In a Place of Convenience { tag } Slasher / Shihei

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:31 pm

As much as Kelsk thought it would be smart to stay inside, he wanted to go out. What his handler was saying made sense to the young wher besides. Going out in the rain would teach them how to know the ground when it was wet, and make them more effective when they had to work the land in these conditions. Besides, if he were honest, he wasn't sure about the smells right now. It was so strong at the moment, and he couldn't discern a few things. He wanted - no, he needed - to investigate what was going on outside, and so he turned to Joss, who was rubbing something on his leg, and crooned. We don't go out if you aren't well.

The man smiled though and shook his head. It was a natural thing to have happen, his leg. Whenever it rained, or grew too cold, it ached, and it was bound to happen that a fierce one would grip him sooner or later. He'd been working so hard as of late, so he wasn't surprised that something would happen to throw him off kilter. Kelsk didn't know this though, so he had to reassure his bond that there was nothing for him to be sorry for. After rubbing the last of the salve into it, hoping it would work as the healers said it would, he got to his feet and found some of the stiffness had abated, though the pain was still there. He washed his hands in the basin, then went to give his wher a scratch. "Nothing you did, my man. Nothing you can help either. I hurt long ago, and it still bothers me, but we need to go out for you."

The agate would have argued, but he didn't, because the thoughts and feelings, the sensation from his still limping handler, told him that all was indeed well. He crooned and clicked, watching and following him around as they prepared. They wouldn't be out long then, he was determined of that much at least, and he did his best not to lean as they made their way outside. What neither of them expected during their trip out was for the wher to slip on rocks he crawled upon in search of a particular scent, and have his foot stuck in a small crevice. Panic had flared, in both himself and Joss as he'd come running to help. Within a few moments though, he'd freed the agate, and decided that their trip out had to be cut short. Think we're done here, man. Let's go get dried up. Food inside. Sound good to you?

There was some disappointment, and Kelsk could sense it. So when it started to hurt his foot to walk, he kept it to himself, figuring it would upset Joss further. He managed to hold it from their link somehow, not knowing he would be more upset over not being told than anything else. As they made their way into the tunnels, his ears flickered against his skull, because a new smell filled his nose, this one a woman's that he did't recognize, and what came with it was a voice and light footsteps against the stone of the tunnel grounds. He nudged Joss, wincing as he did, and that's when the man took notice of something being wrong. "Kelsk?"

He tried to brush it off, the wher did, but he couldn't. He whirred and clicked and offered his paw, and Joss noticed the ichor coming from it, the softness of one or two bones underneath his fingers. He hissed under his breath, then touched the ridges of Kelsk's face. "Man, I'm upset right now, but only because I should have taken you to the infirmary. Come on, let... Fool..." He spotted the figure that he'd heard earlier, and felt his heart beat in his chest. It was almost as if Faranth had sent him a little gift, because maybe now he could get a little help for Kelsk without needing to push him to walk. "Shihei! Think you could give me a hand over here, please?"
Slasher

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Shihei was making good on her promise to Master Rathiran about inquiring within the Tunnels about the felines, and the wild wher activities. At the same time, she was also discussing Little Brother, the wild wher that Rathiran and herself had stitched up. The beast was getting more than a little antsy in the Infirmary, and she had no idea how long she could convinve the boy to stay there. Perhaps there was an idea or two from the Wherhandler Leader. But her meeting had already ended, her having caught them right as the wher's and their handler's started moving for the evening.

Moki and Hopi swooping back in to find her shoulder's as she emerged from the office areas. She made her way towards the entrance of the Tunnels, offering the occasional polite greeting and nod when she noted a vaguely familiar face. Moki suddenly flared and jumped into the air though, chittering happily. Shihei caught flashes of a familiar brown firelizard, ”Fool?” But then that meant that Kelajosidran was nearby. Hopi chirruped in light confusion and as Shihei turned and soothed the fancy-flitt, she heard a familiar voice.

Looking towards the voice, Moki already doing a gentle circle around Joss and his...Shihei smiled at first as she approached the man and his new young partner, ”Congratulations! I had heard you Impressed...Oh!” The woman immediately went into business mode as she got near enough to realize the wherling was wounded, ”What happened?” Sensing her thoughts, Hopi also left her shoulder, both the jasper and her green flitter poofing between at an unspoken command.

Kneeling lightly before the Agate, Shihei spoke directly towards the youngling, ”There now, Sweetling, be easy with that...Let's have a look.” She wasn't daft enough to just reach and grab at the Agate, instead waiting for Joss to confirm that Kelsk understood she was there to help. Her sharp eyes were already cataloging the wound though. Some what looked more superficial cuts as the ichor was slow, but there was a slightly disturbing way he was holding the limb at an angle that she hoped was not fully broken.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Fri May 04, 2018 3:48 am

Kelsk did not know this woman, though he knew his handler did. Still, he was reluctant to allow her to take a look at him. The last time they'd been to the infirmary, a large man, almost as tall as his handler, had seen to him. This was obviously not a man, and he didn't know who she was. He looked to Joss, who smiled and nodded at him, placing a comforting hand on his head before leaning over to kiss his ear. "She's good people, my man. She'll take good care of you, and I'll be here."

The agate regarded her again before nudging his foot towards her hand, and asking Joss to explain what happened. "We were outside, practicing, moving around. He got on some rocks and slipped. It's raining out after all. He got his paw stuck and I got it out. I think its a little soft, but I didn't realize anything was wrong until we got here. Else I would have brought him to the infirmary."

Tell her it hurts.

Joss winced and placed a hand on his wher's shoulder. "He says it hurts, and I feel even worse now for not realizing something was wrong. We can go back to my place to check him out, or I can get him to the infirmary. Either way, I don't really think he should be treated in the hall." Again, he heard Kelso make a sound and nudge into Joss, who sighed and nodded in agreement. "He says I should apologize for being in such a rush, but he understands that I'm worried about him. So I'm sorry, Shihei. I'm just worried."
Slasher

Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 pm

As Joss explained what happened, and the Agate offered her his limb, even tentatively, she barely touched it with the softest of fingers as dark eyes examined it in the dim light of the hallway. Standing once more, the woman nodded, "Well, of course he shouldn't. There isn't proper light in here as it is, let alone to be sure the wounds aren't bad. Moki and Hopi will bring my supplies, you lead the way to your quarters. It would be best if Kelsk were somewhere he felt comfortable and safe."

Straightening, she gestured for the much taller man to lead, and she followed once he did. Arriving at his quarters, she waved a hand, "If the Wherling master gives you a problem about having a female visitor, you send him my way. Her tone implied she would have no problems with telling the Master precisely why she might be in the man's rooms, and there would be no trouble had for Joss over her visit, even if fraternizing was against the rules for Wherlings.

Once arriving at the man's rooms, she followed as Kelsk moved to his own bed and carefully lay down. Once the Agate was there, she got to her knees near him, "Alright, Kelsk. My name is Shihei, and I'm a Healer. It's my job to take care of all the dragons, and whers and things here at Atricis. And that includes you. Joss takes very good care of you, but I get to look at the creatures when they get hurt or sick, and help them feel better." Moki suddenly popped back in and swooped behind Shihei, setting a bundle down, and Hopi wasn't far behind, though the fancy-flitts bundle was smaller. Turning to the packages, Shihei unwrapped them, revealing a few small jars, some bandaging, and a small leather packet.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Wed May 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Joss smiled at her tone and nodded, but right now his concern was Kelsk, who was behaving quite well for this strange lady taking a look at his injured paw. Considering it was painful for him, he didn't seem to mind being poked and prodded, and so when she spoke to him, he whirred and looked up at his handler with swirling eyes. "He wants to know if I trust you, that if I do, then he believes he can trust you." He placed a hand on his agate's head, and glanced at Shihei with a certain spark in his eyes. It was a strange thing to say, considering they barely knew one another and Faranth, he couldn't say if he did trust her one way or another. But there was something in his gut that said he could indeed give his faith in the woman and her abilities.

He glanced down at his wher, and after a few moments worth of silence, at which point his eyes took on the gloss that all bonded did when they spoke to the one they were locked with, he looked back at the woman to give her a final answer. "I've let him know, that in no small measure, that I trust you very much." In response, the injured paw was placed close to Shihei's personal space, and Kelsk, in a display of "I'm going to not run, I'm going to be a good boy" settled on the ground. "He says if you would prefer him standing on the three good paws, he'll get back up, but that he thought it might be easier for you if he were like that."
Slasher

Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm

The healer nodded, waiting patiently for handler and wher to have their moments of communication. Turning to her own little bonds, she unwrapped some of the bandages that Hopi had brought from the Infirmary, having them at the ready. It was definitely proving useful having two little flitters to help her, as opposed to Moki's lone role as Official Assistant. Though when Joss glanced at her, a certain look in her eye, her own gaze arched a little as she considered the man. It was true, he did bring out an oddly relaxed state around her. Usually she was a bit more brusque and professional. Something about the large man allowed her slightly more casual(yet still professional) side come out. It had been several turns since she was so relaxed around anyone.

