Rediscovering One's Self - Kate | Devyn

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue May 14, 2019 2:16 pm

To be cared for once more, especially by Devyn, brought a faint smile to Ambrosius. Though Devyn would never be Bowith, Ambrosius loved the man, and managed to find a peace in his presence. Eyes softened for Devyn when he accepted Ambrosius's offer to send Duesso to him. "Then I will do that," he assured the man while offering his hand a squeeze.

Devyn answered those delicate pulsing clenches, tightening his fingers around those of the flaxen haired man's. The silence that spanned between them as their hands remained dedicated to one another was enough for Ambrosius to notice the sudden dryness of his mouth and the burn of his heart. He swallowed against the lump that formed in his throat. Just the sight of Devyn's eyes, the way those sapphire pools seemed to drink of his countenance, was enough for Ambrosius to wet his lips in anticipation. What he hoped for, though he suspected that if he dared try, Devyn might very well reject him.

Instead, he kept himself righted and composed, for all his lips ached for him to do otherwise.

”I will be busy the next day or two, but I will try and come out again. I like being out there, although I’m pretty biased since you are there.”

A nod answered the man, thus putting away any sort of fanciful dreams of a kiss. Perhaps at a later time with minds readied and hearts open, Ambrosius and Devyn would cross that threshold to finally embrace one another, but not today. Instead, Ambrosius gave the man a final squeeze of their hands before he released him. "I look forward to it," he answered him. With a final smile, he said goodnight to Devyn with the promise of seeing him again soon.

Though Ambrosius was certain he would see Devyn in his dreams tonight.

{fin}