Fishing, Friends, and Fun (Tag: Parker/Darrow)

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Kate

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Devyn groaned a bit as the sun poked through his window. At first he rolled over and threw the pillow over his head, trying to block out the light so he could maybe get back to sleep. He had not slept well, and did not feel rested at all. Ever since Esca had passed away, he had been having trouble sleeping. Over the months, it got easier, but last night had just been one of those nights apparently. He just wanted to lay in bed, but he knew, unfortunately, that he could not. He had to get up and go about his day, no matter how much he didn't want to. Although, if he really wanted to..

Quickly he tossed that thought out of his head as the voice of his daywher came to him. Devyn, come on, it is time to get up! We have the whole day ahead of us!

As he heard Isamuyn's voice, he groaned again. "I'm up...just give a moment to get going.." He swung his feet over the bed and then got up and quickly got washed up and put some clean clothes on. As he bent down to pull on his pants, he suddenly sat upright. Damn it! Today was the day he was supposed to go fishing to Darrow. How could he have forgotten? How could Isamuyn not have reminded him?

Quickly he finished getting dressed and then grabbed a piece of fruit on his way out the door for breakfast. It didn't take him long to get to the meeting spot by the woods, and as he was closing in on it, he just hoped that Darrow hadn't been there waiting for him. He'd feel even worse, and he didn't really want to tell the young man that he had forgotten about this.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 pm

What are we doing? Why can't I play in the river? It looks like fun. Argow said with a whine as she laid on the river bank with her head on her front paws and looked down in the river longingly. They'd been waiting for about half a candlemark and already she was board.

"Because I've been told that splashing and swimming in the water can scare off the fish." Darrow explained to her. She was being a bit more whiny than normal. He'd have to keep an hour on her. The last thing he wanted was for her to rise for a run when he wasn't aware. "If you really want to play in the river, you can go down stream a little ways and do it. I just don't want you to scare them away around here. I'd like to be able to catch a fish the first time I try to." Darrow went on to say.

But I want to stay here. I don't want to go off by myself. Argow whined more.

Darrow sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well then, just be a bit patient. I'm sure Devyn and Isamuyn will be here shortly, then you two can go do whatever you want." Maybe that would get her to stop pouting and whining so much. He was looking forward to today. Being raised in one of the well-to-do harper families of Walled, he'd never been allowed to go out and fish before. It was considered beneath him. Therefore, he was very excited to try this whole fishing thing out.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:21 am

Muttering to himself Devyn quickly headed towards where he was supposed to meet Darrow. While he was sure Darrow probably wouldn't be upset that he was late, he did not want his friend to know he had forgotten. The chimera handler did not want his friend to think that he thought so lowly of him that he would forget that they had planned to do something today. Darrow reminded Devyn of himself a little bit, and he didn't want to give the young man any reason to not want to come out of his shell, at least for a little bit anyway.

Quickly, Devyn tried to clear his mind before he got to the actual meeting spot. It wouldn't do him any good to go in there all flustered.

Oh stop it Devyn. You know very well that Darrow isn't going to feel like that. You always seem to think the worst, no matter what. You need to stop that.

Devyn shook his head and gave his daywher a look, but he knew Isamuyn was right. He was kind of going back to the way things had been before he had met Esca, and quiet honestly, it scared him a little. Esca had gotten him out of his, mood, or whatever you wanted to call it, and now with him gone, Devyn could feel himself slipping. That was pretty much the reason he wanted to make sure that he didnt forget about stuff like this. Going out and doing stuff with other people was exactly what he needed, whether he really believed it or not.

Isamuyn was the first to reach the other pair and he walked up to them. Its nice to see you both again. Devyn will be here in just a moment.
The daywher did not offer any information as to why they were late or anything like that. It wasn't his job, he would just leave that up to Devyn to take care of.

A moment after the chimera finished speaking, Devyn came into view. Running a hand through his hair he offered Darrow a small, apologetic smile. "Sorry I'm so late. I just, couldn't get myself up and going this morning. Blushing a little out of embarrassment, he turned away for a moment before continuing, "I hope you still want to go. It's not like it's to late or anything."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:32 am

As soon as Argow noticed that Isamuyn was approaching she immediately forgot about the river and the fact that she wanted to go for a swim in it. She stood up, her tail whipping back and forth excitedly, and gave a bugle of greeting to the other day wher. She was rather fond of the older day wher and not just because Darrow considered Devyn a friend. There you are! I was getting so bored. It is always good to see you, Isamuyn! How have you been? Would you like to go down the river a way to play in the water? She asked as she moved up to him and gave him a tender nuzzle.

"Sorry I'm so late. I just, couldn't get myself up and going this morning."

A smile lit Darrow's face as Devyn finally arrived. "It's alright. You don't have to apologize to me. You're not that late even." Darrow assured him. He didn't mind waiting for his friend. "Besides, it hasn't been that long since we got here. I know how hard it can be to wake up some mornings. Though...no maning has yet to be as rough as that first night we met." He remembered the memory fondly for all he was a bit embarrassed about his actions that night still.

"I hope you still want to go. It's not like it's to late or anything."

"Of course I still want to go!! I am really exited to try my hand at this fishing thing. I'm sure I won't be any good at it, but I always thought it would be fun to fish." Darrow said, the excitement in his voice almost palpable. "So...where should we begin? Is this an alright spot or should we find somewhere else?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:39 am

Isamuyn let out a small rumble of greeting as Agrow nuzzled him. While he was happy to see her, the only sign of it was his tail wagging. The chimera did not return the nuzzle. It seemed he to was reverting slightly back to the way he used to be as well. It also didn’t help that he has never been over affectionate either, even before Esca and Adianca had passed. It's nice to see you again to Argow. Play in the water? I guess that does sound fun. Something to do while they are fishing right?

Blue eyes showed the other man his gratefulness for not being upset that he was late. Honestly, Devyn was kind of ashamed that these nightmares, or whatever you wanted to call them, were still bothering him. Granted he knew that it happened to everyone, and knew he wasn’t going to be exempt from that. The chimera handler just felt that things should be a little easier now, and sometimes he even found himself wondering if they ever would get easier. Darrow’s voice brought him out of his thooghts and he couldn’t help but chuckle. "Thanks, but I still feel kind of guilty." Chuckling even more he said, "I don't blame you for not wanting to get up that morning. I probably wouldn't have wanted to get up either."

A quick grin comes to Devyns face as he hears the excitement in his friend's voice. While he hadn't actually expected Darrow to not want to go, but it was nice to hear him say it actually. Shaking his head he said, "No, this is a fine spot. I see you remembered to bring everything, so here, just grab a pole, and I'll show you the basics." Reaching over Devyn grabbed his own pole and began getting it set to go.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Argow was use enough to Isamuyn's more serious ways to not take his lack of affection personally. Like people, day whers differed in the amount of affection they showed or liked to be shown. She trusted that if her over-zealous nuzzles was an issue then he would tell her or show her. After all, as far as pack heirarchy went, he was above her. She was younger than him. Not that the black didn't have ambitions of her own. The packs alpha female was a black. A very strong black. perhaps one day that would be her. A girl could dream anways. Wonderful! Darrow says we have to be far enough away to not disturb their fishing. Follow me. She said happily and then took off at what could only be called a prance down river. She knew of a great spot where the river widened a bit and slowed down. It was wonderful for swimming.

Darrow waved off his guilt. "I get it. I'd feel the same. But I'm telling you that it's alright. Let's just have a good time today, alright?" He suggested with a large grin. The longer he knew Devyn the more comfortable he was speaking with him. The chimera rider and Shyran were his closest friends. For all there was some underlying feelings he had, he tried to ignore those. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin a good friendship and so far he had no indication that such feelings were returned. Best to leave such things alone for the time being.

"Great! Yeah, um, I think I remembered everything you said to bring. Poles and bait mainly." Darrow said as he moved over to where he had laid everything down to wait for Devyn. It really wasn't too much stuff, but he was glad that they could just stay here instead of having to move. This spot was nice because there was enough shade that they wouldn't have to worry about the sun at any point while they were out. "I will admit...I'm not so sure about this whole...putting a worm on the hook thing. I'm sure I seem whimpy saying that, but I don't know...it just seems gross and painful for the worm." Darrow was raised a rich kid, so yeah...he had a bit of an aversion to anything dirty, but that didn't mean he wasn't willing to try. Seeing Devyn pick up his pole he picked up the other and waited for his friend's next instructions.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Isamuyn could not help but wag his tail at how excited the younger daywher was. The young black was always so eager, always so pleasant. Sometimes, it made Isamuyn drop his guard just a little, although it never lasted very long.

Blue eyes watched the two daywhers run off to go do whatever they were going to do. Knowing that the two of them were going to have fun, made him feel a little more at ease. The young man could only assume (to himself anyway), that if the daywhers were close friends, hopefully he and Darrow would stay that way. Now, the chimera handler knew that it was probably pretty silly for him to be thinking like that. Of course he and Darrow were going to stay friends, why wouldn't they? A slight embarrassed blush crept into his features once again, as Darrow spoke to him. Nodding he said with a smile, "Alright, alright I hear you."

