The Fallen Vindicated <Tag Sterling>

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
LdyPayne

Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Inggharudube had watched from a distance whenever he wasn't off on patrol duty or pursuing his latest bounty. Learning one of the Daywher Handlers had been a murderer who escaped from Walled Hold irked him. The bronze Handler felt he should have known and collected on that bounty but as it was, there was anything he could so about it. What it did have him do was pay more attention to those around him. As he was only really interested in escaped slaves, murderers and other more serious criminals he didn't mind people like Ferghas, especially if they were useful to him.

Besides his secondary source of income he had been waiting for the right time to approach the woman he watched from a distance. He had no issue approaching her, he wasn't some shy boy who stammered incoherently the moment a pretty face looked his way. The reason Inggharudube held off this long was because Sterling had two new wherlets to raise and train and that took plenty of time out of even an experienced Handler's day. There was also the fact what he wanted to give her took longer to prepare than he expected.

Tonight however was her free day and he arranged with a message sent by Goad, his bronze starlizard to meet Sterling in the Wherhandler common area. He was also interested in meeting her new Whers who would be nearly full grown by now. Inggharusk accompanied him, also eager to meet the wherlets though he saw them plenty in the past. He didn't officially meet them so as far as the Bronze was concerned this was a special meeting for him too.

His surprise for Sterling was carefully wrapped and currently secured to Inggharusk's harness, keeping it a surprise for as long as possible. Leaning against the cavern wall he waited for Sterling to come join him. After giving her his gift he hoped she would be interested in spending some time together. He remembered the rules of Wherlinghood so knew he would have to restrain himself but it wouldn't be that long before Sterling was a full Wherhandler once more.

"What do you think, Inggharusk, will she be on time or late?" He asked his bronze, more to kill time than thinking Sterling would be late to show up at the arranged time.

<She be here,> the bronze Wher replied. His Handler grunted for a response. Inggharusk chortled in amusement. He could tell his Handler was eager to see Sterling, eager to see her reaction to his gift even if he'll never admit it.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:31 am

Since bonding to her two whers, Sterling's life had been pretty much fully dedicated to raising and training the two wherlets into well adjusted whers that could join the guard of the Weyr. Her wherlets though, weren't wherlets really anymore, closer to being full adult whers than they were to baby whers now. The blue and green both sported their adult ridges and proportions for the most part, even their hide had roughened to the texture of adult wher hide. Now they just had a bit more growing to do to reach their full adult sizes, but so far it looked like the two were going to be the same size exactly in adulthood. With Sterling and her whers being so close to graduation now, the remainder of her wherlinghood was more like time just to get her whers trained up for work, and now that her whers were older and becoming ever more independent she had more time on her hands than she had before. That was why when Sterling had gotten the message from Inggharudube's bronze Goad, she was able to respond and arrange to meet with him.

Sterling had taken out her whers for a scrub down by the lake the night before, in part so they would be presentable for meeting Inggharudube and Inggharusk, but also because they had just needed it. Before meeting with him that night, Sterling did make sure her hair was combed through and done so it wasn't all over the place, though she noted that the growing fuzz of hair on the side of her head was getting a little long. Perhaps she would get it shaved back down right before her return to Wherhandler status, for now it was fine though. Once ready, she whistled to her two whers, who both looked up from their shared wallow before moving to sit up.

*Time to go you two.* She told them both, having already explained to them what they were doing and who they would be meeting. They hadn't had a chance to meet Inggharudube and Inggahrusk, so Sterling had made sure to make it clear what was going on and who the pair was so they would understand what was going on. So the pair got up from their wallow obediently, shook themselves off, and followed Sterling out of their den and though the cave hallways that was their main home. They'd spent a lot of their growing lives running about these tunnels when they couldn't be outside, and now, they padded along with Sterling quite obediently.

*Stersk's excited?* The blue asked her, snuffling his nose against her shoulder as they walked, earning him a playful knuckle tap on his forehead.

*You're nosy, literally.* She answered him with before they made it to the common area where they were to meet with the other wherhandler pair. It was easy to spot Inggharudube, just look for a big man leaning against a wall with a bronze wher, and true enough that was where she found him and his wher. Without hesitation she crossed over to him and waved.

"Hey, it's been a while. What's been up with you?"
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
LdyPayne

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 pm

It was Inggharusk who spotted Sterling first, or more accurately he caught the scent of the sub-adult whers as they approached. As he wasn't certain these were the two wherlings they were waiting for he remained quiet. When their Handler showed up as well Ingharusk knew her scent instantly. >She's here and little ones too, Inggharusk told his Handler though by this point Inggharudube could see her with his own eyes.

"It certainly has been," Inggharudube responded as he pushed himself off the wall took a single step forward. He knew better than to approach a Handler too quickly when he wasn't known to her Whers. Even though Sterling's newest Whers were nearly adults now and graduation was just around the corner for them they could still be over protective with strangers. Once they knew his scent and that he was a friend and fellow Handler, Inggharudube wouldn't have to be as cautious. "You are looking well and I must say your Wherlets have grown quite well since I saw them hatch and choose you."

"I've been keeping busy, always keeping my eyes out for any sign of those mutant Felines those Rogues trained." Inggharudube hadn't been overly shocked when they discovered the felines had a human master. They were acting far too unnaturally to be just a wild pride looking to extend their territory. But he was still determined to see ever one of the giant felines slaughtered and their human masters. SO far they had gone to ground and to track them down to wipe them out would take far mroe effort than he could expend as a New Atricis Wherhandler. If he abandoned his post here and took this as a personal vendetta he could do it but Inggharudube didn't want to spend the rest of his days chasing after Rogues across the length and bredth of the South. Besides, it wouldn't be as satisfying as his current work. "I would ask what's been up with you but it's pretty obvious, you've been raising aned training these two and doing an excellent job by the looks of it."
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Sterling couldn't help the little swell of pride in her chest when Inggharudube commented on how well her whers seemed to have grown so far, even sparing a glance at the two. When he mentioned the rogue felines, however, there was a bit of a frown that crossed her face for a moment, though she nodded. "It's good to keep an eye out. I'm eager for when I can take Stersk and Linsk out to help as well. But we still have a few more months before then." She reached back and scratched the two whers on the chin each before looking back forward to Inggharudube. At the mention of it being obvious what she'd been up to, she chuckled and nodded.

"Definitely. Glad they seem well trained." Of course, at that moment, Stersk shifted and plopped his head on Sterling's shoulder to nibble on her hair. Wuickly, Linsk grumbled at him and bumped his neck with her nose, earning a grumble from the blue even as he lifted his head off Sterling. She chuckled and shrugged.

"As I said, seem well trained. Stersk here can be a bit of trouble sometimes. Though I think Linsk keeps both Stersk in me in line more than I keep them in line," she joked with another chuckle. "After Serisk though, these two aren't so hard to train. They're much less willful than an Andalusite, even if Stersk can be unruly at times."

"Can I introduce them to you and Inggharusk properly? If Inggharusk will allow it?" Being a wherhandler wasn't like being a dragonrider in that regard. While some dragons could be protective and possessive, whers tended to have a downright territorial streak and interactions with handlers when their whers were present and unfamiliar with each other had to be careful until everyone involved knew the whers felt comfortable.
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
LdyPayne

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:50 pm

"Those last months will pass quick enough and hopefully we can patrol together," Inggharudube responded. He hadn't had much opportunity to do so given what happened to Sterling's first wher. Before he could say anything else her blue picked that moment to seek attention, or at least it looked like that to the bronzehandler. The whole scene amused him though and he gave a laugh when Sterling added her response.

"They're young, bond to be some playfulness left in them," he dismissed their minor display. "I can't see you being kept in line that much, at last when it comes to getting people to act instead of waiting and seeing what happens."

Inggharudube was more than ready to meet the blue and green properly but he glanced over at where his bronze was resting, watching the antics of the younger whers with amusement. "What say you Inggharusk?"

<Say about what?> Inggharusk inquired, turning his head to regard his Handler.

"You good for me to meet these two young Whers and then you can meet them yourself?" Inggharudube informed his bronze out loud than switched to mental communcation. I talked to you earlier about meeting Sterling's two Whers.

Inggharusk gave a soft chortle, amused he managed to trick his Handler into explaining things to him again. He was more than ready to meet the two young Whers. He wasn't at all worried about them trying to take his Inggharudube away, they were just little things compared to him and he knew he could put both in their place if they did get presumptuous. So why act jealous now when there was no need?

<Inggharusk ready, as long they know me boss,> he responded, taking on a superior pose.

Inggharudube snorted then turned back to Sterling. "Inggharusk is fine for me to be introduced to your Whers and for them to meet him as well. As long as they are respectful towards him he's fine."
Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Sterling smiled and nodded in agreement at the possibility of patrolling together once Sterling's whers were old enough to join the guard ranks. She truly looked forward to it. Despite having her work with the wher armor development that she planned to continue once she graduated, she'd missed being in the wher guard.

Sterling waited as Inggharudube checked in with his wher, and chuckled when her answered her with how Inggharusk felt, nodding her head. "Naturally," she responded, having expected such given her whers were still younglings and Inggharusk was a big, older bronze. After that, Sterling gave a sharp short whistle to her whers, causing them both to come to attention and watch her closely.

*You can come and meet Inggharudube. He's a friend.* She told them mentally before adding verbally for Inggharudube's benefit, "Take his scent, get familiar with him. Inggharudube, the blue is Stersk, and the green is Linsk." As she gave the introduction, the still growing whers padded up to the man and began to sniff him, Stersk sniffing the top of his head and curiously trying to nibble on hair that wasn't there. Sterling couldn't help her snerk, especially when Stersk commented, *No hair. Where go?*

"Inggharudube shaves it, like how I do here," she explained out loud, pointing to othe side of her head to explain better. The blue considered it and rumbled as if he understood. Once Linsk was fully familiar with Inggharudube's scent she gave him an affectionate headbump of greeting. At that, Sterling waved them off. "Alright you two, go and greet Inggharudube."
Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Taking a step forward Inggharudube waited as Sterling explained things to her Whers. While he waited he watched how both immediately came to attention at the whistle and listened to her instructions. When she named the Whers he nodded then extended his hand palm up for Stersk to get a good dose of his scent. Clear on the palm of his hand was the old scar from when he blooded Inggharusk many Turns ago. It was just one of many scars upon his body though most were covered by his clothing except those on his arms.

Inggharudube chuckled softly when Stersk tried to nibble non existant hair and gently pushes the blue away from his face. His Wher on the other hand couldn't pass up the opportunity to comment about the blue's query.

<Hair gone because I ate it first, the bronze said openly from where he watched the introductions.

The moment Linsk approached Inggharudube extended his hand, palm up once more and let her sniff it. Both whers were quite well behaved for this procedure, something they will likely have to do many times as new Wherhandlers Impressed from future clutches or Transferred from elsewhere. Despite Inggharusk's comment the bronze didn't say anything even after Linsk finished with a headbutt to his Handler.

At the headbutt from the green he chuckled and gave her head knob a brief rub before Sterling sent them off to greet Inggarusk. He turned and focused on his bronze who had been resting on his haunches while his Handler was being introduced to the blue and green Whers.

"Get their scent Inggharusk and be nice," Inggharudube instructed out loud and reinforced it with mental commands so the bronze know he wasn't to be irritable with the youngsters. He turned slightly so he could keep an eye on the proceedings and step in if the bronze should do anything foolish but he doubted there would be need. Now if Sterling's new Whers were more higher ranked or had the potential to challenge the bronze, things may be different. For now he just watched.

<Come, approach, let me sniff you both, so known to me you will be,> Inggharusk invited, watching the two youngsters with interest. <Behave though, or Inggharusk bite.> This last comment was more bluff as he wouldn't harm the little Whers.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:45 pm

There was no way Sterling could resist laughing when she heard the comment about Inggharudube's hair from his own wher. After Stersk gave his version of a wher snicker, Sterling snickered too. When Inggharudube signaled for his wher to prepare to meet the younger whers, Sterling whistled to get their attention once more.

"Go say hello, and remember, he's older and bigger than both of you," she said aloud, but made sure to cement those facts mentally. While wher hierarchy was a bit more fluid than in dragons, her two whers weren't even full grown yet and hadn't a chance to prove themselves in action. They naturally were below most of the other whers, especially a bronze like Inggharusk.

Luckily, neither wher was outright authoritative or competitive, so they could behave themselves. Stersk made his move first, but was stopped by Linsk who grumbled at him before he frolicked toward the larger bronze like a pup.

*Calm, or make angry. Respect bronze. Older. Stronger.* Linsk was quick to reprimand Stersk before he acted brashly, making the blue stop and snort as if his fun had been ruined. Linsk just huffed but approached Inggharusk, letting him take her scent before doing the same, getting to know the bronze's scent. Stersk then came forward, not wanting to wait forever but being less exuberant than he was previously going to be.

*Linsk. Me Linsk. Blue Stersk. We both share Linsk's over there.* Linsk introduced mentally as well, being quite formal for a wher really seeing as scent was much more important for them.

Sterling meanwhile, watched the three whers before nodding, holding her arms crossed as she watched them.

"Seems like it's going well. I think Linsk kept Stersk from acting foolish," she chuckled "I swear she does half the work of keeping Stersk from getting out of hand. Probably a good thing they both bonded to me at the same time, not that I really could imagine one without the other at this point."
Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Inggharusk was pleased his joke was amusing to Wher and Handler alike. He then watched the two little Whers attend their Handler before they approached him. He watched as the blue started coming towards him, a little to quickly for the bronze's taste but the green had more sense and stopped her clutchbrother before he charged forward more than a couple steps.

The Bronzehandler felt his bronze's disapproval only to feel it drift away as Linsk stopped her brother from doing whatever foolishness he had intended. Running towards a Wher not yet completely familiar with with him would have been a risk. Inggharudube would have prevented anything bad from happening but he had no doubts Inggharusk would have responded to being rushed by swatting the Wherlet aside to teach him manners. He nodded his approval of Linsk stopping her own brother before that could happen. She had the more sense of the two it seemed, or at least better self restraint. All things she was certain Sterling knew about her Whers and will work with Stersk later.

>I an Inggharusk, strong and touch bronze. Smart you stop Stersk before he run to me, not polite to run, get hurt doing that to strange Wher, maybe eaten too.> The last part was more joke, Inggharusk would never eat a fellow Wher nor would his Handler allow it even if he wanted to. He lowered his head then and inhaled Linsk's scent deeply, committing it to memory.

>Approach slow, smart thing to do with big Wher just meeting,> Inggharusk told Stersk once the blue approached at a more respectful rate. >Clutch sister smart to stop, save you learning lesson hard way.> That said Inggharusk lowered his head to take in the blue's scent. With his ability to never forget a scent he will forever remember these two as part of Atricis's Wher pack.

"So it seems," Inggharudube responded. He approved of how Inggharusk handled the meeting. He also felt the small amount of tension in his bronze fade away. He accept the Whers as friends and part of the group and there wouldn't be any worry about them interacting for now. Inggharusk may play rough but till these two Whers were fully mature and ready for assignment to the Guard Teams Inggharusk wouldn't harm either. Not unless they challenged him once mature, which would be foolish especially for the blue.

"Now that introductions are taken care of, I have a gift for you," Inggharudube decided to move on to the main reason he came to see Sterling this night. He reached up to the bundle he had brought with him, the pelt carefully wrapped in a simple cloth to keep ti clean and mostly to hide what it is at first glance. He carried it over to Sterling and offered it out to her. "I think this would look nice on the floor of your apartment."