Dancing with the Stars | Tag: Feraliss(Ember)

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Slasher

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:45 pm

She walked over to him and leaned down, first thing she had in her hands being a waterskin, ”Shut up, and drink.” She either didn't care about what he said, or chose to ignore it for the time being. Or if she just decided to be a bitch because he called her Tali, but she definitely couldn't be called gentle in her ministrations. After he'd drank his fill of the water, she set it aside, but within easy reach if he wanted more. He was obviously dehydrated, among other things.

Then she turned and took a wet rag, lightly starting to clean off the dried blood and dirt. ”Shells, did you roll around in a-” But she stopped as her hand revealed more of the bruising beneath the dirt, her voice pausing as she continued gently gliding the wet rag over him, careful not to press hard, but firm enough to get at least his skin dry. She was no healer, but there was obviously several broken ribs, and some internal bleeding that may or may not be super fresh. Various cuts and slices that were the result of no natural fall or accidental spill into the brush or thorns. He had been tortured. Because of her. Because he had killed his father for her. Because he had protected her and where she might go.

Her hand went still for a few moments, then she suddenly stood and went back to the table, retrieving a small sewing kit, and a fresh rag before returning, ”I don't care if they come here, they can't make me....or you, go back. Not down here. Down here, they have no power.” She sounded resolved, though there was the slight hinting of doubt in the back of her voice. After his torso was as clean as a wet rag might get it, she pulled the needle and thread out, eyeing the bigger cuts with obvious intention of stitching.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:24 am

He grunted in response. Perhaps she was right. They hadn't seen the direction he'd gone off in when he'd given them the slip the last time, so maybe he was in the clear. Then again, it might only be a matter of time before they realized he'd gone to the South. His brother, unlike his father, took more stock on the deep continent. He grimaced when she went to get the thread and needle, but wouldn't move an inch as she worked. It was either this or dealing with the healers, and he'd much rather deal with her hand. She'd sewn enough of his flesh anyway to know how to expertly sign it back into place.

"I'll keep that in mind, but you would do well not to drift far beyond the bounds of this place nonetheless. I can't protect you from them if they did manage to track me here." And then he'd have to run again, or allow himself be taken by the Weyr's authorities. But even then, it would be worth it. He didn't think he had the strength to run if that happened a second time. "How many sets of stitches do you think I'm going to need? I never got the chance to stop and assess things, even on the fucking boat." On account of being chased by people that wanted to see him dead...
Slasher

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 pm

As soon as she had an idea on how and where she wanted to stitch which wound of his, she set to work. It was quick work, something she had become adept at in her years before, and after him. It was oddly often that he would become wounded, and she would have to tend to it. It almost felt natural by this point. As to how many...She shrugged at his question, ”We'll see by the time I'm done.” The needle moved swiftly as she pulled his skin together, perhaps only slightly rougher than needed. Perhaps it was her own bit of petty revenge she was still exacting on him, even if his injuries were her fault. Sort of.

A small wave of guilt passed over her as she worked, but the woman rapidly pushed any such thoughts away. This was not her fault, she would not let it be. He didn't have to save her...Though she was grateful. With a sudden sigh, she tied off her current stitch job, and looked hard at him, ”Why did you kill him? He was your father.”

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:14 am

Thee was little to stop him from wincing as she stitched him up. Even so, he did a good job of hiding any hint of pain as she worked on his stitching, even as she roughed up her work, however unnecessary that was of her to do so. He watched her, knowing she was efficient nonetheless, because that's how she had been "trained" to be when she'd originally been under his thumb. It made him frown to think of how she'd been treated under his "care" and he honestly wished he could have done more to protect her. Too little, too late, he thought, but at least he'd done something in the end. However small a thing that had been.

"Because you didn't deserve the shit he was trying to do to you." No one did, but... that hadn't been the only reason he'd stopped his father, he just didn't have the fucking nerve to say it straight to her face. Astral, from his perch, hissed as his human hurt, and while the man didn't say anything out loud, the blue firelizard could certainly feel it. "All I remember through the haze that overtook me was that I saw him with you, and it just... surrounded me. I couldn't let him do it, I wasn't going to let him do it. I'd let so much happen in that fucking camp, and that had been the last of it. I snapped."

Slasher

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:05 pm

She glanced up at him as she worked, ignoring the hissing flitter on his perch. There was something in Feraliss' voice, in his face, that wasn't there before. She was fairly certain he was telling the truth, when he said he had had enough. But then why...She sighed a bit to herself as she finished off the last stitch, and shrugged, ”So you had enough. Good for you.” What was she supposed to say to that? ”Regardless of you snapping....thank you.” It felt bitter on her lips, and she stood to avoid any more words on it, turning to pick up the bits of first aid supplies that were near.

Tucking the used rags and bandages away in the bin, she turned and looked at him, ”What are you going to do now? You aren't going to die here, not now at least...But if you're going to insist on staying here, you'll have to do something useful.” She folded her arms over herself, almost as another small way to separate herself from him, from their past together. She had just wanted to move on, and then he had showed up again. And if she were to be honest with herself(which screw that, no thank you), she was rather glad to have him around.

Image x7
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:12 pm

He would have lifted his shoulders if that were at all possible, but doing so hurt, and moving hurt, and fuck, everything hurt at the moment. So he lifted his shoulders before falling back down again and closing his eyes against the wave of nausea that came with the flashes of pain and willed them both to pass quickly enough. It was as though his body were ringing bells and whistles, telling his brain that now that the danger had passed - for the most part, because in all reality he didn't truly know if it had or not - it was perfectly acceptable to do all sorts of things wrong, and he hated it.

"I have no fucking clue what I'm going to do." He croaked, and that was the truth. He'd spent his entire life with the raiders, it was in his blood, he was a savage as Pern would label him. He was supposed to spend his life in some primitive jail at this point, or on some deserted island to try and scavenge a life around Thread if they even allowed him to live for all the shit he'd done and been involved with. "Too old to craft, too old to Impress..." He snorted at that.

What kind of dragon would even want a piece of shit like him?

He wanted so bad to stretch and felt his body attempt to do so. How long had it been since he'd allowed himself a moment to stretch out, to relax, to be truly comfortable? It shocked him to realize he'd never had that moment. "I suppose I'll figure it out. Right now, I have to just depend on my stubborn pride to drag me through healing so I don't die on your cot. Though I suppose I should get the fuck out of here so you don't get in trouble for having a half-dead man..." He realized then that he had no idea what it was that she was doing at the Weyr and he cracked open an eye to peer at her. "What is it that you do?"

Slasher

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Her mind seemed to finish his words, even if she didn't speak them out loud, ”Too old to craft, too old to Impress...” and her thoughts automatically filled in, Not to a wher.... But she wasn't about to offer him her own path, right? As he spoke, she continued putting things away, tidying the room up a bit after she had pulled all the various supplies out. And when he spoke of leaving before she got in trouble...He wasn't wrong. Turning to say as much, she was a bit caught by the question. Blinking, she scowled, then sighed.

”I'm a Wher Candidate. You've heard of the kind I mean...The big, nocturnal ones, that bond much like dragons do. I'll Impress one someday, and until then I do chores around the Tunnels, and the Weyr. There's a few classes I go to as well, learning about wher anatomy, and the like...A lot of those are easy, things we always did in camp anyways, like harness repair.” She eyed him, then smirked, ”You should Stand too. It's not like dragons, you don't have to be Searched...And there's no age limit.” She leaned back on the table, folding her arms over her chest as she eyed him, ”Free food, clothes, a room...”

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 pm

He should leave after this. Take Astral and just continue on his way. But there was safety in the Weyr, if he thought about it. And with a wher... He leaned back again and scratched his cheek, winced when his fingers came across the bruise that would rest there for several more days. With a frown, he decided he would actually rise to the challenge she was presenting him with, because that's exactly what she was proabably trying to press him not to do. So hew would guess - push him one way in the hopes his stubborn ass would travel in the other direction.

"That sounds like a good catch. Fuck knows I have nothing else to my name, and if I can do something to keep myself busy enough..." Granted, he'd need to come up wit ha few stories to explain where he'd come from, but he'd manage well enough if he needed to, he supposed. "Fine, give me a few moments here, then I'll find who I need to speak to and present myself. I suppose they'll need another one or two."

Slasher

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Oh, aye, the more the merrier, right? It seemed like a lot of people always wanted to try for a dragon, because they were more...what? She honestly rather liked the whers more. They were smaller, easier to care for, more hardy and strong, not to mention surprisingly agile on the ground. When not air born, dragons were not necessarily swift or graceful. But whers...There was a languid movement to them that allowed them to thread through the thick forests with seemingly effortless grace. She was sure the Handlers wouldn't say no to another set of hands around the place, and more choice for the next clutch.

”I'll take you to the proper people, but then you're on your own.” Once he was ready, she headed for the door, leading them out before closing it. She had a small satchel of the bloodied rags to be dropped off at the launders. It wouldn't do for anyone to see them in her rooms, and she could always say she was running an errand for the infirmary to drop the soiled linens off. Once she dropped him with the leaders, she went on her way, secretly hoping to not ever have to really interact with him again, yet at the same time kind of hoping she did. Shard it all.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage