So Much Planning! {Tag Naji/Parker}

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 am

It had been quite some time since Najden's initial proposal. Over a turn in fact, but, given their jobs as Dayhandlers and what had been happening more recently among the Wherhandlers, it was understandable it had taken them a while to get things even slightly together. They had even finally moved in together between Najden's proposal and now. Of course, no one really expected them to get married married. In fact, I'li, Inakil's father, had been more than a bit surprised by the news, given that his son was Weyrbred and marriage still was a rather rare thing among those at the Weyr.. He'd done his best to be supportive though, so Inakil was satisfied.

Inakil and Dolcekil had the day off from the creche though, and so Inakil buried himself in wedding planning. A few archivists that knew Inakil well joked about him acting like a bride when they saw him gathering reference material, and he jsut responded with a chuckle before borrowing what he needed to take to his and Najden's shared cabin.

His references were strewn across their table, along with writing utensils and scrap paper for ideas. Being Weyrbred, Inakil wasn't terribly familiar with marriage customs, so he could really use the research. The fact that this wasn't what some would consider a "traditional" marriage didn't help either. Most everything he found was about men and women marrying and it often sounded more like the woman being given away to the man like property. At least for the Northern based texts he could find. The Southern seemed the opposite, but still treated one half of the equation like property. It was weird, he couldn't help but think.

"Wait, people do that," he said aloud to himself in shock when he read a text that talked about the... err. marital bed and... proof of consummating the marriage. "People are weird."
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:04 am

For all it had been awhile since he'd proposed to Inakil, Naji was no less excited for the wedding that would happen. Well, that is until recently. The feline attacks had been the major cause of them delaying setting a date, but the seriousness of the situation had not fully been realized by him until the latest attack. Two of his closest friends had been attacked by the damned creatures and because of those fucking felines, he had lost one of those dear friends. Talen had lived, thank Faranth, but he'd been banged up pretty badly. Naji had gone to visit both of them after the attacks. Talen had been awake and talking when he visited, but Esca...It would forever haunt him that his friend didn't get to hear his last words to him. He'd told both Devyn and Cas to call him if they needed anything, but a mere three days after the attack Esca was gone.

Since then, Inakil had done everything he could to console his fiance and Naji loved him all the more for it, but being the sort that was prone to depression, it was unavoidable that he fell into it. However, thanks to his wonderful fiance he no longer dealt with depression with cutting himself, but his alcohol and drug use had gotten worse since the greenhandler's death.

Today he seemed to not be able to shake the depression at all. Normally, he could go on about his day or make himself happier by doing something with Inakil and their day whers. Today he had merely gone through the motions of patrols and duties. Once he got home to their now shared cabin he'd immediately taken a bath. When he came out, towel wrapped around his waist, he'd gone to the couch and laid down on it and didn't bother to put on clothes. After taking a few hits of joy plant, he'd lit a cigarette and tried to enjoy both of those things while he listened to Inakil turning pages of the wedding books he'd gotten.

"Wait, people do that. People are weird."

Curious enough, Naji got up from the couch and moved to look over Inakil's shoulder at the text he was reading. It didn't take long for him to know exactly what Inakil was talking about. "Weird is a nice way of putting it. I'd call it barbaric myself. But then...what's the point in buying a brood mare if you don't know for sure that she has been bred." He instantly realized his words were rather harsh. "Sorry love. I don't mean to sound so cynical. There is a reason I have never cared for marriages. At least, not the way they are done up north." He said and then took a seat next to him at their table. His spent smoke he stubbed out in the ash tray he left there. His tiny tin of joy plant he'd tucked into the waist band of his towel while he laid on the couch, so he took that out to take another pinch of. The first one had done nothing for him so far and generally it did. "The idea of marriage, though, I can get behind that. I want to be with you for the rest of our lives and to let the whole world know how devoted I am to you. That part of marriage I like, but this..." His hand waved over the tombs spread on the table. "Most of this shite isn't for us. There's no dowry to be given, nothing has been arranged, neither of us are virgin...that's for damn sure." He managed to give Inakil a wink, though he wasn't as suggestive as normal. "I say we do our wedding the way we want to do it and not follow any preconceived notions of what a wedding should look like."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Inakil understood why Naji had been so down and sometimes negative lately. Shards, Inakil had had a few cries over Esca when it had happened. He tended to not know the other Dayhandlers as well due to being a Supporthandler instead of a Guard like most of them, but Esca had been a sweet man, one that had been there when Naji had proposed to. And then he was just gone. Naji didn't seem to be handling it that well, but then again, it could have been worse, especially with Naji. Still, Inakil couldn't help it when Naji's cynicism got him a little down in the moment, stifling an urge to sigh before Naji gave his apology. However, he found himself agreeing with Naji's following words, nodding and even chuckling at the virgin comment.

"You're right," he conceded with another nod. "I just... I don't really know what weddings and marriages are like. I'm Weyrbred, marriage wasn't even considered an option here until Weyrwoman Solange did it. I think there have been a handful of marriages in the Weyr since then. So I have no idea where to start." He scratched the back of his neck, his eyes darting to the tin of joy plant Naji had with him. He considered saying something, maybe framing it as a question, but then again, he didn't want to seem like he was picking a fight right now. Naji just needed a little more time first, he told himself.

"Do you have any ideas?"
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Naji tapped the little tin on the table a couple of times before he finally opened it for a pinch, then he pushed it to the other side of the table to leave it alone for now. He was almost expecting Inakil to say something about it, but his love remained decidedly quiet. He knew that he didn't love the fact that he still used drugs every now and then, more so now, but with his addictive personality it was almost impossible for him to fully quit. To be fair though, he'd never really tried to quit it completely either. He at least didn't hide it from Inakil.

He had not been around when Weyrwoman Solange had gotten married, but he had also found it a bit surprising at the number of actual wedding that had gone on in the weyr since he'd been there. Still, he was glad that the weyr was taking the institution of marriage and making it something for themselves as well. For turns the holds had declared that the weyrs were full of nothing but sex craved perverts that didn't understand the true sanctity of marriage, Naji was all for throwing that back in their face.

"Do you have any ideas?"

Naji leaned back in his chair and unceremoniously plopped one of his feet in Inakil's lap as he thought. "Talen's boyfriend, Brownrider C'sian, he told me about the time he helped with a traditional Walled wedding here at the weyr. Some of the things he described sounded pretty fun. At least more fun than the northern weddings. I've been to my fair share of those, they can be down right boring sometimes. Most I went to always felt more like a contract being read instead of two people declaring their undying love for each other...." His eyebrows furrowed for a second, "I suppose that is more of what they were though. I did always like the elaborate feasts that were held after them, though."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:50 pm

Inakil couldn't help but chuckle quietly when Naji plopped one of his feet in his lap, reaching down with his free hand to squeeze his foot affectionately. As he listened to Naji talk and give some of his ideas he kneaded his thumb into the arch of Naji's foot with his one hand, tapping the fingers of his other hand on the table in thought. He nodded in agreement at what Naji said about traditional Northern marriage.

"A lot of what I'm reading sounds like that for the North. At least Southerners try to pretend their marriages are more than a trade or contract." Even though Inakil, based on what he had read and heard, the South could treat their marriages just like that just as much as Northerners could, only the genders were reversed in those cases.

"I almost wish there was a way to kind of include our Daywhers too without people thinking it's weird. Maybe we could make them ring bearers," he said with a laugh, then realized something. "I just assumed, because, you know." he waved his left ring finger a moment, showing where Naji had placed one of his rings on Inakil's hand the evening he'd proposed. They hadn't had time to change it out for something more traditional, but Inakil had sort of liked how it felt at the time. "But... do you want to get and exchange rings?"
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Thanks to the joy plant, the massage to his foot earned Inakil with a very, very pleased moan of happiness. Naji sunk lower into the chair to the point his neck was resting almost uncomfortably on the back of it. "Mmm....keep doing that and I will more than make it up to you later." He purred to him, not at all paying attention to his towel that was slipping further away from him.

"They sound fun at least, from what Cas had told me." Naji agreed, though there was some sorrow when he spoke his friend's name. "Apparently, there is this whole thing they do the night before. There's something called the Painting Ceremony. Then, traditionally, the bride's maids goes and kidnaps the groom to be and hold him for randsom. Something like that anyways. That's waaaay more festive than the North. I'll take a Painting Ceremony over a Bedding Ceremony any day, thank you. Don't get me wrong, I've been an exhibitionist willingly before, but that was my damn choice." His tongue was always looser when he was under the influence like this.

Naji picked his head up. "I think that'd be a cute idea. I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it. And yes...I want to exchange rings. It's one of the few things I like of the North. It's a nice visual symbol for others to see." Without looking, Naji sloppily reached for his cigarettes. "We should probably decide if we want to do any traditions that have been specified for brides and grooms. If we do we need to pick which side we want...or if we don't we need to decide how to do that."
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:50 am

Inakil chuckled at Naji's almost obscene moan, and the fact his towel was slowly running away from him. At one time that would have made Inakil blush so hard his face would have looked like redfruit, but now he was much more comfortable, even if he did blush just a little at the way the towel dared to slip away but not quite doing so. He chuckled again though as Naji explained the traditions of weddings from the South.

"That does sound more fun," he said, then paused as a cerrtain phrase suddenly registered.

"You know, you've told me a lot about yourself, but I think I'd remember if 'exhibitionist' came up. Unless you told me when I was drunk and I don't remember," Inakil questioned with an eyebrow raised, quite curious about this. However, they really did need to talk about the wedding too, though he couldn't help but subtly scoot Naji's cigarettes away from him when he reached for them without looking.

"That's a good point, being that we're both men." He thought about it for a moment, then a slightly deeper blush formed on his cheeks. "I dunno... I think I wouldn't mind being kidnapped and rescued by you after. Especially if it's just for fun." He thought for another moment on that, clearing his throat a bit nervously and shifting in his seat to look more attentive to the pages of information before him.

"Rings sounds great then, maybe we can get something special done by a jewelry smith. Maybe we can design something for the other and keep them secret until the day of to make it extra special. I already have a few designs in mind if we do that."
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Naji gave an awkward little laugh that, if one didn't know him, would assume there was shame laced in the tone. Inakil would know better than most that his fiancé wasn't the sort to be ashamed of something like that. After a second of his fumbling for his smokes and not getting them, he finally looked to see where they were. He hadn't noticed that it was his love that had kept them from him. Before answering any curiosities Inakil had he lit another. "No, I don't believe I have let on about that side of my more... sordid sexual history. Granted, I suppose I was worried it would scare you to know, thinking I might wish for us to be that brazen, but I can assure you I wish no such thing." Inakil still blushed around him sometimes, he knew it would be a hot jump between before Inakil would willingly let others see him in the throes of passion. "I'll spare you the naughty details... Unless you want to hear them of course. You know I'll be honest about anything in my past." He was probably more open about such things than was necessary, but he wanted to be completely honest with Inakil.

Naji tapped the end of his smoke off. "I think I would have a lot of fun rescuing you. I would get to play the part of a gallant lord, coming to his love's rescue. Straight out of a Harper's tale that." He put down the cigarette and leaned in to kiss his love a soft kiss. Naji was beginning to feel a little better, but spending time with Inakil always made him feel better. "Yes, it will be all in good fun. All that matters really is that by the end of this day, whichever one we decide on, is that I am married to you." He picked up his hand then and kissed the first her that now wore his Lord's ring.

"Surprise rings? I like that. It's a swell idea. Be a nice little surprise for the both of us." Naji leaned in a stole another kiss, this one more passionate. "There is still a lot to plan. What day, where at, who is invited... but I say we pause for a moment and... get some practice in for the honeymoon." Inakil would say he was incorrigible, but Naji would say it is Inakil's fault for being too sexy.
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:21 am

Even just the thought of being so bold as to do such a thing before others was enough to send Inakil's face into a deep red. He could never do such a thing, but Naji... Naji had... and... he was curious to at least hear about it. Perhaps later, he thought to himself, as they were supposed to be figuring some more wedding details down so they could eventually stop having to put it off, the evens of the world around them permitting, of course. He was pretty happy though when Naji approved of the idea of specialized surprise bands for one another. Already he was excited to see on that fateful day what Naji would design for him.

Naji was being so sweet too, affectionate even... as Naji spoke, talking about what there was still to plan, Inakil could see where this was going. He couldn't help the knowing smile that came to his face as Naji suggested that they pause for, in his words, "practice." He couldn't help but laugh a little.

"I think we've had enough practice," he said, almost as if he was rejecting the offer for the moment, so much he even pretended to look at the texts in front of him, before slyly saying, "Although... I am curious to hear more about the... dirty details of your stint as an exhibitionist." He looked up at Naji with a smile to match his tone. He considered for a moment something to say, something suggesting perhaps they "practice" for the kidnapping if they do that Southern custom, but his shyness got the better of him there, not quite brave enough to say that and suggest what he would be intentionally suggesting.

"We can get comfortable and you can tell me all about it. And, who knows, maybe we could also sneak in a little bit of this 'practice for the honeymoon,' you suggest while you tell me."

Inakil stood up from his seat and closed the distance between him and Naji, taking his lover into his arms and planting a kiss on him, unable to resist Najden's charm even when he was supposed to be doing something else.

[fin]
Image Image Image Image