Daytime Shadows - Lareli/Shifter

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:10 pm

SunshinePolkaDotEgg
Copy the code below!

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.newatricis.com/images/Games/EggHunt2018/SunshinePolkaDotEgg.png[/img]
[b][size=150][color=#4fb74f]SunshinePolkaDotEgg[/color][/size][/b]
At one point in time, Rafe had looked forward to the nights. It was one of the reasons why, for a time, he'd settled into the idea of being a night wher candidate. During that period of time, he could work on his baking in between tending to chore and duty, and for a time it had succeeded at taking his mind away from why he'd transferred South in the first place. But slowly, things started to change, and they culminated in being "searched" by a day wher, who had insisted he stand for one of their clutches instead. It had come as a shock to say least, and it was something he'd needed time to consider. That's when he realized just how lonely the nights really were, and how open they left him for attack my memory and emotion. It was enough to prompt him to accept the offer, and now he was back to being on a daytime schedule, very little adjustment needed for the differences in time.

It meant new duties and chores, many of which were the same as they had been during the night. One of his first assignments as a day wher candidate sounded like the most enjoyable, and would allow him to get to know more about the creatures in question in an up close and personal capacity: shadowing a specific handler for a number of days, during which time he would be taught how to care for the beasts, how to tend to his duties as a dayhandler, among other things (so he assumed). He found he was actually looking forward to it, as he wanted to know more about the creatures he might one day be involved with.

He knew the name of the pair he was to shadow, and had been informed to meet them in the dayhandler apartments bright and early in the morning. He'd fetched two mugs of klah from the kitchens on his way through, and even a small basket of rolls and sweets he'd made the night before. A proper breakfast for them both, something to drink, and then they could get down to business. Unless the handler in question wanted to get started immediately, in which case he would sip from his klah in between lectures and on hand tutorials.

Upon arriving outside of the apartments, he didn't see anyone yet, and assumed they were still waking up or getting prepared. That was fine by him, he could wait. Besides, as of right now, his time was his mentor's time, and so he would wait as long as needed. While he did so, set the basket at his feet, made sure the klah he'd fetched was steady, and leaned against the wall to sip from his own drink. He wondered, not for the first time since accepting the "search" what he would bond to, if anything. He didn't really care what color he ended up connected to, so long as it was something. Maybe having a bond would help him forget, maybe it would help nudge him toward seeing a mindhealer about the residual guilt he still felt. He wasn't sure of any of that, though he did know that the bond wasn't going to fix everything. Just put a little starch in his backbone to keep him from slouching and putting it off for a day that might never be.

He heard the door to the building he was at start to open, and he reached down to grab hold of the mug and basket. He wasn't sure if it would be his mentor or not, but he didn't want to have anything be knocked over. He waited to see who would reveal themselves, then saw it was a man. He nodded his head in greeting, then leaned back against the wall once again. He would just have to force patience into his body. When his mentor arrived, they arrived, and he couldn't rush them - he was, after all, just a candidate.
Shiftergirl

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:59 am

Larelis woke from many nudges, one from a vary hungry little gem who was vary upset he had not been fed yet, and another from a vary cranky bronze for being woken earlier then he had wanted to be. Another was at her feet, a larger nudge that had her awake even quicker. She looked at the little gem of hers, chuckling, she didn't need an alarm, they always had her awake just about the time the sun was reaching its peak to light up the day. She rolled out of her bed and landed on the balls of her feet. Today would be a good day, she had a full schedule ahead of her, they were going to patrol today, and had been given a shadow for the day. She didn't know the candidate, but it reminded her of the few times she shadowed with a handler, and it had been a great learning lesson for her. Taking a few steps around her room, she streatched out. Looked at her poor little critters, Stump settled on the spot she had laid on, cuddling back into the warmth of the bed. Blew on the other hand, he was all up on his back feet, he was ready for his meal and bed time, sleeping mostly during the day had him on a odd schedule compared to hers, he was naturally noctural, and here her was up early wanting something to eat. She pulled out a roll of meat she had packed for just him and another for Stump, giving each of them a roll and going about getting ready for the day. Stump hummed and settled back in.

"Well aren't you just cozy, but its time for work, so you best be up when i'm ready to leave out." She chuckled, stump was there eyes, he could see things above and he was great for working with them, she had him trained well in letting her know if something was up they couldn't see. "And how is my dear this morning." She looked at the great creature of a blood she was bonded too. His father stood out in him well, 16 feet fully grown, and massive, his body full of muscle, and she felt as thought it was only yesterday she was holding a hatchling.

I'm ready for today. What challenge will we meet, and who are we to give due greeting to. He said turning his head to watch her. He looked about the room, keeping an eye on anything that moved, except the two others, and his eyes seemed to never look in the wrong places. His feet were slient as he walked towards her, giving her his full attention.

Scratching him behind his ears and following through with a good oiling she looked outside and sighed, it was time for patrol. She pulled on her gloves, pants and lose shirt, her shoes and finally setting Anubli with his straps and gear for the day. She had but a small knife and a few weapons she was trained with, but other then that, she was ready for the day. "Alright my lovelies, let us greet today shall we. There is a candidate waiting for us i believe." She picked up the still sleepy flitt and cuddled him close. Blew got a quick snuggle before letting him find his place to nap for the day.

Stepping out of her room, she looked around for something to drink, a cup of Klah would do her nicely for the morning wake up. Then they could be on their way. She looked for her candidate, thinking a quick trip to the kitchen was in order, but had a little stumble, she couldn't remember what he looked like. She hadn't really been given a description, just his room number. I do believe it was a male and he was not a young hatchling

Lareli chuckled and patted her bonded. "You are always the most observant of us, and i believe you are right, we didn't really get a good idea huh." She folded her hands behind her back. "To the kitchen and then the barracks i guess." as she made her way out of her room with Anubli not far behind, she chuckled at Stump who was vary unhappy to have to be awake.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Ember

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:18 am

Rafe rotated his shoulders, and rubbed the back of his neck, sipping from his klah with the other. He knew a little about who he would be shadowing for the day. It was a woman named Lareli, she was apparently younger than him, and she was bonded to a blood wher. Once he saw one of them pass through the door he was waiting near, he'd be quick to see if they belonged to someone that could be his mentor. So far though, there hadn't been a "proper" bloodhandler leaving the apartment he was at. Not that he was impatient; he was the early one, they weren't the ones running behind. So long as he had his klah, he could wait a little while longer.

He wondered what it would be like, shadowing a dayhandler for the day. He knew so little about them, it was sure to be an eye opening experience. What he was aware of was that they were unique to the south. They were the daytime equivalent of a night wher, and they bonded in a slightly different way. Name wise at least. What kind of bond would be created through him, he wondered? Would he end up with a copper, or maybe one of the pretty greens? In truth, it didn't matter to him, simply because he wanted to bond. So long as that happened, he would be happy regardless of what chose him. That's how it went, wasn't it? He scratched his ear, unable to remember if it happened that way or not.

The door to the apartment opened up and he looked, a blood appearing, his breath catching. Maybe... A woman was there as well, and he wondered if this was his mentor. Holding out the mug of klah - if he was wrong, he could at least be looked at as considerate, considering it was morning - he smiled and bowed his head in greeting. "Good morning. Lareli, yes?"

(OOC: Sorry for the shortness of this reply!)
Shiftergirl

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:38 am

Anubli huffed at her and shook his head, a little like a runner, but he did that just because well, he wanted to. She also knew he did that because on the occasion that he was wanting to get her attention he would blow air on the back of her neck and she would jump. only when she was in deep thought did he have to do that. She patted his nose and started off towards the dinner hall when a older gentlemen walked up to her holding Klah in his hands. She cocked a eyebrow at him and looked him over. He wore the knot of a candidate, and she quickly realized, it was her shadow for the day.

"Ah, yes, I'm Lareli and this is my bond Anubli, thank you for the Klah, i was just about to head to the dinner to get some in fact." She took the cup from his outstretched hands and looked him over again. yes he was definitely a little older then her, she wasn't sure how much though, he seemed good for a wher, well built from the look of him. "Well, so that we are truely well meet, do you have a nickname would you like for me to call you by your full name." She didn't want to call him by the wrong things, so she made sure to ask him, once or twice she had upset another due to calling them by the name they hated so well, thus they had made sure to creature another name for themselves.

Anubli walked up closer, almost sticking his nose in the mans chest before pulling back and looking at Lareli, he seemed to have that look and she rolled her eyes. "Well, if your ready, go find something to eat." She poked at him. Anubli huffed and stomped a foot. He didn't always have to talk to get a point across. "Puppy" She huffed at him.

((ITs alright, it happens, giving Lareli and Anubli a little picking fun room. lol))
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:05 am

Rafe tried not to grin while the blood was looking at him, but the expression soon blossomed on his face. Yes, the behavior reminded him of a puppy as well, albeit a less excitable one. Before the creature could retreat, he made sure to give him a pat. This was a new experience for him, being so up close to one of these creatures, but he wasn't against the lack of personal space around him at all. He rather liked it, as it gave him the chance to spend some time with one of them on an almost one-on-one basis. He was so tuned into the interaction, however brief, with the day wher that he almost forgot that Lareli had asked him a question. "I prefer being called Rafe, ma'am." It was strange calling someone who was younger than him by a handful or so of Turns "ma'am", but he was a respectable enough man, and he knew that as a candidate, he was on the bottom rung of the rank ladder. Best to keep things congenial between them, though he had a feeling this would be an easy lesson to complete.

"I have to say, I'm rather eager for this lesson. I've wanted to spend some time in the company of a day handler ever since being "searched"." He was still trying to get used to the fact that whers, of both kinds it seemed, could search candidates for their own clutches. Then again, he supposed it wasn't all that strange when you considered the fact that they shared similar genetics, though the hows and whys had long been lost to the Pernese. "With that being said, I'll try not to ask too many repetitive questions, though if i do get annoying you can tell me of course." It sounded almost like he was trying to suck up, when in fact all he was doing was trying to keep things civil.

He'd rather this be a lesson that could be enjoyed by both teacher and student, rather than one or the other. Some of what he'd been taught so far hadn't been very pleasant, but he supposed that was due to the fact that he had been stuck in night wher mode up until recently, and much of what he'd been taught had felt like repetition that he didn't want to visit. He sipped from his klah, then nodded at the basket at his feet. "Oh, and there's something to snack on just in case either of us gets peckish." He rubbed the back of his neck and started to chuckle when it became even more apparent to him how his behavior might be taken as. "Just so you know, I'm not trying to kiss your ass to gain favor."
Shiftergirl

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:22 am

Lareli watched the man and her wher. She could see he had turns on him she had yet to acomplish. In turns he was much older also as a candidate. She watched as Anubli inspected the man. Giving him a greeting. Granted her dear one had become a little less aggressive when it came to candidates and mostly men. He still seemed to monitor the things she did. But she grinned as she saw the man had started grinning also at the effect that Anubli had at the moment.

"We'll it's my pleasure to give you a lesson today. I'll make sure to call you Rake as I give you information about our trip today. We're to patrol. And believe me as I say this. It's not all that boring." She said smiling to insure it wasn't going to be half bad. She knew sometimes patrol could be boring to some. But her and her bond found fun in it. They played a naming game to help keep there senses sharp. In a way.

She cocked an eye at him as he started to talk about the day. A frown spread across her face. Was he really sucking up to her. Being cheeky didn't grant favors among her thoughts. After all. She hadn't grown up where she got her way much with being sweet. Sighing she just followed along with his talk and took into consideration that he truly was excited to just have a lesson with a day wher. When he got to the part about snacks she started to giggle a little. He really was looking to be sweet. She just couldn't help it. It was cute. When he informed her he wasn't trying to suck up she grinned from ear to ear. "Well honesty gets you far in this life. Thank you for the snack and it's nice to know you won't be trying to suck up for favors. I'm not high enough in the pack to do much anyway." A little grin spread and she gave him a wink. "Also prefer you not kiss my ass. I'd rather see your face when I talk to you." She said trying to lighten the mood a little more.

Turning to get an idea of the time she saw it was getting later in the morning. "Time for our lesson. Let us get the day started. Anubli should be waiting by the feeding pens." She k nodded and started in the direction of the pens. "So.. what are some question you would like to get started with. Patrol starts early so we can begin with question if you like."

((Sorry if it's a little odd. Computer is out and I'm using my phone.))
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Rafe was rather looking forward to this. He knew some about patrols, thanks to his time with the night whers, but he knew that things would be different due to the nature of the day whers. He wasn't going to try and make it seem like he knew what was going on; Lareli was the teacher, he was her student. She knew what was going on and he didn't. That was easy enough to remember and he nodded mentally as they started to move and chat. He was thankful for this, not only for the experience, but it would give him something to focus on. Adjusting to sleep during the night was proving difficult, especially with the dreams he'd been having. Thinking about them almost made him frown, but he didn't want it to seem like he was making the face over what was being said, so he was quick to dash it away and even quicker to keep the smile he wore in place.

"Thank you both for your time, ma'am." He might be older than her by a chunk of Turns, but she was the more senior of the two rank wise. He knew how to give respect. Then he almost missed her cracking the little joke and he was glad he didn't because it gave him a good laugh. Ah, how he missed interacting with people during the day. He was going to have to do this more often. And now that he was on during daytime candlemarks, maybe he'd be able to spend moer time with Surefire. Poor thing was probably thinking he'd abandoned it by now. At least he knew the runner was in good hands in the stables. "Don't worry. I'm not very good at kissing ass anyway. If i want to suck up, it's always best done face first."

As far as questions went, he wasn't quite sure now that they were getting to that part. He'd thought of several he could have asked the night before, now he was drawing a blank. Maybe something short and obvious, get into the meatier stuff the longer the patrol progressed? That seemed rational enough and so he did what he thought was right. "Well, in general, what are day whers like? I'm guessing they are that much different than Isilian or night whers." He'd studied some on Atricis' history after transferring in; he was by no means a scholar, but he knew a little bit of the history at least. "But then they must be if they're able to be out during the... well, the day."
Shiftergirl

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:56 pm

She felt a little odd that she was giving a man turns older then her a lesson. He was way out of age for a dragon and good enough for a wher. She wondered what he was with the day whers. They were the protectors of the day. Well on the ground under the dragons. But they were just as good. She walked in the direction she needed as she heard him talk. She pondered his words as he spoke.

She grinned at the way he said yes ma'am and the face first comment had her laughing out loud. She saw a few others startked. Not yet ready for the day and she shoo her head. "Well, let's keep the face first for after work then. " it was a relief to know she was able to relax even a little around him. She had come to watch most men who felt they were better then women even more so then with southern bred.

She pondered the question he had. She hadn't really thought that Anubli would be anything like a nightwher. He was so different. "Well for day whers and night whers don't suggest they are similar to each other to them. Not all of them like to think that. For one thing that shows they are much different besides the walking during the day would be their speach. Day whers can speak or have a better handle on words then a night wher." She thought about what else was different.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:21 pm

He'd been close to a night wher before. One of his siblings was bonded to one. Being around one though didn't equate to having experience with them. He looked down at the bloodwher he was next to and counted the differences. There were few, though he noticed - perhaps he was wrong - that the day whers were a little more streamlined and not as bulky. "I'm looking forward to the next hatching. Do you know how often they happen?" He wasn't sure when he would Impress. "I know that it will take time before I bond, in all likelihood. But that like nightwhers, I have the time to spare." Unlike a dragon candidate that could age out of the system before getting close to Impressing.

As they walked, he pondered anymore questions he might have, besides what he had already asked. He would wait on those until she'd had the chance to answer his question. He didn't want to overwhelm her with things, or give the impression that he was pushy. Rafe was actually quite patient. She was being helpful, and she could take as long as she wanted to answer his questions. Before long, he would have what he needed to know, and any questions he might have at a latter time and date could be answered by her or another handler. He was rather eager to find out when the next hatching would be. It wasn't like he didn't have time for it, but like any candidate, he was eager to be on the sands.
Shiftergirl

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:29 am

She pondered everything he said and looked out at anubli. He was just ahead of them. She'd not realized they'd made it so far out. Her thoughts trailing. She glanced back at him and contained to Anubli's side. "So for the difference here's what I can tell you. They have difference in wings. The size the way they are shipped and use also. They have a different pack mentality. Leaders can be any color and mostly all egg bearing females are roses. Bloods are favorite for clutch mates not life mates. Each wher has thir place. Anubli for example is a great gourd and hasn't won a run yet. That I know of anyway. There is little not know of the way they work. The way they live together and not together. They choose thir mates for Bonding like dragons. As for clutching it depends really. We haven't had a high demand for clutches but we haven't really been not. So the females are keeping clutched down but not so down that isn't a hatching. It really all depends on what is going on." She wasn't sure but she felt like she covered a lot so she went over what she said.

She thought about everything she had learned mostly from Anubli. It wasn't like she had not listened to her teachers but it had been the way her bonded did things that truly filled her in. "If there is one lesson all bonds should learn. No matter how much training you have and fill up with. Your bond will do thir best to train you differently." The temper her bond had made sure she knew. He was all male and all strong. He got his looks from his father but the temper like hers. In some ways. Good for patrol as they found ways to hon his possessive nature as well.

((Sorry hard to phone post))
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*