A Beginning - Tag: Kent/Fawkes, Yanna/Zee

The vast territory that belongs to the Southern people of Walled Hold. A fishing village also exists within this territory. Between the two settlements the people aren't very large in number, but they are filled with pride and strength.
Zee
Marks: 287.00 [Donate]

Re: A Beginning - Tag: Kent/Fawkes, Yanna/Zee

Postby Zee » Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 pm

No, I'm afraid that ghost is just Wraith being an asshole. He's our ride out of here." He explained as he tightened the knot holding the little boy up. "Alright little ladies, grab something warm. It's time to go, but first let me give you a small warning. Wraith is not a nice dragon. Don't approach him unless I say you can. He's deaf and tends to snap first and ask questions later. When we get up there let me approach him first and then I'll help you mount. Got it?"

"Wraith," Yanna repeated quietly. Mentally she was balking at the idea of going anywhere near that scary...Wraith, the dragon, their ride out of this cursed place. What choice did she have? What choice did any of them have? When he said that Wraith was 'not a nice dragon', this did not help her nerves. But at least he told her the truth. That truth, that she'd already guessed at, gained points with her. She did not trust the man, but she was one step closer to doing so. A person could say anything they wanted to get their way. But when they said something that could make things worse but was true.... Yanna nodded her acknowledgement for his words. Deaf would certainly make her 'not nice' either, she thought.

His instructions were paid close attention to. "Yes." She replied simply to his 'Got it' question. What else could she say? Still pale but not trembling at this point, she followed his lead as they left the tiny room. The fact that she would have to climb on this living skull-face first was not a fun idea but she could understand the reasons behind it. Swallowing the fear in her throat, she bravely went up to the dragon when instructed to do so, and with her natural agility she climbed up anyway she could. If she scuffed his hide or kneed his side in her scramble up, it wasn't like the dragon was helping at all. She was trying to be careful. That ought to count for something but not naïve, she didn't expect anything at all except a bite or a scolding.

When she was up and feeling as secure as she could be, she helped to bring up those he handed up to her. All three were up now with the littles in front of her. Looking to Locke, Yanna shrugged as if to say, 'What now'? She did not speak out loud. She didn't dare. Who knew what sorts of evil lurked in the shadows around here. Thoughts of her brother as she remembered him, filtered into her mind and comforted her. She'd see him soon, she told herself. Even if she had to walk across the whole of Pern. They would be together. Someday... someday soon.

Parker
Marks: 1215.00 [Donate]

Postby Parker » Mon May 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Wraith growled at Locke's comment about being nice or being quiet. It wasn't necessary for him to give a vocal input of his displeasure as Locke could feel that for himself, but more he was hoping to scare the girl that was now climbing onto his back. "Knock it off Wraith. There is no point in scaring them." Locke scolded him. The chimera huffed and turned his head away, his way of showing his rider he wasn't happy with him. "Don't worry, Yanna, he isn't going to do anything. He manages to sort of behave while I'm around." Locke assured her.

Once she was up he handed up one twin and then the next. They didn't seem to be affected by Wraith's bad personality or if they did they wasn't showing it. Locke picked one up and got her in front of Yanna. The second twin he put behind her. Then, being careful with his precious cargo, he mounted up on the very back of them. It was quite a bit more people than Wraith was use to taking, but he knew his dragon could handle it. "Let's get strapped in and we'll be off." Locke secured the straps and then gave his dragon the cue to get them out of there. Wraith didn't bother leaving the Bottoms, but he made sure he was at least a couple wing beats above the roof he'd been on before he went between.

It was only a few seconds later that they were hovering over New Atricis. Wraith wheeled down slowly close to where Locke's apartment was. Feeling a bit spiteful and irritated at Locke's comments towards him, Wraith decided to get back at him a bit. We're back Kent. I'm sure you'd love to talk with your husband and see for yourself what he has brought back with him from Walled. The chimera informed the greenrider. Goddess dammit, Wraith!! Why did you do that?! Locke asked with irritation and anger. Wraith could only give a draconic laugh in respond. Now Locke would have to for sure confront his husband about what had just happened. While you're being an asshole and telling on me, could you tell him that I have to stop at the creche for a moment then I'll be home. Wraith huffed as he whirled down to just outside the creche area. He'll be there in a moment to accept whatever scolding you see fit to give him. We have to stop at the creche. Then it was Locke's s turn to huff. Finally, Wraith landed and Locke told the children to sit tight for a moment. He ran into the infirmary and grabbed some supplies for the little one, most importantly some milk. Then, he headed back to Wraith and up to his apartment.

Locke dismounted first. "Alright, Yanna, go ahead and help the twins down and I'll help as well. Then we'll get you down." He told them and then went about getting them all off of Wraith. Then, he told his dragon to go ahead and head to the pavilion. "Alright, little ladies, ready to meet your other daddy?" Locke asked them and two dark haired little heads bobbed up and down with happiness. "Yanna, you're more than welcome to stay with us until we can find your brother." He offered. It was with a pounding heart that he approached his home with his husband. He took a deep breath as he put a hand on the door knob and then opened it. "Let me go in first, dears."

"Hey there, baby. I'm home. Umm...I know we need to talk." Locke said in a sheepish tone of voice. Thanks to Wraith there was no easing into this, so he might as well just dive in head first. "First things first....I want you to meet some people." Locke said as he opened the door and allowed the twins and Yanna to come into their home before he shut the door. "This lovely young woman is Yanna and the twins are..." Before he could finish speaking the twins were running up to Kent and giving him a hug around the waist. "He says you're going to be a daddy too now." One of the girls said. Their life had been full of turmoil and heart ache, but with Locke holding his promise to get them out of the Bottoms their trust was easily given to him. A wide eyed look was given to Kent before he flashed the man a fast smile. "The twins have been called Gold and Silver, but I told them we'd give them better names. Oh...and then there's this guy." Locke said as he took the little boy out of his bundle. "He doesn't have a name at all." Locke paused a moment to simply stare at Kent. "It's been a strange evening."
ImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin & Bronze Mnenomth | C'sian & Brown Gastoneth | B'tian & Zultanite Villeforth | Sid'nis & Blue Iolith | Ao'mek & Blue Tlamehath
ImageImageImage
Lorcan & Blue Hydranth | Locke & Chimera Wraith | Darrow & Black Argow
Najden & Quartz Weisden | Ferghas & Sunset Fersk | Kisle'vis & White Cetovas | Candidate Olyver | Candidate Corbin

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Fawkes
Marks: 5977.00 [Donate]

Postby Fawkes » Mon May 29, 2017 11:09 pm

We're back Kent. I'm sure you'd love to talk with your husband and see for yourself what he has brought back with him from Walled...
He'll be there in a moment to accept whatever scolding you see fit to give him. We have to stop at the creche.

The redheaded greenrider was on his feet the moment he heard that familiar voice in his mind, and he was already practically stalking toward the door, ready to yank it open and deal with Locke personally. However, the chimera went on to mention a stop at the creche, and Kent stopped in his tracks as some of that anger began to dissipate. There had to be a very important reason for Locke to swing by the creche, when he knew what he'd be facing when he got home, and the greenrider could easily put the dots together. It was not the first time Locke had brought home a stray, a kid from the Bottoms to clean up and give them a new chance...but the creche? How old was this kid?

As the chimera sauntered closer to the apartment, they were greeted by the dainty green dragon that slipped out of the nearest pavilion and warbled a greeting to the chimerarider and his charges. Awahith was a gentle beast, graceful as she stepped in closer to inspect not just one, but four children nestled on Wraith's back. Oh my...This was more than even I was expecting. Wraith, you've outdone yourself. The fawn little green couldn't help but tease for all to hear, dipping her head slightly to nudge against the feisty chimera's neck. Awa could always sense when Wraith's 'feathers' were ruffled and he was feeling irritable, but she knew that even when he was an ass, he would never do anything to hurt her, so she always got in close and soothed him with gentle touches.

Faceted eyes looked over the four children as they dismounted and she rumbled softly in her throat, a purr as she regarded them. You are safe now little ones. Awahith assured them, leaning in a little closer to the oldest one and snuffling softly against her, nudging her toward the door of the apartment. A moment later she turned back toward Wraith and nosed softly against him as well, leading him back toward the pavilion where they could curl up together and he could relax. Locke, you know what waits for you inside, but it wont be as bad as you think. The dainty green added as if casting glance over her shoulder at the wraithrider. It was true, while Kent was upset, he knew what had happened last time and wouldn't let that repeat, nor would he upset the children once he saw them, so it wouldn't be so bad after all.

Inside the apartment though, Kent was running fingers through his hair, wondering what the hell Locke had gotten into this time, and he didn't have to be left wondering for long. As the door opened, the redheaded man toward sharply toward it, but knowing that Locke had a guest with him, schooled those angry eyes into something much softer for the wraithrider. He didn't say anything as Locke began, admitting he knew he was in trouble, because the greenrider knew there would be more. And sure enough, a moment later a flock of children came flooding through the door after Locke.

A moment of surprise was all he allowed himself, a wide eyed look at the two little girls that launched themselves at him and were soon entangled around his waist, one of them looking up at him with doe eyes and saying he was going to be a Daddy. A glance at Locke revealed the sheepish grin on the man's face, and even though Kent was still in shock that not one, but four children would find themselves in his home now, his arms instinctively moved to embrace the twins at his side. "Well, those names wont do at all, because you are far more precious than that." The greenrider started, barely even registering what he was saying as he looked around at all of them again, the oldest standing back by Locke, and the babe in the man's arms. "I'd say it's been a strange night...but, now that you're all home...might as well get comfortable. Girls, Yanna...make yourselves at home." Kent continued softly, still not entirely sure what to do with all these children now, and a slightly bewildered look settled on Locke, even as he slipped his hands into the smaller one of the twins and gave them a soft squeeze.

Yes, they were home now, safe and sound, though Kent had lots and lots of questions and words to be had with their other 'Daddy' when they all went to bed.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn - Soquilith | Kitiara - Susanoth | V'an - Arigoth | Ay'li - Norieth | Elysia - Kelpieth | Kent - Awahith | Isolde - Reshelde | Nekhen | Omri

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #D04F16
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *

Zee
Marks: 287.00 [Donate]

Postby Zee » Wed May 31, 2017 2:53 pm

Being growled at by the ghost dragon was not doing Yanna's nerves any good. Despite her fear, she kept going, defiantly resisting the urge to cry. This insane day and night had taxed her beyond reason. Helping the twins up, she sat hugging one while the other was placed behind her. Secured but were they safe now? She knew this man had taken her from the one that had stolen her and hurt her. But was he really any better? People could say anything they wanted to but it didn't make it true. Yanna would just have to wait and see. Getting out of this terrible place would be good enough for her. Whatever came next, she'd deal with then.

When all were secure they rose above the tiny abode they'd just come from only to enter a world of cold, dark emptiness. She could not feel. She could not breathe. Did she die?!

Coming out of between, she had not known what it had been, her defiant will not to cry broke. Her tears began to leak down her cheeks, her body so very tired was trembling. When would this nightmare end?

Landing upon the ground was nice. Yanna determined in that moment that she did not like flying. Not one bit. She was glad for the ground beneath them again. Too teary-eyed to see much of anything, she wiped her eyes dry on her dirty sleeve and jerked when she noticed a large green head nosing at them. Would it eat them? No. No, she would not, Yanna decided. The voice and the words she heard coming from this one were very kind and gentle. Just like her mother had been.

Mother.

Mother was no more. Father was no more.

Brother. Where was Elannel? Wiping her eyes dry again, she swallowed the tightness in her throat and helped the twins get off of this scary, rude, mean thing she had ridden. If she had a choice she'd want to curl up with the green dragon and pass out in sleep. But she didn't. When her feet touched the ground, she followed Locke as he brought them towards a home. She hesitated as was instructed and then went in when the twins slipped through the open door. Staying by Locke, a step behind and to his left, Yanna watched and listened in silence. Locke had said she could stay with them until her brother was found. She hoped that would be soon. She missed him beyond words.

The other man seemed nice enough, she supposed. And Locke had just called her a woman. Really? A smile snuck onto her dirty, bruised face at that. The uptilt of her swollen lip pulled on the new sore there but she didn't care. She was out of Walled now. She was -- not home yet -- but so much closer than she'd ever been. Life was looking up.

Parker
Marks: 1215.00 [Donate]

Postby Parker » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Wraith grumbled and growled at the lovely little green and her teasing words. Awahith was not one he would ever bite or snap at, growl at yes, but that was about as mean as he got with her. He liked the green, likely because his rider was so in love with hers, but that was neither here nor there. She'd stuck with him during Locke's internment no matter how nasty he had gotten. I've not done anything. If it were me they would have made a tasty little snack instead of a burden to fly here. He stated crassly, making sure that Yanna in particular heard him. Awahith would know his words were bullshit. He would never really eat a child, but he liked for people to think he would. With that he slithered off to his favorite part of the pavilion to rest. It had been a long night.

Thanks Awahith. Don't worry. I deserve whatever scolding I'm going to get, I'm sure. We'll be fine though. Locke said. He was grateful that the green looked out for him like she did his dragon. He knew that he deserved a good yelling at, but that was worth it in order to have done what he did. He loved Kent more than life itself, but he knew if he had told his husband of his plans he would have either insisted he not go through with it or he would have insisted to go with him. The last thing the Reaper needed when working was to worry about someone he cared for and if Kent was there with him that would be all he could do...worry.

Locke could only watch as his husband interacted with their new children. He could tell his husband was surprised, but he would answer any and all of his questions that he could. He continued to sway softly with the little boy in his arms. Really, seeing the two little girls hugging Kent and already calling him Daddy was a warming sight indeed. "We've all gotten food at Mouse's. I think it's time for you all to get some sleep. Tomorrow is a brand new day." Locke told the two twins. They groaned, but a yawn told Locke they were tired. "Here, hunny, take him a moment while I get these two set up in the spare room. Yanna you can sleep or stay up later if you like. You didn't eat much at Mouse's, so I can make you some food if you want." He said as he passed off the tiny bundle of a sleeping boy to his husband. "We'll talk when I get them to bed." He assured him.

The two little girls gave Kent another hug, then gave Yanna a hug, before taking Locke's hand and following him to the other room. They'd have to bring in different furniture, but what they had for now would work.
F'lin & Bronze Mnenomth | C'sian & Brown Gastoneth | B'tian & Zultanite Villeforth | Sid'nis & Blue Iolith | Ao'mek & Blue Tlamehath
ImageImageImage
Lorcan & Blue Hydranth | Locke & Chimera Wraith | Darrow & Black Argow
Najden & Quartz Weisden | Ferghas & Sunset Fersk | Kisle'vis & White Cetovas | Candidate Olyver | Candidate Corbin

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Return to “Walled Hold Lands”