Keeping an Eye Out (Kate)

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Meesh

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Mid Morning, Spring
(Leaving it ambiguous which dayhandler you want to use)

Bastija shifted impatiently as Namija finished tying the straps around her saddle, impatient to be off. The girl grinned somewhat mischeviously and tightened the straps in an overly-slow motion manner, giggling and speeding up only when the day wher growled impatiently at her. Sorry, sorry. She finally swung up onto Bastija's saddle barely having time to get settled before the black day wher rocked forward, moving to a walk then to a trot in her impatience to go go go.

Namija was lucky she had remembered to secure the supplies for a good day's ride to the back of Bastija's saddle before the black day wher had moved forward. There had been times when Bastija was far more impatient to be off on patrol - the guardian wher had a bit of an addiction to the simple act of moving around the atrician lands. She took a moment to adjust the bow and arrows at her back - big and awkward for such a small girl, but neccasary for patrols.

I hope you're not forgetting to wait like we're supposed to for our partners, silly. Namija teased her bonded, poking at the wher's back to get her attention. Bastija didn't even turn her head as she trotted past guards towards the outside of the weyr, but she finally sighed and slowed to a walk again.

Yes, yes, I am aware. Out patrol partners, woever they might be, can meet us at the entrance. Goodness knows they should know where that may be.
Kate

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:50 am

Devyn groaned a bit as the sun poked through his window. At first he rolled over and threw the pillow over his head, trying to block out the light so he could maybe get back to sleep. He had not slept well, and did not feel rested at all. He just wanted to lay in bed, but he knew, unfortunately, that he could not. He had to get up and go about his day, no matter how much he didn't want to.

Devyn, come on, it is time to get up! We have the whole day ahead of us!

As he heard Isamuyn's voice, he groaned again. "I'm up...just give a moment to get going.." He swung his feet over the bed and then got up and quickly got washed up and put some clean clothes on.

Well I will meet you at the feeding grounds after you eat then

Devyn just nodded as he finished getting ready and then he went down to the dining hall and quickly got himself some food. He knew it might take Isamuyn a bit to eat, so he knew he had time. After he ate he headed down to the feeding grounds and Isamuyn was just finishing eating. The two of them quickly made their way to the main entrance. When they got there, Devyn gave the girl a smile. "Sorry...I hope we didn't keep you waiting to long..." He felt a bit embarrassed that their partners for the day had beat them here. "I'm Devyn, and this is Isamuyn. I don't believe we've ever had the pleasure of working together before.."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Meesh

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

Bastija noticed the pair's coming before Namija did, raising her head and letting out a low huff of greeting. She actually stilled for a moment before turning and trotting over to Isamuyn, bumping her snout against his in a friendly manner.
Good morning. she told her packmate, curiosity evident in her mindvoice. She had seen her packmate from a distance before, never interacted much, and was now relishing in this opportunity to sniff Isamuyn properly up close. May our patrol go well and the hunt long. She quickly tired of the greeting though, shifting her weight in an obvious impatience to be off.

Namija for her part had clammed up upon Devyn's arrival, now making her day wher the more talkative of the pair. While Namija could chatter the ear off of her day wher or sister when called for it, now she only muttered a brief hi to the older day handler and something that might have been an attempt at a wave. "Y-you have a pretty wher." she cringed at her own words, barely squeaked out.

"We should, uhm. Let's go, yes?"

Bastija took that as an invitation, letting out a low day wher huff and trotting forward, cutting short whatever other sentences her rider may have garbled out. Namija send her a silent emotional wave of gratitude, eyes now firmly focused on the wilds ahead of them. If she didn't look at the other man perhaps she could forget he was there for their patrol?
Kate

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:08 am

Isamuyn stopped short as the younger black daywher came up to him. The chimera was still a bit leary of the other members of his pack that he hadn't actually interacted with yet. No matter what Devyn did or said to him, he just couldn't seem to get through to him that he was not on his own anymore. He was safe here, no one was going to hurt him or ridicule him or anything like that. No matter what the handler said though, old habits were hard to kick, and Isamuyn kept reminding him of that as well. Good Morning Yes I agree. Let the hunt be long, and the patrol goes without a hitch The chimera returned the greeting, and watched as the other daywher moved from foot to foot, letting out a soft rumbling chuckle. The black was just as eager as he was to get going.

Blue eyes looked at the young woman and a smile was given. "Thanks. Honestly, I still can't believe I got a daywher like him. We've been together a while now and it still doesn't feel real.." Devyn had never expected to get a daywher when he moved here, let alone a beautiful chimera like Isamuyn. A quick nod was given, "Yah you're right. We should get going..." The chimera heard his handler say that and began moving away at a walk, albeit a fast paced one.

As they headed out, Devyn's face turned red as he realized that he had never even introduced himself. A hand ran through his dark hair and he said, "By the way...sorry about my bad manners. My name is Devyn, and this is Isamuyn. It's a pleasure to be working with you guys today." He gave her a smile and said, "Let's hope nothing TOO interesting happens huh?"
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn