When Time Passes

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Shiftergirl

Fri May 20, 2016 7:17 pm

"I would like to think so, but like most creatures, dogs and Wher's can get along one minute and hate each other the next, it depends on them both really. The caravan I came with during my travel had a wher that didn't much like dogs, so he would watch the night and leave the dogs alone while he worked his shift at night. now, the dogs, they didn't seem to mind him, I think he was just cranky and old, he had a bit of grey on his face." He remembered the wher well, at the time he didn't really pay that much attention, but the few times he had caught site of the blue that helped out with the caravan, he had realized the creature was old and looked tired. "I Believe they may have been ready to retire the poor creature."

He nodded his head, yes no matter what you had in rank or status, you would always have chores that had to be done. "Very true statement, no matter the position you have, there is always something that must be done. "Awe yes, giving up Sex, that is defiantly something I had to steer myself away from, there are some cute girls here, but I fill the time well with smithing objects, even if its just something I want to build for no reason. I'm not much of a drinker myself, a few good drinks here and there are good, but I haven't found that it was all that much to may taste, unless there is a good reason. Social is alright, as long as it doesn't get out of hand."

"That is true, Everyone dreams of being a rider at one time, but life seems to find a way to put you where you need to be." He would have loved to be a rider, riding the great creatures in the sky, watching as they chassed the females and getting his life the way he wanted in the weyr, he had thought him worthy of a bronze or brown, but here he was, welcome to whers and he thought about it, he could impress anything with a wher, and they too were great. He could help control the area of pests and possible raids. The thought of protecting the dragons and their riders during the night, that was a thrill of its own. He wanted the perfect one that would help him live the way he was destined. Now the only thing he had to do was wait for a hatching. He looked at the man when he made a toast for the next hatching. "A'ye, here's to the hatching and the flourishing numbers that the next clutch can bring the weyr and its people."
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu May 26, 2016 9:58 pm

"I'm sure you'll cross that bridge when you get there. Hope for the best and prepare for the worse, eh?" Ferghas said with encouragement. "If I was old I don't think I'd want a hyper active canine to bother me either." He said with a chuckle as the smoke curled above his head. He had spent his life by that rule, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. If life had taught him anything it was to plan, not just for the worst, but the most extreme horrible situation that could possibly happen. While the life he'd led so far was anything but easy or fair, Ferghas didn't allow himself to turn him into a pessimistic asshole. Instead, he learned how to roll with the punches and if possible use life's unfairness to his own advantages.

"Nothing like a pretty face, I agree with you there." He said with a wink. "Perhaps I should find myself a hobby, lest I fall to the sway of temptation in a pretty or handsome face." Ferghas was only half teasing about that. He was a man that embraced his vices. The act of fighting them seemed foreign and not normal to him. It also didn't help that he swore by the saying 'what the boss doesn't know won't hurt them'. If he could get away with something...he would. "Perhaps you've just never had a top shelf drink before. If there is one thing I know...it's good alcohol."

The dragons were great creatures, though if Ferghas was honest with himself, he knew that whers were much better suited for him. They were creatures of the night, he'd liken himself to a creature of the night before in the past. Being a conman...most of his work had been done in bars and taverns during the late evenings and early mornings, so that they had in common. "I think we'll come out ahead, eh? Maybe that's just optimism, but I'd like to think my gut feelings are never wrong."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shiftergirl

Thu May 26, 2016 11:39 pm

"Yes, once I get to that bridge, just have to se what happens." He couldn't help but chuckle at the man about being old. He agreed though, to be older and getting tired, the poor creature must be ready for another pasture. "Yeah, I believe that he may have been ready to live out in a soft flower garden rather then a rough rock garden." he said thinking about the long trek they had to make to get there and how they traveled.

"Yes, to have such a pretty face, something wild and willing, is something everyone does love on the occasion. I would never complain for one." He chuckled, grinning at the man. He took the tease and had to let one back, it just wouldn't stand with him if he didn't have one back. "Well, now as long as the handsome face doesn't have to much scruff to it, all that poking can be rather bothersome. Having something to do with your hands can keep anyone out of trouble during the right time." His face split with a wide grin, showing that he himself was teasing back. The thought of drinking wasn't something he thought about all the time. "I would have to say that if I could get my hand on a good wine such as what I hear Benden Wine, I may be more likely to drink more, I've had a glass or two before becoming a candidate." He couldn't deny it, it was something that he hadn't thought was going to be good, and found it was much better then he thought, but it was rare around this part.

As he had come to terms with being a wher handler, he had found that he himself, even wanting to be a rider, had one thing he and the wher's had in common, that they were aggressive. Dragon were passive, not wanting to fight unless queens fly at the same time, now wher's, in the wrong mood or provoked would fight tooth and claw to make their opponent back down. But he liked that even provoked with the right guiding, a wher can stop before it becomes a problem. "I would rather go with your gut feeling, then the numbers go down. So lets go with the gut feeling. We need to have a good clutch this next run. Hopefully a gold will hatch also, I do not believe there is one here, I have not seen her anyway. I have seen the other females, the Zulinate I believe, or Andalusite Hard to remember dragons and whers have different color names. I have heard of another, electrum I think is what they call it, but not a gold as of recently."
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 pm

"Well, now as long as the handsome face doesn't have to much scruff to it, all that poking can be rather bothersome."

The look that crossed on Ferghas's face was a mix between surprise, amusement, and approval. While he hadn't always had an inclination for men, over the last ten turns his attractions had been...persuaded to the other side a few times. There was something that men had that women just...didn't, and occasionally he preferred that to the fairer sex. The fact that this man seemed to be of the same persuasion was amusing to him at least. Part of the reason he had only mentioned handsome faces was to see if he could make the man uncomfortable. He found doing that to be rather fun. "Scruff can be nice. Just depends." Ferghas stated. "Something tells me no matter how long it's going to be until the next hatching, it's going to take too long....for many reasons."

"I would have to say that if I could get my hand on a good wine such as what I hear Benden Wine, I may be more likely to drink more, I've had a glass or two before becoming a candidate."

"Wine is alright. I prefer a good whisky or cognac to be honest. Wine can be a little too sweet for my tastes and getting drunk on wine is the absolute worst." Ferghas explained. He could appreciate a good wine, that was true, but wine was not his drink of choice if he did have a choice. "Which sort of wines do you prefer? Dry, sweet, or ports?" He asked curiously. Ferghas preferred the dry white wines.

"I didn't think I had noticed a gold here either. From what I have learned so far, having a gold wher around isn't nearly as important as having a gold dragon. They are the best clutchers, but whers don't seem to have the same hierarchy as the dragons." Ferghas said sharing the bit of knowledge he had learned since becoming a candidate. "Though, it would be a boon if one hatched with the next clutch I'm sure. The mutant colors are very pretty though, I must admit. The few prisms I've seen have been very stunning." Ferghas was not a traditionalist in the least, so he didn't mind the odd colors that seemed to be more prevalent in New Atricis.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shiftergirl

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Wirhelm couldn't help but chuckle at the man before him, the look that crossed his face must have been due to the comment he himself had made. It was always fun to pick back, he knew a lot of outsiders didn't like the way the weyr acted, he himself, it had taken him a little to get over it, but he was happy here, he fit in with everyone even if it was all in different parts of the weyr. "If they have scruff, it better be lower then the face. I can't stand the face scruff, tickles to much and can be aggravating." The look that crossed his face next was one of understanding and disappointment. "If the next hatching is going to be a long time from now, breaking rules are going to get more and more common, I don't know how long some of these people can take it. I myself, haven't had a good roll in the hay for a while." He looked at the man, hoping his little slip about breaking rules didn't bite him in the arse later.

"Really I don't mind the wines, as long as they have a good taste to them, but the sweet ones, sometimes I have to steer clear of them, they can be a little to sweet at times." He said, the sweet wines were good, when he was in the mood, dry wasn't bad and the ports, well, they had their thing with them. He still couldn't help but think about the benden wine he had tried, it was a sweet wine, but it wasn't over the sweet he liked.

"I haven't seen a gold here at all, I have seen plenty of other colors, even the new Electrum once, but I have yet to see any gold, I have had a conversation with a friend that told me they have a gold that visits from another area, once in a great while, bringing clutches to the weyr when they are in need of it. I wonder if she will come to clutch here." He hoped so, he wouldn't mind seeing the gold come and clutch another a gold for the weyr to have for the future of the pack." He agreed of course with Ferghas. He didn't want to see the whers go down in numbers, but it seemed like that was exactly what was going on. "I do like the few odd colors around, that ones Agate I believe, that is a pretty color for a wher."
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Ferghas was happy to hear that the young man wasn't so straight laced that he cringed at the mention of breaking the rules or being tempted to break the rules. There were some that were so stiff they might as well have a stick up their ass. Ferghas preferred to have a little fun in life...even if it did mean breaking a few of the unimportant (and sometimes important) rules. "Call me crazy, but I sort of like the scruff. Depends on the face it's on." Ferghas wasn't too picky....he simply had to find the person attractive. That wasn't that they had to be socially seen as attractive...just that he had to find them desirable in some way. Sometimes it was looks he liked, sometimes it was more based on personality.

"Perhaps if we both are lucky enough to bond at the next hatching, after wherlinghood I will get us a nice bottle of something harder and introduce you to how delicious they can be." Ferghas didn't mean it to sound like he was hitting on him, but sometimes his tone could simply be taken that way. He was so use to trying to be as charismatic as possible it was easy to think he was flirting.

Ferghas couldn't help but find it odd that Atricis didn't have their own gold. Granted, he knew that whers weren't the same as dragons, but he was knew enough to the weyr that in his mind there always needed to be a gold around. Perhaps the Electrums and the Andalusites held the same authority as the golds...or maybe it all had to do with the handlers who was in charge and not the color of the whers. "Yes, I've always been fond of the color red, to be honest. I can't say I'm all that particular on what I get. Color doesn't matter as much as personality."
Image Image Image Image

Shiftergirl

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:50 pm

He couldn't help but laugh at the comment of scruff, Wrihelm had made sure she had chopped off his own scruffy hair this morning, well most of it, he had trimmed most of it up anyway. He didn't look like he had come out of the woods still. "Well, I guess its not so bad, as long as I don't have to pull it out of my teeth I guess." he wasn't sure himself about men, even if the comments sounded like it, he had had girls, been with a few anyway, and they seemed to fit his life rather well, children and such, but he hadn't had a taste of the men. Shaking his head, he left the though, telling himself he would dwell on it later.

"Well I'll be looking forward to taking you up on that offer, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. So then its a date and i'll make sure graduation I find you and we get that settled, yes." He grinned at the man. He didn't realize until that moment they had just set up a date for getting together, he couldn't help but grin about it and started to laugh a little. making a date with a man already and he hadn't even met him maybe ten minutes. What was he getting himself into. But, maybe they could be great friends later, the man had the experience on life that he himself wanted one day, or hoped to get.

"Red is such a beautiful color, I'm not sure of the color I would rather have, sense they are all such vibrant colors. Bronzes of course are great whers, being able to catch the golds and knowing that the creature you are with for the rest of your life can help keep the number up." He couldn't wait for the day when the hatching takes place. If only it would hurry up a little.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Ferghas scrunched his face up into an unpleasant expression at Wrihelm's words. "I had never thought of that before, but now that you mention it, darling, I may change my mind to prefer no scruff." While he wasn't exactly fastidious, there were certain things that made him shiver with disgust. The thought of having to pick someone else's hair out of his teeth certainly counted as one of those things. Of course he'd gotten hair in his mouth plenty of times, that wasn't the gross part, it was the thought of it actually being stuck in his teeth that disturbed him for some reason. Ferghas was no stranger to men or women. Though, men was something relatively new considering his age. He'd never considered them before, but life had a way of shaking things up. In this case, he was rather pleased.

A wide smile split his face as the man decided to take him up on his offer of introducing him to some of the finer alcohols. "Great, now we both have something to look forward to after graduation...except graduating itself of course." The word date didn't go unnoticed by him, but for the time being he wouldn't read too much into that word. After all, it wasn't like he could act on anything now...not legally of course...so what was the point of thinking about something he couldn't have?

"I can't say I really have a preference either, to be honest. I know a wher bond isn't as strong as a dragon bond, but I'm sure we'll love whatever decides to accept us as its handler. I'll just be grateful to be chosen at all." Ferghas hadn't been here long, but he was already anxious and impatient for there to be a clutch on the sands. When it came to big life changes like this he would rather they happen quickly so he could adjust instead of having to wait and wait for the changes. It didn't help that he hadn't really felt a part of anywhere since he had to leave his last caravan and even then he had only just began to feel like he belonged. It was getting to the point where he wondered if he would ever belong some where at all, but he would never tell anyone that.
Image Image Image Image

Shiftergirl

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 pm

"He couldn't help but laugh at the look on the mans face about the hair in the mouth. He had been right, it wouldn't be pleasant and the look that was great to think that. "No, for hair to get stuck between the teeth and have to sit there and pick it out until you are able to get it out of your mouth and not worry about that, it can give one a heck of a hate for them." He couldn't help but jerk at the work Darling, he blinked at the man when he said it and went back to his own thoughts, he would let it slide, couldn't have been a mistake.

He smiled back at Ferghas and felt the warmth of the smile, he knew he had set up a date that would be a good day for them both, being able to be full handlers instead of the other. "Graduation is going to be strange, I would rather have the after then the during for that one yes." He leaned on the wall and gave Marlin a look over, she was napping on the floor now snoozing away, she must be comfortable, of course with the change in the days for them, Marlin was taking it worse, she wanted to be up during the day and he had to be up at night.

"Well then, we'll honor what color we get when they get here, and I highly doubt at this point that you would not be chosen, after all, look how many we have right now, it would be a waste not to add you to the rank" He said in hopes it would help him think less about not being chosen.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:49 pm

"No, for hair to get stuck between the teeth and have to sit there and pick it out until you are able to get it out of your mouth and not worry about that, it can give one a heck of a hate for them."

Ferghas couldn't stop the awful faces he was making as Wrihelm continued to talk about having hair stuck in your teeth. "Please, pet, no more talk. It's bad enough to imagine, I don't need to hear you describe it in detail." He was likely going to rethink liking beards for awhile. At least until the worry of getting hair stuck in his teeth stopped plaguing him. As for calling the man 'darling' and 'pet'...well, that was merely a habit of his. While it could mean something, it didn't always mean anything.

"Graduation is going to be strange, I would rather have the after then the during for that one yes."

"I'm sure we'll be looking forward to graduation once we start wherlinghood. If everything I've heard is halfway true, then I can only say that our bonds will most certainly have to be worth it." When he first heard about what he had to look forward to should he happen to bond, Ferghas had started to debate if this was a good idea. He wasn't a quitter though and decided to stick it out. The man would never admit that the reason he decided to stay was because he was aching to have someone to love again.

"That's true. I guess it works to our advantage if there isn't a slew of people to chose from." Ferghas didn't mind not having to share the chance of bonding with more people than was absolutely necessary.
Image Image Image Image