Three's Company ~ {Isolde, K'uavaen, Kunati}

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:09 pm

The dark haired woman had a rather satisfied and smug sort of smile on her face as she slipped from the covers of the furs, leaving behind a man who looked equally as satiated. The grayhandler stood slowly at the edge of the bed, revealing her backside to the bluerider as she cast a coy glance over her shoulder at him. "We left breakfast on the table." Isolde said with a soft chuckle before walking toward her dresser, adding a purposeful sway of her hips. Atop the furniture was a garment that had been discarded earlier and the woman plucked up the red silken robe and began to slowly drape it over her shoulders, allowing the dragonrider one last longing look before covering up. "I'll go heat it up again, and put the klah kettle back on the fire..." Isolde continued, tying the robe loosely around her waist, the fabric flowing flirtatiously about her thighs. "We'll need our strength." She added with a curl of those sly lips, a glint in chocolate eyes as she moved toward the doorway.

Pausing for only a moment, Isolde cast another glance at the man she'd left in her bed, regarding K'uavaen with a teasing smile as she ducked out of the bedroom. However, her thoughts were a little more subdued, finding it hard to believe that they were coming up on two turns of a relationship. It was a thought that took her by surprise when it had been brought up at breakfast that morning, though maybe not for the reasons that the bluerider would have hoped for. For Isolde, it was certainly longer than she'd ever anticipated remaining with one person, and in all honestly, she never would have expected it being with someone like K'uavaen - sweet, simple K'uavaen. It wasn't anything the bluerider had done, in fact he'd been nothing but doting and kind to her, it was herself that she was surprised most about.

Isolde had never really considered herself the settling down type, the sort to carry on a relationship outside the bedroom with anyone for any real length of time. Yet here she was, encroaching upon spending the last two turns with the same man. Granted, much of their time together was still spent between the furs, for the bluerider was a very thorough lover, though that was not the only reason. The grayhandler knew she was inexperienced in how to properly love someone, but she did know very well how to please him and that was a much easier way to show she cared. Everything else she was slowly learning about, watching K'uavaen and how he acted toward her, the little things that he would do for her and listening to what he said about her, the way he said it. She knew, without him ever having uttered the words aloud, that he loved her deeply...but she wasn't sure she could say the same in return. She cared for him a great deal, but Love was not a feeling that Isolde knew much about.

Quietly she worked, her mind lost in thought as her hands worked idly to clear the dishes on the table, bringing them back into the kitchen where she could put the meal back into a pan to reheat. You love me though, don't you? came the voice, soft so as not to intrude.

Instantly, she felt her heart swelling inside her chest, though her breath caught in her throat as if she'd been caught stealing. Of course I do! The handler hastily reassured. I just...don't know if I am capable of loving anyone else. She added a little quieter between them, going back to her work, though the day wher had given her a moment of pause.

You care very much for Isadella...would you say you love her too? Reshelde went on, though he remained curled up in the pavilion outside, nestled against the body of the pale blue dragon for warmth more than anything.

I...I....don't know...maybe. I am still learning what it all means Reshi. I'm not used to thoughts and feelings like this. The woman replied, moving to refill the klah kettle and hanging it back over the embers of the fire. Stoking the coals, she watched them flare red hot and then added a dry log to their very center to heat the kettle. I know I would protect her, keep her safe...She is my blood. I was proud of her when she began to walk and talk...but she is still so small and frail... Isolde continued, sitting back slightly to watch the flames begin to flicker against the log. Abruptly she stood though and moved back into the kitchen. That has nothing to do with me and K'uavaen though...Two turns...when did that happen?

Are you happy? The day wher asked, cutting right to the point. Does he make you feel good? Does he take care of you?

The woman paused for a moment as she stirred the scrambled eggs and chopped tubers in the pan. .....Yes...He does...And yes...I believe I'm happier than I've been in a while. She answered after a while, taking the time to mull over all the jumble of emotions inside her mind.

Then why are you questioning it? Reshelde asked quite point blank, knowing that he was mostly just voicing her own questions at herself, being the voice that she needed to hear. He knew her thoughts better than she did sometimes, he was the perfect compliment to his bonded and he never enjoyed it when she doubted herself.

At that, Isolde had no reply. She had no reason to question what it was they had together, for K'uavaen was a good man, a solid man and he took care of her in a way that no one had before. He was patient with her, and understood that she had her own issues to work out, so he never tried to press her for anything more than she was comfortable with giving. She knew that was why he'd never said it before, never told her exactly what he felt, and silently she appreciated that, for it terrified her that she wouldn't be able to respond the same if he told her. In spite of her nature, Isolde actually hoped that one day, she would able to tell him what he so longed to hear.

Dishing the eggs and tubers back onto two small plates, she carried them back into the dining room, only to find that the bluerider had gotten up as well as was tending to the klah kettle, which has just begun to steam. "And here I was expecting to give you brunch in bed..." The grayhandler teased softly with a smile for the man, thinking that was certainly something K'uavaen would have done if their roles had been reversed. Setting the plates back down on the table as little rivulets of steam rose from the freshly heated food, she moved away and toward the ruggedly handsome man. Without much in the way of words, she wrapped arms around his waist and pulled him closer, tipping her head back to place a kiss against his lips, nothing quite as heated as usual, but melting into some a little more affectionate, grateful, even if she couldn't say it in words.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Kate

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Dark eyes watched Isolde as she crawled out from under the furs. A small frown came across his features, if only for the briefest of moments. this is what he hated about how it all ended. He just hated watching her walk away from him, even though he knew it wasn't like she was going anywhere. He shook those thoughts off just as he heard her voice. A grin split the blue rider's face, and he chucked as well. "Yes we did..." His eyes followed her movements, "But I'd say a cold breakfast is worth what we left it for..." Dark eyes continued to follow her, inwardly groaning. How was it that even after two Turns, Isolde could still get to him so easily? He didn't really mind, he just thought some of the charm would have worn off by now, for both of them. Although, it seemed as though that was not the case at all. He nodded a bit, "Alright..." The rider shook his head, a crooked smile on his face. "Yah, we certainly will..." That teasing smile she threw him made him chuckle once again, but then she was gone. He knew he should get out of bed, but he just stayed there for a few moments longer, letting his mind wander a bit.

The first thing his mind went to, was that it had sure been a quick two Turns. The blue rider had to admit that he hadn't thought it would last this long. He had figured they might go on a few dates, and if it didn't work out, then it didn't work out. Somehow though, he had managed to win over Isolde it seemed like. It made him happy though...SHE made him happy. He just hoped he made her happy as well. Not just between the furs either. That thought kind of bothered the blue rider a bit. He hadn't wanted to only have a physical relationship, but it seemed like that was theirs was...for now. There seemed to be more of an emotional relationship as well, but the majority was still physical. K'uavaeen knew that was just how Isolde was, and he didn't want her to change. He knew eventually she would come around anyway.

Finally, the man decided he really should get out of bed, and help out with the breakfast and getting it ready to eat once again. A small smile played on his face as he got dressed. The thought of breakfast had been the farthest thing from both of their minds after they had got talking about how it had been almost two Turns. It always started out with a kiss, and then neither of them could control themselves. Ok, well, they COULD...just...neither of them ever wanted to. He looked around for his shirt, and found it tossed over by the day. He chuckled to himself and quickly picked it up, tossing it over his head.

Silently, the rider entered the living room and saw that she had already started the fire and put the klah back on to warm up. As he walked closer, K'uavaeen could see that it was starting to steam again, so he quickly took it off. The man chuckled a bit, "It's alright, we'll just say you owe me..." Of course, the man was only teasing. He set down the klah kettle and was going to get their cups, but it was then that he felt Isolde's arms around him. As her lips connected with his, he kissed her back, although tried to keep it simple like she was. He didn't want to start something again. It's not like they had anything planned really, but, he would like to eat breakfast at some point. Once they broke apart, he went and got their cups for their klah, and poured them each a cup.

Once they were set on the table, along with the food Isolde had already put there, he slowly pulled a chair out for her. "You chair ma'am.." After she had sat down, he pushed her in a bit and then went and sat down himself. He took a few bites of his food. "Mmmm, I think we did a really good job with breakfast..." After a few more bites, he said, "So, do you have anything planned for today? I don't want to take up ALL of your time.." Again, he was teasing, but he also knew that Isolde knew he would never stop her from doing anything. He took a sip of klah as he waited for an answer.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Altreis

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 pm

Quick steps carried Kunati towards her destination, anxious to deal with the precious outfit she carried. Both of her flits circled around her head, crooning and sending soothing thoughts her way. They could not counter her nerves though. The tear in her treasured outfit was merely the tip of the iceberg, as the saying went. It was the latest problem added on top of others. Even Anitath could not bring her beloved rider peace-partly because she was one of the sources of anxiety, specifically how grown she was now. Not much longer before the garnet would feel the urge to take to the skies. Not much longer until Kunati got her first experience between the furs-most likely with a virtual stranger and while so absorbed in her dragon's heated passion that she would not remember a thing...except possibly whatever pain she came out of the haze to. Of course she could opt out of that, lock her door and tie an armband on, but this particular Flight needed to be open. It was not only Anitath's first but the first for her color. Large as she was she stood a good chance at being a clutcher. That meant for best results, like it or not, Kunati needed to give herself over to her dragon and support her during her Flight as much as possible. For one with no experience and a more "Holder" view on such things it was an imminent and inescapable nightmare.

The best poor Anitath could do when Kunati got upset about Flights was back off and let her work through it. Feeling her dragon's touch only made her fret more. Of course Kunati knew come the day she would be so heated herself that she would easily give in. Most riders felt their dragon's lust...she got to feel Anitath's plus that of all the suitors and anyone else in range being affected by the Flight. They would surely be weaker than Anitath since the dragon was Impressed to her but added on top of Anitath's lust? She would be out of control, she knew it-and Kunati did not like losing control, not one bit. She prided herself on her control.

And didn't you do a dandy job of it last night, she spat at herself, scowling down at the article of clothing she carried. She had let her nerves get the better of her, rushing and not paying attention. It didn't help that at the time she was near a few rather...passionate...couples. Inevitable in a Weyr Atricis' size with such laid-back policies regarding relationships of all sorts. Their feelings only reminded her of the Flight looming over her head, driving her frantic once more. In her haste the clothes she had been wearing suffered, a lovely tear that she could only hope was not irreparable. This outfit was made for her by the only person she felt she could claim as a friend, specifically for the auspicious occasion of her graduation from weyrlinghood. Why had she put it on at any point before the Flight? She should have known better! At least afterward she wouldn't be as distracted...maybe...hopefully...oh shards!

A mixture of nervous anticipation and politeness brought her to a halt just outside Isolde's door. Sure the grayhandler let her visit whenever she liked pretty much but Kunati never barged in without knocking. She never knew when Isolde might be busy, not in the mood for company, enjoying time with...with...her lover...

Kunati swallowed, trying to shove thoughts of Anitath's eventual Flight out of her mind. She had other things to worry about right now, like what Isolde might think or say when she saw the outfit that had been treated so carelessly. Unfortunately, much like with Anitath's Flight, the only option Kunati could see was to get it over with. There was no running from that Flight and there would be no running from her mistake. After another moment she raised one hand and rapped her knuckles against the door. As per usual she did not call through the door, further disturbing Isolde and anyone else who could hear her. The knock was enough; now she waited and tried to keep the croons her flits made to a minimum volume.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:59 pm

As K'uavaen pulled out her chair for her, the grayhandler slid gracefully into her seat, tucking her legs comfortably beneath her even if it wasn't the most ladylike position to sit in. Around the bluerider, she didn't mind not keeping up the formal appearances all the time, and so soon after their dalliance, she was quite comfortable with him. Isode picked at her breakfast, taking some nibbles as she let her mind wander, and her gaze settled on the man across from her more often than not.

"Plans? No, not really. I might dabble in some of my crafting projects, but otherwise nothing outside of the usual rest day activities." The woman said, casting a knowing grin at the bluerider, for they often spent their rest days with each other behind closed doors. Isolde chuckled softly, a coy look on her features as she took another slow bite of breakfast, making a show of licking her fork temptingly for K'uavaen. She was about to say more, to taunt the man further, but her words were cut short by a knock at the door of her apartment.

A curious lift of her brow followed the knock, but instinctively she rose from the chair, a fluid movement as she seemed to glide away from the table. A slender hand reached for the door, gently pulling it open to reveal who came knocking, and Isolde was pleased to find her friend standing there. "Kunati, what a pleasant surprise." The grayhandler said as a smile lit up her usually dark features and the woman moved to embrace her friend, not even bothering with the fact she'd only worn a red silken robe to greet the newcomer. "What can I do for you darling?" She asked of the redrider before letting go and stepping back into her apartment and ushering Kunati into her home, for there was nothing to hide. Her dark gaze moved to the bundle in the dragonriders' hands though, and recognized that silver brocade fabric as the corset she'd made for her friend and was already beginning to anticipate the reason for the visit.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Kate

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:19 am

Dark eyes danced a bit as K'uavaen could not stop himself from chuckling a bit as he listened to Isolde and caught the knowing grin she gave him. They usually got to spend their nights together, or at least some of them anyway, but they were always too tired to do much of anything. So, the blue rider had taken to making sure he was with Isolde on their rest day. Usually they spent it having a little fun, but sometimes on those days Isolde would have Isadella with her. On those days, instead of staying behind closed doors all day, K'uavaen would make sure they did something fun with Isadella. Sometimes they would go for a walk, sometimes they would have a picnic. On the days when it was just Isolde though, K liked to just be with her. Sure it usually ended up between the sheets, but, everything was going great regardless. They were both happy. Finally he said a bit teasingly, "Well those plans sound pretty good to me.."

Dark eyes looked at her for a moment, and a moment more. For some reason, K'uavaen could not help himself. Every once in a while, he just had to stare at her. It was almost as if he had to remind himself that she was still there. The blue rider still could not believe that she was his. Those thoughts brought up thoughts of how he had gotten so lucky, so he just pushed them away. He didn't like to think about it, for fear that it would jinx the relationship (if you believe in such things).

He ate another bite of his food, and took another sip of his klah before there was a knock at the door. His eyes followed her to the door, and he caught what she was saying, but decided that he should just enjoy his breakfast. Isolde had her own friends, and the blue rider was pretty sure he could find something else to do while she talked to her friend.

Quick work was made of his breakfast, and then he began cleaning the dishes and such so that they wouldn't have to do it later. Later was time for Isolde, or just being lazy, whichever happened was fine by him. He could just sit here all day with her, or they could do their normal day off stuff after the guest left. He'd let Isolde decide. Once the dishes were done, he went back to the bedroom and grabbed some clean clothes and threw them on before returning to living room area to sit down with a book.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Altreis

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:14 pm

For one precious moment Kunati was swept into her friend's arms and away from her fears. Isolde was home and happy to see her. For that moment Kunati allowed herself to forget, to just hug her friend back and enjoy the greeting. Granted it was a little awkward in that the other woman was not exactly dressed, but at least-

Thoughts froze as nerves flared anew. Isolde was being very friendly, sure, ushering Kunati in and asking after what she could do for her. However the asking, the ushering, only made Kunati nervous. The rush of the hug had hidden her torn garment but now? Isolde would surely see it and then what would happen? Would she be angry? Would all the friendliness fade away to be replaced by anger and disappointment?

"I-" Kunati began, pausing when she heard sounds from elsewhere in the apartment. Isolde was not alone. Shells she really was disturbing her friend. Except...Isolde was not upset at the interruption. Kunati would not have been able to help but pick up on it if that was the case, just as she would be helpless to avoid feeling the heat if Isolde was between the furs with someone. Whoever was there (and she would bet marks on it being Isolde's lover or handmaiden) they didn't make themselves known and Isolde was not in a hurry to get back to them. That did not mean Kunati intended to interrupt their entire morning however.

"As much as it shames me to admit it I...this beautiful garment you made for me needs mending. I was foolish and as a result it is torn. I...I am sorry. It was and still is a most precious gift from a talented friend and I damaged it. Please Isolde...can you mend it? Can you...forgive me my distraction?"

{Fawkes Note: This thread is being continued by all three players, off screen as a fuzzy timed scenario}
Image Image Image Image Image Image