The Daywher Social [Bonfire]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Shiftergirl

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Mickell DayWher Candidate
Tag:Naia/Open
Mistress seemed to hide from the flitt for a moment. Still young and growing, but as the flit landed and took on another for his sweet notes made her more curious. Chirping back to him she walked down Mickell shoulder and twisted to show her pretty hide. Mickell chuckled and urged her more to go play. Jumping from her arm she took to the sir chirping and doing spins, her body glowing making the aerial dance almost mesmerizing.

Mickell heard what she said about her DayWher and smiled. He knew if he could see it, his own eyes would be sparkling. "I believe that if the mother is chimera then due to genetics being born with mother domate markings, we could have more cameras. "His voice held a hint of wonder and more or less joy and excitement.

"I'm very excited to have a chance to stand, dragons are giants of the sky, but the wher, they are entirely different. More majestic with having to adapt to living on land, much like we do. " His excitement wasn't contained by much, but he stilled his tounge before he went on about going. "If I hold the chance to bond, it will be a pleasure to help raise the future, plus I can care for the hatching."
Last edited by Shiftergirl on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 am

Tag: Open

Wearing This
The run had been a good one, and despite being sore from it, Shiravani was eager to let a little loose during the social event. She shook limbs out after a nice bath and smoothed some pretty lotions over her skin, not sure if they would do well to a daywher's nose or not, and when that seemed like a bad idea going into it blind, she wiped it all off just to be safe. Then she dressed in simple, though smart, attire. Looking herself over in the mirror, she decided she liked what she was wearing, she liked the way her hair looked, and everything was in order. She usually didn't put too much attention into her appearance, but this was an important event filled with people that would be important to her future - people that she would be working with should she be given an egg and should she end up bonding to whatever was inside.

After once again checking her appearance, and forcing herself away, she made her way to the gathering but didn't immediately start chatting. Her first and foremost plan was to make her way around the daywhers and spend some time with them. Even after her time in their company, she was still fascinated by them, and she wasn't going to say no to time in their company while the rest of the humans were socializing, even if those moments last only a short while.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Lanni

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 am

.:: Day-Wher Candidate Halian ::.
Shyran/LdyPayne
As the young woman responded to Hal's introduction, the brown eyed male realized that her reasoning was sound. While it wasn't one of the biggest draws to candidacy for the hunter, Hal had taken it into consideration. "It was an idea yes, but not my biggest concern," He stated simply choosing not to go into more detail. It took time and trust for Halian to explain his true reasoning behind his choices and while the young woman was polite some habits are harder to break. It was then that Hal took note of Mavi's chattering and a frown pulled at his face as he tried to understand his talking pet. "Slow down, Mav," Hal said returning his hand to stroke the reddite's neck. "I didn't get that," He continued as the starlet chattered some more. Finally, after Shyran mentioned her own pets joining them, did Hal catch onto Mavi's excitement. "She wants to explore your dress," He blurted out without much thought. "Something about it being shiny..."

Halian's voice came to an abrupt stop as he realized what his wayward mouth had said. A deep flush came to his cheeks then as he tried desperately to find another topic of conversation. Thankfully both man and lizard were distracted by Shyran's offer. "Interesting names," He commented before nodding, "It would do Mav some good to meet others. She's only been around Hali and myself since she hatched."
LdyPayne

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:37 am

Tag Lanni/Halian
She had the feeling there was more to the story but didn't press for details. They had just met afterall and Shyran was old enough to realize not everybody wanted to tell their life story when meeting for the first time. There were things about her own past she wasn't willing to talk about off the bat either. Fortunately most of her life wasn't all that secret, anybody who knew their way around Walled Hold and had a passion for pets would have heard of her parent's shop. It was even possible some of her past customers may be at Atricis now.

Waiting patiently while Halian tried to figure out what his little Starlizard was saying Shyran considered interrupting and giving advice on how to decipher the images and emotions they use to communicate. Realizing she would just make things even more difficult if she did, Shyran decided to make that offer later when his firelizard wasn't in the process of explaining something to him.

Shyran was surprised when Halian suddenly burst out Mav wanted to explore her dress because it was so shinny. Then he was blushing as he realized she could have interpreted his words in a rather negative way. The blush alone had her realize that certainly wasn't Halian's plan, using his firelizards burst of chattering as a sort of pick up line so he could put his hands all over her.

"Early socializing is good for a young firelizard," Shyran agreed deciding to save them both any embrassment by commenting on his early verbal faux pas. "Besides, having her busy with my flits will keep Mav from making any fuss while we dance."

At her mental call two Fancy Flits appeared nearby and flew down to land lightly on her shoulders. It took only a moment for her to explain what she wanted. Hot Stuff yawned and was already bored with the idea but Shyran didn't let him fall back on his lazy habits. His other protests she quickly argued away and told him to have fun. SLick on the other hand was eager to meet the young female. Even if the Starlizard was too young to appreciate his charm and flirtatious nature never hurt to make an early impression. Afterall, little flits grow up to be big flits and she'll rise eventually.

Chirping a friendly greeting towards the young starflizard Slick invited her to fly with them. Hotstuff added his own invitation, his desire to be helpful finally overriding his initial distrust and laziness.

"Alright, off you go, and take good care of Mav," Shyran told her pets who took to the air and called encouragements to Mav to come join them.

"So how about that dance?" Shyran asked once the firelizards were gone.
Ainokesshou

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:43 am

Natara shrugged, amused that the candidate was so embarrassed by his flitt’s behavior. “Don’t worry about it,” she told him. “Atumra’s little Wisp is much worse. He never bothered to train the little troublemaker to behave around humans before bonding with me, and the tiny guy doesn’t listen to ME at all.”

It took a moment before she realized that she hadn’t introduced herself. “I’m Natara,” she added, smiling at him as she placed more food on her plate. “Handler of Atumra,” in case that wasn’t obvious from her previous comment.

You should invite him to eat with you, the copper interjected, and Natara managed to keep from rolling her eyes. The candidate wouldn’t have any way of knowing that she was reacting to her wher instead of him, after all.

<<We already discussed the fact that he is a candidate,>>she reminded him, glancing around for an empty seat.

Yes, and you are supposed to get to know the candidates, he pointed out, and she had to admit he had a point. Getting to know the candidates who might be guards in a couple of turns was a large part of the reason for the bonfire.

“You could sit with me,” she suggested, starting toward the tables, “since I already have practice protecting my food from hungry flitts.”
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:57 am

Tag Mickell/Open
Once the other 'lizard warmed up to him, Artisan was thrilled, especially when she took to the air to flit around and make her glowing spots spin in the air. After a moment of watching, Artisan followed suit, once again mimicking her color as he flitted around her and enticed her into a game of aerial tag.

For a moment, between Mickell's thoughts on the upcoming clutch and the possibility of chimeras in the clutch, and his thoughts on daywhers in general, she felt a little bit of a kinship with him for a moment. Her smile grew as he spoke, even if it might have seemed he had more he could have said. She understood that, being one to be able to go on about the aesthetic appeal of just about anything, being one of the more flowery type of artists.

"That is a good way to look at the whers," she said with a nod, liking his words. "Including the night whers. I find them a little intimidating sometimes, but they are quite beautiful in their own way as well. And strong too. Both whers are strong, having to live on the land and all, like you said. I find a lot of artistic inspiration from Ptahia, when I'm not too busy with handler duties of course." She nodded.

"It's great to hear something like that from a candidate. I think every group always needs people who have their hearts and minds into it, so it's good that the daywhers have you to stand at the next hatching. I hope you bond."

Tag- Natara
He was able to feel a little at ease when she told him not to worry about it before proceeding to tell him about her Daywher's 'lizard that wasn't well behaved from the sounds of it. It ushered a small smile of ease from him, though he did still feel a bit embarrassed by Nia's sudden outburst. Perhaps if she was like that all the time he wouldn't be so embarrassed, but she really wasn't, and he had no idea what had gotten into her other than just food.

"Oh," he called, realizing that he too hadn't introduced himself. "I am Daywher Candidate Elias," he said in return of her introduction to him, adding a partial bow to show his respect to her. He was a little surprised though by her invitation, but wasn't going to turn it down. It would seem rude, and besides, he really had no one that he was looking out for interacting with tonight. It would be a good idea to get to know one of the Dayhandlers.

"Thank you for the invitation," he expressed to her as he followed her to one of the tables, getting there slightly before her to pull a chair out for her to let her sit before he did. Though it was only after he had done so that he remembered it likely wasn't necessary.

"Ah, excuse me," he started. "I hope you don't mind me pulling your chair out for you. It is hard to break lifelong habits. I was raised in Walled Hold." He hoped that would give her enough explanation for his actions, just in case him holding her chair for her was somehow offensive to her. Despite living in the Weyr for some time now, he still was a little unsure of what the Northern women did or didn't expect from him.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ainokesshou

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Tag Elias
The candidate gave his name with a small bow, and Natara was a little confused. She certainly didn’t have enough of a rank advantage on him for that, so she couldn’t explain why he would be doing that. Was he flirting? She was sure that he knew the rules against romantic relationships for candidates and wherlings, though she supposed that a little flirting was not quite a violation.

When he held out her chair, she was even more sure he was flirting, and was completely bewildered, but it must have shown on her face, because he apologized and explained himself.

Southern manners made so much more sense. Of course he hadn’t been flirting with her, and she was relieved, not disappointed. She hadn’t wanted to explain why that was a bad idea. Atumra still hadn’t stopped laughing in her head, though, and she also didn’t want to have to explain why she was telling off her bondmate in public.

“I’m not offended,” Natara assured Elias quickly. She had seen how nervous some Southern men could get if they thought they had offended a woman of higher rank. “In fact, I don’t think any Northern woman would be offended at having her chair held out, but….” she frowned looking at him. He was almost too good looking for his own good, and it was probably only fair to warn him off.

“You should be careful, because it might be misinterpreted as a very respectful romantic overture,” she finished. Some women might get their hopes and, and then their feelings hurt when he didn’t mean it that way. Others might me a little too quick to enforce the rules against romantic relationships for people in his position.

Yes, SOME women might make that mistake, Atumra chortled. SOME women, never you.

Natara ignored her partner.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Lanni

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:09 am

.:: Day-Wher Candidate Halian ::.
Shyran/LdyPayne
While Shyran handled the arrival of her own flits, Hal was trying to convince his reddite that it would be fun for her to play with others like her. Thankfully the young flit had realized on her own what an adventure her day had turned out to be. Churring at the newcomers, Mavi quickly pulled himself free of the confines of Halian's vest. After a quick nuzzle of her chin along the human's jaw, Mavi used his shoulder to take off after the older flits. "Stay safe Mavi!" Hal called out to the red creature before turning his attention back to his companion. It took him a few more moments to work up his courage again. Swallowing against his nerves, Hal offered his arm to the younger candidate.

"As long as you don't mind a few missteps. I can't promise that I won't step on your toes once or twice," He warned with a small half smile. "Mila tried to teach me but I'm not the best partner." A small wince came to his features then as he remembered one particular lesson. "Hopefully I won't leave your feet black and blue..." He finished in a self-depreciating tone.