Smiling softly he picked up the pole and quickly got it ready and a worm on it before setting it down, chuckling at Darrow. "Trust me, it's not the first time I've heard somebody say that." After a moment he smiled again, "You know, if you want, I could just put your pole together this time if you'd rather. I'm not trying to say you can't do it, but if you would just rather not, I don't mind doing it for you."

Honestly, Devyn had never been a fan or putting the worm on the hook either when he was younger. He had kind of just decided it needed to be done if he wanted to be able to fish. The love he had for fishing outweighed his worry about the worm, so eventually he had just gotten used to doing it.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 am

"You know, if you want, I could just put your pole together this time if you'd rather. I'm not trying to say you can't do it, but if you would just rather not, I don't mind doing it for you."

Darrow had managed to get his pole put together correctly and got the line run through it properly. That he was pretty pleased that he knew how to do. However, he could only stare for a moment at the little container of worms that sat between himself and Devyn. The worms were just wiggling and doing their thing. Again Darrow couldn't help but wonder if getting put on a hook hurt them. He supposed that it didn't, they were just worms after all. It wasn't as if he had a problem with killing other crawlies that got too close to him, so how was this any different? Still, there was a small part of him that felt bad.

In end, what male pride he had won out. "No, it's alright. I can do it. I might as well learn how to do it myself if I ever want to fish on my own, right? Not that I wouldn't want to always fish with you if I could, of course." He added quickly, not wanting his friend to think that he didn't want to fish with him or something. He picked up one of the worms then and picked up the hook with the other hand and began trying to get the wriggly creature onto it. His first attempt failed miserably, but he wasn't about to give up.

"Goddess, it wriggles even more when you prick it. This is rather awful." Darrow declared as he managed to get the hook through the thin creature. The fact it was wriggling more did not do a lot to put his mind at ease that the worms couldn't feel the hook going through them. "Alright, I think I got it. Do you think it is on well enough?" He asked Devyn as he walked closer to the man to show him his work.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Blue eyes looked at Darrow as the young man said he would do it on his own. Honestly, part of Devyn hoped that would be the answer, but the other part of him had hoped that Darrow would need his help. If the other young man had needed his help, it would have nice, make him feel wanted, and like he was being useful. Scoffing at himself, he quickly pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. Why was he thinking like that? Honestly there was no reason for him to be.

Devyn managed to pull himself out of his thoughts and nodded slowly, even chuckling a little. ”Don’t worry, I won’t take that personally. It is indeed a good thi to learn to do on your own, just Incase you like it so much that you keep doing it, even by yourself sometimes. It’s quiet relaxing so I hope you enjoy it enough that you will feel that way too.”

Frowning a bit he nodded. ”Yes, they do. Unfortunately that is still the one thing that bothers me sometimes too.” While he didn’t really like to admit that, he knew that was true. That was the only part of fishing that still bothered him from time to time,

As his friend walked closer, blue eyes traveled to his fishing pole and he studied it before nodding and giving Darrow a big grin. ”It’s on good enough. It looks great. You didn’t do a bad job for your first time.”

Grabbing his own pole, Devyn walked to the edge and studied it for a moment, blue eyes scanning the area, tying to pick the best spot. Finally he cast his line, smiling as it flew through the air and landed out in the water. Turning to his friend and giving him a big smile. “Ok so I know you were watching because that’s just you. Do you want me to help you with your first cast or do you want to try it on your own?” Of course he didn’t want his friend to think that he thought he wasn’t capable, he was just giving him the choice.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Darrow gave the man a warm smile and was glad that he was offended. "Yeah, that's what I've heard. That it is really relaxing. Well, this sort of fishing. The few times our family would go to the Fishing Village we would get to hear some of the stories that the old fishers would tell. Doesn't sound like the most relaxing of jobs to do." The harsh seas were a heck of a lot scarier than sitting on the bank of a river and casting a line at leisure.

The struggle was real, literally, to get the worm on the hook. "Well, I'm glad it isn't just me that finds it rather bothersome." And a bit cruel if he was being honest, but then...it was just a worm. They were here to help the soil and to help catch fish. Darrow was the sensitive sort, but not so much that he didn't understand the nature of life. He ate meat, after all, and he knew where that meat came from. He, however, doubted that he would ever be able to kill, clean, and butcher his own meals. Well, unless he absolutely had to. He prayed to the goddess that he never was put in that sort of situation. Another smile was flashed to the chimerahandler. "Good. I'm sure I'll get faster with practice."

He thought he could maybe do the casting himself, but he'd turned down the help to get the worm on the hook so he figured he'd get help with this first. "Um, yeah, maybe a bit of help would be nice. If you don't mind, of course." Darrow didn't want to be rude and continually turn down help from his friend.
Image Image Image Image