This Was Suppose to Be Easy - Tag: Kinali/Gallant

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:43 pm

The day was off to a beautiful start. The sky was clear and there was light breeze blowing. During the winter it was normally nothing but rain, rain, and more rain, so a day like today was a blessing and not to be wasted. The infirmary was in sore need of more medicinal herbs and since he had the day off of drills, Sid volunteered to go gather what they needed. However, it wasn't a job anyone would want to do alone, therefore, he asked the Candidatemaster if he could borrow one of the candidates to come with him. This time of day they were all off doing normal candidate chores, but the master gave him the name of Kinali and an area of where Sid could find him.

Are you heading this way yet? Iolith asked almost impatiently. He was excited to get out of the weyr's territory for a bit and see the wilder parts of Pern. Plus, he hoped that this would help his rider to continue to move on from his heartache. Iolith knew that Sid was still sad, but he was getting better day by day. Doing things like work for the infirmary, their duties as riders, playing with his children, or hanging out with his friends really seemed to be doing the trick to help him recover. Not yet. I'm still heading to get our help for the day. The master said he was in the lower caverns changing glows. We'll be there shortly though, so just hold your runners. Sid responded with amusement.

It didn't take him too long roaming about the lower caverns before he came across who had to be Kinali. At least that was what the bluerider was going to assume since the man in front of him was changing glows. "Um...hello. Excuse me. I'm Sid'nis, rider of Blue Iolith. You are Kinali, yes? The Candidatemaster told me where to find you. I need an extra hand to help me gather medicinal herbs away from the weyr. Think you'd mind helping me out?" Sid'nis asked him in a friendly tone of voice. He certainly wasn't going to make the candidate come with him to gather herbs if he really didn't want to. If that happened to be the case then he would simply have to find someone else to go with him.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Gallant

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Much of his schedule had been nothing short of the ordinary, as was to be expected given the fact that Kinali found himself as a candidate. A position that, had you asked five or more turns ago, he would never have considered. But the fact of the matter remained that he always did his best to come through, or to at the very least deliver something from his promises. Or rather, an oath, in this case — which wasn’t something he would break lightly…or ever for that matter, much as he didn’t feel destined for the path. Not initially. As the months passed though, since his arrival, the smith’s viewpoint on the matter was beginning to adapt though, for the positive. The community was far less stringent than he had anticipated and not nearly as suffocating as the North had been. More importantly, he was close to his brother, and while the opportunities for the time being were routine…it was certainly better than the alternative. Anything was, really.

Looking back to his days with the holds, after having dedicated himself to finishing the apprenticeship, Kinali found great difficulty in vanquishing the ghosts of his past. Ones that brought terrors during the night, of memories that he all too much simply wished to forget. The tunnels offered him peace, and despite being one of the less popular of the ‘chores’ assigned to candidates, he was oft among the few volunteers to go for them first, just the same with numbweed, tending the garden and if time permitted — working in the crafting complex to further hone his trade. Anything to keep his mind from wandering.

It was the same every day. Well…the routine was, at least, the activities did offer some variety. And he was very much thankful for the work, busy or not. Matter of factly any opportunity he was beginning to grow a reputation as someone who went out of their way to add something to an already busy plate. The underlying motive though? That he kept quiet — he didn’t need any intruders worrying about his personal life, or rather his avoidance of it. Keeping everything cordial, professional, and expectedly of quality was beginning to plant itself once more as his modus operandi.

The lad was humming softly to himself as he interchanged the glows for the tunnels, working his hands between the thin phials of his belt to replace the substances and gently pouring the material into the holders. Soft luminescence danced across his face playfully, offering a spritely visage to the rare passerby. Serious as he might have taken his work, Kinali always held a warm heart towards others and knowingly had a knack for attempting to provision ‘fun’ into his drudgery. After all, if there was efficiency and it didn’t harm anything, what harm was there in enjoying yourself? Particularly if it kept you and those around you in a good mood. Today was a bit different though, it would seem. Tasked alone, into the recesses of the corridors that had been carved likely long before he was born.

Ears immediately perked, anticipating the voice that found itself trailing as he heard the patter of footsteps smoothly brushing across the stone. It became, as the noise grew faintly louder that the individual was heading in his direction, soon finding themselves addressing him as he finished his previous luminaria. “That’s me,” he confirmed with a beam, the effort revealing his teeth in a friendly manner for an ever brief moment. He listened to the brief address, and soon following request, nodding his head to imply his listening.

Now that was a bit of a different request. One you didn’t get all that often, or for him — expectedly. Working in the garden was one thing. But much of an interest as it was, healing wasn’t exactly a strength of his. Nor was herbalism. Ask him to navigate under the stars, or craft a fine piece from metal and glass? That he could do with ease. This…he wouldn’t turn it down, but certainly there were better people to help. And then the last words sunk in. Away from the weyr.

Blinking to clear the sensation, he smiled. “I’d be a fool to turn down an opportunity like that,” Kinali acknowledged with enthusiasm, quite prominently indicating a hint of adventure and willingness to help where he could. “Not exactly my strength, but I’ll help where I can at my best. You certain?
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:07 am

The younger man's grin was given an even wider, dimpled one back before he offered out his hand in greeting. "Pleasure to meet you, Kinali." He stated politely and pleasantly. Sid'nis was an all around friendly and happy person normally. While he was still friendly since the break up he certainly wasn't as cheerful as he normally was. It'd been a few weeks and honestly he was tired of feeling down, but nothing he did seemed to get rid of the gloom he felt. Maybe a trip out of the weyr would help. Sid really wanted to take a trip to Walled Hold to visit Mul'rec. A conversation with his oldest and closest friend was probably exactly what he needed, not that V'an hadn't done a splendid job of cheering him up the other night.

Sid was happy that Kinali agreed to help him. His concern was a common one with a lot of candidates that didn't have herbal or healing backgrounds. "Great. Thank you for helping. It's not a hard task, but certainly a faster one when you have two people working at it." He gestured for him to go ahead of him back out of the lower caverns. "Yeah, I'm certain. Trust me, you'll do just fine. When we get there I'll show you what we're looking for, then all you'll have to do is help me gather it. It'll be a breeze." Little did he know that he was lying to both of them right now.

They walked out of the lower caverns and Sid lead them to where his impatient blue was waiting. "That's Iolith there." Sid pointed out the brightly hued dragon who was making his way over to them. "He's already got everything we'll need for gathering. You've ridden before, I imagine?" He asked curiously as Iolith stopped in front of them. "Iolith, this is our help for the day. Meet Kinali. Kinali this is Iolith." Sid said with a smile for his amazing dragon. Pleasure to meet you. And thank you for helping my rider today.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Gallant

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:47 am

Gracefully accepting the offered hand, the junior was careful not to soil the rider’s palms with any of the finely grained dirt that had spread onto the bare surface of his own, after handling the interchanging of the glows. “Likewise, Sid’nis. I’m looking forward to seeing how this goes,” he acknowledged with a noticeable flair of appreciation and excitement. “Thank you, by the way. Not exactly an opportunity that pops up regularly for the candidates in my experience. Or at all, in my case,” he expressed, issuing a warm laugh upon the lattermost words.

Infectious was the blond’s cheer, even if it had been initiated by only the simplest of gestures — an introduction. It seemed to permeate the air surrounding Kinali, bolstering his spirit from the reflective state it had been earlier. Dragged from his memories into the sunlight, the candidate found himself once more in his typical optimistic and frequently spritely mood that was known to others. While he may not have radiated positivity in every moment of his life, the younger man did take pride and great pleasure out of bringing others moments of joy. To see it bestowed upon him was…well, a change of the cards. Refreshing, to say the very least, and something he jumped at the opportunity for. Whether or not the two were going to be successful, he wagered that it would be a good day overall.

Hard or not, it’s certainly a change for me. Either way, I’m glad to help — gives me exposure to meet others such as yourself, and appreciate other tasks that help keep everything running together,” Kinali admitted, brushing his hand down along the wall to grab his now-nearly-empty satchel to sling over his shoulder. Traditionally it held the lot of his tools, and whatever else he would need for the day given his frequently-moving person — today, while a lighter load was no different. Still very much a fixture that he carried from his old life, as a partial reminder and a piece of accomplishment that aided him in his future. “Healthy grain of optimism you have there,” he slipped in an amused manner, as he was led out of the caverns to find himself nearly face-to-face with the particularly awe-striking beast that laid impatiently waiting.

Backpedaling from startle for a moment, he blinked, taking in the sight as his eyes adjusted to the new light level. “I…wow,” Kinali traced aloud, a clear tone of speechlessness in his voice. He’d seen blues and greens by the dozen, but never something, or rather someone that blended between the two as a unique individual. “Sorry. I just haven’t seen a dragon like him before,” the smith explained, his eyes once more returning to his day partner out of respect, and a refraining from staring at the spectacle he had just witnessed only a moment prior. “Actually, no. I haven’t. This is probably the closest I’ve actually been to a dragon — I took a boat south.

Meekly blushing for an ever-brief second he looked away, securing his satchel, until Sid’nis’ voice had once more spoken between the two. “Wow…I umm…” he stumbled mentally, attempting to find the words to explain his thoughts about the immense being that was likely to be their companion and transport. “Delighted to have the opportunity to meet you. Sorry, I just…you’re very unique.” He turned to the man who had just recruited him, a momentary display of disbelief printed upon his face almost seeming to read aloud ‘That’s your dragon? Really? Stars and heavens that was definitely unexpected.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Sid'nis was glad that Kinali seemed the friendly sort and he was, not just willing, but wanted to meet new people and do different things. That was excellent. The bluerider had known too many hidebound people in his life. He really didn't know how anyone could be so closed minded. The wonderful and amazing things they missed out on was almost sad. "I will try to make sure that your exposure today is good then." He said as he gave the man a wide, dimpled smile again. "Yes, always optimistic. Not annoyingly so, I hope...but life is too short to see the glass half empty." Sid tried to be optimistic, though there were certainly a time in his life when he'd lost all hope and couldn't see anything good in the situation he was in. That was during his time as prisoner to a mad man in Walled Hold.

The moment's pause made Sid stop and look at Kinali to see what was wrong. He couldn't help but chuckle at the younger man's reaction to his dragon. It made him feel proud, a feeling he sent to his blue and was given the warmth of love back. "I doubt there has ever been one like him before or be one like him again. I know I'm biased, but I think he is the most stunning dragon on Pern." Iolith leaned his head down to nuzzle against his rider, almost knocking him over which made Sid laugh. "Well, it's our honor to give you your first dragon ride. Iolith, you heard the man, he's never flown before so make sure not to do anything to frightening." I promise. I will fly as easily as possible. The blue promised to both of them. Iolith could be a bit adventurous in the air when he wanted to be. His antics didn't scare Sid anymore, but to someone new they would likely.

Thank you. I rather like being unique. Iolith spoke back to Kinali. Sid gave him a moment to pull himself back together and double checked the straps holding the supplies they were taking with them. The look that his helper for the day gave him made him laugh. "Trust me...I was rather surprised a dragon like him would want to impress to me at all. I wasn't even a candidate." He tightened one of the straps and then pat the blue's flank. "Alright, if you're ready let's get going. I'll mount up first and then give you a hand." He said before he moved to mount Iolith with ease. The blue leaned down as much as he could to make it easier for Kinali to mount up as well. Sid held out a hand for him to grab if he needed it as well.
Image Image Image Image

Gallant

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:32 am

Swiftly mesmerized by the elegance that Iolith had cast upon his focus, Kinali found himself drowning in thoughts before grasping the ability to breath into his consciousness once more. For as briefly a time he had found himself unable to respond, it was upon stirring that he realized an issue: he was being addressed...directly...by both the dragon, and his rider. While breathtaking, the sensation had completely overwhelmed any forethought of what he had been prepared for when volunteering unto the task, and was not a sensation that he was eager to repeat any time soon. The air had seemingly vacated his lungs for better residences, catching word of his temporary mental paralysis.

It left him with a great deal to ponder upon for the flight, wondering if such an event could wash over him if and when he found a partner of his own. Impressing was nothing short of a unique experience for each pairing, or so he had witnessed from afar. Admittedly, it was such a fear that he would be struck by a tidal wave of thoughts and emotions that it would leave him virtually defenseless.

His perky companion for the trip seemed eager to depart, though was amply friendly towards him, going so far as to prepare the mounting ahead of his own turn. Particularly given the fact that it was an experience he had little idea on what to expect...or training. For as much as he had been drowning in dep, ponderous thoughts as of late, however, Sid'nis had seemingly found a way to grant him at least some clarity. Perhaps it was the optimism, or at least the re-assuring smiles that had been flashed at him. Something that bestowed him the ability to think all would be well, despite his own mental turmoil.

"These days, I welcome just about anything positive. It's hard to find someone who constantly thinks on the up -- I take it where I can get it. Though I'm more of a 'the glass is brimming with opportunity', rather than half full or empty..." he suggested with a playful wink, attempting to even out the fact that he had been standing there silent for a good two minutes or so. He beamed with a momentary laugh, upon the two frollicking about an uneventful flight. Taking the offered hand, he brushed himself upwards into the allocated seating for the straps. "Appreciated, but please don't adjust your own synergy for my convenience. I don't spook particularly easy." That was a white lie. Well, at least partially -- physical threats he was most certainly telling the truth. He was stubborn to a fault when those arose. Emotional ones...that was a different story, but at least neither Iolith nor Sid'nis presented such an issue. Out in the open, here he could breathe, free of panic.

Eyes flickering warmly towards the dragon which had chosen to address him specifically, he nodded. "I'd have to agree with your rider. I don't think we're going to see anyone like you, for at least while I'm alive. If not indefinitely."

Securing both himself, and his satchel, he held on, awaiting any instructions. "So...what is it exactly you're looking for, if I might ask?" the candidate inquired, the perk of an eyebrow inquisitively suggesting interest in the matter.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 am

"Wow, that is a very positive way to look at things. I may have to start thinking of the glass as 'brimming with opportunity as well." Sid'nis said with a wide grin. The playful wink almost caused him to blush a little. It'd been long enough since Ambr had dumped him that he was able to think of getting back in the dating game again. Therefore, things like winks, smirks, and outright flirting were finally beginning to affect him again. Sid was by no means a casanova of a man, instead he was the opposite, the type to blush easily at every little thing.

Sid'nis helped to pull Kinali up onto Iolith, then he strapped them both in. "Good. I'm glad to hear we won't freak you out too much. All the same...we'll make sure to take it a little easier than what we normally do. Iolith likes to be a bit adventurous when flying." He said. While he was appreciative of Kinali not wishing to change the way him and Iolith normally flew, he knew it was best for them to take it a little easier. After all, he wanted Kinali's first time flying to not be a nightmare.

"We're looking for several different things that we'll be looking for, so that means will likely be at it for a few hours. Hope that is alright." Sid'nis explained. "The infirmary is low on diaphoretics, so we are going to be looking for box and ezob. I'll show you what they look like once we find some." Thanks to an illness that had happened a few weeks back that had caused high fevers and excessive sweating, they were low on those herbs. "Alright, we're going to take off now." Sid warned as Iolith prepared himself to launch. With a mighty leap into the air and a beat of his wings downward, they were off. Once they were high enough above the ground Iolith blinked between.

They came out of the cold nothing above a densely forested area of the territory around New Atricis. Iolith flew to where there was a spot open enough for him to land in and then slowly began to spiral downwards. He landed gently with a happy croon. "Here we are." Sid said as he dismounted and then helped Kinali to dismount before he got his supplies off of the blue.
Image Image Image Image

Gallant

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:35 am

Fleeting moments had passed against the second Kinali had brushed into the holstered seat that had been allocated for him, soon finding himself being strapped in by the rider as they exchanged a brief glance towards one another, Sid’nis holding a wide grin imprinted upon his face. The other man was cheerful, or at the very least optimistic, from what the candidate was able to limitedly witness, though he held a creeping suspicion that there might have been a roguish element of adventure or mischief lurking somewhere within the air. Not from him, at least, but the way the air brushed against his tunic causing an ever-slight chill up his spine, flourishing into the barest and most infinitesimal space in time that he held a hint of embarrassment.

Everything was all…well…new, here — completely foreign. Sure, he’d witnessed flights from afar, but had never considered the possibility of actually being involved in one, thankful only for the fact that he wasn’t terrified of heights. It was a reassuring gesture, only further solidified by the confirmation that Sid’nis and Iolith would in fact be ‘taking it easy’, due to the dragon’s inclination towards the more intrepid and daring antics in flight. Admittedly, it was something that Kinali found himself having a slight drive to witness at one point, knowing fair well that while blues were not the largest of dragons, they were among the most agile.

It gave him a brief rush of adrenaline as the three quickly found themselves divorced from the earth that he’d clung to since he was a child, the ground soon behind him in toy-sized figurines. “However long you need me, not particularly worried or on a schedule. If the candidate master approved it, I’m sure it was well within their thoughts and good judgement,” the smith affirmed, a brief tone of satisfaction and eagerness to help within his voice. “Any guidance would be appreciated, on that note. Makes for an easier time for us both in the long run.” Beaming for a moment, his focus took to the skies, and soon towards the ground once more to appreciate the beauty of their surroundings.

He didn’t have long to appraise or pay respects, however, as Kinali soon felt a crashing wave of frigidity blanket him, surrounded by utter darkness. It was a sensation that made him feel closed off to the world, and utterly helpless. While not fear-inducing to the extreme, the cold had been paralytic for the moments the sensation lingered, and then just as soon as it had encountered them…it was gone. His vision had returned, and they were in a completely different area of the territory. A long minute passed, as his mind attempted to contemplate and deduce what had just taken place, attempting to purge the awful feeling from his memory. They must have just gone between — it was the only logical explanation. Something he’d heard of a thousand times over, but never personally witnessed. Oh the amount of courage and resilience the riders had to build up to that experience. Enough to chill you to the bone, and not something he was eager to repeat soon, though knew it was inevitable. There had to be a return trip.

As Iolith spiraled gently into a descent, Kinali’s focus once more returned, his head still racing from the adrenaline that had taken over and placed his body into survival mode. Although he knew it would pass with time, likely a few minutes, it took him a moment to grab a steady footing as Sid assisted him in dismounting. Something he was all too happy to do. Not for the quality of the flight, of which he held no complaints…but the method without warning. Embracing his hands onto his legs for a moment for an inhalation of air, he realized that half of the negativity had been due to the fact that for a portion of the journey he hadn’t been breathing as naturally.

Idiot, he mentally assaulted himself. The majority of the sensation could have very well been avoided had he remembered to do so. Shaking the feeling off, he rose once more, his composition a nearly-typical one for himself. “Sorry…wasn’t expecting that…flash. Nor was I prepared for it in the slightest — not your fault. Mine,” he surrendered, quick to assure his opposite and giving a curt nod to the rider. “Thanks, by the way, for helping me down.” He chuckled momentarily, contemplating on the possibility of embarrassing himself with the straps and tumbling to the cold dirt. “Can’t say I’ve been this far outside of Atricis. Beautiful."
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:31 pm

The candidate master had not given Sid a time for when he should have Kinali back. Granted, he assumed he had to be back no later than curfew, but he doubted there was any risk of them having to stay out here that long. Even if it did, Sid remembered when curfew was so he could easily have them wrap it up by then regardless if they have enough of the herbs they needed. There was always tomorrow or the next day to come back for more, though Sid would have to be back in drills tomorrow. "I'm never against anyone learning something new. I will do my best to explain whatever you'd like about the herbs we're gathering today." Sid assured him. He wasn't the best of teachers, but he wasn't horrible at it either.

Sid did give a signal for between, but it was the hand signal that all riders knew. It didn't occur to him that Kinali would not recognize what it was and he didn't think to inform the young man that they would be slipping between to get to their destination faster. After this many turns as a rider, the void of between was simply part of everyday life. Sid'nis hadn't been the biggest fan of between when they first started learning it, but now it didn't bother him. He barely even noticed how cold it was anymore.

Sid'nis dismounted after Kinali was down. He could tell the man was a bit shaken and so came to his side to see if he needed. Guilt immediately washed over him as he realized his gaffe. "No, no, it's my fault. I gave the hand signal, but didn't think to verbally warn you." A part of him assumed that Kinali would realize that going between was part of the flight today, but that just showed him why it was a bad thing to assume anything. "I'll be sure to give a warning when we're heading back. I know between can be rather troublesome to experience at first." Sid gave him a pat on the shoulder and then moved back to Iolith to get their supplies off. The guilt still hung in the air above his head. The bluerider was quite the senstitive sort, so hurting anyone or making them feel unpleasant in any way made him feel bad. However, there was nothing to be done about it now except to make sure he gave Kinali ample warning next time. "It's the least I can do considering I didn't warn you what was going to happen."

The gather baskets he sat on the ground for a moment and then got out two crossbows and quickly put them together. "Hopefully we won't need these, but it's highly advised against being out here unarmed." He explained as he handed one to Kinali and latched the other one to his belt. Then, he handed Kinali one of the baskets. "Alright, I'll show you what we're looking for." He said as he pulled out a well-used small book from his back pocket. He flipped the pages until he found what he was looking for. "Here we go...these are what we're going to look for." He pointed out the picture of the box and the ezob. "Once we find some real plants I'll show you them. The pictures work, but seeing the real thing is better. Um...let's check over this way." Sid said and pointed off to the northwest. Iolith was content to curl up in his landing spot for a nap.
Image Image Image Image

Gallant

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Kinali inhaled deeply, equally pacing his breaths to a normalized level as he took the moment alone to reflect briefly upon their excursion into the void. It was best not to dwell upon the subject, he realized, aiming him to gather his thoughts on the matter later. He was physically needed now, and it was time to get to work. Exactly the reasoning he had been asked along, particularly now that he was not as visibly shaken. Emotionally…well. That would likely wear off in time, he presumed, if the subtle implications of the rider’s mannerisms suggested anything. Sid’nis had not appeared fazed in the slightest, though even such a feat had not stopped the man from his immediate apology.

He blinked, taking the words in as an explanation for a moment, simply nodding in a solemn and embarrassed notion of thanks. There was no point in wasting time arguing whether it had been his fault from lack of experience, or his superior due to the fact that the man had been in control of the whole situation. Frankly, the smith didn’t care one way or the other. Blame was not something to be slapped on like a label of failure, and simply accepted to move on and learn from. In his eyes? That was purely his responsibility alone — not Sid’s, nor his dragon. For that reasoning alone, he painted a weak smile onto his face. “No real harm done. It’ll pass,” Kinali assured the gentle-natured bloke, nodding once more in appreciation of the more experienced lad’s forewarning in the return trip.

I probably should have assumed that would have been part of it, but…no point in dwelling upon it. We’re here in one piece. I’d say you did well.” A subtle suggestion of humor, although it held a slight taint of darkness within the subject viewed in a light manner. Of course Sid’nis had done his best to ensure that — if not for his promise of a smooth flight, then only to please the candidate master to get him back to the weyr alive. And truthfully…he didn’t worry at all on the subject, nor did it even occur to him of anything otherwise. The wilds were dangerous, but he had an experienced rider along, and a dragon. Not to mention a healer. If you were going out in an exploratory party — you couldn’t ask for better odds, as a candidate.

Gazing down to study the journal that had been produced, he took the details to mind, quickly examining the illustrations. There were fine point scratches, long since carved by a writing utensil with delicate care to ensure that there was little mistake in identifying either herb. “Intricate evergreen,” he mumbled nigh inaudibly to himself, keeping note of the leaves. “used for coughing and sweat outs…got it,” Kinali nodded gently as Sid closed the booklet. For a momentary glance, the action offered insight just how careful the smith was with his own practice.

What knowledge he’d acquired was entirely from something drawn upon paper, which was far different from the real subject. Another point that Sid himself acknowledged, as an audible rustle within the background resonated. The dragon curling up, likely content to rest after the flight or patiently wait for their return, Kinali could only assume without glancing backwards. Iolith was the only subject nearby to make such a lofty noise, to his knowledge.

Taking the offered weapon, he carefully looped it onto one of his free holsters along his own belt, safely nestled alongside the satchel of tools he brought with him nearly everywhere. It wasn’t much to work with, and he dearly hoped that he wouldn’t need either, but better prepared than sorry. Following contently behind the blue rider, a glimpse of an adventurous grin crept onto his face, happy to experience something beyond the walls of the weyr and finally signaling his recovery.