When Time Passes

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Shiftergirl

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:57 pm

He hadn't meant to gross the man now, so he smiled and thought of something to change the subject to instead of hair. Even he shivered at the detail and thought about it. "Well, moving on from that, lets see, what else can we think about talking about. Seeing as we have strayed into a very unpleasant conversation." He smiled and looked around the room.

"I'm hoping to get through it, I don't mind the time it takes, give me more time to be with the one that I'm chosen for during the hatching. I'm beginning to really hate being a candidate, that is for sure, so I imagine I'll hate being a Wherling for a while, until I don't have to worry about all the rules that go on during each step. I mean, Marlin is great for a pillow, the wher may be to, but I'd like to get back to being able to share a bed with someone, more then warmth you know." He looked at marlin, she was a great heater during the winter time. He smiled though. "So I think I can't wait for it to end and be worth it indeed."

"With more people, some people have to wait longer yes, but the queen or mother, would have an easier time. So, I don't mind, just hope I'm one that is chosen you know." He felt good sitting here talking about some of the things he had a few worries about, granted, he hadn't thought about how he'd missed being able to talk without worrying if his words would be used against him later.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:55 pm

"Well, moving on from that, lets see, what else can we think about talking about. Seeing as we have strayed into a very unpleasant conversation."

Ferghas couldn't help but laugh for a moment at their previous conversation. "Forgive me. While I am happy to know we have some of the same...inclinations, I don't normally talk about such unpleasant things when I first meet a person." That wasn't entire true, nor was it false. He was keen enough to know if the person he was talking to would be offended by more crass conversation or not. Wrihelm seemed to be an easy going sort, which he liked.

"Shards, I can't imagine how you've gone this long obeying them. I've only been a candidate a few weeks and I already feel chafed by the rules." Hopefully there would be a hatching soon so the temptation of breaking the rules would not become too great for him to resist. "Yes, I most certainly know what you mean." Ferghas agreed. In his mind, it had been too long already since he'd been with anyone. He wasn't exactly excited to have to wait even longer, but he would. A small smirk spread on his face as he realized that he wouldn't mind being one to do more than warm his fellow candidate's bed. He wouldn't tell him that though, not yet anyways. No point in teasing both of them with what they couldn't do.

"Yes, I suppose it is better for the wherlets to have a large selection for their mother to choose from, but I am admittedly a selfish man. I'd rather there be less competition." Ferghas said with a wicked grin. It was the truth though, he was selfish and didn't want more competition than was absolutely necessary.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shiftergirl

Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:26 pm

He looked at him as he laughed, Marlin seemed to perk up at the laughter as well. HE couldn't help it, he was rather handsome when he laughed. The way he smiled, kinda gave off that comfort that most people seem to lack around him at times, something he didn't always find in his bedmates either. He blinked at the realization of what he was thinking and had to look away for a moment, looking at Marlin for a second to see what she was doing. "I'm not always a open person myself, but then I guess you start being that way when you haven't had a good conversation for a while." He looked back at Ferghus and smiled. "I find it's nice being able to talk, so Thank you for talking with me today or well tonight."

"I'm not really sure myself, I take up some of the Metal works around here, keeping myself busy a lot when I have free time instead of going out and finding things to get into trouble with. I'm of the trade smith, still learning, not to bad if I say so myself." He grinned, he had plenty of work to do still, he had a stack of things the weyr needed for some of the dragons saddle rings that had to be replaced as well, even a few wher handles had given him a list of tools and such they needed. He didn't think they were far behind, but the other smiths with him, they were all working hard to keep up.

"you have a point there my friend. Less people to chose from means that there are less people to worry about getting a wher that you could get. Then again, I hate to think a Wherlet is culled because it doesn't have a bond to be with." He chuckled, to think, he had a point, less people meant that he would impress faster then if he was to share the sands with others, many others, and he would have to deal with that many people, he didn't know how, but he couldn't stand being around to many people, less his anxiety get bad.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:08 pm

"I'm not always a open person myself, but then I guess you start being that way when you haven't had a good conversation for a while."

Ferghas hadn't missed the way Wrihelm had turned away from him and had that possibly been a small blush on his cheeks. The smile on his face turned a little more wolfish for a moment before schooling it when he turned back to look at him. Well, this was certainly turning out to be a rather interesting happenstance of a conversation. "Tsk tsk...good conversation is as necessary as a good night's sleep. You shouldn't deprive yourself of such things, darling. It's simply not good for you." Ferghas lightly scolded him.

A hand was raised to stroke his chin as he deliberated on what he could do to keep himself out of trouble. Though, to be honest, trouble and Ferghas generally went hand in hand. It was merely who he was, who had been for turns, so he doubted if he could truly and fully completely stop getting into trouble. Perhaps he would resolve to simply not get caught. That he was relatively good at. "Well, I'm sure I'll have to find something to keep me entertained with other than trouble." He said with a shrug of his shoulder in a manner that spoke of how little he was actually concerned.

"Then again, I hate to think a Wherlet is culled because it doesn't have a bond to be with."

That was a sobering thought to be sure. "I don't think I realized that was a possibility. Well then, let us hope there is enough choice for that not to happen, but not so many choices we don't stand a chance." He amended. While, yes, he could be a heartless bastard at times...not even he would wish ill-will towards a baby. No, he didn't like children...but that didn't mean he wanted to see anything bad happen to them. Well, nothing life-threatening.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shiftergirl

Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:05 am

He saw the way he smiled and was almost laughing when he heard the scolding he got. Chuckling at the way he teased him, he just hook his head. "I try to make sure I have a decent conversation once in a while, Marlin does good for listening, but not so well when it comes to talking back. how about we get together more, we can always find a way to coversate, I work in the smithy, so if you need, just come by, I would be happy to have a ear or even a few words with you when you can." He thought the man was rather good at being open with the idea, so he wanted to make sure he had the invite, should he need a place to be for a while, at least when he wasn't working.

"Smithing has been my life so far, sweating over a hot flame and beating metal into shape. I've gotten good at it and have a few extra improvements now that I have to keep out of trouble. The swords I've made have made it great when working, sometimes they come out bad, but I've gotten the technique to get them right I believe." He thought about the way he had made the few sword he had for customers, other he had made himself just to improve what he did, keeping them in a box that was laid for selling if needed. none to long, some only as long as his hand.

"In the North I hear that Culling is a thing, they cull the wher when the don't have a bond, or just cull them because they find them worthless beasts. I too hate to think this would happen here." It was a sad though to think about, culling a wher was something practiced, but he hadn't had much time with them before he came to the weyr, only hearing most of what he did from the people of the weyr that had whers. The few he heard it from were Wherhandlers already.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Ferghas returned the wide smile to Wrihelm. Yes, this conversation was becoming far more fruitful than what he could have anticipated. He knew he should consider it, but maybe if either of them found themselves not able to resist temptation then...Ferghas stopped that line of thought. He knew if he started thinking down that path he would find it even harder to follow the rules. "Careful, darling, you my end up regretting that offer if I happen to start showing up more often than not." Ferghas said, teasingly.

"While I certainly know my way around a sword, I could never begin how to understand how to make one. Perhaps I'll have to commission you sometime for a new one. My old one....fuck if I know what happened to it. Think I lost it on the ship down here." That was partially the truth. It had been before he got on the ship and he didn't necessarily lose it as he didn't take the time to retrieve it from the man he'd stuck it into. Of course, he wasn't going to tell Wrihelm that. Besides, the man had been...less than savory himself. Ferghas doubted anyone would notice.

"In the North I hear that Culling is a thing, they cull the wher when the don't have a bond, or just cull them because they find them worthless beasts. I too hate to think this would happen here."

Ferghas shook his head sadly. While he might not have any experience hardly with whers, he couldn't imagine them being found to be worthless. After all, they were wonderful watch creatures, did a lot of good work in mines, and were great night hunters. He understood why sometimes animals of any time had to be culled, like if there was a birth deformity or something along those lines, but culling because they were deemed worthless seemed...wrong. "Well, I'm sure we don't have to worry about that happening here."
Image Image Image Image

Shiftergirl

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:42 pm

He took the tease in kind, not wanting to take it to the heart. "I don't think I could regret someone giving me company while I work. " He said grinning back. What could go wrong. "Maybe even put you to work if you want." The teasing note in his voice could be heard if wanted.

Hearing that he could make something for someone that could possibly be his friend in the future had him hopeful for something to do that wasn't demanding all the time. He had so much other stuff to do that involved the riders, handlers, and other weyrfolk, to have something that wasn't a every day things, that was hopeful for him. "Well, why don't you come by then, we can get some plans up and get you something that would be great. Of course, we can go over some of the other things I have also and see if I have anything made you would want."

Culling was not something he liked to talk about, as it was mean and heart breaking, the animal, wher, had to be culled because people didn't like them or didn't use them in some places. "So far what I have seen here is they are used a lot, they have a home, even those of us here that are human, have a place regardless of who we are inside and out." he said smiling.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:42 am

"Maybe even put you to work if you want."

Ferghas chuckled at that. "Oh darling, I never do work for free. However, if there was something in it for me, I'm sure you can talk me into it." He heard the teasing tone and went with it. The flirting was obvious now. Even if it didn't go anywhere...flirting was fun. He also liked to think that he was rather good at flirting too.

"Well, why don't you come by then, we can get some plans up and get you something that would be great. Of course, we can go over some of the other things I have also and see if I have anything made you would want."

He made it a point to consider for a moment. "You talked me into it. I'll come by tomorrow and see what you have. Might see about having my dagger sharpened while I'm at it. I can sharpen it myself, but you guys know how to do it better." It would be rather pathetic for a man of his...caliber...to not know how to sharpen a blade. Still, it was true. The smiths knew how to sharpen a blade finer than he could with a whetstone.

As much as he was enjoying their chat, it was getting late and he had things he had to do as well. "Well, I must be off. It was a pleasure to meet you though, Wrihelm. I suppose I'll see you for our date tomorrow." Ferghas said with a coy wink.

(Sorry! I totally forgot about this thread. Figure we can wrap it up though.)
Image Image Image Image

Shiftergirl

Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:46 am

Wrihelmgrinned at him. He could hear the tease in his voice and couldn't help it, it felt nice to have a conversation that was like this. He didn't get many of them. Looking over he leaned back on the ledge he was near and just looked at the man. "Well if i talked you into it then, we'll get that going. I have quite i a few things i like to do and working on knives is something i do out of pleasure as well as work."

Sense they had made a "Date" of the visit, he thought about what he was going to do. "Ill see you in the morning, sense we go to bed so early compared to others." he chucked. "So i'll make sure to set up where you can come in and can look through what i do and what i have done already. That way you can tell me a little more about what you want with it."

He looked around the place, he couldn't tell it was late himself as well. His body gave him hints that it was getting close to time for bed. "Yeah, your right. Might want to cut this talking off for tonight. We'll be able to do that more tomorrow." He chuckled looking at him again. "So i'll see you later then."

He whistled softly and his dog came to his knee, her tail wagging as she looked at her master.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*