irritated at the fact he had almost caused an embarrassing situation between the two of them. Well, embarrassing for I'ent, Locke remained completely uncaring about flights regardless of who the other rider was. Still, I'ent was a friend and he didn't want to upset a friend. He really did not think that Wraith would chase, not that that was an excuse. Of course now he was more than sure that Wraith wouldn't chase. The normally grumpy dragon had taken losing quite personally, so much so that when asked to get a hold of Shireth to ask if they wished to join them in going to Walled, the chimera refused.

Locke had sighed, rolled his eyes, and called Wraith what he was.... a big baby. Wraith ignored him. Hopefully after a week or so he would forget the slight to his ego, but for now Locke was stuck having to pay a visit to I'ent directly. He was already clad mostly in black in preparation for the evening, but he wasn't in full theivery gear yet so as to not call attention to himself. He found his way to the greenrider's apartment and knocked. "I'ent, it's Locke." He called through the door and then waited and hoped his friend was at home.

Gathering food and other supplies for Mouse wasn't a hard task, but it would be great practice for I'ent. While they were there he figured they could see if they could find out anything more about the slave ring. Not that he would have them dig too deeply as he had promised this trip would not in any way be dangerous, but it wouldn't hurt to open their ears a little. He was also a bit curious about the rebellion that was supposedly growing in Walled. Most of what Atricis heard was hearsay and rumors from people who had heard it from ten other people, so it wasn't trustworthy.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath

Image Image Image
Lorcan & Hydranth | Locke & Wraith | Darrow & Argow

Najden & Weisden | Ferghas & Fersk | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Candidate Olyver | Candidate Corbin
.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

LdyPayne
Marks: 2523.00 [Donate]

Re: Food Run ~ Tag: I'ent/LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:39 pm

I'ent was trying to mend one of his riding straps and not having much luck with it. Even in Weyrlinghood he had trouble doing what he assumed was suppose to be a simple everyday task. All his other Weyrlings had no trouble and now that he graduated he had to be able to maintain his equipment. It was important and he knew he couldn't just replace every slightly frayed bit of harness which most riders simply repaired till it was clear even that would be insufficient.

"Legionnaire's balls," he cursed as he pricked his finger yet a third time. Frustrated he shoved the straps right off his work table and stood up. He heard a warble and looked up to see Ancient clinging to the front of his fireplace chimney. She seemed to like that spot, most likely because it was warm when he bothered to start a fire and because the sun shone on it from the small window he had in his apartment.

The wingless firelizard was still a puzzle to him but he did like the creature. Now he understood more why P'list had decided to care for some abandoned mice babies, pets were oddly comforting. Sucking his finger he turned his attention back to the straps now lying in a heap on the floor. Yeah, he was going to just get a new set, no point torturing himself any more.

That was when he heard a knock at his door. Ancient gave a started caw and scurried off to hide. I'ent wasn't worried, she'll come out to soak up the sun once she realized the noise wasn't the sound of some predator. Heading to his door I'ent heard a muffled voice but it was only when he opened the door did he saw it was Locke. He also noticed his friend and mentor was partially garbed in black. Not unusual for him but I'ent hoped this meant they would resume training. He welcomed any excuse to put off fixing his flight harness for the moment.

"Locke, hey, come on in," I'ent invited. "How's things?"

Parker

Postby Parker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 pm

"Locke, hey, come on in," I'ent invited. "How's things?"

Locke gave his young friend a toothy grin, but didn't go inside as he was invited. "Things are alright. Been dealing with a sick child, but otherwise no complaints. I am actually getting ready to head to head to The Bottoms was wondering if you would care to join me." He told him. That enough would probably give the greenrider some idea of what he was up to and why he was dressed the way he was. "I may have told my husband that I wouldn't go alone tonight, though I promise we aren't going to do anything that dangerous."

Okay well...that could turn out to not be true. Yes, it was just a food run, but they were still going to be breaking into places to get said food. Locke tried to get his food from Atricis as much as possible, but after last time he realized that he shouldn't always be taking from their own stores too much. After all, he didn't need people getting too suspicious here at home. Besides, it was so much more fun to steal from the rich assholes of Walled than his own people.

"My informant, Mouse. He's running low on food and I promised to take care of him while he is working for me." Honestly, Locke would take care of him regardless if he was finding information for him. He felt bad for Mouse since because of a birth defect that left him cripple he had pretty much been left for dead. "Plus, I figured this would be a good chance to get your feet wet a little before we attempt to do anything too big or dangerous. What do you say? Are you in? If you are...this is for you." Locke held out another set of black clothes that he hoped was in I'ent's size.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath

Image Image Image

Najden & Weisden | Ferghas & Fersk | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Candidate Olyver | Candidate Corbin

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 am

Before I'ent could think of anything to say regarding a sick child Locke continued on to explain why he came. For a moment the idea of going back to The Bottoms for any reason filled I'ent with dread then he remembered he had nothing to fear anymore. He would be with The Wraith, he was a dragonrider and he knew a few more tricks than he did when he was barely surviving as a gangster's messenger boy. He also wanted to help Locke in any way he could, he owned the man that much at least. All that aside, he found the idea of sneaking around in The Bottoms and helping out a friend of Lockes was thrilling. It may go against everything his father taught him about keeping his head down, staying unnoticed and don't bring attention to yourself by doing something stupid. Then again if he did everything Locke had taught him about staying inconspicuous and moving unseen and unheard, he would still be keeping his head down and going unnoticed.

"Shards yeah I want to come," I'ent replied, grinning. He took the pile of dark clothing then he remembered what he had been doing when Locke had knocked. "Oh, I will need Shireth for this I expect...umm...are you any good at stitching leather? I was trying to fix a spot that's showing some wear but...I am not all that good at doing stitching. I don't think it'll take long to fix...or I can just do it later, it should be fine for just normal flying."

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:08 pm

The smile on his face widened when I'ent seemed excited to go with him. This was going to be a first for himself as well. He generally worked alone and tonight he would have a shadow. Generally he tended to avoid those, but he was looking forward to this. "No no, safety first. Here, let me take a crack at it. I was never good at it either until I learned a few of my own tricks thanks to having to mend Kent's clothes. They might help you as well." He insisted as he walked into the greenrider's apartment then and scanned the area for the leathers.

He found them and picked them up as he sat down where I'ent had been working on them. "Oh yeah, this isn't that bad. Here. Watch what I do." Locke instructed him. After instructing him in so much else it wasn't hard for him to fall into that role. He picked up the needle and leathers and began to stitch the area that needed it.

"Never thought for all the turns I was and have been an infamous thief that I would one day also be a domesticated husband." Locke said with a chuckle as he finished the stitching quickly. Being married he'd learned to do a lot of things he would have never thought he'd learn how to do before. "There we are. Now we are good to go if you're ready."

Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 pm

I'ent stepped back and gave space for Locke to enter his apartment. He closed the door behind and headed to were he had shoved the straps. Before he could go over and pick them up Locke had spotted them and gathered them up. I'ent put the clothes Locke gave him down on a chair and moved to stand behind the Chimera rider so he could watch him stitch.

It all seemed so simple the way Locke demonstrated and the repair only took a moment to complete. I'ent was pleased with the technique but a part of him had doubts he would remember what to do next time his straps needed mending. He realized he could just ask Locke to show him again when there was more time for Locke to demonstrate and I'ent can do the actual mending himself.

"Thanks, I will try and remember this trick next time," I'ent said once Locke was finished. "I just have to change into those clothes you brought, just be a moment."

I'ent grabbed the clothes from the chair he had set them on and headed into his sleeping chamber. It didn't take the greenrider long to change into them and found they fit well enough. The trousers were a little long but I'ent tucked them into his boots easily enough. He pulled on his belt and made sure his knife was secure. He then grabbed his flight leathers, gloves and helmet and headed into the main room to join Locke.

"The clothes fit well enough," I'ent responded, pausing to gather up the harness Locke had just finished fixing. "I'm ready to go now."

ooc: feel free to move them to their destination if you want.

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:35 am

Once they were both ready, they mounted onto their dragons and Locke led them between to a spot not too far away from Walled, but enough so that they wouldn't be seen. Wraith had remained decidedly silent, not even speaking to Shireth when she spoke to him. Locke had had to give her the image of where they were going directly even. You are such a fucking child, Wraith. Grow up. He had told his dragon, but when he too was obviously ignored he didn't bother saying anything else.

They landed in Locke's normal hiding spot. He dismounted and moved over to I'ent. You be nice to Shireth this evening, Wraith. If I hear you don't there will be hell to pay. Locke warned his beast silently. "Alright. There is a nice little area we can slip into the market area of Walled from here. It's dark enough there shouldn't be so many people, but let's keep our eyes open shall we." He suggested and then led the way.

"Oh, give my apologies to Shireth for me. Wraith's been a child about losing her flight ever since it happened. I know he'll soon forget and move on, but for tonight...I'm sure he'll be...at best...a prick." Locke said. He really did feel bad about his dragons attitude.

They walked for a few minutes before Locke showed them to a small hole in the well fortifide wall of the hold. It was in such an abandoned spot that most people didn't know it was there, so it never got fixed. "After you. It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but you'll be fine." He said as he handed I'ent a glow to use.

Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am

The moment I'ent called Shireth and told her they were going on a secret mission to Walled Hold, the green nearly trumpeted in anticipation. So excited at going on an adventure she didn't even notice how silent Wraith was. She rambled on about the fun they would have on the adventure together, how it'll be just as exciting as the one she had with the Candidates not all that long ago and other similar comments. I'ent let her drone on while he harnessed her up and mounted.

It was only when Locke had to give her coordinates for their jump Between Shireth realized Wraith wasn't just being his usual quiet self. Confused she looked at the Chimera as through he was wearing the reason for his silence around his neck.

<What's wrong with Wraith? Did he lose his Mindvoice? Shireth asked I'ent. The greenrider shrugged. As they were just about to depart he didn't think it would be a good time to ask Locke what was wrong with his dragon.

Once at their destination, I'ent secured his helmet and riding gloves to Shireth's harness. He also pulled off his flight jacket and made sure it was hooked up to his green's harness. His flight jacket wasn't all that bright but it may raise questions wearing the obvious outfit of rider down in the Bottoms. The black clothing Locke gave him wouldn't stand out as much oddly enough. Plenty of people in The Bottoms preferred dark clothing. By the time he was done, Locke was explaining how they were getting into Walled Hold followed by the reason why Wraith was being so silent.

"So that's why," I'ent responded in a low voice. He let Shireth know the reason which immediately caused the green to huff.

<So, you are in a big sulk because I didn't chose you on my last Mating Flight. Well get over it, after all you were the one that took THREE flights to decide to get off your lazy tail-fork to chase.>

I'ent could hear every word Shireth told the Chimera and gave a soft sigh. He just hoped Shireth and Wraith didn't get into such a row all of Walled Hold was woken up by it. He gave her a firm reminder they were suppose to be here in secret and save any major sass till after they returned home.

"We better go," I'ent said softly, accepting the glow and made his way through the small hole. It was a squeeze but not so tight he had any worries about getting through. As much as he bulked up since his arrival at Atricis he was still fairly lean.

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Wraith didn't waste his breath explaining himself to her. She might have to be here because Locke wanted her rider's company, but that didn't mean he had to acknowledge her. The chimera turned his back to her and flicked his tail, not caring if in doing so he managed to hit her with it or not. If she thought this was sulking, she would be in for a surprise at how hard he really could sulk. Wraith, don't cause too much trouble. Locke ordered his dragon.

Locke slipped into the opening behind I'ent and soon enough they both emerged on the other side. He took a moment to put his gloves on. "Alright. Before we get down to the Bottoms and Mouse, we'll find a likely place to pick from. Maybe a couple different places. As much as I enjoy making life harder for the cream of the crop up here...not even I in good conscience leave a household with no food." The rich of Walled Hold might not give a shit if the people in the Bottoms was starving, but he would not stoop to their level. "This way." Locke said and then gestured down an ally.

There were some people out and about at this hour, but it wasn't hard for them to avoid those few scragglers. Finally, they came to one of the larger houses in the market sector. "I know this place. The matriarch is a royal bitch. Doesn't treat her workers or slaves fairly. Barely treats her family fairly. I think it would do for her to unknowingly help out someone poorer than herself." Locke explained and then slipped around to the back and began to look for a way in.

Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Seeing Wraith turn his back and flick his tail at her, Shireth snorted in disdain. Let the Chimera sulk, the big baby. She stuck her tongue at him like she seen human children do and did a very good imitation of a 'raspberry' at Wraith. Shireth knew he couldn't hear the noise and likely wouldn't see it but it amused her nonetheless.

With him sulking however it meant it will be extremely boring sitting around waiting for their riders to return. Stretching her wings out slightly she looked out towards Walled Hold. It wouldn't take any effort for her to fly up and over the wall. She was very curious about this place her rider came from and didn't think a little exploring would be dangerous. She would just be another green in a Hold that had plenty of them, besides it wasn't like she will be snooping, just exploring. Plenty of people must come here to see the sites afterall.

Just as she was about to take off she recalled her rider and Locke were suppose to be here in secret. If they realized she wasn't from Walled Hold that would alert them to Atricis riders being here. Huffing in disappointment at not being able to explore she looked over at Wraith's back. This was going to be a long night, given he was in a sulk and she didn't feel bad at all for not choosing him. He probably be more trouble than he was worth if she had.

<Since you're too busy sulking and since I can't just leave you here to do some exploring because our presence here is a secret, you will just have to listen to me fill the time with pointless conversation.> Shireth decided to amuse herself by being a pain in Wraith's 'mind'. <I'm going to tell a story. There once was this Chimeria who was such a whinny baby he would sulk nights up on nights just because he wasn't chosen.>

As Locke explained what he had in mind about where to get food for his friend Mouse, I'ent could hear distantly Shireth was up to something. He couldn't listen directly to what she was saying to Wraith and hear what Locke was telling him at the same time. Taking the chance Shireth wouldn't antagonize Wraith to the point he would reveal their position to whoever was on night patrol I'ent focused on Locke's directions.

The idea of breaking into some rich woman's home to steal from her larder seemed both exciting and dangerous. I'ent didn't feel any guilt at the idea however, he spent far too long going hungry while living in The Bottoms to care if some rich woman had to spend a few more Marks to restock her larder. He just hoped she didn't blame her slaves on the theft.

Following Locke, I'ent tried to be as quiet as he could, using the deep pools of shadows between the few lights in the area to remain unseen. He kept his senses alert, already noticing just how different this part of Walled Hold was compared to the Bottoms. It was rather quiet, most areas in The Bottoms still had plenty of activity even at this hour. Most of the major sources of income in the Bottoms was running now, from illegal gambling, canine fighting, prostitution, money lenders and other activities. I'ent remember well running messages at this time of night, or even just packages the content of which he never knew as he was far too smart to actually check. He had his suspicions but he wasn't being paid to know what he carried, just to get it safetly delivered.

"She have pets?" I'ent asked in a soft whisper, leaning in close to Locke to reduce any chance of his voice carrying more than a few feet.

Return to “Walled Hold Lands”