Meet the Family [Tag: Jaray and Halia]

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Slasher

Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:14 am

She couldn’t help but wrinkle her nose a bit at the canine mentioning, “Not to mention they slobber, and wet dog smell is horrible.” That bit was muttered slightly under her breath even as she grinned at the familiar arguments. “And the runners always smell wonderful, like dirt, sweat, and leather.” Her tone when she mentioned runnersmell was obviously affectionate. Regardless though, she let her gaze slide towards Hask and Jezebel, and it just coincidentally slid over Jaray too as she did. She couldn’t help but flick an eye briefly for the man(distraction!) before looking at her wherlet and her brothers daywher have a nose off.

It was while she was glancing that she caught wind of what Mykel was saying, and she rounded on her twin with a scowl. The anger didn’t quite reach her eyes, and her cheeks were probably red for a different reason than fury. Embarrassment was more likely and she shook her head at the story, folding her arms over her chest defensively. “Silly things would have looked so much better blue…Or even a purple! They just wouldn’t hold still…” This was again muttered slightly under her breath, and it was obvious she was still slightly perturbed about her failed plan.

She seemed more than willing for Mykel’s abrupt change in subject as she smiled and immediately shrugged her childhood embarrassment off. “Our wherlinghood is probably very similar to the one you recently graduated from, brother.” She moved then, and headed towards her green. A few steps, and right as Hask’s and Jezebel’s noses almost touched, Halia scooped up her wherlet with a surprised squawk being startled from the green. The sound immediately turned into an indignant snort, Why?! Halia smirked down at her green as she found a seat on one of the wide couches that littered half of the common area, “Quit being rude, you’re teasing her, and you know it.” Hask merely sniffed, Hask learning. and then crawled out of Halia’s lap to claim her own spot on the couch. Halia glanced suddenly as her green curled up on the stuffed cushion, “And don’t get used to this, I’m not sure they make this sort of couch for whers.”

Hask’s reply was monotone, puely logical in her own mind, Hask’s get one. That last bit was broadcast enough that all could hear it. "I can't decide if she's spoiled or not..."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Altreis

Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 pm

They are definitely twins, Jaray thought with a mental chuckle as he looked from one to the other throughout their...conversation. Neither one was paying him and Jask that much attention anymore, which was fine. Jaray sat on one of the couches and set Jask in his lap. For now the blue was still small enough that he could do that, treating him like a lap canine. Jask was stroked, had his eye ridges scratched, hugged once in a while...the blue wher couldn't help but rumble in amusement at his handler's antics. He didn't protest though; he enjoyed the attentions. Hask wasn't the one being fondled after all and he was sure she'd demand it if she could.

Mykel was amused as well it seemed, to hear that his sister had run into and bounced off of Jaray during their first encounter. Apparently it sounded just like his sister. However Jaray found that it rather sounded like him, the way he bounced from person to person and subject to subject. He really was a flit! At least, he had the attention span of one, teasing his sister with some old story from when they were kids, breaking off to ask if that was why she chose to specialize in runners, then before she could answer asking about how they were enjoying wherlinghood. Shells how was anyone supposed to keep up with him?!

Halia was no different, arguing back about canines and then the felines they apparently tried to paint blue with berries. Then she plucked Hask up and away from Jezebel, sat on a couch, and- Jaray tried to muffle a little laughter when Hask suggested Halia get a couch just for her. Then, as he thought over what he'd been watching, two siblings sniping at one another trying to get one up on each other, he burst into laughter. "Y'all are jus' like my lil' gurls!" he barked out, unable to help it. He remembered Namija and Ayami quarreling, trying to get each other into more trouble when they go into something together and he caught them. Or trying to embarrass each other. Halia and Mykel were exactly like them right now!

More rumbling joined his laughter as Jask chimed in. Jask have one, he rumbled, shifting to be more comfortable on his handler's lap.

"Don't tease her," Jaray told him, laughter turning to stern scolding in a heartbeart. No wher of his was going to behave so poorly! Jask glared at him but remained silent, going back to watching the others. What was it his handler liked so much about the flit's sibling?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Meesh

Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:01 am

Jezebel gave an unhappy snuffle. First her human had scared the blue one away, then it turned out the blue one wasn't even Halias and thus Mykels and thus hers and now the green one had also been taken from her. She let out a sad little keen, glancing from one wherlet to th other before turning back to the blue wher. Such an odd color. Day whers of his kind were a more muted grey color, but he would do fine. The rose day wher slowly began making her way over to Jaray and Jask, sniffing towards Jask curiously, wondering if she could attempt to claim the little blue for nuzzling.

Mykel was grinning at this apparent new side to his wher - apparently she couldn't resist the site and sound of little ones at all, even if they weren't technically her species. Her finally wandered over to Jezebel - it had long since passed the point where she was far too big to carry or even budge if she didn't feel like it - and nudged her a few times until she sighed in resignation and flopped up on the ground, turning slightly so her belly was exposed - the perfect wall for Mykel to lean against. He flopped on the ground (ow ow sore muscles from patrol ow) and leaned against Jezebel, glancing from one wherpair to another. "Ya both bonded pretty well. I guess the mother made some excellent choices picking y'all out for eggs." Mykel leaned back, questions dancing in his eyes. "But if the mom just picked out which egg went where without waiting for the wherlets to hatch, how did she know? Like, what if Jask wanted to be Hask and Hask wanted to be Jask?" the chattering seemed to be more habit than anything else, words just pouring out of Mykel without so much as a filter to check it.

The talk of wherlets who demanded couched had Mykel giggling through, and he turned to promise Hask. "I'll getcha some leathers from the beastcraft stocks, those are mighty comfy." he promised Hask "Jez had a pile of them herself until her teething." he bopped his rose day wher on the snout gently. "They were gone within a sevenday after that, but she was starting to outgrow the pile anyways." his then resumed his careful glancing from Halia to Jaray and back again, trying to see if he could discern anything to mercilessly make fun of Halia for.

Jaray burst out laughing then, commenting that they sounded exactlyl ike his children. Mykel grinned and would have commented then, but it was Jezebel who let out a large snorting chuffing sound, thoroughly amused. I have been visiting with this pair for months now, and I can guarantee you they are exactly like small cubs. she told Jaray, still focusing on the little blue wherlet in his arms. Especially what I've gotten of their past from Mykel's memories, they've gotten into quite the mischief.
Slasher

Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Halia sat, and she couldn’t help but glance from one man to the other. She didn’t know what she had been planning, or thinking of, when she agreed to meet her twin. And then agreed to watch Jask. Granted, before Mykel and Jezebal had blown in, it had been going well with the wherlet sitting. She felt a little bad that her exuberant twin had startled Jask so. Hask of course was a bit miffed at her own treatment, but the green recovered quickly. At the same time, the young woman felt bad that she felt bad about her twin’s enthusiasm. It was harmless, really.

Gently shaking her head, forcing her to disregard the confusing thoughts, she glanced at Jaray as he laughed, and commented that they were acting just like his girls. The young woman had to smirk at that, and for an instant, fought the urge to respond with some flirty, witty remark. Talk about giving her sibling ammo, if she acted that way. And whatever she had with Jaray, whatever passion and connection drew her to him, she wasn’t ready to define it by letting her twin in on it. She knew he already had his own suspicions anyways.

Listening to her twin, she started to open her mouth to answer, but then he kept going. She glanced at Jaray briefly, wondering if this is what it had been like when she first ran into him. She ahd been pretty bubbly, she supposed. It seemed like bonding had perhaps calmed her a bit, at least while Hask was so young, but the woman couldn’t help but chuckle at her own introspection.

And then Jezebel spoke up, and Halia couldn’t help but grin, “She sounds like an old mother hen or something.” Hask fidgeted and glanced towards Jask, and then the creeping Jezebel. Now that she wasn’t personally being stalked, the green lifted her head, and merely watched, curious as to the proceedings. But Halia glanced curiously at her twin then, her eyes narrowing slightly as she realized something. She might have noticed earlier, but with the chaos of his arrival, and then soothing Hask, she overlooked it. She suddenly frowned, "Mykel, you just came in from patrol!" Her tone was accusing, and firm, almost accusatory.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Altreis

Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:18 am

Pink looking... Jask muttered, watching Jezebel carefully. What did that weird pink wher want that she was looking at him...and getting closer...

"None of that now," Jaray whispered, giving Jask a very light swat. It was just enough to draw a quiet snort out of his wher, but he could tell Jask would behave. Jezebel was approaching slowly after all and couldn't do too much while he was on his handler's lap. Besides, before she could do more than sniff Mykel came over and her flop onto her side so he could rest against her belly.

Jask watched, intrigued. Among her other strange features Jezebel's belly looked like it might be soft and warm to cuddle against. Maybe another time he'd consider it; right now he was very comfortable in his handler's lap and knew Jaray liked having him there. When he was too big for this, then he'd consider cuddling with the pink wher. By then his handler might be able to stop touching him for more than a few minutes when they were together. Jask didn't really mind though; he knew it was because Jaray loved him and had been waiting a long time to bond. He was happy to let Jaray fondle him.

Although right then Jaray was busy trying very hard not to laugh even more. Mykel was babbling about whers and how their eggs were handed out at the Hatching by the mother. How did she know who to give them to? Jaray had no idea but he was certain there was a way. It worked didn't it? What was so amusing though was the way he chattered, every bit the wherry mouth Halia had been after she bounced off him that night.

Picking up on his thought Jask rumbled. Yes, wherry, he agreed.

The laughter Jaray had managed to contain exploded when Jezebel of all people agreed with him. Mykel and Halia were outed by a day wher! Halia's comparison of the day wher only made him laugh more but once he was able to rein the laughter in Jaray grinned at Jezebel. "Why, she really is a mother at heart!" he exclaimed. "If she lahkes cubs so much she should meet my gurls. I'm sure they'd be smitten with her." He finished speaking just in time as Halia frowned and accused her brother of coming in from patrol.

In his lap, Jask snorted. She was just first noticing that now?
Meesh

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:55 am

Mykel started guiltily as Halia made the accusation, glancing up towards his twin. "...no?" he tried, before Jezebel inclined her head towards him slightly. "Okay fine." Mykel grumbled. "But I'm on patrol all the time now and that's no excuse not to come meet Hask! I mean, I shoulda come over as soon as I heard she had hatched - besides, when else to catch up with my favorite-other-than-Mimi sister anyways?" he grinned appeasingly at Halia, then glanced towards the green wher in question. "Speaking of which, may I be permitted to give my green-wher-niece a scritch on the eyeridges? " he worked on giving his twin sister the biggest puppy-canine look he could muster. "Help a poor tired weary-from-patrol dayhandler out and humor him?" he asked of both Halia and Hask.

Jezebel had been focusing on Jask, but she swung her head to look at Jaray now, letting out a puff of air. Were she human, her eyes would have widened. You have cubs? her head tilted slightly, and she might have stood if there wasn't a Mykel leaning on her at the current. I will go see them. I will lick them so they smell like a day wher and they may bond to my children and become proper pack members. she decided. Mykel looked up at this statement and bit his lip, obviously trying to keep from giggling at this imperious statement. And I can groom them. I am very good at grooming, though Mykel does not seem to agree. a small giggle escaped from Mykel, but Jezebel was still focusing on Jaray, obviously eager.

Jez, only Day Whers are supposed to smell like day whers. Besides I think they're a little young to be bonding.

It is never too early to become part of the pack. Your sister gets cubs, this man has cubs. I want cubs too.

...I'm getting you a puppy
Slasher

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:07 pm

In all honesty, between the whirlwind arrival, the chaos of the mix up with the wherlings, Hask’s own indignant attitude, the embarrassment as her brother peered at her about Jaray, and just all of this encounter, she was glad she had noticed her twins state of exhaustion now. She was also very irritated that she hadn’t noticed it earlier. Was she truly that tired? No, that can’t be right…A gentle shake of the head as Hask stared at her, What matter pink’s tired? Halia gently glanced at her wher, “Because he’s my brother.” She turned her gaze to her twin and narrowed her eyes, “I’m going to chase you out soon, you need rest.” Her tone was stern.

And then Mykel was pleading to be able to scritch Hask, and Halia glanced at her wher, “You like it when I scritch you. He has been petting wher’s for even longer, he’s even better at it than I am. You should see, it would feel good.” She nodded and nudged her green with an elbow. Hask turned her attention onto Mykel, considering Halia’s argument before she nodded, and slid off the couch. Paddingover to Halia’s twin, she sat down and stared at him, Hask’s pet good. Pink’s pet good?

Now that her wher was occupied, Halia stood, and let her spine arch slowly, stretching. It was a habit she tired to do every morning(evening), and she hadn’t yet, so she took the opportunity to limber herself. Halia couldn’t help but grin as Jezebel spoke at Jaray, and she chuckled, “I think she likes you.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Altreis

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:13 am

Jaray bit his lip to keep from laughing more. Human flit or human canine? Mykel seemed to be some sort of hybrid of all three. Or maybe just canine; they had those same qualities that had Jask calling him a flit. The expression he made though, as he tried to placate and then beg a favor from his sister, was pure puppy. No wonder Halia cooled off so fast!

Curiosity flitted across their new bond as Jask watched. Ha, the flit was in trouble with his clutchmate. Or was he? She seemed to cave pretty quickly. Hmmm, was she really angry with him in the first place? He would have to keep a close eye on them...

It was then that Jaray got Jezebel's full attention. He'd mentioned letting her see his kids though so that was hardly surprising. The pale pink day wher seemed to love children as much if not more than he did! And if Jaray had to fight to keep a semi-straight face while Jezebel chattered about making his daughters smell like day whers and grooming them...at least he saw Mykel having to do the same. Ah, and was that a brief giggle Jaray had heard come from Mykel? He smirked at the day wherhandler, though he said nothing. At least not until Halia spoke to him. Jaray snorted at her words. "I dunno about that. I think she lahkes my gurls more," he said, chuckling. Then he looked at Jezebel and grinned. "Remahnd me to innerduce you to them sometahme."

Jask watched as Hask hopped down and stepped over to Mykel. Interesting...but then he wanted to scritch her, which felt good. Maybe that was it.

((Sad reply, sorry))
Meesh

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:38 am

"I get plenty of rest if I just sit here while petting Hask, see?" Mykel retorted. The sound he made when Hask approached him and sat was nothing short of a squeal, and the handler quickly got to work, one hand rubbing gently between the green's eyeridges while the other simply ran circles down her hide, trying to see where exactly Hask liked being scritched. Lucky for him Mykel had turns of practice first scritching canines and then Jezebel who was a lot more picky, so in his humble opinion he was now pretty much an expert! "See, I'm more energized already!" Mykel was adressing Halia still, but his voice had taken on that ofter tone reserved for animals as he now gently rubbed at Hask's snout. "Goodness, this littl'un's a beauty isn't she? Gonna grow up to be the prettiest night wher in all of Atricis I bet." He glared sternly at Hask. "Now no going around breaking all them males' hearts when you're older, that'd just be rude!"

Jezebel kept her eyes fixed on Jaray, appraising him thoughtfully. First he hadhis own wherlet, then his own human cubs? It seemed like this one had a way with attracting cubs...she would have to watch him, perhaps see how he did it. I would most enjoy meeting your cubs. she agreed, standing. Are they nearby? You smell of smaller humans.

"Gosh we can't see em now Jez!" Mykel was still scritching away at Hask. "Dincha hear 'em, he just got back from visiting them! They must be tired. 'Sides, Hask and Jask here can't see 'em yet, and would you reaaaally abandon these guys?" Jezebel hesitated at Mykel's words, but finally nodded her agreement, swinging down to look at Jask again. Perhaps I shall groom you?