Fishing, Friends, and Fun (Tag: Parker/Darrow)

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Kate

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:16 am

While Devyn had never really found it entirely relaxing, he did have to admit that it did help relieve some stress from time to time. That much was for sure. Chuckling a bit he nodded. ”I certainly do not envy the people who do this for a living. In my opinion it takes too much patience. I can handle doing it once in a while just for fun, but honestly, eventually my patience gives out and it annoys me.”

Laughing again he said, ”Well I’m glad I’m not the only one as well. Most of the time it doesn’t bother me, but then sometimes it just gets to me for no reason.” Devyn would probably never admit it, but he could have a temper when he wanted, and patience was never his strong suit, ever. Nodding, he smiled again. ”Of course you will. It’s like that old saying, practice makes perfect.”

As he listened to his friend and nodding quickly, setting his own pole up with against the tree with the line still in the water. Moving behind his friend he put his hands above his on the pole and gently swung it back and forth a time or two to help Darrow get the motion. Then he smiled. ”Ok, this time we are going to let go of it, alright?” Movig it one more time, he cast it back and then let it fly, and and it landed with a small “plop” on the water, ”There, now we can just sit and talk and wait to get a bite huh?”
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Darrow knew what it was he had been asking for, but then he began to wonder if it was a good idea as soon as Devyn stepped up behind him. This was silly, Darrow knew it was silly, there was no reason he should have a crush on his friend and fellow handler, but he recognized it for what it was. For all he was pretty inexperienced, he'd had crushes before, and he knew that was all this was. It was just a little crush. Nothing to really concern himself with, after all...it was silly to think that a person like Dev would ever feel the same...plus, Darrow liked their friendship the way it was. It also didn't matter because he knew he'd never act on those sorts of feelings...he simply didn't know how to.

”Ok, this time we are going to let go of it, alright? There, now we can just sit and talk and wait to get a bite huh?”

He could feel the warmth radiating off of Devyn has he showed him the correct way to cast the line. However, he couldn't help but wonder if most of the heat was coming from him. He knew he was blushing, he could feel it in his ears and cheeks. He just hoped that Devyn wouldn't be able to notice the blush. "Thank you, yeah...I think I got it. Not really much to it."

Darrow sat down on a soft, mossy spot near the bank and watched his bobber for the time being. "So anything new happening with you?" He asked, though he was still trying to keep most of his face hidden from his friend.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Devyn had never really taught anyone anything. Usually he was the one doing the learning. The young man was not exactly sure of his own teaching abilities, but he would try his best. That was all anyone could ask for right? Smiling to himself, he has to admit that this teaching thing was kind of fun. Most of him doubted if it would be fun if it was anyone other than Darrow that he was teaching. For some reason, Darrow and himself had really hit it off when they had first met. Well, after they had sobered up that was.

As they released the line, Devyn couldn’t help but chuckle at what his friend said. Nodding he sat down on the bank, leaning back onto his elbows. When Darrow asked him that question, it took him a moment to dwell on the. After a moment he shrugged, and shook his head. ”No, nothing new really. Just trying to keep myself busy. Spend time with Isamuyn, and I’ve been starting to look at the stars again. Even though it reminds me of Esca, I forgot how much I just love studying all of that stuff.”

Shaking his head a little he chuckles. ”Anyway, enough about me. How are things going for you and Argow? Settling into you new life ok and everything?”
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 pm

”No, nothing new really. Just trying to keep myself busy. Spend time with Isamuyn, and I’ve been starting to look at the stars again. Even though it reminds me of Esca, I forgot how much I just love studying all of that stuff.”

Darrow's brown eyes remained vigilent on his rod. What would happen if a fish took the hook when he wasn't paying attention? That would be an embarrassing nightmare. He'd have to explain why and how he'd lost that one and then spend the marks to replace it. While that would suck, he mainly was only worried about looking the fool in front of Devyn. "Well, that's good. I know you really like your craft. I imagine it feels good to be getting back into it, even if it does bring up some more sorrowful memories." Darrow knew how much his weyrmate's death had scarred Devyn. Darrow wished there was something he could do to help him, but he really had no idea how to.

”Anyway, enough about me. How are things going for you and Argow? Settling into you new life ok and everything?”

Darrow gave a small shrug of his shoulders. "Yeah, we're doing alright. I enjoy being fully graduated, but...I don't know...I miss the stage sometimes, you know." Darrow answered him honestly. He did miss his work with his family and especially now he worried about them, but he also loved being a dayhandler. "I don't think we could have asked for better weather for today. It is absolutely lovely out." Darrow commented. "I'm glad the seasons are changing." He was starting to get a little rambly, but he couldn't help it, that was merely what Devyn did to him.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:48 am

That was one thing that Devyn really liked about Darrow. The young man never pressed him on anything, and honestly, it was pretty nice. While it had become a little easier to talk about Esca, the chimera handler still did not really feel like talking about it. Once in a while he could manage to talk about it if he had to, but obviously, he would much rather not. Smiling softly at his friend he said, "Thanks, I do love it. Hopefully it will help me feel closer to him or something, and maybe I can move on with my life even more." Of course he knew it would never be easy, but he also knew that Esca would want him to go back to his normal every day stuff, his normal routine. The chimera handler actually found himself wondering at one point if there was ever going to be a "normal" again. Never having really experienced loss like this before, the young man was not sure what to expect, with the exception of the pain, and it not getting easier.

Finally, Darrow answered his own question, and Devyn was able to pull himself out of that dark place in his mind. Once in a while, he didn't really mind going there. When he did though, he had to make sure that he was able to bring himself back out of it. Having Darrow around helped his thoughts not stay there longer than it probably should.

Studying his friend for just a moment he smiled softly. "I know what you mean, but don't worry, eventually you will have more time, and can get back on that stage. I felt the same way when I first Impressed to. It seems like you don't have time for everything, but eventually, it all works out." Looking around he nodded once more, grinning. "It sure it beautiful out. I agree, its nice when the seasons change."

For a few moments they lapsed into a comfortable silence. After that few moments, Devyn caught a bit of movement on the one line. It happened to be Darrow's and he smiled. "Hey, looks like you got a bite!"
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:42 am

"Thanks, I do love it. Hopefully it will help me feel closer to him or something, and maybe I can move on with my life even more."

The smile on Darrow's face faded just a tad, but he immediately widened it again. He knew that Devyn still missed his weyrmate. Who could blame him? Darrow had never lost anyone that close to him, so he couldn't imagine the pain involved with that sort of loss. He'd never been in love before, so he didn't even know how deep that sort of love could go. The only comparison he had was to think about how he'd feel if something happened to his sister....and he didn't want to think about that. "I didn't know him, but I think he'd like that." Darrow said with a smile.

"I know what you mean, but don't worry, eventually you will have more time, and can get back on that stage. I felt the same way when I first Impressed to. It seems like you don't have time for everything, but eventually, it all works out. It sure it beautiful out. I agree, its nice when the seasons change."

Darrow nodded his head as he continued to watch his pole. "Yeah, I think eventually I will see about getting to play regularly at like the feasts and gathers. Perhaps even sometimes at night for the evening entertainment. I don't want to step on the resident harpers' toes, of course, but I figure they may have room for me to play every once in awhile." He knew that he wasn't going to be able to be a harper full time, but even as shy as he was he was missing performing at least occasionally.

"Hey, looks like you got a bite!"

Darrow's eyes widened with surprise as he looked at his line start to be taken by something unseen. "Oh! What do I do, Devyn?" He asked with excitement and uncertainty as he began to try and reel the fish in.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:47 pm

Why did it seem so strange what Darrow had said? Was he not expecting him to say it? The black handler had always been someone that the chimera handler had been able to open up to about Esca. Actually, Darrow actually probably knew the green handler better than he thought he did, even though he had never physically met the other man. Smiling softly, Devyn just nodded in response, not sure what to say to that at the moment. Most of the time he could talk about his boyfriend and be mostly ok. Today, just even hearing Darrow say that, made a lump rise in his throat. Finally he managed to say, ”He would indeed. He did not want me to sulk forever. Basically he told me he wanted me to be happy, even if that meant finding someone new. I haven’t gotten that far, but I’m starting to learn how to get on with my life a little more now, except it never gets any easier.”

Ok, that may have been a bit too sorrowful for a time that the were supposed to be relaxing and having fun, but the chimera handler had thought it needed to be said, and he felt better after saying all of that, as weird as it may sound. Letting let a sigh of relief as the subject changed. Knowing how Darrow felt about his music, he knew the young man needed to be cheered up a bit about it, and it seemed as though what he had said had worked. Nodding and smiling he said, ”I’m sure you won’t be stepping on anyone’s toes. It seems like here everyone gets a fair shot, so I’m positive you will too.”

Standing up, Devyn moved over next to his friend, and couldn’t help but laugh at his excitement and uncertainty. Collecting himself he said, ”Ok, just grab your pole, and you are going to reel it in nice and slow. You don’t want to go to fast or you might lose the fish. Take a deep breath and then go ahead and try. If you need any help just ask. I’m just going to stand back and let you do it yourself unless you need some help.”
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:34 pm

”He would indeed. He did not want me to sulk forever. Basically he told me he wanted me to be happy, even if that meant finding someone new. I haven’t gotten that far, but I’m starting to learn how to get on with my life a little more now, except it never gets any easier.”

"I won't even pretend to know what you've gone through, but I think Esca is right. You shouldn't sulk forever. I might not know much, but everyone deserves to be happy. You're a good man, Devyn, you most certainly deserve that as well. If there is anything I can do to help with this...well, just let me know and I'll do what I can." A deep blush covered Darrow's face, though he meant every word of what he had just said. He perhaps was not the most social of people, but when he considered a person a friend then he was extremely loyal to them. Hopefully what he had just said was not too mushy for the chimera handler.

”Ok, just grab your pole, and you are going to reel it in nice and slow. You don’t want to go to fast or you might lose the fish. Take a deep breath and then go ahead and try. If you need any help just ask. I’m just going to stand back and let you do it yourself unless you need some help.”

Darrow took a deep breath and tried to not panic and overthink this. It was just a fish. Even if it jumped off the line it wouldn't be that big of a deal as he could always try again. "Okay. I think I have it." He assured him as he gripped the pole a little better and then began to bring the fish in. It fought, a lot more than he thought it would, but slowly he brought the fish to the shore. "Hey! It's not too bad. Could be bigger, but not bad for a first caught fish." The fish was maybe five inches long, not a bad length at all. "Are we keeping or releasing?" He asked.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:14 am

For the second time that day already, Devyn had to stop himself from getting upset. So, once more, he kept his mouth shut for a moment as he tried to think of the words to say. Obviously his manners would not allow him to say nothing, and he really did want to somehow let Darrow know how thankful he was that he was saying stuff like that. Smiling softly, his blue eyes shining ever so slightly with just a touch of tears. Since he couldn’t find the right words to say in his opinion, Devyn just nodded, silently thanking him for his kind words. Come to think of it, lately it had seemed to him like he wouldn’t know what to do without Darrow around.

Actually, it still surprised him sometimes that he and Darrow had become such good friends so quickly. Both of them were not really the outgoing type. Well, Devyn was more so now than he had used to be, but he knew Darrow was still pretty shy. Devyn wouldn't have it any other way though. That was just how Darrow was. Plus, no matter how shy he was, he was one of the best friends the chimera handler had ever had.

Grinning at his friend, Devyn's blue eyes watched his friend as he picked up his pole and started trying to reel the fish in. While Devyn itched to help Darrow, he kept himself sitting for now. "Good, you're doing great!" As Darrow continued to reel in his line, Devyn continued watching him, blue eyes shining bright as his friend got closer to the shore.

When the black handler finally got the fish to the shore and pulled it out of the water, Devyn got to his feet, a bright smile o his face. "No, its certainly not bad for your first time." At his friends question, he thought a moment before shrugging, "It's up to you. If you feel like keeping it you can, if you'd rather put it back, you can do that too."

Right as he finished speaking, his own pole began to shake a bit and he smirked, quickly grabbing it and slowly reeling his own fish in. It was slightly smaller than Darrow's, but still a decent size catch. Blue eyes glanced at his friend once more before he said, "You know, if you want to keep your fish, I'm sure I could build us a fire and we could cook them right here if we wanted."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:29 am

Darrow's face was lit up with excitement at having caught his first fish. He couldn't help but keep staring at it as it flopped from time to time on the line. While it certainly spoke of how privileged and sheltered his life was, he'd never really had the chance to look at a fish this fresh before. The scales were shiny and honestly quite beautiful. Most of the fish he'd seen was either already cleaned and ready to be cooked or it was cooked and laying on his plate.

"It's up to you. If you feel like keeping it you can, if you'd rather put it back, you can do that too."

The blackhandler made a look of pondering. On one hand it was his first fish, so he sort of wanted to enjoy it. However, his tender side felt bad for the fish and wanted to let it go. Besides, it wasn't as if he knew how to clean one. He'd only learned how to butcher meat during daylinghood. He hadn't exactly enjoyed that lesson, but he'd done it because he loved Argow and it was for her. Now though...he really didn't have a reason to keep the fish except for the fact he wanted to. Before he could answer though, Devyn's pole got a bite.

"You know, if you want to keep your fish, I'm sure I could build us a fire and we could cook them right here if we wanted."

"Nice job! Not a bad looking fish either." Now that Devyn had offered to clean and cook the fish it only seemed right that they enjoy a meal together. No, it didn't make him feel less sorry for the fish, but he had to be alright with killing his food if he was willing to eat it. Honestly, Darrow didn't think he'd make it if all he had to eat was veggies, fruits, and bread. He liked meat too much.

Image x3 - Counted
Image Image Image Image