This Was Suppose to Be Easy - Tag: Kinali/Gallant

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:00 am

"Iolith, can reach out to anyone? There might be a caravan in the area maybe." Sid'nis asked of his blue out loud as he tried to help Kinali as the man seemed determined to move from sitting against the tree to laying on the ground. While it might seem like Kinali was pulling around, he really didn't want to take chances and wanted to get him out of here as soon as he could. Iolith was shaking a little in pain, but he was doing better than Kinali. The blue stretched out as far as he could to try and sense anyone, dragon, person, or otherwise. I'm sorry, Sid. There doesn't appear to be anyone in the area. We're quite the distance from New Atricis as well. It might take awhile before anyone flies over this area. The blue answered with disappointment. Sid cussed under his breath again. How he wished he'd have one of his pets come with him, but he didn't want them to get in the way and so left them behind. That left them staying here and waiting for someone to come by or trying to make it back closer to the weyr.

He was so concentrated on what they should do he didn't hear Kinali's mumbled and partially nonsensical rhyme. He did hear him speak the word 'rider' though. "Yes, that's right Kinali. I'm a rider. There is my dragon, Blue Iolith. We're going to get you out of here. Don't you worry." Sid assured him thought honestly the longer he was left basically alone in this situation with an injured dragon and a severely injured candidate the less sure he was of himself. He knew it was best to not move Kinali as much as possible, but if it took others too long to come find them then that would also be bad. "Iolith, do you remember seeing any place that would be better for us to stay? A cave or denser grove? Something that isn't quite as out in the open as this? I know we'll need to be somewhat visible, but I would rather not risk more felines finding us." There wasn't just felines too, but obviously they were the biggest threat. There was a hill not too far from the south of here that looked like it had a rocky overhang. Not sure how much shelter that would provide, but the high ground would be nice. Iolith provided him with an image of the place. Sid sighed as his blue showed him just how far it was too. "Well, there is no helping it. That would be a better place than here. Are you going to be okay to walk with us?" Yes, of course.

Sid poured some more water onto the cloth and patted Kinali's face. "Hey, I gotta move you, but I want to try and do this with the least about of jostling possible, alright. I'm going to try and rig together a cot that I can drag you on. I think it will keep you more still than me trying to carry you." Sid wasn't a weak man, but he too was weak from blood loss. "Iolith, keep an eye on him while I go get more materials for a fast makeshift cot." The bluerider moved back into the wooded area to gather what he could. It didn't have to be perfect, but it did have to hold up under Kinali's weight and Sid dragging him. Iolith moved a little closer to Kinali, the movement hurt his wing horribly despite Sid doing what he could to stabilize the broken part. It's just me, Kinali. We will get out of this, you'll see. Keep getting stronger. I know you can. The blue spoke to the candidate, hoping to get more of a response from him.

It took Sid the better part of half a candlemark before he got a proper cot together. He had had to improvise with his riding jacket and what was left of his tunic to make something halfway comfortable for the young candidate to lay on. Iolith would have had an easier time dragging the cot, but Sid didn't want his blue to risk getting more injured. "Okay, Kinali. Sorry that took longer." He had stopped many times while he was making the cot to check on the candidate to make sure he was alright. Sid'nis gave his health and well-being another check to be sure it was safe enough to move him. "I'm going to move you now, alright? I'm going to do this as easy as possible." Sid explained as he leaned down and hooked one of Kinali's arms around his neck as he wrapped an arm around his back. The other he gently hooked under his knees before he slowly got to his feet. He was heavier than he looked, but thankfully Sid was stronger than he looked, so it wasn't too hard for him to carry him over to the cot and then gently sat him down.

Sid adjusted him to be as comfortable as possible and made sure his broken leg wasn't going to get drug or bounced around too much. To ensure this he used what rope he had left to tie around Kinali's torso onto the cot. Again he didn't want to jostle the candidate around more than necessary. "Here's the canteen if you need it. Yell at me if you need me to stop for any reason. Iolith, you ready to move?" Sid asked as he moved to pick up the handle of the makeshift cot. I am ready, Sid'nis. I will keep my eyes and ears open as best I can. The blue assured him. Sid nodded and began to head in the direction of the hill.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Gallant

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 am

Smokey visions rampaged throughout Kinali’s mind, none of them pleasant nor easily identifiable as dreams or reality, as his body itself forcibly became repositioned, transferred to a mobile cot, and eventually dragged through the hard earth. A vastly worrisome challenge, yet also impossible to relay to his caretaker, all in due to thanks to his handicapped mental faculties. Bypassed and hardwired, the lad’s brain surged to wrestle control back of his vitals, each undertaking a disastrous failure. Notwithstanding the healer’s assistance prior, the candidate’s future drew grim chances of survival as time elapsed onwards. Without the appropriate intensive care that his body so direly needed, he would eventually pass. Sid had tried his damnedest to repair the external injures, but had only managed to calm the surface symptoms of his patient’s prospectively lethal affliction.

Pale from what had been a norm of an olive complexion, bloodshot vessels etched themselves into his sclera, an unwelcome development that flared only as his senses grappled with the severe imbalance of his internals. Even a careening glance would have been deftly observable — Kinali’s ability to reason beyond his local awareness was completely shot, his bloodloss far too extensive to promise a worthy recovery of the innocent. One night may in the wilds may yet be possible, as their outlook of recovery left thin hopes as the sun began to transpire into the edge of the horizon. Beyond that…well nights in the jungle weren’t known for their forgiving nature. Even in a peak state of health, without the proper equipment and training, any luck of surviving was grim if a hostile creature discovered them.

In the most humane, and ideal of circumstances, if he didn’t pull through in the oncoming hours there was little chance of him being able to do so in the future. Still, as dire as his condition might have been, there was a flicker of an uplift — the injured youth had regained his sensory ability of both touch and audio…at least to some degree. And while his capability of speaking was questionable at best, it signaled that his airway was at the very least clear and able of providing the vital thing his body needed the most right now — oxygen. Without it, new blood was an impossibility, the very same true of an ample supply of fresh water.

Tediously hauled through the mire of still-wet dirt from recent precipitation, the jacket of which he’d been laid upon shielded him from the roughest of impacts of which he’d faced since the transfer. It was a far cry from a smooth ride, considering the state of his hopeful savior, but given his own position…Kinali wasn’t in a spot to complain. Literally. He’d be lucky to manage a few words. Vague recognition of the conversation slipping past his ears took place, the occasional dialogue barely touching his own focus to be translated into something he could find the ability to comprehend. They were heading somewhere else — that much he had picked up, but found himself unable to respond.

He could feel it as the rough gravel dug into the heels of his now partially-shredded leggings, and the boots long since worn raw from turns of work. All things considered, he was fortunate. One more rip from the claws of that feline and his life would have been terminated — no question about it. Much as he wished that were the case, given the agony he found himself pooled in, the growing familiarity of the blue mountain’s voice pierced into his mind once more. It pleaded with him to hold on, just a bit longer, that was all they needed right? With any luck someone would come to help. His life was too short to end like this.

And then they stopped, directions changing over a somewhat rougher terrain. Coarse rocks and branches thrashed out against his back as the incline gradually sprouted, the delicate colloquy unceasing in his appeal to remain with him. Whoever the voice belonged to, the angelic thoughts were persistent — that much Kinali was grateful for, bringing him the little peace he was able. And of course…that ended there. The small of his back snagged onto something particularly sharp, wretchedly splitting him upwards into a scream. “SCORCHING STARS!” he cried out loud, writhing in pain as an distressing snap ricocheted underneath the cot of which bore him.

He was back — the demon. Torturing him, no doubt, the reaction too quick to dismiss, if the instruments hadn’t found a way to break him further from his already broken spirit. What little he’d recuperated in fortitude or resilience gone, in the matter of seconds. This had to end. Now. And yet he knew…it was only the beginning of his trial.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:49 am

Sweat poured down his face and back as he dragged Kinali behind him on the makeshift cot. The sweat made his wounds sting, but Sid wasn't the sort to give up. With Iolith constant encouragement he managed to keep going towards the hill. He was trying to be as gentle as he could with Kinali and the cot, but it wasn't exactly the smoothest of rides. As if he wasn't feeling horrible enough...the loud curse startled him and instantly made him worried. "Kinali! What is it? What's wrong?" Sid asked as he sat down his end and turned to check on the young man. "Dammit, I am so sorry about that. I'm going to make sure you're not hurt." He explained as he helped the young man to lean forward gently so as to not disturb the bad wound on his side. He kept one arm wrapped around him to hold him steady as the other lift the back of his shirt. His skin was red, but not scraped. Sid breathed in relief that Kinali wasn't hurt further. "Alright, you're okay. Sorry about that. We're almost there...okay." He laid him back down and went back to dragging him.

Sid was huffing and puffing by the time they finally got to the top of the hill. The overhand was tall enough that they would be shaded from the sun and the way the rock formation slightly curved inwards so they were slightly more protected that way. He got Kinali settled and as comfortable as possible and checked to make sure his wounds were still okay. Then, he moved over to where Iolith had settled himself and checked his wounds. Both his patients were doing as well as they possibly could. After all that work Sid had to sit down and rest. He took a drink from his canteen and then sighed as it was the last bit of water he had. "I'll go find some water in a minute. Need a breather myself first." Sid said and then laid down to just rest for a spell.

Once he'd rested up some, his arms and legs no longer burned, he got back to his feet. A promise was given to be right back before he grabbed a crossbow and canteen. He had to head back down the hill a ways to find water since he couldn't remember passing any on the way up it. Make sure you tell me if you or Kinali need anything. I'll try to not be gone too long. Sid said to his blue. We are both fine for now. I will keep you updated. Iolith assured. It took Sid awhile to find a little stream to fill his canteen with, but it was important for them to have water. He got as much as he could and then headed back.

On the way back he went a slightly different way to avoid some rather nasty thorn bushes he'd run into on the way there. His eyes and ears were open for any sort of noise or movement that might prove to be a danger to him. Because he was being so aware it was obvious to him when he came into an area that looked like it was well used. A second later he realized the heart break that had happened in that area. While there was no bodies, there was dried blood all over the place. He instantly became more on edge as he looked around to see if he could find what had been killed. There wasn't much evidence left, but from the parts he did find he assumed it was day whers. He wasn't sure what had happened, but he bet it was felines. His heart sunk further when he came across what was obviously a nest. Broken shells laid scattered, blood on most of them as well. This pack had been wrecked. He was about ready to walk on when he noticed something that looked out of place. He moved closer and wiped away some of the foliage that had been laid down to make the nest. "Well....shit..." Sid said out loud as he looked at an egg that was still very much in tact. Well, there was no way he could just leave it there with it's whole pack slaughtered.

Once the egg was held safely in his arms he continued on his way back to the hill. He supposed that he would give the egg over to the dayhandlers when he got back. They would know what to do with it. I'm heading back and I have a day wher egg with me. Sid explained. An egg? Really? Where is it's pack? The blue asked curiously. They were killed it looks like. It was the only egg that survived. Sid answered. It didn't take him too start making his way up the hill again. While he was walking he thought he felt movement from the egg. That couldn't be. He looked at it and didn't see it move so he had to have just been imagining it. He continued to walk on and then immediately felt it move again. "Son of a bitch." He said as he booked it up the hill. Iolith! This egg is hatching! What are we going to do? Sid asked with panicked. It is? Well, at least it's not a dragon egg. You did pack some food...I hope it is enough. The blue pointed out. Sid got back to the top of the hill as fast as he could. "Kinali! You awake? Got a bit of a situation here." Sid said to the injured man as he put down the rocking egg and then moved to where Iolith was so he could get what food he had brought with him.

While Sid'nis was at his dragon, searching through all of his packs to find the food he'd brought, the egg hadn't bothered to take much time in cracking and then splitting down the middle. A dark little body fell free from the pieces of the shell. It took it a moment to right itself, but once it did it looked around rather confused. Where is everyone? This isn't right. She spoke with concern. A few bugles was given to call out for the others, but there was no answer back. It was then that she noticed Kinali laying on the ground near her. What happened to you? You poor thing. Well we seem to be alone so I would think it is best if we still together. I know I'm newly hatched, but I will do my best to take care of you. The name is Nerosali. She said as she nuzzled against him. Sid then returned then with some food.
The Zealous Swirled Dayling
Chimera
Nerosali

-:- Bonded to -:-
Kinali (Gallant)
-:- Color Codes -:-
0F0F0F, 8A4655, A4808F
-:- Personality -:-
Attentive, Cordial, Confident, Outgoing, Zealous
-:- Final Size -:-
16.5 feet
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Gallant

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:24 am

By chance an hour, mayhaps two had elapsed since the jungle cat’s fateful intervention of what had otherwise promised to be an uneventful and peacefully quiet trip to gather supplies. Resources that had been intended for replenishing the healers’ stock at the weyr, yet now had been all but scrubbed from the ‘mission’, instead focused entirely on survival. They should have come with an additional person, though part of the candidate wondered if any difference would have been made by a single body. In that event, there may actually have been a death in the chaos; the two men and dragon had barely escaped by the skin of their teeth. Had Iolith himself not found the courage and might to lay down the law that Sid’nis was his, and no others, there might not have been a need for bringing the kitty to court. But…as it happened, the feline had since passed on.

Within the skies above twilight beckoned as they had encroached upon the outcropping which had been selected for their refuge, a hopeful location to hold out the night and find help in the morning. Luck…well it wasn’t exactly shining upon the trio. Their supplies had either been lost or were already pressing thin, and it was almost a certainty that the majority, if not the lot of the blueriders’ first aid kit had been expended. But for as grim as their chances dwelled, Sid had not admitted defeat. He’d instead shouldered the responsibility for the trip, and despite his own injuries managed to relocate them to a place that was not completely laden with traps and dangers. With the rocky overhang to their backs, they at least had a duo of promises going for them. One, come morning they would have high ground, and two…at least they didn’t have to worry about looking over their backs every second as darkness approached.

His eyesight was still far beyond the hopes of ideal, blurry at best, still attempting to compensate and balance for the lack of fresh blood. As his day partner returned with fresh water, an surge of panic rippled over their fireless encampment. How Sid even managed to navigate his way through the wild territory became a feat unto its own, but it seemed that Iolith had brought more than enough grace to spare for the others. His faithful words of encouragement pleaded with him to not give up and succumb, a likely sign of why he had meshed with his rider so flawlessly within the candidates’ eyes. Voices escalated as the taller bloke dropped an expletive, forthwith depositing a lurching thingamajig within Kinali’s lap. Oh this was ideal, leave the barely-conscious person with something that promised to explode in a few seconds.

Curling his forefront around the subject which threateningly oscillated, he prayed that Sid had not brought back something that would kill the two of them. Yet within the disquietude, a familiar sound or rather two resonated immediately within earshot. Something of which drew Kinali from memory into the present — he knew that sound, unmistakably. The explosive rock that had been placed before him was in fact an egg. One within seconds of hatching, only to be proven in actuality by the shatter of its sharp husk, and an alarmed bugle. Within seconds three others like it followed from the very same body, each rising in anxiety. “What have you—?” the candidate began to throw at the henceforth occupied rider, quickly finding that his own injured form was being nuzzled and spoken to in a compassionate and worrisome tone. “Shards and dust…” Kinali spoke, incredulity dripping hotly from his words, only to be reassured by the same now identifiably feminine voice. Could Sid’nis hear it? It was clearly speaking to him, though.

Forcing his eyes shut, the lad jostled his head in the gentlest manner he could muster, attempting to command fresh blood flow to his vision as the focus reopened. “Where in Faranth did you come from?” he asked, his tender voice intimately adopting a signal of worry and fearfulness, yet also clearly indicative that he was fighting with all of his willpower to remain conscious. Coherent enough to safeguard her from the dangers that lurked beyond, as she nestled up into one of his arms, which he delicately wrapped inwards towards his torso.

