Welcome to the Wherlinghood [Tag- Ember/Yara]

Nothing like the Isil Tunnelhold the wherhandlers used to live in, these tunnels are just big enough for dark living spaces for the handlers and their whers, a small hatching sands, and a small lounge for the whers and any unbonded whers during the day. Wherlings move straight into the dens after bonding.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:59 am

Vithire smiled softly when Yaranavexa scratched her wherlet, earning a kicking leg in response to finding the right spot. Wherlets were so adorable, she kind of missed when Vithiresk had been one. It brought a thought to her mind... and idea she hadn't considered since the first Vithiresk's passing during the Isil flood... perhaps...? Now wasn't the time to think of that though, right now was about Yarana and Yarask.

"I would like to have a blooding ceremony, yes. I have no intentions at all of running off on Yarask."

Vithire nodded in understanding. "I trust the honesty of your words. You two seem to have a good bond already. Come this way," she encouraged the woman, waving her to follow her away from the miniature archive and study room and back into the common room of the wher tunnels. She then led her over to one of the small tables that Vithire had been nearby earlier, and she picked up a small leather bundle in her hands.

"If you wish, we may do the ceremony now, under my supervision." She handed Yarana the small bundle, and within it, she would find a simple, but sharp dagger, not embellished with anything, clearly left plain so things could be added to it as desired, as many handlers did. Vithire even kept her own blooding dagger with her most of the time in a small sheath on her belt that rarely drew notice.

"Unwrap the bundle, and take the knife in your hand, if you wish." Vithire drew her own dagger then, always glad she had kept it with her all these turns, even though blooding hadn't been a ceremony with traditions at that time.

"With your new blade and your blood, you are promising yourself to your wher and to the Wherhandlers of New Atricis Weyr, to do everything within your ability for your wher and your fellow Wherhandlers. By performing this ceremony, you are accepting the responsibility of raising a wherlet, and being bonded to her for as long as your bond shall last," Vithire stated, her tone barely different from before, but the way she held out her own dagger, holding it horizontally as if just holding it was ceremonial, suggested this was a blooding promise verbally spoken before the physical act was complete.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:30 am

Yarana did exactly as directed, bringing the blade she'd been given over her hand in the horizontal manner depicted. She didn't so much as hiss which made her wher croon - such bravery Yarana displayed! - before she came forward to do her part of the ceremony. Her tongue swiped over the wound and then, in what seemed like a flash, it was over; there was a smear of blood on Yarask's bright hide, and it was starting to clot around the wound on her hand, but it was over.

She felt no different physically, but mentally... it felt... "Stronger." She glanced up at Vithire and tilted her head a little. "Is it supposed to feel a little stronger?" Or was it her, some kind of effect that was not really there. She wasn't sure, and maybe it wasn't something she needed to concern herself with. Regardless, she was glad she had done this, because she felt it had brought her closer to Yarask, who was trying to lean against her as she bandaged her hand up. "I wll never leave your side, Yarask."

It was a promise the light wher knew she would never break, and she looked up at her with bright, whirling eyes that made her smile. "She's the best thing to ever happen to me." The words were spoken to Vithire rather absently, almost as if without real notice of what was being said. "I can't imagine life without her..."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —