Like a Man on a Mission ~ { Tag } Kate/A'ric

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:47 am

He chuckled, because he knew damn well how difficult it would be between them - not really though - when their kids were in the same class together. On some level he knew the chances of that happening would be slim, but for a few moments, K'rios allowed himself the fantasy of it all. He pictured it with a grin of happiness on his face. He just wanted it, not for himself or A'ric necessarily, but for their children. He wanted to see the two of them live to those very ages and beyond, he wanted them to live rich lives and have happiness every step of the way. He wanted his little girl to have candidacy and Impression, to feel what it was like to have her other half find her on the Sands, to feel the wind on her face as her dragon took flight for the first time on its own.

He a moment he ignored what was going on around him, and didn't hear some of what A'ric was saying because of it. When he finally came to, he shook his head and had the decency to flush and look sheepish as he did so, because he normally didn't become that engrossed in his thoughts, not even about his daughter. "Wow... I'm sorry. That uh... I'm not used to that sort of thing happening. But uh, kids, you know, man? You just sort of fall in love with being a Daddy when it calling comes upon you and it never leaves."

When they arrived at their destination, he was quick to join his friend on the ground, and even quicker to pat his shoulder when they stood side by side, noticing just how much taller he stood next to the bronzerider. "We'll have a good time, good drinks, good food, good games. Come on back, pass out, like I said." He smiled and held the door open for A'ric, whispering as his friend slid through. "Welcome to the lighter side of my world, bronzeboy."
Kate

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:06 am

Talking about their children made A'ric smile, alot. Granted, he usually smiled, and he was a pretty cheerful, happy guy most of the time. There was just something about talking about Viktor that made him even happier (if that was possible). The bronze rider felt that he could just spend hours and hours talking about his son, and his son's mother. For the sake of everyone though, he tried to keep all that to a minimum. He knew K'rios, and pretty much all parents, had to try and retrain themselves when talking about their children. Honestly, his life had become so much better since he had met Kit, and since Viktor had been born. There were a few other people who had made his life better as well, like L'van and K'rios. Kit and Viktor had his heart though, more than he thought he woudl ever care for someone his young age. Quiet frankly, the bronze rider had never thought that he would be a father until later in life, yet here he was. Sometimes it still scared him, but no matter what, he knew he wouldn't change anything.

Dark eyes looked at K'rios, and A'ric had to hide his smile behind his glass for a moment. The pewter rider was not usually one to get spacey like this. Actually, A'ric was the one who was good at that. From time to time, Kit actually had to yell at him to get him to focus again. Then again, it was pretty easy for focus when Kit was around. It didn't take long for her to get his attention back on what was going on. When A'ric heard his friend's voice once more, his focus returned to him, and this time he couldn't bit back a small chuckle. "I know, I know exactly how you feel. Everytime I talk about Viktor I get the same way. I never saw myself as a dad, or at least, not for a while anyway. Sometimes I still don't know how I'll be able to raise a kid, but you're right. Once you've been called Daddy, you just don't go back. You keep wanting that. It's nice to have that. I wouldn't trade it for anything."

Once they arrived at the pub, A'ric couldn't help but look around, gawking at everything almost like he was a little kid. Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he listened to his friend. "It does sound like a good time to me, I'm glad you came and got me. It'll be good to have just a fun guys' night." As he walked through the door, he rolled his eyes playfully at what his friend said, "Now Im bronzeboy? Will you just make up your mind on a nickname already?" Of course he was just teasing the man. K'rios called him all kinds of names, and always in good fun.

A'ric made his way up to the barkeep, and ordered them each an ale, pasisng on down to K'rios. "Here's to the first of probably many tonight. He said, raising his glass in a toast.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:35 pm

K'rios lifted his glass to the bronzerider and smiled as he drank down the ale. It as the first of what would be many that night, and he knew he wasn't going to stop at just one. When he was determined to drink, he never ended at just one, even when he had to teach classes the next day. The only time he ever held off was when Bellatrix told him to, and even then he generally knew his limits. She wasn't aware of what he could and couldn't do. He knew full well what he was able to take in before it became too much. He'd only been doing shit like this since he was eighteen after all. After finishing his long drink, he set his mug down and moved to settle on one of the stool, looking around once again to see what was taking place at the tavern tonight. It was rather quiet, which would be nice for what they wanted to do that night, and they weren't likely to be bothered that night. Good. Good.

"We should grab some food, some more drinks, pick a spot to settle in a corner and begin our process for the night. Then again, if you wanted to move on to another tavern, a couple of drinks and just a bowl or two of something to snack on might better serve our needs." He chuckled when he heard his stomach rumble, knowing that he was always someone that could eat, anytime and anywhere. It had never ceased to fail - the last hatching feast he ate and ate and ate and less than an hour later when they'd settled in to have drinks together, he'd gone off to the kitchens to grab something to snack on while they sat around and chat.
Kate

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:31 am

A'ric couldn't help but smile a little as he and K'rios took a drink of their alcohol. It was good to see that the Pewter ride was having a good time already, and if A'ric was being honest, he was having a good time too. It wasn't often that he got to go out on the town, go drinking with friends or anything. Most of his time had been taken up being a Ringleader, and now he had even less time with Kit and Viktor to look after too. Not that he was complaining or anything, he loved the two of them. Taking another swig of his drink, his dark eyes looked around. It wasn't all that crowded, but it wasn't empty either. It didn't take him long to finish his first drink. The bronze rider knew that this was probably the first of at least many. A'ric new his own limit though, and he rarely ever went anywhere close to it. Thinking back, he couldn't remember the last time he had actually been completely drunk. Sure there had been a dew times where he had gotten a buzz.

People watching was actually one of his favorite things to do. Although his attention was quickly taken off the other people as K'rios spoke to him once more. A smile played on his lips and he chuckled. "Food sounds good. Another round sounds even better. If I have to pick one though, I vote for another drink first, then after that, we can order some food." For a moment, A'ric pondered the other part of what his friend had said. Was he interested in going to other taverns tonight? Or would this one be good enough? After a few moments he kind of shrugged and said, "I kind of like it here, so I think this time, we'll stay here. Maybe next time we can go from tavern to tavern. As long as that's ok with you. Don't want to ruin our night." A'ric figured K'rios wouldn't mind, but he always like to leave the option open.

A'ric finished his drink and smiled slightly, "So, if you want, I'll go order us another round, and you take care of the food." Without even really waiting for an answer, the bronze rider got up and went and got two more ales. Carrying them back he sat them on the table, taking his seat once more. "So, any luck getting us some food? Charm any of the waitresses yet?" he said in a teasing tone, just messing with his friend.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Ember

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:20 pm

While A'ric had been gone, K'rios had indeed set himself out and about to play a little. There were plenty of pretty waitresses about, more then a couple willing to allow him to try and ply his charms on them. One of them even said that if he could get through her exterior and make her grin, he and his friend could get their meal on tip alone, paid for her by her. By the time she went to put in the order, he was wearing the smile of a smug bastard and was still looking that way when A'ric returned with their drinks. "Oh, just so you know, that's more than fine with me my friend." He let the smugness linger a bit, let the question of whether he'd gotten them both lucky in the area of food wait for just a moment while he took a sip from his drink. "Just gives me incentive to drag your shiny ass out another night sometime. Makes me think we could even make a habit out of this." But that had been discussed already, so he decided now, "There we go. You just decided for us. We're going to have to make it official now. Pat yourself on the back and blame any future hangovers on yourself, bronzeboy."

It was only then that he allowed anything to slip when it came to their meal, mostly because the waitress in question came strolling by to lean against his shoulders and inform him that the food would be ready shortly, that if she wasn't the one to deliver it to them, that one of the other ladies would, but that it would be special because she was the one to have sent it his way in the first place. K'rios watched her saunter away with a smirk planted firmly on his face and a sigh sliding between his teeth and a pewter mentally giving the image of rolling eyes and he nearly snorted up a sip of ale as he thought about Iktomith doing that while trying to initiate an explanation to A'ric. "She... whew... sorry, spilled a little on myself." He dabbed up the bit from his tunic and then continued. "She said if I could charm her to the point of cracking her exterior, she'd give our meal to me free on tip. I agreed. Poor thing is going to get one heck of a tip for not knowing she shouldn't challenge me to something like that."
Kate

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 am

A'ric couldn't help but roll his eyes. Sure, he had said that really just to mess with the other man, but he also had seen just a little out of the corner of his eye. Enough to know that the waitress was there just a little longer than the bronze rider thought should be necessary to take their order. There was no doubt in the rider's mind that his friend could get any girl he wanted. K'rios was smart, funny, and honestly not bad looking at all. A soft chuckle escaped him as he thought about it. A'ric guessed he could probably get any girl he wanted as well, but there was really only one girl, and besides, he wasn't that type of guy. Even though he and Kit were not really exclusive, he still found that he didn’t really seek the company of other women. Kit sometimes sought out other men, but if the bronze rider had to guess, that had been getting less and less lately.

Smirking a bit and rolling his dark eyes, he shrugged a bit. Come on Pewterboy. You know I don’t go out very often, what makes you think you can change that?" Of course, there was a teasing tone in his voice, and he took a sip of his drink. Laughing he shook his head, "Hangover? I sure hope not. I dont think I plan on drinking THAT much." Of course, K'rios probably already knew that. In the time they had known each other, A'ric had never really been one to drink. Sure, he'd have one every once in a while with L'van, or one of his other friends, but other than that, he wasn't exactly a big drinker. Also, he wasn't one to really overindulge in drinking either. Having a hang over twice was certainly more than enough for him, and he didn't plan on making it a habit.

When the waitress came back, the bronze rider couldn't help but smirk and roll his eyes as she talked to K'rios. How did everything seem to come so easy for the other man? Maybe A'ric could have been like that if he had been more open or whatever you wanted to call it. As she walked away, the young man couldn't help but do what his friend did and watched her. A'ric had always told himself there was never really anything wrong with looking, just as long as he never did anything more. Again that was mostly part of him believing that everyone should always be faithful, even in a kind of confusing relationship like his own.

K'rios voice brought him out of his thoughts and he couldn't help but laugh as the Pewterrider dried himself off a bit. Dark eyes danced with the laughter and he couldn't help but roll them once again before he took a drink. "Well, not everyone knows that you can charm pretty much anyone. I would say you kind of have an advantage there." Shaking his head he took another sip of his drink. "So how's everything been? Pretty good?"
Ember

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:02 pm

K'rios did in fact know that. While he joked about them drinking, joked that he planned on getting A'ric drunk, he wouldn't dream of forcing it upon his friend. He himself had every intention of getting utterly smashed, but that was for himself. He wasn't going to make his friend do the same. Now if A'ric took it upon himself to follow suit, well then the pewterrider would happily oblige him. But regardless of the case, they were here to have fun first and foremost, and K'rios wasn't going to do anything to try and disrupt that fun in any way, shape, or form. "Well then, we'll just have to make sure you're the "sober" one of the two of us. You can drag me home, if you're able to. Think you can handle that at the very least? Because I don't plan on leaving the area with many of my senses attached to myself."

Considering things, K'rios nodded, and sipped from his own drink. "Yeah, things have been pretty good, I'd say. Between the little bean, and duties, I've been busy, but I've been good. I'm just glad to have a few moments off, to myself, you know what I mean?" He leaned back a moment, stretching himself, twisting his back, before sitting upright again. "I mean, things could be worse, right? I could be laid up in a bed somewhere, scored out of my mind." Not to speak ill of those that that had happened to of course, and he said a few words, albeit silently, for them. "Just... I know its going to be busy soon, you know? Before we know it, Soquilith is going to be rising, and with the huge influx of candidates... me and Bellatrix have just been losing our minds. I may not get much time in the Wings in the next few months." He shook his head. "What about you, man? How have things been with you?"
Kate

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 am

Dark eyes danced as the bronze rider chuckled once more. See, this was why he needed dot just have a day once in a while to go and be with his friends. All of his friends were fun to be around, it just so happened that the pewter rider sitting across from him was just the most fun to hang out with. A'ric had yet to find a time the two of them had hung out (even though there hadn't really been that many), where he had not had fun. Grinning still, he gave his friend a nod. "Yes don't worry. I'll keep us both out of trouble. As for dragging you home, don't worry, I'm sure I will be able to. This isn't the first time I've done this you know." Of course the last part was said teasingly, just messing with his friend. "In all seriousness though, if I can't drag you home, you can just come crash at my place for the night."

Sipping his drink, the young man listened to what his friend had to say about how things had been going for him. A'ric was glad that everything was going good for K'rios, for he felt that his friend truly deserved it. When the other rider mentioned being glad that he had some time to himself, A'ric found himself quickly nodding in agreement. Yes, it was always good to have some time for yourself. Sometimes you just needed a break from everything, and it was pretty good to know that.

When the question came back to him, he finished taking a drink and then shrugged slightly. "Honestly? The same as you really. Just been busy with Kit and Viktor. Also trying to keep my head above water trying to lead this Wing. I'm doing ok, I just don't want to slip. Plus, like you said, I have to be ready to help to with anything anyone might need with the Queen rising and all the candidates and what not." Pausing for a moment, he glanced at his drink. "There is something that is bugging me though, that I haven't really talked to anyone else about. Kit and Viktor, they are my life now. I mean, I guess mostly Viktor. Kit and I, I still don't know exactly where we stand with each other. I want to give her her space, I don't want to force her, but I don't know how long I should wait. I feel like there is something between us, but I try not to bring it up. She keeps telling me I'm free to do what I want, that we aren't exclusive. I'm just not that type of guy though. I know she doesn't want me to wait, but I really think she is worth waiting for."

Dark eyes glanced at his friend, knowing that K'rios probably had never really seen him this serious before. "Sorry, I know that was kind of a rambling mess, but, it's just, something I needed to get off my chest."
Ember

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:30 am

K'rios chuckled, because his friend wasn't wrong. It wouldn't be the first time he'd crashed at A'ric's place. He recalled the first time it had happened, and how close he'd come to almost being sick in his friend's boots. The only reason that had almost happened was because A'ric hadn't believed him when he said he shouldn't drink on an empty stomach. From that point forward, the was always a point made to ensure K'rios ate and ate and ate as much as he wanted whenever the two of them went out and did any kind of drinking together. "Oh. I know, and we both know why I'll be eating as much as I want also." He grinned and winked, because neither wanted a repeated of "Incident Zero" as K'rios tended to call it - Zero because it was the one and only time, and never again had there ever been a repeat.

He listened as his friend vented, and vented hard, having never seen him like this before it was something of a surprise. But he didn't bother trying to stop him and actually encouraged it by pouring him another drink and trying his best to make it obvious that he was listening. Sometimes that's what someone needed, was to know that they were being listened to and taken seriously. He thought about a certain pyriterider in his own life, and wondered what it would be like if he were in that same situation and didn't know if he could wait either, and nodded in response. "Honestly, if you think she's worth waiting for, man, then you wait for her. But honestly... what I would do in your position is that her by her shoulders, kiss the life out of her, and tell her she's your woman and you're waiting for her, whether she wants you to or not." He sipped from his drink. "But that's me, and I'm not sure if that's something you'd want to do or not."

After saying it, he tried to brush off the apology, because he didn't see it as something that needed an apology for. "Don't worry about it, man, really. Sometimes you really just need to get that shit off of you, or it will choke the life from you. I get that, and I'm here anytime you need to do that with me - just come calling and I'll listen. Really. And maybe I can give advice that isn't half-bad either."
Kate

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:57 pm

As K'rios chuckled, A'ric couldn't help but let his mind drift for just a moment. It had actually been quiet a while, but the last time they had done this, K'rios had ended up getting sick, and almost in his boots. The pewterrider had spent the night that night, and no matter what, the young bronze rider always made sure they got safely home, even if it meant they both one back to one of the other's apartments. Rolling his eyes playfully A'ric nodded. "Yes, neither of us will ever make that mistake again." Even the bronze rider had not felt the greatest that night after not really eating as much as he should have when he was drinking. Fortunately, A'ric ha managed to eat more than K'rios, so he hadn't felt AS crappy, but still crappy enough in his opinion.

Africa still felt just a bit weird about venting, but it seemed as though K'rios didn't mind. The young man knew that was what friends were for, but he still usually felt bad when he did stuff like that. Usually they didn't mind, but he did. Kind of weird, he knew, but it was just how he was, and he highly doubted he would be able to change it now. Africa could not help the laugh that escaped him as his friend describe what he would do in A'ric's position. "Honestly, I would do that, but I don't want her to feel like I am pressuring her. Even if I told her I'm not, I feel like she would take it that way. We both like what we have now, it's just that I, want something a little more, I just don't exactly know how to explain it to her in ways that won't put her down, or, make her mad, or anything. I really don't want to do anything that could drive her away from me." The last thing was said with a slight frown. It was the truth, he really didn't want to do anything to push her away. If they both decided they weren't more than what they were now, he still wanted to be able to stay friends with her.

Taking another sip of his drink, A'ric studied K'rios for a moment, smiling softly. "Thanks. I did need to get it off my chest, but I didn't want to ruin the mood. This is supposed to be a fun night and I don't want to bring either of us down talking about stuff like this." After another sip of his drink, and a moment to think, he said, "I really do appreciate this man. It's nice to have someone to talk to. And I hope you know that you can always talk to me too."

The bronze rider grabbed some of the food and another sip of his drink. "So, everyone is excited about the Flight and clutch. You ready to be proud of the candidates you send to the Sands? Hopefully they will make you proud, or you are a really bad teacher." A'ric gave his friend a wink and teasing voice. He knew K'rios was far from a bad teacher, but it was always fun to mess with his friend just a bit.