You & Me....Us? [tag - Devyn/Kate]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:46 pm

"No, unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of going. So the next time you go, let me know. I just might have to tag along with you.."

Esca nodded at him. "I will most certainly do that. Generally Adianca stays here, but she has come before. Just depends on the dragon I get to take me if they wish to carry her. If you want and Isamuyn both wish to come we might have to get two riders. Generally it isn't too hard." He said, thinking ahead. "Walled is a nice place, but I warn you...it is not at all like the north. Us men don't have much say there. Granted most merchants can tell if you're northern or not, but a lot of understanding should be used so as not to intentionally cause insult." One thing he never ever ever did in Walled was show any proof of his sexuality. He knew that Walled's views on that was about as strict as the Northern holds were if not worse.

"Well, that certainly hit the spot.." He chuckled a bit as he set his glass back down. "Well, that's good. I'd have to be pretty mad if you did..."

"You know me. I don't bother with alcohol if I can't get a good bottle." Esca enjoyed drinking, but only occasionally and generally always with someone else. He hardly ever touched the stuff when it was just himself. Which he figured was a healthier way to go about it, but then again any time he had people over for a visit he generally brought out the alcohol. He laughed at Devyn's teasing him. "I'd be mad at myself if I did that. I've had it done to me several times before and it's always infuriating."

"Sorry, I know that probably isn't what you want to talk about, and I don't want to ramble.."

"Please, ramble all you want. Half the fun of reading books is talking to others about them." Esca assured him with a smile before reaching over to pick up his glass for another drink. "Yeah, I certainly never thought anything of the like when I lived up North still. I don't think any Northerners have thought of stuff like this," he tapped the book with his knuckles, "ever before, but I find it rather interesting. Been thinking about talking to one of our resident Southerners that are avid believers and getting their perspective." That was Esca alright, always curious...and always willing to do the extra research on something. That was what made him rather talented in his craft...that and the fact he had a mind for math.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:25 pm

For a moment, the young man had to think. Would Isamuyn really like going to Walled? The chimera really did not trust people, much like his handler. Since Esca was really the only one that Devyn had been hanging around with, Isamuyn had grown fond of being around Adianca. Honestly, Devyn thought that the chimera daywher may have even developed a slight crush on the green daywher. Sometimes, the young man could not resist the urge to heckle Isamuyn about it, although Isamuyn always seemed less than impressed by Devyn's teasing. "I don't really think that Isamuyn would want to go. He's always seemed more....comfortable on the ground. He hated it when I went home to Telgar a while ago.." After he thought another moment, Devyn chuckled. "Come to think of it, I think Isamuyn would probably be perfectly happy to just stay here with Adianca." Blue eyes looked at Esca for a moment before nodding. "I've heard that about Walled, and you're right. I will most certainly have to make sure I don't upset anyone." That was honestly the last thing he wanted to do. Not even just in Walled....anywhere really.

Blue eyes danced a bit in silent laughter as he heard what Esca said. Come to think of it, he had never had any kind of cheap drink when he came to Esca's. He always seemed to have the best, no matter what kind of liquor it was. Devyn had actually slowed down a bit on his drinking, which shocked him quiet a bit actually. He had always been one to have a few drinks with friends, and then when Ana left, he had kind of let himself go. He wasn't proud of it, but at the time, he hadn't cared much. When he met Esca, something about him made Devyn take a step back from the drinking. Occasionally he still went to the local tavern, but it was much more infrequently than it had been before. Esca's voice forced the young man to push those thoughts to the back of his mind. He chuckled a bit, "Oh I've had it done to me before as well, but I was really only kidding. I don't think I could be mad at you if you did it..I'd be to worried about making you feel bad..." He said it with a teasing voice, although it was certainly heartfelt as well.

Devyn gave his friend a small smile, silently thanking him for being so understanding. With Esca, Devyn felt like the other man actually listened to what he had to say. Likewise, Devyn could not help but hope that Esca felt the same way about him. It was just nice to have someone to talk to, someone to confide in. He too picked up his drink, taking a small sip while he listened to Esca. "Well, that certainly sounds like you. Always wanting to know more. I do agree though. The best way to actually understand it, would be to talk to someone who has been raised with it." Devyn still didn't know if he was veer going to believe in any type of god or whatever, but he guessed it wouldn't hurt to find out what it was all about.

He grabbed his glass again and then turned back to reading his book, although his attention did not stay on the book for very long. His sharp blue eyes kept wandering back up to look at the red head, and Devyn would have to tear them away so that Esca would not catch him starring. Finally he managed to keep his eyes on the book, but he wasn't really reading what was there. He picked up his glass and took another drink and then pretended to go back to reading once again until he could think of something to say to Esca that didn't sound stupid.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:22 pm

"I don't really think that Isamuyn would want to go. He's always seemed more....comfortable on the ground. He hated it when I went home to Telgar a while ago.. Come to think of it, I think Isamuyn would probably be perfectly happy to just stay here with Adianca."

Esca chuckled, "I'm sure he wouldn't mind that at all. I'm also sure that Adianca wouldn't mind that either." The green had quite the soft spot for the chimera. "Adi doesn't mind flying, but yeah...she prefers to stay on the ground as well." Esca tried to not let the pang of jealousy show through over the fact that Devyn came from a home he could return to. Himself, on the other hand, had been publicly shunned by his own father all because of who he wanted to love. Esca was not the forgiving type, but he suspected that no one could blame him for not forgiving his father that one monstrous act.

"Oh I've had it done to me before as well, but I was really only kidding. I don't think I could be mad at you if you did it..I'd be to worried about making you feel bad..."

"Oh please....sometimes a little brutal honesty is needed among good friends. That's what friends are for right? To keep you on the straight and narrow, point out when you're being an idiot, that sort of thing." Esca said with a smile. Perhaps he was emphasizing the word 'friend' a little too much. He didn't want to make it sound like that was all he wanted or worse that he was upset that they were still only just friends. Neither of those things were true. He did, however, consider Devyn one of his dearest and closest friends...regardless of the fact he would love to have things be more romantic with each other.

"Well, that certainly sounds like you. Always wanting to know more. I do agree though. The best way to actually understand it, would be to talk to someone who has been raised with it."

Esca blushed at the compliment, well he was going to take it that way. "Well then..next time I go to Walled and you come with me, perhaps I can drag you to talking with someone that's a believer with me." Silence fell around them for a few moments as they both went back to reading their books. Both would occasionally take a drink of their glasses, but eyes remained on the books. Well...Esca's eyes remained on the book...however he could feel Devyn looking at him and when he'd slightly look over at the man he would notice him quickly turning away. After a few times of it, Esca finally had to ask, "What is it? Do I have something on my face?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:39 am

Devyn coul not help but catch the weird look that came across Esca's features for the barest of moments. He wanted to ask him about it, but he decided it would probably not be the best thing to do at the moment. Besides, everyone liked to keep some things private, and the blue eyed man figured that Esca would probably not like him questioning him too much. While he had known the green handler a while, Devyn was still worried about doing something that would make the other man mad at him, and not want to be his friend. Since he didn't have many friends here yet, he didn't want to risk loosing any. Honestly, he didn't know what he would do if he and Esca weren't friends anymore. After all the time they had spent on their research, he didn't want to lose Esca.

A small smile creeped onto his face as could be seen over the edge of his cup as he lifted it up to take another drink. After he took a sip, he took a few moments to let the burning sensation pass once more before he nodded. "Yes, I would have to certainly agree with you about that. Although, sometimes, I'm sure it is nice to have a friend who tries to steer you the opposite way...just to have some fun and adventure in your life...ya know?" While he didn't go out drinking like he once did, and try and find comfort in some random girl's bed, he still had a tiny bit of recklessness in him that he sometimes wished he could crush, but then again, sometimes it was fun to go do something spontaneous. Devyn didn't speak these thoughts though. It would probably be better if he didn't for now. Besides, he had calmed down his wild side quiet a bit since he had met the red head sitting next to him. There was no reason to really tell Esca about it until he absolutely had to.

A small smile played on Devyn's handsome features as he realized that Esca seemed genuinely glad that Devyn seemed interested in going with him. "Sounds good to me..." After that, there was a bit of silence, and Devyn honestly jumped just a bit when he heard Esca's voice. He fought the blush he could feel rising in his cheeks and quickly shook his head. "It's nothing...don't worry. You don't have anything on your face...I promise.." Devyn reasoned with himself that he wasn't lying to Esca, although deep down, he knew he wasn't telling him the whole truth. Sure, he really didn't have anything on his face, but when Devyn had said it was "nothing" he hadn't really been honest with himself...or Esca.

Blue eyes glanced at the book again, trying to get himself to focus, but now he really couldn't. He sighed a bit to himself before saying, "Esca..I...didn't tell you the complete truth. I...erm..." He took a breath, trying to get himself together. "I just can't stop thinkning about that kiss. I mean, I've been trying to do what I promised I would, and figure everything out. For some reason though, my mind just keeps coming back to that, time and time again.."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 pm

"Yes, I would have to certainly agree with you about that. Although, sometimes, I'm sure it is nice to have a friend who tries to steer you the opposite way...just to have some fun and adventure in your life...ya know?"

Esca chuckled. "Yes, it is good to have friends that do that too. Nothing wrong with getting a little wild every now and then. Certainly nothing wrong with adventure either, thought to be fair I tend to enjoy adventure through a good book rather than living it." He was a bookworm and sort of fit the stereotype that he preferred to be inside than outside. "I've never been too adventurous, to be honest. I prefer books to running around outside. Being a handler has certainly made me be more athletic." He'd never even ridden a runner before he bonded to Adi.

"It's nothing...don't worry. You don't have anything on your face...I promise.."

A quizzical look was given to the man as he assured him there was nothing on his face. Esca wasn't the best at reading people, but he had a feeling there was more to that look than 'nothing'. "Okay, I believe you." He told him with a small chuckle. Silence fell around them again as they went back to reading their books. Escan didn't think Devyn was going to say anything more on the matter and he was fine with that.

"Esca..I...didn't tell you the complete truth. I...erm...I just can't stop thinkning about that kiss. I mean, I've been trying to do what I promised I would, and figure everything out. For some reason though, my mind just keeps coming back to that, time and time again.."

The sigh caught his attention first. He put the book down in his lap and turned towards Devyn. A light blush covered his cheeks as he admitted to thinking about their kiss. "Should I take that to mean you really enjoyed that kiss? Because I know I did...and I still think about it too." He put his bookmark in his book and sat it down on the klah table. "So....should we talk about it?" Esca asked curiously.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:17 am

A small smiled played on the chimera handler's face as Esca agreed with him. Why it made such a big deal, the young man didn't know. Maybe it was just the fact that Esca had not been against having a wild side. Maybe there was no reason for Devyn to hide his more adventurous side. As he continued to listen, a small chuckle worked its way out. "That sounds like you alright....although don't you ever feel like just going out and doing something?" Not that there was anything wrong with reading a good book, nothing at all. The blue eyed young man once again found himself nodding in agreement with Esca. It had also become clear to him that he was also becoming more athletic, more built, since he had found Isamuyn.

Devyn really did not like lying to Esca, but at the same time, he wasn't sure if he was ready to talk about everything once again. Esca had been patient with him, with his confusion, but the chimera handler was not sure how much longer the red head would be willing to wait for him to make up his mind. For a moment, thoughts about what would happen if he said that he didn't have feelings for Esca. Would it ruin their friendship? Would it make it awakward? As quickly as those thoughts entered his mind, he forced them away. No, Esca wasn't that type of person. Even though he had not known him for an overly long period of time, Devyn was sure about this. If he said that he did not feel the same about Esca, he knew the other man would just be happy to be his friend, and Devyn would return the favor.

Blue eyes looked at Esca for a moment. "Well...erm...yah I did. I mean, I never said I didn't like it..I was just..really confused...and we were both pretty drunk. Somehow though, it keeps running through my mind.." He looked away for a moment, not really sure what else he could say. When he heard Esca, he gave him a small smile. "We could, although, I honestly don't know really what there is to talk about. I am still confused, although, not AS confused I guess..." He frowned a bit. "Sorry...I know I'm not making a lot of sense right now.." Hopefully he didn't sound too crazy. While his confusion had settled down a bit, the thought of being with another man was still throwing him for a loop, but at the same time, he didn't know how much longer he wanted to try and deny these feelings (if that is what they were) that he had for the green handler sitting next to him.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:06 pm

"That sounds like you alright....although don't you ever feel like just going out and doing something?"

Esca had a good laugh at that. "Well, I'm glad you know me well enough to know the truth of such things." He raised his glass to him and took a sip in toast. "Um...well, sometimes I get an itch I just have to scratch. I do like going out and doing things from time to time, but I've never really been too...rambunctious I suppose. Like, I've never gotten so drunk that I don't remember what I've done or gotten into trouble." Esca was a pacifist through and through. He didn't get into fights, really didn't like confrontation, so he wasn't the sort to start trouble.

"Well...erm...yah I did. I mean, I never said I didn't like it..I was just..really confused...and we were both pretty drunk. Somehow though, it keeps running through my mind.."

He wasn't wrong, they had both been rather drunk that other night. Though, that didn't mean that he didn't remember everything that had happened that night. "To be fair, the way you acted didn't exactly say to me that you hated it. Granted, that couldn't have been the alcohol, but I'd like to think it was simply you that liked it." Esca said in a teasing voice. That kiss had haunted him ever since it had happened. He was patient though so he hadn't pressed Devyn for anything else.

"We could, although, I honestly don't know really what there is to talk about. I am still confused, although, not AS confused I guess... Sorry...I know I'm not making a lot of sense right now.."

Whatever anticipation and hope he had began to feel from where this conversation was heading was covered over with Devyn's honest admittance that he was still confused and wasn't sure what they had to talk about. "Well, I don't know. Confused or not, I think talking might be able to help you. I mean...it's been awhile since that kiss. There's nothing wrong with still being confused, but....I don't know....if there is something I can help you to understand I want to." Esca offered, wanting to be helpful. "You liked the kiss....so what of it is confusing you still? Is it the stigma of men being together?" He asked.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:16 am

Blue eyes studied him a bit as the redhead spoke. It was then that Devyn realized how well he had come to know Esca over the course of them doing their research and just hanging out in between all that. A more shocked look came across his face as Esca talked about how he did like to go out and have a good time. It was not a truly shocked look, but a slightly pleasantly shocked one. This was good right? Maybe he could talk Esca into goin out with him some night for some food and drinks, away from the Weyr. Or they could just keep doing stuff like this just as easily he guessed. Maybe that would be better for now, since if they got drinking again, who knew what was going to end up happening. A small smile played on his liHps. "Alright, then I'll have to remember that the next time I get one of those itches as well. Then we can both scratch that itch together." Ok, so maybe he liked to be a bit wilder than Esca, or at least that was how he had used to be anyway. Devyn prided himself on calming those urges back down in the months he had known Esca.

A blush quickly appeared on the chimera handler's face at the next thing Esca said. "Yes, I'm guilty as charged I guess..." He picked up his glass and took another quick drink. "I did like it...as much as it confused me, it wasn't a bad kiss at all.." Ok, so now he was starting to ramble, so he quickly shut his mouth. After a moment he continued, "What I mean is...no...you're right. I didn't hate it..." How come when it came to Esca, and talking about stuff like this, he always thought he sounded like an idiot? He knew Esca probably wouldn't say that, but he found himself wondering if maybe Esca thought that just a bit.

As he listened to Esca, he frowned a bit, thinking about what the other man was saying. He nodded a bit. "It's just...all so new to me. I never really thought of myself with another man. I mean, I was always chasing after the girls. Never developed feelings for another man..." He looked down at his hands for a minute, rubbing them together nervously. "Well, that was....until I met you. I don't know exactly what I feel...it's just...all so new to me..." Again, he knew he was rambling, but Esca was the one who wanted him to talk, so talk he would.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:23 am

"Alright, then I'll have to remember that the next time I get one of those itches as well. Then we can both scratch that itch together."

Esca couldn't help but chuckle at that. "I'll hold you to it." He knew he shouldn't take it the way his brain had, but he couldn't help but think the phrase 'we can both scratch that itch together' was a bit naughty sounding. Perhaps it was wrong of his brain to automatically think such naughty things for anything Devyn said, but he couldn't help it honestly. He sincerely doubted that Devyn knew how extremely sexy he really was, but if he let him Esca would be more than happy to point it out to him as often as need be.

"Yes, I'm guilty as charged I guess...I did like it...as much as it confused me, it wasn't a bad kiss at all.. What I mean is...no...you're right. I didn't hate it..."

The way that Devyn tripped and floundered over his own words was quite endearing indeed. Esca didn't mind making his nervous to the point he rambled like this, though a part of him felt bad that Devyn was so...flabbergasted. "It wasn't a bad kiss? It was an amazing kiss you mean. I wasn't so drunk as to not remember that. You sir....are a damn fine kisser." That would probably make him a bit embarrassed, but that was alright. Esca sort of wanted to see him blush again.

"It's just...all so new to me. I never really thought of myself with another man. I mean, I was always chasing after the girls. Never developed feelings for another man...Well, that was....until I met you. I don't know exactly what I feel...it's just...all so new to me..."

A deep sigh was given. "Alright, I can understand that. So...we don't have to know exactly what we feel...that doesn't matter male and male or not. We can either...decide to see what happens between us or...just ignore that kiss ever happened and continue on with the friendship we have." Esca would rather they decide to see what happens, but it wasn't just his decision.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:31 am

Devyn could not help but smile just a bit at the man. For a moment, thoughts ran wildly through his mind. So, it was a...date then huh? Quickly, the young man pushed that thought to the back of his mind, he didn't need to say that out loud, especially since he still didn't know exactly how he felt about things. Besides, Esca seemed like a patient man, hell, he had shown that already. He couldn't help but wonder if those thoughts were going through his mind as well though. He didn't think about it to long. He was just happy that Esca had invited him to go with him. It would be nice to go to a new place, somewhere he had never been before. Plus, it would be nice to hang out with Esca for an entire day. The red head had become one of his best friends here,

The chimera handler could feel a blush creeping onto his features as he heard what Esca said next. For a moment, he wished he could just make it stop so that Esca would not notice it. Unfortunately for him, he knew that Esca noticed pretty much everything, just like he did. It was just in their nature. Now, at the same time, he knew that the red head was probably not going to call him out on it, even though he was bound to see it. Quickly, he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. "Well, thank you. You're a pretty good kisser yourself..." Honestly, he had already known that he was a great kisser. Hell, he'd had enough practice. After Ana had left, he had used his looks, and his charm to get girls, and practice kissing. Well, actually, is was much more than that, but he had learned how to be a good kisser because of it.

A frown marred his handsome features as he listened to Esca. He knew that he had to decide, but that's what was hard for him. It was clear how Esca felt. For a moment, blue eyes just looked at his hands. What was he supposed to do? He knew nothing bad would happen, but he found himself wondering if Esca might come to resent him for it a bit later on or something. Then again, maybe he should just throw caution to the wind and take a chance? After all, the green handler had just said that if there were feelings, it shouldn't matter if it was male to male or not.

Devyn raised his glass to his lips once more, taking another drink as he continued thinking, trying to play out all the possibilities. Finally he took a deep breath. "You know what, I've been so scared to get close to anyone since Ana left...I....I think its time I did though...so...yah...maybe we should see where this goes.."