Not the Adventure Expected <Tag Locke>

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
LdyPayne

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Turning he looked at Locke and had no doubts everything the Chimera rider was saying was true, he had no regrets about what happened. Did he wish he could remember every detail of what happened between them? Now that was a question that made I'ent feel more confused than ever. He should be shocked to know he was with Locke, the Reaper, a man he looked up to, revered even in his own way. How do you deal with suddenly waking up in bed with a person you saw as a Mentor? It didn't help that he did find Locke attractive, especially when he seemed so happy. The mention of Wraith being nice which was out of character for Chimera made a nice distraction from his own mixed up feelings.

"I think Shireth likes that nasty streak of his, compliments her own tendency to be crass at times I suppose. Or maybe she feels she can calm his more unappealing side? Either way she's quite content and pleased with herself for picking Wraith this time." I'ent looked over at the two dragons and sighed, confident she'll pick him every time Wraith chased her from now on. Unless he stops chasing then she may get angry and spur him. At this point I'ent didn't know what the future would hold.

He snapped his attention fully onto Locke when he asked if he could ask a question. Seeing no reason not to let him I'ent nodded. Once Locke told him what was on his mind I'ent wished he had said no, he couldn't ask his question. Then again Locke would have asked anyway, I'ent was pretty ceratin of that.

"I...you mentioned that before," I'ent responded, his thoughts in turmoil once more. How did he explain why he had been hesitant to sleep with him without risking sounding like a complete fool? "That Kent was fine with you being with others... but is he really? He loves you and doesn't want to lose you, maybe he's saying he's fine with it because he doesn't want to lose you?"

I'ent didn't plan to turn the conversation away from his own feelings and reasons for not wanting to be with Locke intimately but when he mentioned Kent was alright with it, he latched onto it. He didn't know Kent anywhere near as well as Locke and had no evidence that Kent was in any way unhappy with Locke being with other people flightlust or not. For all he knew Kent was glad for a break from Locke, or enjoyed being with other people too. In truth he would hate to given in to his desires only to learn Kent hated Locke being with anybody else but was too afraid to lose him to speak out. He knew Locke would be hurt if Kent was hurt and turning Locke's thoughts to a hypothetical reason for Kent being fine with him sleeping with others was easier than trying to explain his own mess of feelings right now.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:43 pm

"He's my dragon and I don't like his nasty streak. Then again, that nasty streak has gotten me into more trouble than what it has been worth sometimes." Locke stated quite honestly. He loved his dragon, would always love his dragon, but he knew that his dragon had plenty of flaws. "If that is what she is attempting to do, then I wish her all the luck in the world. I've tried for turns to curb his more aggressive streak, but...well...I'm afraid he got the taste for blood young and has rather liked it ever since." That was the truth and then some. "Well, he's rather smug that she allowed him to catch her. I have a feeling he may try and be so lucky every time now." Locke stated easily. Wraith had never been one to chase, but then he'd never had a female dote on him the way Shireth did. If Wraith was fond of one thing it was having others be fond of him.

"Kent does love me and he's never ever going to lose me...even if he wanted to I don't think I'd allow it." Locke said with a laugh. "Trust me, I'ent, as many times as I have fucked him over in far more serious ways than just sleeping with others, if I thought anything...anything at all...would upset him, I wouldn't do it." It'd taken him several hard lessons to learn that if he wanted to keep Kent, he had to stop the lies. Which was why now he was only ever honest with his husband.

"Besides, it's not as if I am the only one that gets to enjoy this sort of liberty in our relationship. He is just as free as I am to have fun with whomever he wants." Locke was not a selfish lover. He didn't mind sharing his husband with others. The only thing the two of them demanded solely from each other was their love for each other. Locke knew he had that from Kent and he hoped to the goddesses that Kent knew he had that from him. "Sometimes we have fun separately and then telling each other about it. Sometimes we enjoy sharing someone together. So if that is really your worry...don't. I promise you he really doesn't mind."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
LdyPayne

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:42 am

I'ent didn't now whether Shireth could smooth away all of Wraith's nastiness but perhaps she would be able to redirect it. Or maybe not at all. He did know she liked him and maybe his very nature was what appealed to her, bringing out her adventurous spirit to tease and banter with Wraith. Whatever it was she certainly liked him enough to pick him for her mate this time. If she favours him in future Mating Flights I'ent wasn't going to deter her.

It was both a relief to hear Kent wasn't at all resentful of Locke being with others and it had him realize Kent was pretty special to have that kind of trust. I'ent didn't know if he could trust anybody that much. Looking at Locke and knowing what the man had did for him, even under the guise of The Reaper, I'ent realized he did trust somebody that much, even if the context was different. He looked away, feeling a new sort of envy in his gut. The few people he had in his life who meant something had died or turned their back on him. Only Locke had proven somebody who went out of his way to help him and didn't expect anything in return.

"I doubt there's anybody like you two existing anywhere in the world," I'ent responded, turning his attention back to Locke. It was an enviable relationship and knowing Kent and Locke were so comfortable and trusting of each other they would happily exchange stories of times they were with others or even share partners, it seemed a match as perfect for the two of them as possible.

I'ent also felt he had distracted Locke enough he didn't have to worry about the question he had asked which I'ent just didn't want to answer. He cast about their makeshift bed to see if he could find his clothing. If they had any hope of finding some herbs before night fell, they should get a move on.

"Well, we best dress and get those herbs..." I'ent suggested.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Locke gave a smile and a soft shrug. "I'm sure there are others out there that are similar to us. Not nearly as good looking, of course, but open relationships is hardly a new concept." He stated with a coy little grin. There were times that he wondered if things would be different if he and Kent hadn't been brothel boys. Maybe they wouldn't have been as open to sharing each other then, but...well, he certainly had no complaints now. Kent had stuck with him through so many hardships in some ways Locke felt guilty that the man loved him so much, but he was selfish enough to covet that love.

He gave a wave of his hand. "It's getting late, let's not worry about the herbs now. Besides, I'm still pleasantly worn out and content after all that vigorous love making." Locke said as he stretched lean muscles languidly. Then, he began helping I'ent to find their clothing. He tossed the man his pants before getting up to go grab a few of the articles that were futher away from them thanks to their rush to get them off.

"I'ent, I hope by now you have learned what a stubborn asshole I am. So you can keep trying to avoid giving me a real answer to my previous question, but I'm going to keep asking you until I get a real answer." Him being married was not a real answer to him. "I'm not going to be upset, no matter what the answer is, I just...I want to know."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

LdyPayne

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:40 pm

I'ent hadn't thought Locke and Kent's relationship was a unique one but he hadn't known anybody in such a relationship till he met Locke. He couldn't help the sigh when Locke indicated there was no point trying to get herbs now. I'ent realized Shireth's unexpected rising certainly burned off the entire day and he wasn't feel to eager to spend the last of the daylight looking for wild herbs either. It did mean having to come out again next time they were free but I'ent didn't mind spending time with his mentor.

He looked up at the tree where Locke's underwear was dangling and gave a call for Shimmer who flew over and landed on a stump nearby. The last thing I'ent wanted was to have his shoulder scratched up because he was naked and his skin was no match for a firelizard's claws. It only took a moment to explain to the Fancy Flit what he wanted and she flew up and with a few tugs managed to free Locke's underwear from the tree. I'ent caught it when Shimmer dropped it in his outstretched hand then flew off to wait till he was dressed so he could give her affection. It was at this moment Locke made it clear he still was waiting for an answer to his question.

"Here's your underwear," I'ent replied instead, knowing that definitely wasn't the answer Locke was hoping for. He gave a sigh then busied himself finding his own underwear and dressing. Only when he was fully clothed did he look over at Locke again.

"You're my mentor...and...as The Reaper you saved my life," I'ent explained. "It doesn't seem right to do this..." here he gestured towards the rumpled up blanket, clearly referring to what had taken place between them during Shireth's mating flight. He left it at that, knowing there were far more complicated things going on inside that had I'ent confused and not really understanding what he was feeling. He certainly didn't think less of Locke for what happened nor did he hold it against him, but to have a tumble with him without Shireth's influence I'ent didn't think he could do it. Not that he found the act repulsive or didn't feel attraction towards Locke but the reasons beyond that made his head hurt to try and unravel.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:12 pm

"Thank you, my darling." Locke said as he took the offered underwear. He put them on and then began the search for the rest of his clothes. That was easier said than done. One sock was found near the blanket, but he had to walk a bit away to find anything else. It took a few rounds of wandering about the area before he found most of his clothing. Occasionally he glanced at I'ent to see if he was having better luck finding his clothing. Finally, he was mostly dressed sans his boots.

There! That was a more honest and truthful answer to Locke. A crooked smile spread on his face as he began to button up his shirt. "As much as I love to have my ego stroked.." He said with a suggestive waggle of his brows, "And I have never minded being put on a pedastal, but I'ent...I'm just a man. Goddesses know I've made mistakes, done things even I am not proud of. Besides...after all this time, as far as you've come along, well..." He turned to look at I'ent. Gone was the mask of sarcasm and arrogance, replaced with a look of genuine feeling. "I'd like to think you think of me more as a friend, than just a mentor. I'll always be here to give you guidance, of course."

Once his shirt was buttoned he sat back down on the blanket to put his boots on. "I'm certainly not going to try and persuade you to feel differently, but there is one thing I've learned. Life is short and generally not that very nice. As many times as I should have bit the dust...I make it a point to enjoy any and every pleasure I can find. Is it the most moral way to live? Probably not, but it makes me happy. In the end...I suppose...you should do what makes you happy and say 'fuck it' to anyone or thing that would tell you not to." Locke was still a very hedonistic man. Yes, he had a few more good qualities than he use to, but that part of him would never go away. Besides, he didn't think that a person who did enjoy pleasure couldn't also do good things. "Just some food for thought...from your mentor." He teased him with a wink as he finished tying up his last boot. Now they just had to gather up their supplies.
Image Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:31 pm

"Oh yes I do see you as a friend," I'ent was quick to reassure Locke. "I don't have many friends so you've become that...which may be why this..wasn't as awkward as I thought it'll be."

I'ent was far more worried he was seeing Locke as something far more than just a mentor and friend, a concern he didn't want to voice. What if that turned him away? Kent and Locke may have a pretty open relationship but Locke already made it clear he would love Kent first. I'ent didn't feel he truly wanted a serious relationship with Locke or anybody for that matter, he just knew after all that happened he was feeling rather confused emotionally. He rounded up a few more articles of clothing and used dressing as an excuse to get his mind off his feelings and just ignore them for now, maybe forever. As Locke had already pointed out, what happened, happened and nothing can change it so might as well just move on.

"I'm pretty aware how short life can be and certainly not nice...you don't have to tell me that." I'ent struggled for the basic necessities of life since he was 10, even before that he remembered barely having any food because his father either gambled the money away or drank it. Or used it on other things, I'ent never knew what his father was into, besides betting on Canine fighting and cheating at it. Whatever happened all I'ent could remember was the spray of blood when some thugs cut his father's throat and let him bleed out in the gutter.

"I can't say for sure what really makes me happy...not a feeling I am too familiar with," I'ent gave a crocked smile with a shrug. "But Shireth certainly is the best thing to happen in my life after coming to the Weyr so I guess I am much happier here than I was at the Bottoms. It's nice not having to worry about my next meal or being jumped by some thug trying to take what few Marks I earned as a Runner."

I'ent pulled on his boots then looked over at Locke, "I suppose the more I have sex I will learn to enjoy that much more...from what bits I can remember from earlier...I was really enjoying it." Admitting this caused I'ent to feel suddenly shy and he was sure he blushed a little. Of course this was quickly followed by the same feelings of awkwardness and confusion he thought he had pushed away.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:36 pm

"Good. It really does make me happy to hear that." Locke was honestly in the same boat as I'ent. He didn't have many friends, well, not friends that he truly loved and trusted. Sure he knew a lot of people, but a good handful of them he'd put closer to the line of enemy or wary ally than even aquaintence. Street rats like himself and I'ent should stick together and be friends as no one understood the lives they had had to live on the streets of the Bottoms.

"I can't say any place would make me happier than the Bottoms. I rather enjoy going there now, getting to help people, be a pain to those that deserve it, but I'm also not trapped there anymore. That is the key difference. Still, I am a big believer in that we make our own happiness. No matter where you are the mind can either make it paradise or torture." During his time in prison he had let his mind go to very, very dark places. Places he didn't think he would ever get away from. That had led him to try something desperate to escape his own personal hell. After that he had promised Kent that he would never go to that dark a place again, so he did his best to make sure he always tried to think positively.

I'ent's admission that he had enjoyed what happened earlier made him grin from ear to ear. "From what I can remember I would have to agree with you." Call it ego, but if his friend hadn't enjoyed it at least some then Locke would have felt as if his skills were slipping. That would simply not do, not after he'd been a brothel boy for so long. He saw that I'ent was dressed now. "Well, should we try and get our dragons to wake up? I'm sure they won't appreciate being disturbed." Locke said as he looked at the ball of green and opal and pyrite.
Image Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Locke did have a point, I'ent was no longer trapped in The Bottoms, no longer struggling to just survive and he had no desire to return to that part of his life. Helping others was still very much a novety for him and I'ent struggled at times to justify putting himself at risk to help others. Yet, in so many ways he could still help without risking himself. Breaking into rich people's homes to make off with some food and money to help those barely surviving in the Bottoms was worth it, epecially with Locke. I'ent knew he wouldn't risk such endeavers if he was alone.

Helping the Wherhandler's boyfriend to rescue her was very much borderline, it was only I'ent's respect for Locke and his sense he owed the man for his own life that had I'ent agree to it earlier. Much like the desire to learn how to scale buildings prompted him to take a chance with his distrust of women to help Cehrazad by keeping an eye on her kid sister whenever he had a chance. Thinking about it reminded I'ent he had wanted to mention it to Locke, in fact he hoped to check in on her once they dropped off the herbs with Mouse. Unfortunately Shireth's mating flight threw a wrench in that plan.

As for making his own happiness I'ent didn't know what to say about that. He was probably as happy as he could be right now, with Shireth and living a comfortable life. There was still danger, he could be injured or die in Threadfall or even be hurt during these excursions with Locke. But he still felt he did well in avoiding danger short of never leaving the Weyr and refusing to fight Thread, a life he certainly didn't want either.

He smiled briefly, glad Locke did enjoy what they did, despite it not being planned or anything. After all the awkwardness of realizing he slept with Locke, a man he felt he owed his life to because of what Locke did as The Reaper and now understanding better the open relationship he had with his husband, I'ent was glad it didn't end up as bad as he thought. Did he wish this to happen again I'ent couldn't say at the moment. It was far easier not to think about that right now.

"I suppose we can try," I'ent responded. He looked over at Shireth who was curled up with Wraith and couldn't help the smile that crossed his face. She was feeling very content and happy even in slumber to the point I'ent didn't really want to disturb her. He gently nudged at her with his mind, trying to see if he could make her aware of him without waking her up completely. It didn't take I'ent long to realize she was ignoring him, preferring the comfort of sleep than respond to him.

"Shireth's pretty deeply asleep....but I could wake her if you really should we need to head back. Or we can just talk some more...in fact there is something I had meant to talk to you about before things happened neither of us expected."
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:39 am

Try was certainly the key word spoken. Wrath was difficult to awake up under normal circumstances. Now that he was curled up, comfy and warm, with his new mate it was likely going to be near impossible to get the easily agitated chimera to want to move. Still, he had to give it a shot. Wraith, I know you don't want to, but I'd rather us not be here when the sun goes completely down. How about we head back to the weyr and then you can curl back up with Shireth if that is what you want to do. Locke said to him. Wraith pretended to be asleep and ignored him. I know you're not asleep. He called him out on it. The response he got was a not so subtle 'fuck off'.

"Wraith is being his normal charming self as well." Locke commented with some irritation. "I guess there isn't too much of a rush. I just don't want us out here too long after dark." Locke said with a shrug after glaring angrily at his dragon. What a prick. Locke turned and went back to the small camp spot. One eyebrow rose in curiosity as he unfolded the blanket and laid it back out on the ground. If they were going to be here a bit might as well use it still.

"Oh yeah, sure. Talk away, I'm all ears." Locke said with a grin as he sat down. He patted the blanket to indicate I'ent should join him. He was very curious what it was he wanting to talk about, but he'd find out soon enough.
Image Image Image Image