Silent Place for Stealth <tag Cehrazad>

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
LdyPayne

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:28 am

I'ent weighed the value of learning how to scale buildings and move across roofs with ease was worth having to take trips to Walled Hold to check on some girl Cehrazad left behind. Whether it was her sister or daughter it didn't really matter to him but it was clear Cehrazad didn't want the girl to know her own origins? He could see Cehrazad was a freed slave from the tattoo and could understand why she didn't want to tell the girl she had been a slave but being checked on by a stranger, how will that appear to the girl?

"I don't know how often I can get to Walled Hold... especially since Mother poisoned a goldrider but when I do have reason to go there I can check on her. You'll have to tell me how to find her as I only ever lived in The Bottoms so don't know much about the rest of Walled Hold." This wasn't complete true, there had been times when he was sent to the Market Quarter to deliver messages and he had seen some of the more wealthier homes during trips with Locke. As he had no intention of mentioning his association with The Reaper to Cehrazad or anybody else unless Locke was alright with it, he didn't want Cehrazad to wonder why a street rat like himself knew about areas most people from The Bottoms would have no business going to.
Ainokesshou

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Cehrazad nodded at his comment that he couldn't get to Walled Hold much. She limited her own trips there for similar reasons. "Her parents have a bakery not all that far from the Bottoms," she said, "They're....respectable, which she never would have had with our mother, but they're not extremely wealthy." They were a happy couple, though. Plump because they truly enjoyed their craft, and so excited to find a little girl that liked cooking once they accepted they would never have any children the natural way.

She grinned. "Their bread is truly fantastic. Some people come from the wealthier districts to buy their bread. Their pastries..." she shrugged. "are priced correctly for their quality. But the bread is worth the trip by itself." She became more serious again. "Her name is Donyazad, and I put a lot of work into making sure she would be free, and not have the stigma of being the daughter and sister of brother slaves, but I've heard of children getting snatched off the street, and I worry."

She was such a pretty little girl, though her older sister might be biased. On top of that, bakers were certainly not wealthy enough for illegal slavers to be afraid of repercussions. "I just want any slavers to believe that important people will notice if she gets taken. And dragonriders are important people."
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
LdyPayne

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:35 pm

I'ent could understand why Cehrazad would want her sister adopted into a good home and not sold as a slave. His own sister was sold into slavery by his father. At the time he was told she was being adopted into a good family but that turned out to be a lie. At least Cehrazad cared for her sister and did what she could to give her a better life.

"You did good by her," I'ent responded. He may not trust women much especially walled women but he was starting to see Cehrazad was more like him, a survivor of The Bottoms, doing whatever they had to in order to stay alive and not one who preyed upon others weaker than themselves. He also realized she was aware of the child slavery rings, at least that they exist, if not anything else and if all went according to plan, she wouldn't have to worry about her sister or any child being snatched off the streets.

"Alright, I'll keep an eye on her and make sure nobody bothers her," I'ent decided. "Teach me to climb buildings and the like and whenever I can slip away I will check up on your sister." There was more he could do but he decided that he could arrange on his own, and she didn't need to know the details.

ooc: I think we can wrap this up on your reply. Also will it be safe to assume between this thread and now, Cehrazad and I'ent got together a couple times for her to teach him climbing? We can always do a new thread to show their progress if you like.
Ainokesshou

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 am

Cehrazad smiled shyly at I'ent's praise. "I don't know how I could have done any better by her," she agreed. She wasn't even sure she would have wanted to; parents with too much rank would apply much more pressure to a child than parents in the middle range of crafts and wealth. They had little to gain, little to lose, and were just happy to have a pleasant tempered child to raise. "She's happy, and she couldn't be safer without being removed from Walled Hold entirely, and her parents love her."

And I'ent agreed to check on her occasionally. If there was no real danger in her life, then Donyazad would just have the magic of periodic visits from dragonriders in her life, and if there was danger, it would hopefully be deterred. "Maybe I should hope she eats too much of her parents' cooking, and gets plump enough that slavers won't think she can work hard," Cehrazad murmured, "but I just want her to have a nice life. Nothing exciting unless she goes looking for it herself."

"And I would be more than happy to teach you what I know about climbing buildings," she added. She needed to stay in practice anyway. And maybe she could learn more useful information now. If only she could figure out how to get into Walled Hold without the local riders being immediately aware of Nahumth's arrival, there were probably places she could reach with her dragon's help that she couldn't have managed before. "We can work together on climbing trees, though, since I'm obviously not as skilled at that."

{OOC: and yes, this is a good place to end it, and Cehrazad would happily teach I'ent to climb, and be even happier that he finally seems to be less stiff with her.}
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask