Whittling the Night Away [tag Elarinya/Slasher]

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:01 pm

“It’s good you’re doing what you can for your daughter. I’m sure she appreciates it.”

Carver smiled widely as he thought of his little girl. She was so wonderful and perfect in all her terrible two stage. "I certainly try. Her creche mother is wonderful too. I take care of her myself as often as I can, but...being a handler makes it hard to do so all the time. She enjoys playing with my girlfriend's little girls." The little doll held in his hand was soon passed back over the table to sit in front of Rinya. "Keep it. Every girl should own one doll in their life." Whether or not she'd meant to show it, he had noticed the sorrow in her voice when she had said she never had any dolls growing up.

“How old is your daughter?”

"She's at the terrible two stage. Honestly though, she's not that bad. Really, the worst is her thinking everything is hers." Carver chuckled. The 'mine' stage could also be an apt name for the terrible twos. "What about you? Do you have any children?" He asked, not wanting all the conversation to be about himself and his daughter, though he could speak of Madilynn for hours.

Play good. Play fun. Carvesk's fun, but no play well. Bad leg. Carvesk spoke to the prism, though perhaps Elarisk had the right of it by dozing. The fire was warm and he didn't think that his handler was ready to head home quite yet. A nap would be nice.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Slasher

Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Elarinya nodded a bit as the whittler spoke of his daughter, and the time she spent in the creche. All the children usually stayed in the creche, at least during their parents working hours. Or at least until they were old enough to be of help wherever their parents were, such as the lower caverns and kitchens. But it was good that he spent what time he could with the girl. Rinya felt two things. She felt a bit of sorrow for her own lack luster childhood, but she was also warmed by this man and his obvious parental affection.

As he passed the wooden doll back over, she blinked and stared down at it a moment. Leaning forward and lifting the toy, she eyed it carefully again. A foreign wave of emotion rolled through her, but years of practice didn’t let it show too obviously on her face, or in her eyes. Glancing up, she smiled warmly at him, “Thank you…I’ll treasure it.” She held the doll idly in her hand, listening to him talk about how his daughter felt everything was hers. The woman couldn’t help but grin as he detailed the ‘mines’. Her chuckle matched his as she imagined it.

And then he asked her if she had any. The woman’s eyes widened, and she bit back a giggle as she shook her head, “Me? Oh, goodness no! I’m not entirely sure I would know what to do with one, even. No, no, I’m far too busy for romance. There’s so much to explore here!” She shook her head with a grin. The very thought of it made her laugh, even if deep down she wouldn’t mind, necessarily. “I’ve always liked children, of all ages, but one of my own? No, I’m not sure how great of a mother I would be.” She chuckled again, shaking her head, “Elarisk is enough of a child for me, anyways.” The love in her tone was obvious there, and it was matched by a soft warble from the Prism by the fire.

His warble was quiet though, a bit half-asleep as the wher’s dozed. It almost felt like the heat was a blanket, a wrapping of warmth that soothed aching bones and flesh. The Bronze’s words registered with the Prism, but the beast was a bit asleep, so merely grunted softly in response.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:23 pm

“Me? Oh, goodness no! I’m not entirely sure I would know what to do with one, even. No, no, I’m far too busy for romance. There’s so much to explore here!”

Carver couldn't help but chuckle at her immediate response. "That was my initial reaction when I found out I was going to be a father. I really didn't think I would have any idea what to do with a baby, but...it surprising how natural it feels." He wished that his daughter's birth hadn't been surrounded by such sorrow, but he was grateful that he at least had her. "I can't say I blame you. This place is huge and so much different than the north. If Carvesk and I could explore more, we would." He had a distinct curiosity to see what sort of trees grew in the south that didn't in the north. Then test that wood to see what sort of properties it had.

“I’ve always liked children, of all ages, but one of my own? No, I’m not sure how great of a mother I would be.”

"I'm sure you'd be better than you think you would be. I've always been told parenting is more natural for women anyways." Carver said as he continued to carve on the other doll. It was almost done, just needed the mouth better formed. "Yeah, they certainly can be like children. Over grown children." Carver agreed with her sentiment, though there was also nothing but love in his voice for his wher. Silence fell around them for a bit and Carver realized what time it was becoming.

"Well, Rinya, it was a pleasure to meet you. Carvesk and I have to go meet Vexill for lunch." He explained with a smile as he put up his tools and the other little doll into a satchel. Then he grabbed his cane and stood up with some obvious stiffness. "I can paint that for you too if you want. I have a shop in the craft halls and if there is anything else you might need or want, let me know. I'm always open for projects. Big or little." He reached his hand out and shook hers. "Now that we've been introduced I'm sure I'll be talking to you more. Maybe we'll have patrols together sometime." He said with a friendly smile before him and Carvesk left the common area.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash