Can't We Do Anything? - Tag: Shyran/LdyPayne

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:00 am

Argow followed closely behind her handler as he made his way to one of their closest friend's cabin. She was proud of her Darrow. For as shy and introverted as he was, he seemed to be slowly becoming more and more confident. While she would like to take the most credit for that, she would not deny that Shyran and Pacaran, plus Devyn and the return of his sister, had played a major part of it. For example, right now he was going to Shyran's so the two of them could go speak with Micah, the patriarch of the pack, about the arrest of one of their own...Isolde, handler to Gray Reshelde.

The whole thing was rather hush hush, with the Pack only being told the bare minimum of what they had to know. Justicars from Walled came to the weyr, they had evidence that Isolde was guilty of some crime, and after a hearing with the weyr's leaders she was taken back to Walled with the Justicars. Darrow was a singer, not part of the Legion, and he knew little of the intricacies of the laws of Atricis, but he'd been in agreement with Shyran that perhaps there was something the rest of the pack could do to help Isolde. Shyran and Pacaran were diplomats within the pack, they would be more help than he would be, but of course he was going to come along to back up her idea.

Any chance you think this will work, Argow? Darrow asked his black as they neared Shyran's cabin. Regardless, there is no harm in trying to help our fellow pack mate. The worse thing would be Micah tells us no. I cannot imagine what I would do if that happened to you. I do believe they would have to fight me first before I let them take you away. The black said with conviction. Darrow felt so loved that his black would try to defend him like that. I love you, Argow, but I'd prefer you to not get on the bad side of any law. He said as he reached over and rubbed Argow's neck.

Then they were at Shyran's. Darrow knocked on her door and then patiently waited.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
LdyPayne

Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Shyran tightened her belt around her waist, her tunic neatly tucked in leaving just her light jacket lose over her shoulders. Her legs were clad in light skin tight dark blue trousers which were still very new looking but in fact were old enough to be well broken in. Her boots were ended about mid calf and were also a dark blue and comfortable.

Ever since the Justicars left Atricis with Isolde and Reshelde Shyran was worried. She may not know Isolde all that well but the woman and her Daywher were part of the same pack and Shyran felt as a Handler of the very rare Diplomat class of Day Wher they should be allowed to participate in the trial. If Isolde was guilty Shyran doubt there was much they could do about it. Reshelde wouldn't want to leave her bonded but perhaps some sort of bargain could be made. Unfortunately Shyran couldn't just show up at Walled and demand to be allowed to stand for Isolde. She may be from Walled Hold but she was a Daywher Handler of Atricis and thus had no judicial right to activities within Walled Hold. Yet the two communities weren't enemies so maybe there could be a way to be included.

Whatever she intended to do she knew it would require going through proper channels which meant talking with Micah. Fortunately she was able to convince Darrow to come along, to stand with her to present her case to Daywher Master Micah.

Hearing a knock at the door, Shyran looked towards it and smiled. Darrow was here right on time. "Come in Darrow," she called out, having left her door unlocked so he could just walk in.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:54 pm

"Come in Darrow."

Darrow turned the handle and allowed himself in. Argow decided to wait for them both outside. "Hey there, Shyran. You look nice. You ready to plead our case to Micah?" He asked with only a twinge of nervousness in his voice. He'd never spoken one on one with the dayhandler leader before, so he couldn't help but be a bit antsy about it. Luckily, he had enough practice in proper social graces that he too had thought to dress in nicer garb. It wasn't anything too fancy; just clean black pants, a nice gray tunic, and a black hide vest.

"Argow is waiting outside. Is there anything we need to do or get before we head there?" He asked curiously. He wanted them to be as prepared as possible. "I...uh...still don't know much about diplomacy and since this involves the law...well, I'm doubly lost. Whatever you need from me, to get or do, just let me know." He offered to her. Darrow sincerely doubted that there would be much he could do to help, but if she needed him he would be there for her.

Once she was ready he would follow her lead to Micah's office.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

LdyPayne

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:21 pm

"Hello Darrow, I'm glad you made it. I'm as ready as I'll ever be to plead my case." Shyran smiled at him when he complimented her. She took a look at him and thought he looked quite handsome in black and grey. "You look nice yourself, by the way."

Shyran took a moment to glance into her mirror to make sure her hair was not sticking out anywhere then glanced over at Pacaran who was already moving torwards the large door, ready to join Argow. Her assorted firelizards were off entertaining themselves elsewhere but Precious was stretched out on her bed acting like a little princess. Shyran considered bringing one with her but decided against it, Pacaran was all the support she needed along with Darrow.

"No, I have everything I should need," Shyran responded then moved towards the door. She pulled it open and let Pacaran head out first then turned to Darrow. "I'm as prepared as I can be to present our case to Micah. There's also plenty of reasons why you will be a great help, not just in talking with Micah but, if he should let us go to Walled Hold, when we negotiate with the Justicars. We are both familiar with Walled Hold and how it works but more importantly you are moral support."

Shyran placed her hand on Darrow's shoulder and smiled, "I can handle the diplomatic side of things, besides your experience with performing before a crowd most likely means you are very good at reading their moods, even manipulating it."

Shyran exited her apartment and closed the door behind her once Darrow was out.

<Hello clutch brother Argow, I hope the day finds you well.> Pacaran greeted him.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 am

A light blush covered his cheeks at her compliment. One of his best friends or not he still blushed as easily as a young maid. "Ah...thank you." He said as he looked everywhere but her for a second until his ears weren't burning. "I'm ready if you are." Darrow stated with more confidence than he actually felt.

"Well, you certainly have me for all the moral support you could want." If he could be nothing else then he could at least be that. Moral support was his middle name when it came to those family members he worked with back home. For all he was the quiet one, he was generally the one that was always giving people little encouraging words. "I can't promise that we'll be successful, no matter how great I think you'll do, but we can at least try." They had to do at least that for their pack mate. "I can certainly give it my best. I don't think that reading them would be too much more different than reading a crowd at a concert." She wasn't wrong. He knew how to play to a crowd and when he was acting he could change the feel of the audience if he so needed to.

Darrow followed Pacaran outside who was immediately greeted by Argow. I am well, Pacaran. Anxious for them to get this figured out. My heart is broken for our pack brother, Reshelde." She stated in a sorrowful voice and took lead in heading towards where Micah's office was. Darrow fell into step next to Shyran. "I've never spoken to Micah one on one before. Have you?" He asked curiously.
Image Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Knowing Darrow will give him all the support he can, Shyran felt if they had any chance to save their packmate, both Wher and Handler, then having Darrow there with her would simply enhance that chance. Deep down however she doubted anything she or Darrow could say would sway the Justicars. Even then she did have a plan for how to get the best deal for Isolde and Reshelde.

"Just trying our best to help is more than enough," Shyran responded. "Besides, my goal isn't just to try to have all charges on Isolde dropped or dismissed, I don't know her enough personally to say if she's innocent or guilty. However, I do have a plan, all which I will present to Wherhandler Micah."

Pacaran brushed his shoulder against Argow's gently in a friendly gesture. Despite being pretty much the same length and height as the black, Pacaran was lighter built in comparison and definitely not near the same weight. His role wasn't to fight or protect but to prevent needless fighting among the Pack and with other Packs should they encounter any.

<We will do everything we can to see our Pack Brother back home and his Handler too. Whatever sins she may have done in the other place, are not sins she has done here.>

Shyran walked next to Darrow as they all headed towards Micah's office. She glanced over at him when he asked his question. "Neither have I, but I'm not going to let that deter us. Besides, now that the mystery of the Felines has been determined, I think we can be spared for the time required to speak with the Justicars of Walled Hold."

By this time they reached Micah's office and Shyran knocked firmly upon his door. When he called for them to enter, she opened the door and filed in.

"Good morning Patriarch Micah, sorry to interrupt your day but Darrow and I wish to talk to you about a matter of importance," Shyran as soon as she was inside Micah's office.

ooc: I hope it's alright to move them into micah's office.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Argow returned the friendly gesture and rubbed back against Pacaran. I know we will, but knowing that we will do are best is not as reassuring as knowing that our best will be enough. I suppose I should not be so anxious, but it is hard not to be when one of our own is in trouble. The black appreciated her brother's support. That was what the Pack was for, to support each other and look out for one another. The thought that they would not be able to help Isolde and Reshelde didn't settle at all with Argow. She was a guardian, it was her job to protect and right now she felt the slightest bit of a failure since they had been taken even though, logically, she realized she didn't have control over the situation anyways.

"Thank the goddesses for that. For awhile there I was beginning to wonder if there was going to be a solution to any of the problems the weyr has been suffering from here lately." It was rather surprising what had been behind the feline attacks. Hopefully with the people training them having been caught the attacks would stop. Why on Pern those people decided to work with felines in the first place went far above his understanding. "I just hope that he decides we can spend our time trying to help." Darrow stated as the two of them reached Micah's door.

Micah's deep voice had easily reached through the door and invited them in. Inside the office cabin the bloodhandler sat behind his desk and worked on paperwork. Zenucah was curled up in his corner of the office and watched the two curiously as they entered. The Patriarch finished the sentence he was writing before he turned light blue eyes up to two of his younger pack members. His hair was still brilliantly red, but there was some graying now on the sides and his sideburns. "Ya no' interruptin' at all. Please, 'ave a seat 'n tell m' wha's on ya minds." His accent was still as thick as it had always been, but his voice was kindly.

Darrow stayed behind Shyran, but gave a polite bow to the older handler. He'd let her explain why they were there, but if she needed him to add something he would.
Image Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Wed May 02, 2018 12:16 am

Pacaran cooed softly to help ease Argow's anxiety though the Jewel could understand why his Guardian sister would be anxious. To have one of their own taken away without even a chance to use diplomatic means to settle the issue was hard on him as well. He hoped his Handler's plan did play out to allow Pacaran and his clutch sister to do whatever they can to bring their packmate back as well as his Handler.

Shyran took a seat as soon as the Patriarch invited them to. Pacaran inclined his head towards Zenucah in respect for her before settling down near his own Handler. For now he will let his Handler convince the Matriarch's Handler but he was willing to give his support when needed.

"We have been talking and given the situation with Isolde and Reshelde being taken by the Justicars of Walled Hold," Shyran began, "Given Isolde is part of our Pack and Pacaran one of the Diplomat class of Day Wher, we felt we should be sent to stand with Isolde and Reshelde. They may have committed a crime in Walled Hold but they are part of New Atricis and the Daywher Pack and with a clean record."
Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 04, 2018 4:58 am

Argow gave a polite nod to the older blood before she sat down next to Pacaran. Darrow also decided to keep his mouth closed for now, though he stood right next to Shyran as she began to speak their case. His heart was rattling a little within its cage. Though, it did seem as if the patriarch was a kind man and not too horrible to talk to, but then he wasn't the one talking to him either.

Micah put down his quill and ran his one good hand through his short hair with a sigh that spoke of how tired he was. He was use to having to deal with issues, but the issue with Isolde and the Justicars was just very complicated. "Ya'll worried 'bout 'er, aye? I know. Me too. Trust me, the last t'ing I wanted ta d' was ta 'and 'er o'er ta them, but...my 'and was tied." Micah had been there when Isolde had been brought in. He had wanted nothing more than to try and convince the leaders into let her stay at the weyr, but the Justicars had been adamant and even their resident Justicar had to side with them.

"Unfortunately, regardless o' ''er record 'ere, Isolde committed a crime at Walled. They 'ave the right ta take 'er back for a trial." There was no way to get her out of that. "The Justicars that came 'ere...they didn' seem all tha' keen on wantin' any o' the Pack ta come ta her defense. As much as I don' want ta say it....I can sor't o' see why they are bein' cautious. Exactly wha' did ya 'ave 'n mind if ya were allowed ta go to her in Walled."
Image Image Image Image

LdyPayne

Sun May 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Shyran nodded when Micah asked if she was worrieda bout Isolde and her Daywher. It was the truth even though she didn't know them personally all that well. It had been hard enough having a friend lose her Daywher to one of the vicious human trained felines the last thing she wanted was to sit around and do nothing to help another packmate and their bonded.

"I don't disagree with the Justicar's right to take Isolde back to Walled Hold for trial," Shyran responded just to be clear. "I'm from Walled Hold myself, lived there my entire life as did my parents."

She fell silent as Micah continued to explain the situation. It didn't surprise her Walled Hold didn't want any of the Pack or anybody from Atricis for that matter, being present. What Hold or Weyr would like outside help in dealing with their own internal affairs? But this was not a typical case, even if Isolde was every bit as guilty as the Justicar claimed. Her Daywher was not guilty of anything and what would become of him should Isolde be imprisoned for life or even executed for her crime? Would they slaughter him too?

"Reshelde is an Atricis Daywher and he certainly committed no crimes at Walled. If Isolde is guilty and punished appropriately he won't react well. What Daywher would when their bonded is in danger? I would use all our diplomatic skills to find a way to ensure Reshelde isn't just slaughtered out of hand by the Justicars. He'll likely want to die before allowing his bonded to be injured much less Executed if Isolde's crime warrants capital punishment." Shyran took a deep breath, bolstered by the silent presence of Pacaran in her mind and knowing Darrow was behind her 100%. "I would be doing my best to find a way to keep not only Isolde alive but her Daywher as well. If she is found guilty perhaps arrangements could be made she is held here instead. This way Reshelde will still have his bonded and could be a beneficial member of the pack."

The one thing Shyran didn't know was how Isolde would take to this arrangement. The thought of being forever separated from Reshelde may be too much for her. Both may prefer to be together in death than forever apart alive. There was also the fact Shyran doubted the Justicar would allow Isolde to carry out her sentence outside of Walled Hold and in that case she doubted Reshelde would want to leave. That sort of distance would result in the bond breaking eventually, according to what they were taught as Daywherlings. Could Isolde even want that for herself? To be completely cut off from her Grey? Shyran knew she would prefer death over being separated from Pacaran yet would she want him to die along with her if there was a way for him to live, even find another? In the end it really did come down to what Isolde and Reshelde wanted.