Fishing ~ Tag: Isiana/Kate

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:39 am

Lorcan had been looking forward to this day. It was a free day for the weyrlings and he had plans to go fishing. Something he hadn't done in quite some time, but always found it super relaxing. After the first mounted flights had not gone so well for Lorcan, he needed a day to simply relax. Truth be told, he had to have a day to work out his frustration and stress of facing one of his worst fears...heights...as well. The best way for him to work out frustrations was in the sparring ring. Yesterday after chores and lessons had been done, he'd gone to the sparring ring. His first opponent had been a wonderful spar and a good sport, but sadly he had to leave before Lorcan was done. The next opponent was a cocky son of a bitch that seemed to have a point to prove. Despite a few good hits from the guy, Lorcan managed to take him down. By then it was time for dinner so Lor began to take his leave. The man, a very sore loser, refused to let him leave. Soon enough things got a bit out of hand. No stranger to fights, he quickly had to defend himself against a real fight. The man managed to blacken one of his eyes, split his lip, and cracked one rib. Lor managed to cut his knuckles on the man's face as well, but in the end he was the one that walked away the victor. Thank Faranth, those that had witnessed the fight attested to the fact that Lor was only defending himself so the other man got in trouble and Lorcan only got a trip to the infirmary.

Lor wasn't the type to hold grudges though, so in the morning when he didn't feel the frustrations of the last several days he was a bit happy that the fight had happened. I think I'm going to go swim in the lake and then sleep in the sun. Hydranth told him after depositing him in the weyryard. Lorcan planned on fishing a little outside of the weyr. Sounds good, Hydra. Enjoy yourself. I'll call if I need anything. Lorcan assured his dragon as the two parted ways. His scruffy face was a bit beaten up, but happily his black eye wasn't swollen and the split on his lip was already scabbed up. A bit of blood coated the wrappings of his fingers, but the wrap on his ribs wasn't noticeable. Fishing gear in hand, he began to make his way out of the weyrbowl.

His tin of smokes was pulled out of his pocket as he walked. One was placed in his mouth before he returned the tin and then got out a firestick to light it with. Bast had been on him about starting smoking, but so far he was not listening to his brother. He'd picked it up since he couldn't drink while a weyrling. Well, that was at least the reason he told himself about why he'd picked up smoking after twenty-some turns of not smoking.

He'd just taken a deep drag from his cigarette when he noticed a familiar face. "Isiana? Hey. What are you up to?" Lorcan asked as he moved nearer to the woman who had become one of his friends. He didn't think about how his beat up visage looked as he didn't really pay much attention to the pain or stiffness of using his face or ribs. He needed to tell her about Bastian and Finn finally realizing how they felt for each other, but he didn't want to bother her if she was busy.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:42 am

She glanced around and noticed that she was almost running late. She quickly grabbed everything that she was going to need, and headed out the door. She didn't want to get in trouble for being late, and she didn't want the other candidate to think that she wasn't going to be pulling her weight. That was not what she needed right now. Isiana was still relatively new here, and felt that she still needed to be able to make some friends, and feel more comfortable here. Hopefully that would happen sooner rather than later. She just kept telling herself that this was just part of life. She needed to meet new people...WANTED to meet new people, she was just nervous about it. Thoughts of the young Weyrling and his bonded she had met a while ago came to her mind, and she couldn't help but smile just a bit. Hydranth was still as adorable as ever, and there was still something about Lorcan that had fascinated her. Unfortunately for her, it meant she couldn't get him out of her mind, and she didn't quiet know why. Sure he had been nice to her, and he WAS cute, but it was obviously something other than that. She wasn't the type to just continue to think about a guy.

Those thoughts kept coming and wouldn't leave her alone. Honestly, Loran was the last thing she needed to be worrying about right now. They had just met. Why could she not get him out of her mind? No matter what she did, her thoughts kept drifting back to him. Sure, she hoped they would meet again. He didn't seemed like a terrible person. Since they had been hanging out more, he actually seemed, kind of nice honestly. No, she needed to stop. Finally, the young woman managed to push all other thoughts that didn't have to do with the task at hand to the back of her mind.

It was easy to know now where she was going, but she still always thought she was going to be late. She did her chores, which ended up being to help fix fences in the beast pens. It was actually the only thing she had to do today. Candidates had the day off from classes, so they were free to do what they wanted once they were done with their morning chores. They quickly finished, which surprised Isiana, but hey she wasn't going to complain, and they all headed their separate ways. She headed back and got cleaned up quickly, not knowing what she was going to do for the rest of the day.

Once she was cleaned up, she decided to just go for a walk, enjoy the beautiful day. She had stopped to admire the view when she heard a voice calling out to her. A blush ran quickly to her cheeks, but she fought it back. Of course it had to be the young man she couldn't get out of her head. She smiled, "Lorcan, nice to.." The words died on her lips as she saw his face. "Geeze, you don't look so hot. Are you ok?" It took her a moment to register that he had asked he what she was up to. "Well, I'm not up to anything...we have the afternoon off, and morning chores got done a bit quicker than was actually expected.." She studied him a moment, "On your way to the infirmary?" She certainly hoped he was. He needed to make sure he took care of himself. The young woman quickly scolded herself. Who was she to think like that? He knew how to take care of himself, she didn't need to worry. But yet she did, and she just couldn't help it.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:23 pm

"Lorcan, nice to.." The words died on her lips as she saw his face. "Geeze, you don't look so hot. Are you ok?"

It took him a moment to realize what she was referring to. "Huh? Oh yeah. This- " Lorcan gestured to his bruised face. "It's nothing. I was sparring yesterday and my last sparring partner decided to take the fact he'd lost a bit too personally. I'm alright though." He explained to her as if it was nothing at all. He was use to getting into fights, whether or not that was a good thing was relative. Lorcan certainly didn't mind them as long as he was able to shake hands and let by-gones be by-gones. "However, hearing a pretty lady say I don't look so hot makes me a little less okay." Lorcan flirted with a little wink.

"Well, I'm not up to anything...we have the afternoon off, and morning chores got done a bit quicker than was actually expected.."

Lorcan took a deep inhale of his smoke and blew it out, though he made sure to not breathe out in her direction. "Afternoon off? That's nice. Today is a free day for me and Hydranth. He's sleeping up in the pavilions." He stated as he slowly began to form an idea. "If you're not up to anything would you like to join me fishing? I've got extra line, hook, and bait." While he wouldn't admit it out loud, he rather enjoyed her company. Lorcan was still rather cautious about allowing her too close to him after the luck he's had in the past.

"On your way to the infirmary?"

"N-no...I went yesterday after the incident. Not much to be done beyond putting numbweed on the cuts, letting the bruises heal, and wrapping my ribs." Lorcan explained with a small shrug. "Have you ever been fishing before?" He asked curiously. It didn't matter if she had been or not, he would be happy to teach her how if she didn't know.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:11 am

No matter how hard she tried, Isiana could not take her eyes off of the bruises on Lorcan's face. Actually, if she was being honest with herself, it wasn't really the bruises. Well, it was, but she just happened to think that the Weyrling was not really bad to look at, even with the bruises on his face. There was just something about his looks that she found herself attracted to, although she had never really let herself think about it much. The young woman was not quiet sure if she was truly ready for a relationship. Besides, while Lorcan was cute, she wasn't sure if he would even feel the same way, and why take that chance right now? They were friends, and friends were what she needed right now. Eventually a relationship would come. Thankfully, the young man's words brought her out of her thoughts and she just shook her head a bit. "Well, I'm glad to hear you are alright..." The next thing the young man said, made her blush a bit. Had he seriously just said what she thought he had? "Well....its not that you don't look good..it's just...I didn't know what to say...I never expected to see your face look like that..." So now she was just digging herself a hole, and she decided she should probably stop before she dug it any deeper than she already had.

Isiana had already gotten used to the fact that Lorcan smoked. She had never been a smoker, but she didn't mind that Lorcan did it. Maybe eventually she would start pestering him about the fact that it was not good for him, but for now, she was just going to let it be. She was pretty sure he got enough grief about it from Bastian anyway. She smiled as Lorcan mentioned Hydranth. Isiana loved the little blue dragon. It was good to know that he was relaxing and getting a nap. Dark eyes studied Lor once more as she heard his question. A smile then quickly came to her face as she tried not to answer too eagerly. "Sure, I'll go with you. Sounds like a nice thing to do to relax and unwind.." It felt weird be going somewhere alone with Lorcan. Normally the two of them were with Bast and Finn. This would be a nice time to just hang out with her friend though, even if she did think he was cute.

Isiana nodded a bit. "Oh...well...at least you got taken care of yesterday..." She found herself wondering how Bast had taken his brother coming in like that, if he had even been one of the healers on duty last night. The dark eyed woman knew that the two brothers cared for each other, so she was sure Bastian wouldn't have been happy. Lorcan's voice pulled her out of her thoughts once again. "Well, I've been fishing..yes...but only once or twice. So I'm not exactly..skilled at it.."

She scuffed her feet on the ground a bit out of embarrassment and said, "Maybe you can give me a refreasher course when we get there huh?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:49 pm

"Well, I'm glad to hear you are alright...Well....its not that you don't look good..it's just...I didn't know what to say...I never expected to see your face look like that..."

Lorcan couldn't help but chuckle a little as she failed for words a bit after his rather obvious flirtatious comment. The small voice in the back of his head told him to stop, that there was no point in flirting like this as it would likely only end in some sort of pain. However, there was something about Isiana that made him want to flirt with her and it wasn't just her looks, though he would not lie and say he didn't think she was beautiful. "Well...thank you for saying so. Um...yeah, I didn't plan on my face looking this way, but it is what it is. You should see the other guy." He said with a small chuckle. It was the truth though. Despite the fact the man had attacked him and started the fight, Lorcan had most certainly finished it. The other man had ended up knocked unconscious and had to be carried to the infirmary.

"Sure, I'll go with you. Sounds like a nice thing to do to relax and unwind.."

He was more than a little pleased that she was going to come with him fishing. While he didn't mind the alone time, he most certainly wouldn't say no to having her company as well. "I like to think so. Certainly helps me to relax and unwind." Which he needed after the last week or so with weyrling training. He fell in step with her so he could walk next to her towards the river.

"Well, I've been fishing..yes...but only once or twice. So I'm not exactly..skilled at it..Maybe you can give me a refreasher course when we get there huh?"

"Yeah, the healers were not exactly happy with me...especially Bast, but that got me taken care of." Honestly, Bast had given him a long suffering sigh when he'd found out about him getting sent to the infirmary after the fight. Bast was always worried about him, though Lorcan tried to tell him not to be. He'd even been after him about smoking, though for now Lor ignored those concerns. He liked smoking, he wanted to smoke, for now he would not give it up.

"I would be more than happy to give you a refresher course on fishing. There really isn't much to remember, so I'm sure you'll catch on before too long." Lorcan stated with a confident nod of his head. "The main point is just to have fun though and relax. As long as you're doing that then you're doing it right."
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Even that small chuckle made Isiana blush a bit. She knew that he could tell me she was having trouble finding the right words to say. Of course, he was bound to think it was because of his flirting, and honestly, he would be right. It annoyed her just a bit though that she was like this sometimes around him. It wasn't his fault. Or..well.....ok maybe it was just a bit. It seemed to her that the only time she had trouble with this, is when he was being flirty with her. It just..got her all messed up. Thankfully, Lorcan's voice brought her mind back to the here and now once again. A smile crossed her features, and then she giggled a bit. "Well, that's what they always say..." She studied him for a moment once more, dark eyes taking everything in. "Although this time, knowing how you are, I'm actually inclined to agree with you that the other guy is worse off.." Honestly, the man DID seem like the type who could beat the crap out of someone else. Isiana had just..never really seen that side, or heard of it, either. Thankfully, she was glad for that, and she honestly hoped she would never have to see that side of him. She liked him, even if it was just as a friend, exactly how he was. Even with some of his little quirks.

Isiana couldn't help but give him a small smile as they started walking. He had seemed rather pleased that she had decided to go, almost as if he had been expecting her to say no. "Well, I'm sure I'll like it as well. Besides, even if it turns out not to be my cup of tea or something like that...it sure beats sitting around by room doing nothing.." This much was true. Although, she probably wouldn't have really sat down and done nothing. She would have went for a walk or something like that. Her point was that at least being with someone else instead of alone would be less boring. Especially if that someone else was already a friend.

Isiana chuckled a bit. "Well, I would think not..especially Bast. I'm glad they got over it though. Besides, fights happen, its inevitable. Even if you had just been sparring and had gotten hurt." She shook her head a bit as he talked about Bastian. "Well, he IS your brother, and he doesn't want to see you hurt...or worse. He just cares about you. I don't blame him for that.."

The two of them headed for the river, and Isiana listened to Lorcan speak. A small laugh escaped her, "Well, I'm glad there isn't much to remember, that will certainly make it easier." She paused for a moment and then said, "Well, that also makes me feel better that I can't really mess It up as long as I'm relaxing and having fun.."

Once they reached the river, Isiana took a moment to look at it, just taking it in. The view never got old, no matter where you lived. There was just something about it that was, always inviting, and calming. She turned to Lorcan and said, "I always loved the river...even back home. I'll leave it to you to find a good spot to fish though..."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:26 am

"Well, that's what they always say...Although this time, knowing how you are, I'm actually inclined to agree with you that the other guy is worse off.."

Lorcan scratched the not bruised side of his nose as he looked about a bit sheepishly. "Well, of course that's what they all say." He agreed with her. There had been a few fights where he had come out the victor and yet still heard rumors or had people out right tell him that his opponent was going around saying that they had won, not him. Lorcan didn't really care. If those men had to lie to make them feel better, then that was their problem. "Knowing how I am? What does that mean?" He asked her curiously, though the slight flirtatious tone was still in his voice. "I did grow up with older brothers. Bastian might have gotten off easy, but I didn't." Generally the bluerider did not speak about his family other than Bastian. It wasn't that he didn't love them, he did, but a lot of times speaking about them would bring up Borrel....and that was a subject that he avoided at all costs.

"Well, I would think not..especially Bast. I'm glad they got over it though. Besides, fights happen, its inevitable. Even if you had just been sparring and had gotten hurt. Well, he IS your brother, and he doesn't want to see you hurt...or worse. He just cares about you. I don't blame him for that.."

Lorcan took another long drag from his cigarette. "Yeah, I can't blame him either, but he knows I know how to take care of myself." He assured her. He knew his brother loved him, wanted to watch over him, but Lorcan was stubborn enough to believe that he could completely take care of himself. "Oh! Did I tell you? Bastian and Finn finally figured out how the other feels for them. I know they are both candidates, but thank Faranth.... they are finally a thing now. I'm so happy for my brother. If anyone deserves that sort of happiness it is my little brother. I'm so happy for him." Lorcan explained to her, knowing that she would be thrilled about the news.

It wasn't long before they got to the river. Lorcan had finished his cigarette by then and gotten rid of it. He would likely get another before too long but for now he was fine. "Oh um....let's go down here." Lorcan said and led her to a spot under a large tree that had soft grass growing under it. He sat down his tackle box before looking at her. "Do you want me to bait your hook for you?" He asked politely.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Dark eyes danced as Isiana chuckled a bit once again. Well, at least Lor had gotten what she was trying to say. Most of the guys that she knew, and she supposed probably most guys in general, always said that the other guy looked worse, even if it wasn't true. She shook her head a bit as she heard her friend's voice again. "Easy there killer.." she teased him back. "I just meant that I know you are the type of guy who can take care of yourself, so I wouldn't expect you to let anyone else get the drop on you, ever.." It came as quiet a shock to hear that Lorcan had more brothers than just Bastian. The young man never really talked about his family much. "Ah, so you had to learn to stand up for yourself huh?" She didn't really want to act like it was a big deal that he had let her learn just that little bit about him, so she tried to play it as cool as she could for the time being.

Isiana nodded just a bit. Being the older sister, she was usually the one worrying about her brother, especially even more now that she had left. Honestly, there weren't too many people who messed with their family anyway, so she knew she didn't have much to worry about. She just knew how Bastian felt. The two of them only had each other, and neither of them wanted to see anything happen to the other. "Well, he may know you can handle yourself, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't stop him from worrying about you. I know if it was my brother, I would never be able to stop worrying...ever.."

When Lorcan gave her the news, Isiana could not help but give a little squeal of delight. "Its about time! I'm glad they finally figured it out though. They both deserve to be happy. It might be tough for them in the beginning, but I'm sure everything will work out for them." Finn and Bastian had been dancing around their feelings for each other for a while now, and the young lady could not be more happy for them. She had to admit, they were a cute couple. Well, she had thought they would be anyway. She had not actually seen them as a "couple" yet, when they were all together, she had always thought that they were cute together.

Quietly, she followed Lorcan to the spot he picked out. Since she didn't know much about fishing, she figured it would be best to just let him pick where he thought that they would have the best chance at actually catching anything. They got their poles set out and she smiled a bit, "Well, if you're offering, sure...go ahead and bait it for me..." Of course she was only teasing him a bit. Once it was baited, she took the pole from him and stood there a moment, trying to remember if there was a right or wrong way to cast or not. It HAD been quiet a while since she had done it.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:36 pm

"Easy there killer..I just meant that I know you are the type of guy who can take care of yourself, so I wouldn't expect you to let anyone else get the drop on you, ever.. Ah, so you had to learn to stand up for yourself huh?"

Lorcan couldn't help but give a hearty laugh at that. He'd never been called 'killer' before, but for some reason the way she said it was rather....well, it was rather adorable. "Okay, well, you'd be right about that. Though, I'm not so proud to say that I haven't been on the worse end of a fight on occasion." He stated honestly. "Yes, that I did. Didn't always work out in my favor, but I never just let my brothers give me a beating without having to work for it. I made it hard on them." Lorcan explained. He didn't have any hard feelings towards his brothers for being...well...brothers. He supposed that most brothers acted the same way.

"Well, he may know you can handle yourself, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't stop him from worrying about you. I know if it was my brother, I would never be able to stop worrying...ever.."

"I know he worries. He's the whole reason I came down to Atricis, honestly, but...I don't know. I suppose I'm use to being his protector. Bast was very sick when he was born and through a lot of his childhood." Lorcan was the closest to him in age so he sort of took it on himself to watch out for his little brother. Especially after the death of Borrel, that was when he began to be very protective and close to Bastian as it seemed he was the only one that could stand being around him.

"Its about time! I'm glad they finally figured it out though. They both deserve to be happy. It might be tough for them in the beginning, but I'm sure everything will work out for them."

Lorcan was a bit shocked and taken aback at the squeal Isiana gives at his news of Bastian and Finn. However, he can't help but laugh at it as well. He knew she'd be happy, but he didn't expect that sort of reaction. It, like a lot of what she did, he found cute. "Yeah, it is about time. I'm amazed two people could be so oblivious, honestly." He stated as he finished off his smoke and tossed the butt to the ground to stamp out. "I sure hope it does work out for them. Going to keep my fingers crossed at least." He was not an optimistic man normally, but in this instance he tried to be for his brother's sake.

"Well, if you're offering, sure...go ahead and bait it for me..."

"Sure, of course. I wouldn't offer if I minded." He said and then set about to get one of the wriggly worms he'd found onto the hook of the pole she would be using. He was happy now that he normally took two poles with him to fish, that way if he was by himself he had two lines to watch instead of just one. Once the worm was on the hook he spit on it, an old tradition his father had shown him and his brother that was supposedly good luck for catching bigger fish. "Here you go." He said as he offered her a readied pole, then he went about setting his own up. Once his own worm was on that was when he realized that she wasn't sure how to cast.

Lor couldn't help but smile in amusement before he sat down his pole and moved behind her. "To cast you want to hold on to part of the line, like so..." He said as he took a hold of her hand to shadow his own. "Then you want to fling it forward like this, letting go of the string, and allowing it to fly out as far as possible." The entire time he showed her, he was as close to her as he'd ever been. It sent a shiver through him, one he ignored for the time being. Still, he was reluctant to step away from behind her as she seemed to get the instructions he was given.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Dark eyes studied him for a moment, a hint of relief in them when he just kind of chuckled about the whole "killer" thing. Obviously she hadn't meant anything by it, and Isiana was glad to know that Lorcan knew that. Sometimes she knew she needed to watch what she said, but the young man never really seemed to take offense to it as long as he could tell she was teasing. She nodded slowly as she listened to him. "Well, I wouldn't expect anything less Lorcan. No one is perfect. I wouldn't think that you could win EVERY fight you were in. What I can guess though, is that you always make sure to give them a run for their money right?" As he talked about his brothers once more, a small smile came to her face. "Well, that's good. I never had any older brothers or sisters to fight with, and as a lady, I wasn't allowed to fight with my brother, but somehow, he can both stick up for ourselves to a point..." Granted, neither of them had ever had the NEED to defend themselves, but it was nice to know, just incase it ever came up. People tended not to mess with the higher class in Walled, but Isiana really did not want to get into that with Lor. Not right now anyway.

Isiana gave Lor a small smile. "I'm sure he is very appreciative of having you for a protector. I think most of the problem now is..maybe he feels like he wants to pay you back. Protect you for once. Or at least, help you protect yourself." The young Walled lady gave a small shrug. "That's just my thought on the matter." She knew her brother felt that way, although, neither of them had ever needed to be protected by the other. Their parents had already made sure of that. Isiana had done her best to shield him from things she had witnessed when SHE was a child. When her brother was older, he had even told her himself that one day, he would make sure he could do something like that for her. She had appreciated the thought, but knew it was unlikely that it would ever happen.

It took her a moment to realize that she had gotten so excited she had squealed. A blushed creeped onto her face. How could she act like that in front of Lorcan? Yes, he was cute, but there was no reason to act like a giddy idiot around him and scare him off. Thankfully, he didn't seem to be even thinking about being scared off as he spoke once again. "I can understand their obliviousness though...to a point. I mean, they are BOTH candidates. Technically they can't...be too physical with each other. So I mean, maybe that kind of deterred them? I can't really say. I do agree though. I mean, I don't know if I'd let anything stop me from telling someone that I like them.." Oh stop lying to yourself Isiana. You haven't told Lor that you like him. You are just as bad as Finn and Bast Quickly, she pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind. A nod was given. "I know what you mean, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed too. They both deserve to be happy."

Dark eyes watched Lorcan as the young man baited the hook. She probably could have figured out how to do it, but it seemed to her that it would take less time if he just did itt for her this time, since he had offered. Isiana made sure that she was watching though. If it turned out that she enjoyed fishing, then she would want to know how to do it by herself, just incase she ever came without Lor. After he was done, she gently took the rod back.

She felt him come up behind her to show her how to cast, and she couldn't help but blush a bit. He had never been this close to her, and honestly, she kind of liked it. No, she couldn't think like that. Lorcan was not the type to like girls like her, she was already pretty sure of that. Besides, she was a candidate, he was a Weyrling. It wasn't like they could actually have a relationship. Quickly, she pushed every thought like that out of her mind, trying to concentrate on what the young man was saying to her. She picked it up fairly quickly.

After she had cast her rod, she smiled a bit, "Thanks Lor...Like I said, it's been a while.." Of course he was still behind her, but he didn't seem to be AS close, probably moving away now to get back to his own fishing pole. Maybe...maybe eventually she would feel comfortable telling him that she liked him, but today was about relaxing, so it would not be today.