Not the Adventure Expected <Tag Locke>

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
LdyPayne

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:50 pm

I'ent didn't particularly want to spend the night in the jungle either, not so much because of Locke's company but more because he knew there were many dangers in the jungle. The Wherhandlers may have discovered the source of the Feline attacks over the last few Turns but that didn't mean normal wild Felines weren't lurking out there and could still present a danger even with two dragons nearby. He did have confidence in Shireth getting them safely out should felines or any other thread show up however so he wasn't particularly worried.

"I'm sure we won't have to stay too late tonight," I'ent responded. "But letting them sleep another Candlemark won't put us past dusk anyway."

I'ent sat crosslegged on the blanket before Locke then took a moment to gather his thoughts. He didn't know if Locke or the Reaper knew anything about Cehrazad or her half sister but he figured Locke would tell him if he did, once he learned what this was all about.

"Not all that long ago while I was out practicing some of the stuff you taught me I ran into one of the riders who Impressed same clutch I did. We talked some and as it turned out she had a skill I wanted to learn, how to scale and climb buildings and stuff, something I never really knew how to do. I expect you could have taught me that too but I thought at the time why not learn that skill from somebody else so I'm not taking up all of your free time. Anyway she agreed to do it but asked I check up on her sister once in awhile, make sure she's safe. You see, the rider's from the Bottoms like we are and she was in a trade like you and Kent where. Anyway, she manage to find a family to take care of her baby sister but worries she may be kidnapped or harmed, especialy with those slaver rings you've been working to take down. Anyway, I didn't mention anything about you or The Reaper or even that I heard about those Slave Rings...didn't think it would be wise to do so. But anyway, I figure I should go check up on the girl soon, before Cehrazad thinks I am going back on my part of the deal. I wanted to know if you heard of her or not."
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 am

"No, I suppose it won't hurt anything. Goddesses know if we head back early we'll just get roped into doing something else. I'd much rather stay out here with you shooting the breeze." Locke said as he pulled out his tin of smokes and then lit it for a deep drag. He was going to have to get himself some more of these and perhaps some of the stronger smokes that he really enjoyed smoking on occasion. Yes, he was a father now and he had to be responsible, but when the kids were in the creche and he was home relaxing he saw nothing wrong with it.

Locke listened politely as he smoked while I'ent told his tale. It was silly, and he knew it was silly, but there was the tiniest bit of jealousy that flared up within his chest at the thought of someone other than him teaching I'ent the best tips and tricks of the trade. He most certainly did know how to climb, scale buildings, and even knew how to run quickly from roof top to roof top in the straightest path possible. He shoved aside the stupid pangs of jealousy for now and paid attention to what it was I'ent was talking.

"Cehrazad?" He tried to recall that name, but couldn't. "No, I am afraid I haven't heard that name before. If she is worried for her younger sister is she attempting to rescue her from this family? We could always rescue her and bring her here if that is the case." Locke suggested.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
LdyPayne

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:38 pm

I'ent would definitely prefer to talk with Locke in the relative peace of the jungle than be back at the Weyr doing drills or extra Sweeps. Not that he would be expected to do much given Shireth rose and often riders of mating dragons are excused for the day or night as the case may be. He watched as Locke lit himself a smoke but didn't ask to have one. He wasn't particularly interested in the smokes, saw them as a luxury and a danger given some had addictive qualities. The chance to escape from one's problems in a haze of bliss may be appealing but I'ent never had the money for such things. Besides he didn't see what could be pleasurable or even relaxing, inhaling smoke into one's lungs. Simple food he didn't have to struggle to get was far more rewarding and relaxing to I'ent despite being a dragonrider for several Turns now.

"Oh no, she is happy her sister is with this particular family. They run a bakery near The Bottoms that has a good reputation. I get the impression Cehrazad is happy Donyazad is with this family and they take good care of her," I'ent clarified. He was pretty sure the last thing Cehrazad wanted was for her sister to be brought here. If she had wanted that she could have just gotten her herself now that she was a greenrider too. Nobody would question a female greenrider in Walled, even if from another Weyr. "Cehrazad is just worried those slavers running those child rings you want to take down might snatch her sister from the street."
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Locke took a long inhale of his smoke and let it out in circles above his head. "Oh...that's good then. I'm glad she is with a family that cares for her." There were far too many children that lived with families that didn't give a shit about them. While there was a part of Locke that wanted to rescue those children as well, stealing a child from their family was quite a bit different than rescuing children from slavers.

The reason of the greenrider's worry was sensible. "Ah, yes...unfortunately that is a worry for any child that isn't a part of some noble family in Walled." Most criminals would not dare to attempt to steal one of those children to sell to slavers, but he supposed it could happen. Merchant children and the children of the Bottoms were much more likely victims. "We could probably ask Mouse to see if he has anyone that would be able to keep an eye on her. Unbeknownst to her or her family, of course. Besides that the best thing we can do to ensure she is never taken by them is bring those bastards down." Locke firmly believed that they would be able to do that....he'd do whatever it took to see an end to child slavery.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

LdyPayne

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:24 pm

I'ent watched the smoke circles rise above Locke's head with a hint of childlike fascination till the first few disapated in the faint breeze. He turned his attention fully on Locke, not wanting to be distracted.

"I wouldn't want Mouse to be stretched too thin even if the bakery is not far from one of The Bottoms entrances into the Market Quarter. But if he knows somebody that works that area it would be greatly appreciated. I think I will want to check on the girl myself someday soon, whenever I can get away long enough to sneak into Walled and check with my own eyes."

Child slavery rings definitely weren't a good thing as far as I'ent was concerned, even if he didn't personally have any contact with it before. His father kept him away from that sort of thing and certainly couldn't afford a Slave of any type. Yet I'ent had no idea where he picked up his sister but he was pretty sure now his father sold her to the woman I'ent saw her with before everything went wrong. Maybe the woman treated his sister well and she was happy as a Slave but I'ent doubted he'll ever see his sister again. Now that he knew more about the child slavery situation in The Bottoms and other places and Locke's own experiences as a slave, I'ent didn't think it was right for children to be treated in such a way.

"Yes, that would be a good solution," I'ent agreed. He was behind Locke 100% when it came to taking down the child slavery rings even if deep down he was nervous about the danger. Shireth of course would be quite eager to take part, it'll be a big adventure to the green. Unfortunately I'ent didn't think Shireth would have much part, it wasn't like she could fly around in The Bottoms knocking people about. She didn't have Wraith's taste for blood and cruel streak, something I'ent hoped would not rub off on his Precious Shireth now that they are friends and have mated.

<We're going on an Adventure?> Shireth cut into this thoughts causing I'ent to groan. The green rubbed her head along Wraith's neck briefly before disentangling herself enough to stretch. She still felt quite content from her Mating flight and there certainly wasn't anything she had to complain about Wraith's performance. The nap did great in revitalizing her after the long mating flight, in fact she was feeling rather hungry.

No Shireth we're not, I was just thinking of a task Locke and I will have to do and I knew you would think of it as an adventure. It's not happening now so relax. Good to see you awake though and in good spirits. I'ent silently said to Shireth.

"Shireth's awake, as you can see." I'ent doubted Locke missed the green rising up from where she had been curled around Wraith to stretch. He felt hungry too and he knew it wasn't his hunger he was feeling. "And she's hungry...but I can feed her when we get back to the Weyr."

<You awake dear Wraith? Our riders are plotting adventures for us, isn't that exciting?>
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:27 am

"Next time we head to Walled we can stop by and see how she is doing. I know we were thoroughly distracted from gathering the plants we had intended to gather today, but I'm sure in the next few days we'll be able to get away from the weyr again in order to come back and get what we need. Then, when we take those to Walled we can check in on her. I'm sure you'll have good news to report back to her sister." Locke was secretly glad that I'ent was talking to a woman of Walled and seemed to be genuinely concerned in helping her out in this matter. He knew trusting women, especially those from their home, was not easy for the greenrider.

"Don't you worry about Mouse. That man gets around better than anyone I know even with his crippled leg." Locke wasn't really sure how Mouse did what he did, but he was the best damned one at it. He could only be thankful that the younger man was on their side and gave them so many resources and information to use whenever they needed it. Mouse was worth his weight in gold and the sad thing was he didn't see it for himself.

"Hopefully soon it will be a solution we will bring to fruition. Wouldn't that be something?" While Locke was an arrogant and braggart of a man, he was not trying to take down the child slave rings to stroke his ego. If he wanted to do that he was simply start trying to hit bigger and better targets for his sticky fingers. No, he genuinely wanted to help the children and honestly would prefer if none were the wiser to who it was that led to the downfall of the child slave rings.

"Yes, I can see that." Locke commented as he took stretched his hands above his head. "Maybe with her nudging I'll be able to get mister grumpy pants to move his ass as well." He said as he looked at the chimera who was still curled up in a ball, pretending to be asleep. "You hear me, you lazy ass?! I'm going to leave you here and catch a ride with I'ent and Shireth if you don't get up soon!"

Wraith gave a long, suffering huff, but was disinclined to look over at his rider. I think staying here and sleeping more sounds like a far better use of my time. The chimera said to his, in his opinion, overly excited mate. After a moment or two of trying to lure himself back to sleep, Locke's constant silent nagging finally got to him. Wraith stood up and flashed angry eyes in his direction. Fine, I'm up. But don't dilly dally getting mounted. You wanted me up so fucking bad, we better be home within the next ten minutes or I'll be rather crass. You're always rather crass. Locke commented as he got to his feet. "Wraith's ready, though he threatened us if we take our time now to get home." He explained to the greenrider.
Image Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:44 pm

I'ent nodded, pleased Locke was willing to help him check on Ceh's sister. It wasn't easy for him to trust a woman in general much less one who came from Walled. He still didn't completely trust Cehrazad but he trusted her more than he did most women. So far she had carried out her side of the bargain and he was less tense around her now than before. Seeing her sister was doing alright and making sure the child slavers didn't decide to kidnap her seemed a small price to pay. It also would confirm everything Cehrazad told him about herself. Maybe it was easier to trust her because they had Impressed together and went through Weyrlinghood together despite barely interacting during the entire time.

As he had nothing to say against Mouse's abilities to move around despite being crippled I'ent simply nodded his agreement. Locke knew the man far beter than I'ent did and he trusted Locke not to put his friend into needless danger. If he didn't then I'ent would worry his own neck may be put into needless danger. Then again just helping Locke with any Reaper activities was a risk but I'ent was willing to make the risk for Locke.

Shireth shot Locke a look when he threatened to leave Wraith behind. <And what makes you think I would carry you on my back?> Shireth inquired. The tone of her mind voice made it hard to determine if she was serious or teasing in her question. In a way the green wasn't sure herself. If her rider insisted she do so then she would but she would feel rather ungrateful to Wraith if she did abandon him.

The green nuzzled agaisnt Wraith once the Chimera stood, <Oh don't be too grouchy, once we bring our riders home you are more than welcome to curl up next to me in my pavilion.>

I'ent stood up and started gathering his things, though they had packed up the bulk of their gear already. It was just a matter of harnessing up Shireth and loading up the gear. As they had not gathered any herbs he was sure it wouldn't take long at all.

"Come on over here Shireth and I'll get the flying straps on," I'ent called to her. Desite the unexpected mating flight I'ent felt good. He didn't feel his relationship with Locke had been harmed in any way, in fact it seemed to make it a bit easier. He wasn't at all sure how he'll deal with some of the emotional aspect but it was something he'll work out later, for now he he had Shireth to focus on. Once back in the Weyr he'll likely give her a nice bath and oiling and apologize for not recognizing the signs.

ooc: and I think we can wrap it there, or in your next reply. A fun post :)