Sid’nis had returned, the healer somehow managing to have located a scavenged meal for the newborn and tenderly observing the creature. A flash of vacant questioning directed itself from Kinali’s cleared eyes, broadcasting towards the rider as if to wonder, ‘What in the deep seas am I supposed to do with her?’ A worried panic, yet also notably fought one to maintain the composure of a protective yet stable fixture for the dayling. Fed in an awkward silence, the star smith found himself at a loss for words, completely dumbfounded by the situation.

They didn’t have the resources to care for her, and yet he was compellingly positive that he was not going to release her back where peril lurked. And then a dark thought occurred, spiraling Kinali into the mindset which reflectively made him understand how his brother had cared for him in youth. If it came down to it, the dayling in his mind took precedence over his own life. Although he dearly hoped it wouldn’t come to that circumstance, he wouldn’t accept any alternative.

You’re safe now…” he uttered softly, his words ever quiet as the candida— what was he now? Did it matter? They weren’t at the weyr, yet regardless if Nerosali had chosen him or not, he was going to do his damnedest to ensure that she was looked after and taken care of. A pleasing chirp of accord ruffled against his torso as the dayling eagerly consumed the offering that had been presented to her by the rider. Looking upwards at last, from his previously mesmerized gaze upon the beastie, he faced his partner-in-crime. “Her name is Nerosali.

Perhaps ten minutes had passed in serenity before the alertness of the group was questioned into action, the reverberation of mighty wings flowing overhead as a gust picked up against the ground above the outcropping. Something was landing. Something big. A gulp formed within his throat as he drew his other arm guardingly around Nerosali, whispering quietly to her a promise of being there — no matter what came next.

Ripping through the air a shattering bugle tore upwards into the heavens — it was a dragon. Likely another rider; the frequency had not matched Iolith nor was he entirely certain that the blue was in ideal enough health to emit such a thunderous noise. As the sound of fire crackled overhead, the warm glow of a torch emanated, passing over the trees and clearly making a path towards the group. Someone had found them.

Verikath, get the others,” a new masculine voice announced. “Quickly!” Metallic echoes of a blade drawn from its sheath pierced into the fading gloom as the heightened invader or savior made himself known before the trio. In an unquestioning answer towards his partner, a gust picked up rapidly carrying the other beast to the skies, followed by repeated bugle of warning and cries for help.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:58 am

Sid'nis already knew that the pathetic bit of food he'd managed to find was not going to be enough for a hungry dayling. Granted, he didn't know much about them in comparison to weyrlings, but one thing was for sure...all newly hatched babies were hungry. Shit...how was this suppose to work now? He had an injured man, dragon, and now an newly hatched dayling to have to worry about. When he returned it was to the site of a small black...rose...blackrose...dayling being where the rocking egg had been. "Shards and shells..." He said under his breath as he neared and handed Kinali the food. "I suppose you ought to be the one to feed her." Was his answer to the questioning look Kinali had given to him.

Kinali wasn't the only one with a look of panic in his eyes. Already Sid's brain was thinking about different ways he could maybe go get more food immediately for the young dayling. He could go back to where they were attacked and take meat from the dead feline, but that was quite the hike and it would leave Kinali and Iolith alone and injured with the care of a newly hatched day wher to take care of. His eyes twitched from side to side as he thought of plans and then immediately dismissed them. Then he tried to think if he had passed by anything resembling food on his way here, using his perfect recall to bring to light the most minute of details. Sid...calm your mind. You're going to give yourself a migraine if you keep that up. She's not going anywhere and if she's a bit hungry for a bit, it won't be the end of her. Just....relax. Iolith said, trying to calm his rider. Sid took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Iolith was right...he was going to give himself a migraine. "Nerosali....she's a beauty. Congratulations, Kinali." Sid managed to say in a semi-calm voice before he too slid to the ground to rest his aching....everything.

In the few minutes after Nerosali had hatched, Sid had not been able to stop himself from slipping into the land of unconsciousness. It was only the excited voice of his dragon that brought him startled back into the real world. We're saved! The weyr has come! Wake up Sid'nis. We're going home. The blue said with a happy bugle as he greeted the dragon that had so loudly announced his arrival. We're injured and we have a young cub with us. Thank you so much for finding us. Iolith explained to the dragon that was now landed. Sid'nis was slow to get to his feet, but he managed by the time the unknown rider came to where they were bunkered down. Sid moved towards the figure. "Thank Faranth. We wasn't sure when we would be rescued. Feline attacked us gathering medicinal herbs. We need immediate evacuation for Kinali. He is seriously injured and in need of full medical care. He has also, apparently, bonded to a day wher cub. The sooner we get them out the better. My dragon's wing is broken and he has a severe wound in the shoulder joint. He won't be able to fly. If there are enough dragons with you it may be possible to lift him out now...if not we can wait for more to come." Sid felt as though he was throwing a bunch of words at the man...but Kinali wouldn't be out of the woods until he was truly out of the woods.
Image Image Image Image

Gallant

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:01 am

No visible facial expressions shifted underneath the sudden, albeit light oath of disbelief voiced towards his new partner. A fledgling aspect he continued to struggle grappling with the fact of being, yet seemingly remained unfazed by the surprise of his partner. Infantile as she might be, Nerosali’s mere presence demanded attention — not just from the fact she was a newborn, but of what she was and what she represented. Too many facts to conglomerate that awe felt the only suitable reaction to her existence. A surviving member of a pack in these instances, particularly one that hadn’t yet born itself into the world…the odds weren’t favorable, and few circumstances were on record of it happening. Witnessing a chimera in the the very same window? It shot any odds of repeat or likelihood into oblivion; something you didn’t need a harper to recite vows of history on.

Any form of precedence or science was against her existence, a blending of two dragonkin was not an unprecedented event…but rarity didn’t even begin to cover the story she would lead through life. Something that Kinali would likely fade as a mere nameless detail, reflected upon in songs in a few moments at best if he was lucky. Faint as his ability to process the sudden arrival was, the smith could recognize what was nuzzled up against him. Hope. A degree of faith which stalwartly clung to Nerosali, very much the same as the smile which seemed to be permanently affixed to his face since she made herself known.

Granting a silent nod of appreciation towards Sid’nis, he took the meagre offering and presented it to the dayling, uncertain of what to expect. He knew all newborn dragonkin had a voracious appetite…something their supplies wouldn’t last through, but as the newly approached rider introduced himself quietly to his counterpart, Kinali found his gaze only barely wavering from what he could only faintly realize as a new half to him. Silently holding strips of the meat to her, the blackrose devoured them happily, ever pleasingly nuzzling with a vibrant hum of affection. An awkward sensation that was something he’d witnessed from afar, yet never experienced himself and thus became an alien domain. One that he ventured into without a guide, and knew the slightest mistake could ruin everything, but could only continue placing his trust in the healer and giving the effort his all. Everything he had to offer.

Torrents of dust kicked up gently across the surface of the earth as the beating of mighty wings descended to lift the injured blue to safety, pewter dragon landing in Iolith’s place. His rider hastily dismounted, jaunting over towards where Kinali laid patiently, attempting to peel the dayling away from her bondmate. With but a squeal and a flash of red within her eyes, immediately bounding up against to hide within the naught-but-earlier-candidate’s arms, Nerosali made her thoughts on the matter obstinately present. She wasn’t leaving; not alone, and most definitely not without her other half. It was the only confirmation the others seemed to need, carefully skirting around her as she growled, only calming as the smith brushed his hand upon her gently, his free hand collecting every speck of her birth vessel that he could find.

Shells pocketed into a lined pouch, the duo was tenderly shifted to the point of which the newly arrived dragon was able to clutch them in sync of the utmost care before lifting off and making way towards Atricis. His blue rider accomplice, it seemed was not far behind, hosted by a vibrant green to which the newborn day wher hummed softly through the mental link that connected her to her bonded. A lullaby to soothe him into dreams, and extinguish the lingering anguish until the healers could tend to him once he was safe.

At last — Atricis was in sight, but a mere blink away. Hope had arrived.

~Fin~