Night and Day (Tag: Slasher/Halia)

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Meesh

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:21 pm

Jezebel: 8,5 months.
Mykel skipped his way merrily down the nighthandler tunnels, rose day wher scrabbling to keep up. While there was a giant grin on the Wherling's face, his Rose didn't seem all too happy about their location, nose primly in the air. They act just like smaller dragons, what with their color and hierarcy, and did you know they don't even function in packs? They're furless felines, I tell you. she gave an affronted snort as Mykel started laughing aloud, nearly falling over his own feet as they made their way down the tunnels.

It wasn't often the bonded pair made their way into the night tunnels, but this was a special ocassion. Mykel had awoken that morning to find a note taped to his door, a crypic message telling him to meet in these tunnels at sundown, just as the night whers started to wake. A rather odd message, and they might not have complied, if Mykel hadn't recognized that all-too-familiar handwriting. Whatever tricks his sister was up to, Mykel couldn't deny that he would certainly enjoy having a hand in joining in! He didn't see nearly enough of Halia these days.

Night whers were emerging from their own tunnels, and gving Mykel and Jez looks that ranged from shock to amusement, but the pair ignored them as they came to a halt at the instructed location, looking around. Huh Mykel commented as a partiularly brave brown night wher came nose to nose with Jezebel. The brown's hide was just a tad rosier than normal, and comparing the two of them - bulky night wher against chubby day wher - Mykel had to give a delighted grin. You don't look too different. Just imagine if you had been hatched one of these!

I would never! came the affronted reply.
Last edited by Meesh on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slasher

Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Mischief maker that she was, it was far too enticing to turn what could potentially be just a simple conversation into something closer to a wild goose chase. Halia did not see enough of her brother as it was, so why not have some fun with them? As the pair stood there, a young handler with a small green following her walked up, “Mykle and Jezebel? Here, I was asked to give this to you.” The woman held out a folded slip of paper, very similar to the one that had been attached to the young man’s door. Once he took it, the handler wandered off again. Upon opening it, it was scrawled merely, ‘Turn around.’

Once the rosehandler did, there was another handler already there, this time a blue. The wher had a piece of paper in his mouth, only slightly slobbery. The man took it from his wher and handed the slightly moist piece to Mykel as well, then also left. This paper, upon opening, read, ‘Turn again!’ Wasn’t this all just a bit silly? If Mykel turned once more, he would finally spot the one he had come to see. Halia was grinning cheekily behind him(finally). “Hello! I’m so glad you got my notes! I wasn’t sure if you’d find me.” She laughed and hugged her twin tightly, “It’s been too long.” She scowled and gently punched his shoulder as punishment, “But I forgive you, for Jezebel’s sake.” She reached and rubbed the rose’ eyeridges affectionately.

If one looked close, they might notice something different about her garb. Granted, it was the normal type of shirt and pants and shoes that she always wore, but there was a slight difference. And it might take one a moment to notice it, since it was subtle. Her shoulderknots. While she still had the Journeyman beastcraft ones attached, there was also a braid of white looped in with them. A subtle hint as to a change with the young woman.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Meesh

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Of course Jezebel both smelled and saw Halia long before Mykel, but the Rose simply sat down as she watched the antics, amused at the going-ons. As Mykel finally turned around for the last time and spotted his twin sister, the Wherling's greeting was both dismayed at falling for the trick so easily and happy to finally see her after Faranth knew how long. "Halia! Jez, stop hogging her all to yourself, let me say hello." Jez snorted and gave Halia a final nuzzle in thanks for rubbing her eyeridges before Mykel moved in to hug his sister, dorky grin on his face.

A grin which quickly disappeared, replaced by an expression of (obviously faked) anger as Mykel pulled back. "And where do you think you've been these past sevendays?" He shook his finger at her, the facade of annoyance slipping as his usual smile slipped through. "I haven't seen you around the Weyr at all! I mean, I've been busy with Jez, but-" His eyes settled on the white braid, jaw dropping. From there, it wasn't a far leap to what had changed. Mykel would have known if Halia had opted for a day wher - what one pack member knew, all did - and the fact that they were down here... "Night whers? Really?"

While Mykel's main feeling was shock, the wherling still processing the news, it was Jezebel who gave an unhappy snuffle. You will end up just as smelly as they are. she fussed, padding over to Halia now to give the girl a getnle nudge with her snout. And no pack to take care of you... Nevermind the twins were many times older than Jezebel, the rose day wer mothered over them just the same. At least Mykel she could always keep an eye on, but this female was important to Mykel, and thus honorary pack, and yet she was bonding to one of the incorrect whers. You'll report to your hatchmate and I at least once a sevenday, or we'll send the canines after you. Jezebel finally threatened.

"What she means to say." Mykel laughed, one arm draped around the head of his rose, the other around Halia's shoulder. "-is congrats! I mean, you'll never impress someone as pretty as my Jez, but then again I always was the prettier twin, so it's only fitting." He grinned, for a moment just as impish as his twin sister. "Ooh, and Whers have those weird naming rules, don't they? I wonder who you'll get...Halisk...Hask..." the wherling mused.
Slasher

Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Halia smirked as her brother ranted on about not seeing her for sevendays, and then he stopped. The disdain that oozed from his voice made the girl laugh, and she grabbed and hugged him again, grinning ear to ear. “Yes, really! There’s to be a Clutch soon. I didn’t want to wait forever at the chance to get my own, even if it is night time. I’m sure it won’t be as lovely looking as Jezebel.” She cooed adoringly at the rose over her twins shoulder.

At the jab about being prettier, she scowled, but the expression turned almost immediately into another grin, “It’s true, I’m destined to die an old Aunt, with a bunch of felines, I’m sure.” She nodded, all serious, “But honestly, I’m excited. Even if it means that I have to be up all night, it also means I can flub it and still come see you, in evenings and such…Besides, whers are like big runners, right?” She grinned again.

“Regardless of who I get, it will be amazing, and wonderful, and I will love it.” She squeezed her twin, “And, this was my big surprise, so…Surprise! Now you can go back to bed.” She paused, at first glance all serious about that, “Or you can hang around, or we can go wander somewhere…I don’t have any Candidate Lessons right now…It feels odd saying that.” She laughed softly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Meesh

Sat May 02, 2015 7:03 am

Mykel laughed a lighthearted response, jabbing his sister slightly with his elbow in a playful sort of fun. "An old aunt with a bunch of felines? So you finally have decided to abandon those big ol' clunky runners, huh?" His grin grew eager then. "Well why not show us around then? Topside's bound to be boring, now that all the dayfolk are asleep, and I'm sure Jez and I are the first day wher-pair to be down here. We wanna explore!" From the way Jezebel snorted at this, she disagreed with her human's desire, but Mykel wasn't wrong about day whers being rare belowground. The lower caverns were buslting with activity as the whers began to stir and get about their nightly duties, but many were giving the rose day wher a wide berth, if not outright stares. Jezebel greeted all that sniffed towards her cordially, gently nosing any wher that came within reach, but to Halia and Mykel her disdain would be apparent. Packless ones. she told the two humans privately, shaking her head.

"Well, c'mon, let's see where you'll be put to work. Seems it'll be you complaining to me about all the candidate chores this time around instead of vice versa." Having grown impatient with their standing here, Mykel picked a tunnel at random and began walking down it, squinting through the dim light. The cavern was well supplied with torches and the similar, but it was no replacement for the sun during the day, or even the bright moons when they were aboveground. Mykel wrinkled his nose after he'd gone a few feet. "Geez Hal, think you're gonna go blind after a few sevendays down here."

A thought occured to him then, and he turned back to his sister, eyesbrows furrowed in worry. "Hal, you leaving the craft? I know you think whers are just furless runners, butthe regular runners won't be convinced to go nocturnal. What're you gonna do 'bout your training?" Even Mykel spent at least one day each sevenday devoted to romping with his canines. He wasn't sure what he'd ever do without them, nevermind Jezebel as good as considered Dork and Missy to be her siblings.
Slasher

Fri May 08, 2015 1:24 pm

She remembered the days when her brother never asked questions, always quiet, and following the pack. And this new version, this young man that had decided on his own to grow, and be. It always brought a smile to her face. So she let him jab at her, and let him pick a direction, “Well, I’m still figuring out my way around down here too, so if we get lost, at least we are together!” She happily bounced after her twin.

But as he paused and turned towards her, she stopped and blinked at him, “I’m going to focus on being a Candidate for now…If I bond, then I’ll go from there. Honestly, brother, I haven’t thought about it. Runners are awake during the day, whers at night…So I suppose I’ll just see where it goes. An adventure!” She grinned cheekily at him before grabbing his arm, and hooking it through hers. “Now, come on! We have exploring to do! Oh!”

As they walked, she suddenly turned and eyed him, “Find any cute girls..or boys?” A soft cackle escaped her lips as she poked at him, her tone obviously teasing, “Jezebel is going to run at some point.” The mischievous glee she held for that fact was obviously a source of great amusement for her.

((such crap, and so behind! I am so sorry! >.< ))
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Meesh

Sat May 16, 2015 6:46 pm

It didn't take long for the day wherling to realize he was utterly and completely lost. Jezebel snorted at his realization of it: What, it took you this long to notice? but otherwise didn't say a word, attention on the whers that ocassionally passed them by. The day wher's unease was illogical, she knew, but she didn't like it down here. The night whers were her very counterparts, her opposites. Where she liked the open air, they preferred the tunnels. While her social structure resembled that of a canine, they were felines, suspicious and lithe and watching her with a sort of attention Jezebel rather disliked. She curled her teeth slightly if one got too near, but did no more than this, knowing her displays of dominance would mean nothing to the packless night whers.

Mykel was the more curious of the pair, exploring the place with the same sort of eagerness he had with everyone else. He didn't once take his eyes off of the surroundings unti he found himself face to face with his sister, blinking at her sudden question. "Gross, Hal!" he punched her in the side of the arm lightly, shaking his head with a grin. "The pack's all my friends. Can't really imagine anything more with those I've interacted with." he gave a carefree shrug, not finding anything odd in the aspect. Perhaps there were those who were seeking romance, but for the time being, Mykel hadn't felt any desire to do so, nor ayone he might want it with. He had his friends among the pack, but none were any more than just friends. "Anyways, Roses mature slow. Jez doesn't run for a good year or so."

I am plenty mature. Jezebel protested, snorting indignantly. Peeking into Mykel's mind some, and sounding more than anything like a protective older brother, for all she was the youngest of the group, Jezebel asked Halia. And you? Are there any boys or girls here you've set your eye on? Do we need to give them the talk about treating our packmate right? the day wher's lips curled, an idle threat to any who might hurt the hatchmate of her Mykel.
Slasher

Tue May 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Halia, since transferring down into the tunnels, had slowly fallen in love with the night whers. They were like hyper-intelligent runners, and she was hooked. Of course, she would always love her brothers Rose. After all, Jezebel was amazing in so many ways! With a warm smile, she followed her twin, and his wher. The rose seemed a bit uncomfortable with their surroundings, and Halia couldn’t help but be a bit amused by it. With a grin, she hopped into a jog to catch up with her twin, and lay an arm on his shoulder.

She was about to offer another snarky comment when Jezebel’s question caught her, “What? Oh, of course not. There seems to be hardly any other wher candidates, most seem to be girls, and I’ve no interest in that.” She laughed softly, and shook her head, “No, I’m far too interested in just seeing what I end up with as a partner, if anything.” She bounced and glanced around, “We ended up by the store rooms. How did this even happen? Mykel, trying to get us lost.” The girl chuckled again and playfully nudged her twin.

((so sorry its taken so long! *dies*))
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage