Three's Company (Darilex|Marvealle)

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Linnea

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:00 am

Rask go? Rhea looked up from where he was lacing his boots. Rask go with Rask's?

"Sorry, Rask," Rhea replied with a small smile as he tied the final knot, "this is just a meeting for me. I need you to stay with Rheask now. I'll be back soon." The dualhandler stood up and smacked the imaginary dust from the day off his pants and hands before heading towards the door.

Why Rask no go?

"There's not enough room, Rask," Rhea explained as he walked over and scratched her browridges and behind her ears. The attention seemed to mollify her for the time being and Rhea gave Rheask a few pats, as well -- the brown rumbling in settled approval -- before slipping into the corridor and walking to Darilex's office.

It was the early hours of the morning. Rhea was currently in the middle of his late night free time and had about an hour and a half before curfew, but this had been the only time his and Darilex's schedules had matched up long enough to allow for this meeting. It was not required, at least not by the wherlingmaster, but Rhea had requested it, because it was hard enough trying to keep up with Rask -- whose color had been decided to be not gold or bronze, but something new and never seen before -- without understanding how she would develop and Rhea did not want to go into dualhandling male and female whers blind. This was especially important as Rask grew closer to being of an age to rise -- assuming she was like other whers. Darilex, being a dualhandler himself, and one impressed to both a male and female wher, seemed as good a person as any to speak with on this subject. Rhea had been lucky the wherhandler leader had been open to his request.

Darilex's office was not far away as the wherhandler tunnel system and community was small in comparison to Isil's sprawling compound, so Rhea reached the door in next to no time whatsoever. Confirming he looked presentable for a professional, educational meeting with Darilex, the young man reached up and knocked on the door. "It is Rhea," he introduced himself for the man, "I've come for out meeting."
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:24 am

Darilex has made sure to make time for his meeting with Rhea that night. He knew it was easiest for the novice dualhandler to take time out during his evening freetime before curfew, and so Darilex had made sure to get his work done so he could make the time without needing to rush their meeting. It helped he had no mindhealing sessions today, so he took that early time he was usually awake before his whers and put it toward his other work, such as paperwork, which there seemed to be no end of. Darilex would have hated to find out what it was like to be Weyrleader or Weyrwoman.

In the time preceding Rhea's arrival, Darilex decided to send his whers out, to which they happily did, Darisk excitedly leading Darilesk out to go hunt somewhere. It gave them more room, and Darilex wouldn't have to worry about his whers snuffling over their shoulders while they spoke honestly about being a dualhandler. Once the whers were out, Darilex moved about his sitting area to clean up the files and papers he had sitting about and return them to his personal office in their respective drawers and cabinets.

It was perfect timing when the knock came upon Darilex's door, he had just finished his organizing and was stepping out into the sitting room again when he heard the knock and the voice call from the other side of the wide door. Picking up a grumbling gold flitt from a chair, he crossed the room and opened the door, in fact seeing the young dualhandler in question. He smiled welcomingly, and gestured the young man in.

“Quite punctual,” he commented lightly, soon leading him over to the chairs and gesturing for him to sit, placing Darling on the back of a chair once Rhea had chosen his.

“Would you like anything to drink,” he decided to offer before they settled down too much. He didn't think Rhea would be hungry, as dinner time had already happened for the Wherhandlers by now. “I could also send out for some food if you want anything to eat while we meet.” He decided to make that offer as well, just in case.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Linnea

Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:43 am

When Darilex opened the door, Rhea saluted the man, as was deserving of his current position as wherhandler leader. Even though they had never been in a team together, it was odd to think someone he had gone through wherlinghood with had risen to such a high rank. Of course, that had been Darilex's second time through and their interactions had been limited because of that. “I do my best, sir,” Rhea replied to Darilex's comment on his punctuality before stepping inside. After everything he had gone through with his parents, with Rina, with the flood and his recovery, Rhea had learned the importance of obedience and respect first and foremost. His superiors held that position for a reason. It was in his best interest to learn from them. It was in everyone's best interest that he obey.

Learning was what brought him here today, however. Darilex had five turns of experience in a position that Rhea had only recently found himself inhabiting. Seating himself as Darilex directed, Rhea's eyes continued to follow Darilex as the man continued to stand.

“I'm still quite full from dinner, though I appreciate the offer,” Rhea declined with a small smile. Having been on the quieter side even as a child, Rhea had often been left to his own devices and time – both of which were often spent studying people and social cues. He knew enough not to turn down Darilex's offers on both fronts, however, so he added a quick but polite, “Some water certainly wouldn't be amiss.” Water was a simple request, after all.

Once the beverage was in his hands, Rhea took a sip before setting the glass down. “Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to meet with me today, sir,” he spoke, ready to get down to the business of the meeting if Darilex agreed, “I don't mean to infringe on any of your spare time, though.”
Marvealle
Site Admin

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:04 am

Darilex merely smiled and nodded as Rhea answered his offers, turning down the offer for food politely but accepting some water. Darilex made a brief stop in his kitchen for a pitcher of water he had in there and a pair of glasses, returning and placing the glasses down on the tea table between the chairs, filling of Rhea's first before filling his own and seating himself, taking a quick sip of the water before setting the glass back down and becoming Darling over to him so the gold wouldn't be a bother to Rhea.

“Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to meet with me today, sir, I don't mean to infringe on any of your spare time, though.”

Again Darilex just smiled gently, shaking his head this time. "It's quite all right, Rhea. I would rather you come to me about anything you need rather than worry about taking up any of my spare time." And Darilex was being honest about that. He had always preferred people coming to him and telling him about their troubles or asking him questions they needed to help themselves out, it was why he had continued practicing mindhealing for so long, and perhaps what had gotten him into mindhealing in the first place. As a Leader now, he knew this was part of the job, or at least, he felt like it was, helping his handlers when they sought him out for his help. Although thinking of the other handlers as "his handlers," the way many Leaders thought about their subordinates, was still a very new concept to him.

"So," he began as a way of starting their conversation first, "Do you have any specific questions for me first? I know there isn't a lot of training for dualhandlers, it can be a bit tricky learning, especially when your whers are two different genders, so don't be afraid of asking anything, any question is valid."
Image x10
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Linnea

Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:54 am

Rhea took a sip of the water when Darilex handed it to him before setting the glass down as Darilex beckoned any particular questions out of him.

“I realize I may face some differences since we still don't know much about Rask's color, but I was curious about runs,” he asked, jumping to the point of most concern and curiosity, “I know there will be a lesson on them soon considering she's getting close to the age where some colors start to run, but I was curious as to the differences. I know what it's like when Rheask chases, but not so much the other way around.”
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:12 pm

It came as no surprise that Rhea would ask about Runs first, it was perhaps what made handling a female wher different from handling a male wher. Sometimes, admittedly, Darilex envied those who only had to handle a pair of males, but at the same time, he wouldn't trade Darisk away, she worked well with Darilesk and it made for interesting conversation to mention the fact Darisk was Darilesk's offspring.

"That's a very good thing to discuss, I must say it was somewhat strange for me when Darisk Ran the first time. I had already been through a few Runs with Darilesk, so I was already used to how things go from the male's end. From the female's end of things, well, one of the first things that's different is before the actual Run. Most males don't really build up to Chasing, they just see a female Run and they Chase her, they might anticipate the Run, but there's any actual build up. With a female wher though, a few days before her Run, her behavior will change, and you might feel the change through your bond with her. Many female whers get proddy and snappy before their Run, some might get flirty, and you might notice a stronger desire to flirt or even to take people to bed than normal. That's what I feel when Darisk is nearing a Run, but I personally find it easy enough to ignore."

Darilex took a moment to pause, sipping his water again for a moment to allow Rhea to take all that in for that moment, and also to make sure Darling stayed with him so she didn't torment Rhea or try to preen his hair.

"The actual Run is a bit different, though it can be a bit hard to really describe how it feels. Sometimes though, females will be hungry, and you'll have to make them blood instead of gorging, because feasting on too much meat will slow her down greatly and hinder her Run. Males aren't as difficult about that, and neither is Darisk, but Rask might be more stubborn about it when she Rises for the first time.

"As the handler of a Running female, you can decide if you want participants in your living space or if you want to lock your door. It certainly is a different experience, being the center of that kind of attention. It's a little weird when you're used to being on the end of a Chaser. You're used to putting all your attention into one, instead of trying to figure out how to handle the attentions of multiple people. Luckily, most handlers are pretty well behaved, sometimes I almost feel bad for dragonriders, since I hear their Flights are much more... passionate." Here he chuckled lightly.

"It will certainly feel like a new experience to you though, and one piece of advice I have for you is to try to stay sensitive to any sudden changes in Rask's personality or in yourself. Staying sensitive to that is the difference between having a few days' warning of her Run and being caught by surprise, which I suppose is a bright side to females, the potential for having time to prepare."
Image Image Image Image
Linnea

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:14 am

By the end of Darilex's explanation, Rhea was staring at his lap with a glow on his cheeks and ears that spoke of his own naivety in the more sensual aspects of a run. Oh, who was he kidding? Rhea had never even kissed a girl before. The last time he had even liked a girl had been turns ago and that, obviously, had not ended well when she ended up chasing after some other guy. They were friends, so of course he had swallowed his own feelings and cheered her on. Jlayra was still his friend, but that was all. Even now, he could not see her as anything more and had long since recovered from that silent heartbreak.

The information, as embarrassing to think about as some of it was, was taken in quickly, however, and very much appreciated. There was one more question he had in regards to runs. It is possible he should have known it, but he never paid much attention to runs or other participants. "Does Darilesk chase Darisk?" he asked, wondering at the oddity of the sensation of chasing and being chased at the same time. And what if Rheask were to catch Rask?