When Time Passes

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Shiftergirl

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:39 pm

It was late and Wrihelm and marlin were tired, they had done their chorus, had the night almost over, and was just done with Physical training, they were in the wher tunnels looking around seeing what they could remember. They had started to spend time memorizing the tunnels of the whers, so they could always know where they were. It was a while yet before time for Dinner and a while before Bed, they had free time they could take their time to familiarize themselves with their new home more. They had started to learn the dragon Weyr above, getting used to the way the place twisted and went in different directions. They had familiarized themselves with the place before moving on. Though it had taken time with getting around their new schedule and all, but they were getting better at it. Marlin Barked at him and he shook himself to bring his being back to reality, the thinking was where he was not used to going, he hadn't always spent him time thinking, not when their was work to do, but theses days he seemed to do a lot of thinking lately.

"What do you say Girl, think we should get some work done tonight." He knew she couldn't understand him, but it felt better then thinking and going off into his own head. "I believe I may have a few projects yet that need to be done." He'd not had a project in a while, some people of the weyr didn't have a fancy for what he did like they did for weavers and tanners. But what little he did know of that, he could at least make Sheaths for.

((This is a open Thread, Anything can happen from getting him to go to work to well anything))
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:00 am

Ferghas was becoming more and more acquainted with New Atricis and it's strange ways. Well, they were strange to him considering his whole life had been spent holdless or in a caravan. He was rather enjoying weyr life though. He had food every night that he didn't have to kill and clean himself. He had a room that was warm and dry, albeit a bit cramped considering he had to share with others in the barracks. The only complaints he really had was all the rules the candidates had. Mainly the no alcohol and no sex rule. The first one he really did not want to obey and the second, while it was irksome, he could. So far he had been a good little candidate and had not broken any of the rules, but it had been weeks since he'd had a drop of alcohol and he simply could not take it a moment more.

"There you are, darling. All the marks as promised." Ferghas purred to the drudge that now stood in front of him and handed over a pouch of marks. He'd managed to find someone whom he could bribe into sneaking him a bottle of whisky. In return he offered to pay the man a few marks. "It bet'r be. It m' hide tha' get tanned if I'm caught stealin'." The man drawled as he snatched the bag from Ferghas. "Don't worry, I won't say word." Ferghas remarked as he opened the bottle of whisky and gave it a sniff. Yes, this would do just fine. The man began to leave with his marks, but Ferghas stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. "One more thing before you go." His voice quickly turned from charming to sickly sweet and threatening. "If I find out you've tattled to anyone, I'll make you regret it." The look in his eyes caused the drudge to cringe back a little in fear. "Shard, ain' nothin' but a bit of whisky. No need t' go gettin' violent. I won' tattle." He said before quickly getting away from Ferghas as possible.

Ferghas moved off in the other direction. A long swig of his whisky was taken as he walked. It wasn't long before he heard a voice speaking and quickly hid the bottle in his pocket. Dark eyes looked up and down the hallway until he finally turned a corner and almost ran directly into someone. "Pardon me. Didn't mean to almost run over you. These hallways are still quite dark at night, even with the glows." He said in a friendly voice as he held out his hand. "The name's Ferghas. I've seen you in lessons before, but haven't introduced myself." He had recognized the kid and noticed the knots on his shoulder as wher candidate knots.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shiftergirl

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Wrihelm looked at Marlin and grinned. Her jaw was slacked as she breathed and nudged his hand for a scratching. He thought to the times when he was first training her, he remembered she had taken to the training very well. He was proud of the way she had grown to a full size hunter now, he had done his best and with a little help from others, he had a fine animal to be proud of.

"Well, lets get to the...." Someone almost ran into him and he had to take a few quick steps back and avoid a collision before someone got hurt. He looked at the man before him and saw that he too was a candidate.

"Pardon me. Didn't mean to almost run over you. These hallways are still quite dark at night, even with the glows." He said in a friendly voice as he held out his hand. "The name's Ferghas. I've seen you in lessons before, but haven't introduced myself."

"Not a problem, I find it takes time to get used to the Dark." He looked the man up and down again, never letting his eyes wonder, almost as if he was assessing the man before him. "My names Wrihelm, You are a wher candidate as well, hard to get to know the others you may be working with in the future with all the chores they give you."

Behind him he heard Marlin Growl and made a small motion with his hand. Marlin quickly went quiet and laid on the ground. Her body sat still as if she was waiting for something. The dogs eyes never stopped watching the man, Ferghas, as her master continued to talk with the man.

((Sorry Muse is a little Dead I think))
Last edited by Shiftergirl on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:48 pm

"My names Wrihelm, You are a wher candidate as well, hard to get to know the others you may be working with in the future with all the chores they give you."

Ferghas offered the younger man his hand to shake in formal introduction. "Good to meet you, Wrihelm." He gave a small chuckle. "Yes, I suppose all our lives are worth now is the chores we're forced to do day in and day out. Or...well, I should say night in and night out." He was still adjusting to the opposite schedule. While he always claimed to be a bit of a night person, being up all night and asleep all day was a little different. He hoped it wouldn't be too much longer before he was completely use to it.

The growling had him looking down at the canine. His dark eyes narrowed only slightly at the creature. He generally liked canines, but apparently this one didn't care for him any. Well, that certainly wouldn't do. He always believed that canines were able to read people better than other people...which is why he tried to stay on their good side. It wouldn't do for his sneaking and lying to be discovered by a canine. "Hey there, darling. Would you like a treat?" He asked the canine as he pulled out a piece of jerky from his pocket. "Is it alright if she has this?" Ferghas asked Wrihelm before just giving her the piece of meat.

"Have you been a candidate long?" He asked, deciding it was less suspicious to keep up small talk rather than try and get away as fast as possible. Though, he was dying to take a nip or two from the liquor he'd just procured.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shiftergirl

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Wrihelm watched the man in front of him and nodding with him as he talked about the way they had different days and nights and couldn't agree more. He took the hand that was produced for him to shake and gave him a firm grip shaking his hand.

"We seem to take up the shift the dragons can't so they don't have anymore problems from rouges or those of the south while they sleep. I kinda like it myself. Its quite, peaceful and not many reasons to be out and about when you get a free day/night." Wrihelm found that the night sky and the dark made him feel at peace when he was in a mood. sometimes when he had to work, and he had gotten to the point he was about to blow up on everything, he took a stroll, the quiet of the night would sooth the temper and he would get back to his smithing.

He saw that he was looking at his dog and pulled a small piece of meat from his pocket. He cocked a eyebrow at the man. Must be a dog lover also. He just watched as Marlin gave him that "Can I Look" and again, with a small motion of his hand, Marlin got to her feet and Sniffed the meat. "She can have the jerky, she's due for a treat." He just smiled and nodded at marlin when she looked back for reissuance. She snatched the jerky from his fingers and jumped back, pulling it apart and chewing the meat as best she could.

"I've been a candidate for maybe a turn or two now. How long have you been a candidate." He asked knowing the man was older, he figures he had to have been a candidate for a while, but he wasn't sure about that.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Sun May 01, 2016 6:06 pm

"Quite, quite...yes. I must say I am rather a fan of the night myself." Ferghas agreed. No doubt his reasons for liking the night was different than why Wrihelm liked the night. Though, to be fair, his night time activities generally happened indoors where the sound of dice rolling on table tops and cards being shuffled. He missed those nights where he could spend candlemarks gambling, drinking, and conning people out of their marks. Maybe once he had bonded and wherlinghood was over he could go back to that sort of lifestyle...at least a little anyways.

Ferghas was glad that he allowed the canine to have the treat. Hopefully that would make her not growl at him again. "Lovely creature, she is. Been awhile since I've owned any pets. Might have to look into getting one eventually." He contemplated out loud. Then again he would probably wait until after wherlinghood. No need to take care of a baby wher and a pet at the same time.

"No such luck, yet, eh kid?" Ferghas said as he pulled out his tin of smokes. "Hope you don't mind. Bad habits are hard to quit." He said before he lit one and took a deep drag. "I've only been a candidate a handful of sevendays. Only since I got here to New Atricis." Ferghas answered him. "Sorry, forgive my manners. You can have a smoke too if you like."
Image Image Image Image

Shiftergirl

Sun May 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Wrihelm couldn't help but smile. This man had something of the same remark when it came to the night. They seemed to like the night. He himself hadn't thought in all of his life that he would grow so fond of the night, just looking at the stars and watching time pass. He had also found that hunting at night was a challenge yes, but he hat gotten used to getting that done. Trailing into his thoughts he almost missed what the man said about his dog.

"Yes, she is lovely and a good friend to me. I have found that she is the best I have for those nights I'm lonely. A pet is great, thought with being a candidate, I'm happy to have her around, I'm not sure what she will do once the wher is around." He looked back to see her still chewing on the jerky, almost as if she was saving it as long as she could. He thought about it, Marlin was a hunter, she hunted animals that he had trained her to hunt, such as fowl and others fauna that would cause them harm. He wondered if she would hunt the wher or if worse, the wher would hunt her. He quickly shook himself much like a dog, no, he would explain to them both if he had to that they could work together and learn to hunt as a unit and not apart.

"I've not had any luck yet no. Seems the hatchings of whers is few and far between here. I'm worried that they don't have enough for keeping the weyr safe, I see many of them mostly males." He didn't know what was going on, the night was filled with patrols with whers, but he just hadn't seen many hatching's lately. "I'm sorry, I don't smoke, haven't wanted to or needed to." He said not trying to be rude, just didn't find it worth his thrill, a drink every now and then, well that was always welcome. He couldn't say he was in need of it, but on the occasion where he wanted to just relax, a good benden wine or glass of whisky did the trick.

As a candidate though, he wasn't supposed to drink anymore. The rules he had to follow to stay in line and keep from having the WherLeaders on his head was long and now and then he found himself wanted to break a few. He pulled himself out of his own thoughts again and figured it was from being tired and looked back at Ferghas and looked him up and down again. Only been a candidate for a handful of sevendays. Well now.

"i'll have to be honest, but you don't look like someone that was pulled here for a candidate offer. Did you get searched and that's why you are here." He just out and bluntly had to ask. He was a older gentlemen, you didn't see them often impressing anything. So why. Curiosity had him wanting to know.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 13, 2016 5:18 pm

"Pets can certainly be wonderful. A lot of work, but worth it generally. At least from what I have known." Ferghas agreed with the young man. "It's good to have a friend you can count on. One that won't betray you and leave you. I'm sure even when you get a wher she'll do fine with it. Hopefully the wher will do well with her too." He said, being polite and kind for the time being. It wouldn't do to make enemies this early after all. Later...quite possibly, but now was not a good idea.

What the lad said next did not give him much hope. Perhaps this hadn't been a good idea...but Ferghas wasn't the type to throw in the towel so quickly. "Maybe the hatchings will start picking up. We can always hope, anyways. Until then...we've got all those lovely chores to keep ourselves preoccupied with." That was sarcasm pure and sure. Ferghas understood the lessons and exercise, but he didn't particularly enjoy the chores. Why did he have to do something that was more suited for the drudges. He wasn't a drudge and the fact he had to act like one while a candidate irked him to no end. "Don't apologize. You don't smoke, you don't smoke. As long as you don't care if I do it." Ferghas spoke with the cigarette hanging off of his lip. So far he hadn't heard any rules against smoking, so until he was told otherwise he was going to enjoy at least one of his vices without worrying if he should or not.

"i'll have to be honest, but you don't look like someone that was pulled here for a candidate offer. Did you get searched and that's why you are here."

Ferghas gave a hearty laugh and clapped the boy on the shoulder. "Honesty is the best policy, eh? No, I came here incidentally. I was a guard for one of the caravans. However, when it was time to leave...I didn't. Decided to stick it out here and see what could happen. I actually offered myself up as a candidate for the whers and since there seems to be a need for them well...here I am." He explained. "What about you? Why be a candidate?"
Image Image Image Image

Shiftergirl

Fri May 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Wirhelm Smiled at the complement he was given. Yes, he has a very loyal companion with him. He rubbed his hands together looking at Marlin. Yes, it had taken a lot of work to get her to where she was. "I have worked hard training her to hunt with me. She is good with it, always ready for the kill when I need her to be. Sometimes a little headstrong, but she is still yet a pup." He grinned at the last thought he said. "If I have to keep them together, I will teach them to work as a team, if they won't work as a team, I hate to have to give up on her, but I'll give her up I guess." He didn't like the thought of having to give up Marlin, she was a smart dog, it would just take some time for them, and he believed they would get along just find.

He looked the man in the face as he spoke about the hatchings. "Yes I do hope so, I have been waiting for a while now, the last hatching produced some good looking hatchlings, I just wasn't in the hatching that round. I'm looking for the hatching to happen soon that would help build up on the whers. AS for the chores, I don't know what they have in mind to keep us busy with anymore, I believe they could be running out of Idea's." He chuckled. He hadn't quite got the idea as to why they were doing chores now, they seemed to be at the end of the line on lessons and idea's to do. thought now that a hatching was over and new candidates around, the lessons may pick back up. "A man must have his smoke or others that he need to keep himself going through the day. I have no problem with you doing as you please. I have my little works I have with smithing and some tanning, you have your cigarette."

Wrihelm felt the blow and chuckled at the man when he started to laugh. He saw the humor in his face and knew this could only be good. Once he got his little tale of what had made him stay and why he had stayed, he himself found this to be a good reason. With his own past, yes, he knew, that sometimes when you have a opportunity, you take it. The question he was provided was a little different for him, he looked the man over, he didn't seem to have the air around him that would cause him to balk, but then, he eyed him before giving up on his own reason.

"I came here originally to be a dragon rider, but when I got here I wasn't picked to be rider, or well searched. The dragon that did the inspection apparently said I would do better here, so I took my leave of dragons and went to be a guard or smith of the weyr instead. I hadn't really wanted to be a wher handler at the time. So instead of taking the candidate rank I started to make short swords of whatever the weyr or people of the weyr needed, then I just well, saw what was going on with the whers, the way they looked and how they acted, sent word to my family and took up being a candidate after all. Something about them struck me a beautiful, much like the dragons, in there own way of course." He looked at the man, had he gotten a little to open with the man. Had he shared to much with him, he wasn't sure, but he knew his intentions were good that was all that mattered, let the sticks fall where they did and lay. He was not here for bad blood this night.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 20, 2016 4:23 am

"You never know. She might work well with a wher. It's not unheard of. Caravan's in the north have been known to use both." That wasn't a lie. One of the caravan's he had lived with had been lucky enough to have a wher to help guard them at night. He had never paid much attention to the wher or their handler, but he remember there was a few times that the wher had certainly helped to caravan out. Guard dogs, though, were a lot more common. Ferghas had even helped to train a few of them himself. Canines were easy to understand...people not so much.

Ferghas blew a few smoke rings above his head. "Chores are chores....no matter what you do or what you are. There will always be menial tasks that have to be done." Those tasks were generally left to those of the lowest rank, like candidates. Ferghas, if he had his way, would not linger on the bottom much longer. He wanted to be the one delegating the chores to others, not being told what to do. "Yes, I'm happy they don't take those away from candidates at least. Giving up sex and alcohol was bad enough." He stated with irritation.

"Yes, who hasn't dreamed at one point or another to be a rider." It was a common childhood dream. Even he as a holdless child had dreamed of one day riding through the clouds on the back of a dragon. He knew then that it was a dream that would likely never come true, but it was still fun to dream. Him and his friends would often times pretend to be riders when they would play in the deep caverns of her holdless home. Upon arriving here he knew there was no way he could be a dragon candidate, he was too old, but wher candidate...that was different. "Nothing wrong with just being a crafter. I can think of worse things a person could be." He took another deep inhale of his cigarette. "Well...here's to wishing us the best of luck at the next hatching. That's about all we can do, isn't it?"
Image Image Image Image