”Oh no, lying down is perfect.” She settled herself on the ground as well, folding her legs beneath her in a way that allowed the wherling to set his injured leg neatly in her lap. Looking once more at Kelsk, she smiled encouragingly at him, ”Now, Kelsk, I'm going to touch it, and going to have to move it around a little. It will probably hurt, but try not to jerk back, because it would probably hurt it more.” She let her words sink in for a few seconds, then nodded softly to him. Gently reaching for his leg, she lifted it gingerly, her touch oh-so-soft. Turning and moving the leg around a little, she knew it much be painful for the little chap, ”You're doing very well, Kelsk.” Once she'd examined it, she pulled a small jar out and started very gently spreading the goo inside across the cuts, ”A little numbweed to help with the pain a bit, and start to fight any infection...”

Once that was done, she pulled one of the rolls of bandages out, and glanced up at Joss, ”Luckily, it seems only sprained, and then the cuts. He should be alright within the sevenday, at least enough that he can walk and move normal. He will be a little tender for a few days though.” She deftly, yet still so-softly wrapped the leg in the bandages. Once that was done, she reached and lithe fingers slidded just under the curve of Kelsk's jaw, scritching where she had learned most wher's absolutely adored, ”You're a strong, handsome fellow, aren't you?”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Thu May 31, 2018 5:59 am

He crooned and leaned into her, then looked up at Joss with comfort and pleasure crossing their bond. A moment later, the man chuckled and nodded. "He wants you to know that he says thank you, and should you need a nap, you can cuddle with him. He makes a good heater, he says. I said it wasn't appropriate to tell a Lady that, but he told me, in return, that there is nothing in appropriate about naps."

The wher couldn't see anything wrong about his words, and with his human's help, limped in the direction of his bed, sighing when he was finally able to curl around himself. He kept his bad foot out and settled his head next to it. After a moment, Joss kissed the bandage and nodded as he scratched the headknobs and ears, then stood and told his agate friend to sleep.

After turning down the glows around him, Joss turned to Shihei with a relieved expression and nodded his head. "Not sure how I'm going to thank you for that... you put him at ease. Thank you. It's really appreciated and I want you to know I... I'm just really glad that it was you that came across us. He's not fearfull, far from it, it's just good that you were the onee there when you were."
Slasher

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:59 pm

The woman smiled and nodded. When the wher left her lap, she stood, stretching a little, ”There is indeed nothing inappropriate about naps, I agree.” Gathering her briefly used supplied up as Joss tucked his wher in, she offered the man a polite smile as he returned, ”It's no problem at all, really. I was already here, and I feel honored that you'd trust me with your wher on such short notice. I know some new handlers that would hesitate going to a healer.”

She tucked the leftover bandage roll, and then offered the small jar of numbweed towards the man, ”Here, hang onto this for when you check it later, it should make it a bit easier for him.” She looked up at him, again struck by the sheer height and bulk of the man, the sudden uninvited thoughts passing through her mind making her cheeks color a bit. Stop being unprofessional, Shihei! She hissed silently at herself, all the while her face remaining with its polite smile, hoping that the hints of color weren't visible in the dim glows.
Last edited by Slasher on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:35 am

He watched her for a moment but couldn't think of anything to say really. She had given him instructions, and he understood what had been said to him. For all that, there was really not much more that needed to be put to word. Not why you're quiet though. He felt the corner of his mouth twitch, though he refused to allow the pull to become anything more than that. I like too.

Faranth, he was glad Kelsk wasn't speaking loudly enough to be heard. He placed a hand on the agate's head and gave his ridge's a scratch, which made him croon and sink slowly towards the ground. "I appreciate your help, Shihei. You've done the two of us a great favor today." He held numbweed she had given him, not daring to tell her he had some already. "It was good to see you again. I'll... take him in to have him looked at soon, to make sure things are healing properly."
Slasher

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:20 pm

The woman nodded curtly, suddenly oddly glad with the given excuse of being finished. Now that she'd attended to her sudden surprise patient, there was no reason for her to linger, inadvertently delaying her other duties. So why did she find herself just standing there with him, both of them sort of just standing quietly, awkwardly? With a soft snort, she shook her head, ”With that, I will bid you farewell, Kelajosidran.”

She offered the man a quick, short now, her face and attitude schooled professional as she retreated to the doorway. Turning once she was there, she bowed again, ”My door is always open.” Then she turned and walked out before things started to feel more...odd. What was the matter with her? There were plenty of good looking men in her life. The entirety of the Weyr, even. Dragonriders, Wherhandlers, even a couple Pearlriders. But none made her think...things. With a scowl to herself once she was outside, she headed back to the Infirmary.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage