You & Me....Us? [tag - Devyn/Kate]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:20 pm

Today was a great day so far. The weather was beautiful and clear for Esca's rest day, so he'd decided to go steal Sennel from Carrot for the day to spend some quality time with him. His little boy was a turn old now and becoming quite his own little person. He promised his dear friend to have him back before dinner, and then the two of them had gone off towards the lake to play at the shore line. Adianca, of course, came with them. She loved the little boy and his excitement. Especially when she would nuzzle his belly and cause him to fall onto his back. Esca didn't have to worry about Adi being too rough with Sennel. After looking and picking up different rocks and pieces of wood, Esca decided to let Sennel play in the water a bit. He stripped them both down to the bare essentials. They only went in so far so the water reached above Sennel's knees, then Esca sat down in the water so he could keep a better hold of the excited youngster.

Together the three of them played for hours by the river. Then, they stopped for lunch and after that, Esca took Sennel back to his place to play for a little longer and give him a bath before taking him back to Carrot. It was just before dinner time when Esca finally left the creche to head home so he could get changed and bathed himself before going to dinner. Thoughts of Devyn, as usual, would flit through his head on occasion. The two were still good friends, though he doubted either of them could deny there was a bit of tension in the air about them since he had drunkenly kissed him. Esca didn't regret doing that, not really, but...Devyn hadn't yet to tell him if he'd figured things out or not. After trying to wait so long for Talen, it was a little hard waiting again for something unknown.

That brought to him by now. Esca had finished eating in the dining hall and was now heading back to his place. Adi walked along beside him. There is someone following you. She told him as he turned around to see who it could be. "Can I help you?" He asked the man, a simple weyrfolk from his knots...but not a bad looking one. The two began to talk, Esca had left the book he'd been reading in the dining hall and the man wanted to catch him and give it back to him. However, the longer they spoke, the more...flirtatious the tone began. This was not lost on Esca and he couldn't help but flirt back. Things seemed to be going in a certain direction when a familiar face came up. "Oh, hey Devyn. What's going on?" Esca asked with a smile. He wasn't sure why...but he felt a little...guilty for flirting with this random man. It was silly, of course, he and Devyn were not together...but Esca couldn't deny the fact he did have feelings for the chimerahandler...perhaps that was why.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 am

Blue eyes glanced around the apartment, seeing if there was anything else that needed to be done. On such a beautiful day, the young man knew he should probably not be cooping himself up inside, but at the same time, he knew there were things that needed to be done here. With patrols and just trying to make sure he was doing everything he could for the Pack, he had neglected some of the household chores. Not that it was bad really. It honestly hadn't taken him that long to do it once he set his mind to it. A satisfied look came over the young man's features. Everything was where it belonged, and it looked like someone actually lived here now. Well, it always looked like someone lived here, but now at least if he had company over, it was picked up and cleaned the way it should,be.

Devyn grabbed a book and sat down on the couch, intending to read a bit. There was nothing like relaxing after getting something accomplished. He started to read, but it didn't last very long. For some reason, he just found that he couldn't relax. The chimera handler finally shut the book and got up, stretching a bit. Maybe what he needed to do was go and take a walk or something like that. It couldn't hurt anyway, especially on a day like this. Isamuyn followed him for a bit before he decided to go off and do his own thing since he was sure Devyn was going to be ok on his own. The dark haired young man just shook his head. He had gotten used to how Isamuyn acted, and just let it roll off his shoulders. They were both overprotective of each other, which wasn't a bad thing, but sometimes he didn't think it was really a good thing either.

He walked around the paths in the forest, making sure he didn't stray from them, or well, at least not too far anyway. Thinking about that made him think about how he and Isamuyn had met. Lost in his thoughts, he wandered aimlessly, breathing in the fresh air. It was, oddly relaxing. As he relaxed though, his mind drifted to Esca, and the night they had kissed. After that, he had gone home, and met Jora. Jora had told him to follow his heart, but honestly, the young man was still confused, although he couldn't deny his feelings for the man. They had grown stronger since that day, but he was still unsure whether he should act on them or not.

He noticed that it was starting to get darker, so he headed back, knowing he'd been out for quiet a while and still needed to get something to eat. It did not take him long at all to reach the dining hall and he quickly grabbed something to eat and drink. He wasn't really very hungry, so it didn't take long before he was on his way again.

Blue eyes stared for a moment as he recognized a familiar figure talking to someone whom Devyn did not recognize. How had he missed seeing Esca in the dining hall? Or maybe he was on his way there? For a moment, he wasn't going to say anything. He could hear the tone of his voice, and he wondered if Esca had gotten tired of waiting for an answer. Before he could sneak away unseen, he heard Esca say his name. "Hey Esca.." He looked at the green dayhandler and said, "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you..."

Honestly, what else could he say? He was not going to make a scene. Besides, he didn't have any claim to Esca. "I should let you get back to talking.."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:24 am

"Hey Esca.." He looked at the green dayhandler and said, "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you...I should let you get back to talking.."

No no...you're not interrupting. I'm promise." Esca stated quickly and stepped up to the dark haired chimerahandler. Seeing that Devyn was trying to sneak away from him and the man he was flirting with only made him feel even more guilty. It was silly, they were not an item...Esca would like for them to be an item, but..he wasn't going to press Devyn either. An apologetic look was given to the other man he had been talking to before he moved up to Devyn.

"What are you up to tonight?" Esca asked him. The man he had been flirting with knew exactly what had just happened to him and bore an upset gaze at Esca's back as he walked away with the other man. Esca didn't really care if he'd upset the other man, yeah...he'd been alright looking, but he was nothing compared to Devyn. Not just in looks, but in attitude as well. Devyn shared many of his own interests which made spending time with him very amusing and a lot of fun.

"It's been awhile since we've gotten to spend time together. I've honestly missed you." Esca said with a soft smile.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:28 am

Piercing blue eyes studied Esca for a moment, wondering how he was not interrupting anything. Honestly, the young man didn't really know why it had bothered him, even though it had only been a bit. The green handler and he were not in a relationship, mostly since Devyn had not sorted out how he felt about everything. The kiss had been...better than ok...much better, but part of him still thought that being with another man was a bit odd. It wasn't like he hated the thought, he was honestly kind of open to it, but first he had to get past that fact. Ever since that night, Esca had been on his mind more and more, even if he tried not to think about him. He didn't deny that he felt something that could potentially be classified as more than friendship, he just wasn't quiet sure he was ready for that yet.

Esca's voice, and his move closer to him, brought the chimera handler out of his thoughts. It took the young man a moment to collect his thoughts. "Well, I wasn't planning on doing anything. I tried to read a book earlier, but I just couldn't settle myself down enough to actually read it." He paused for a moment before continuing, "So I was thinking since I've ate now and everything else I needed to get done today is done, I might just go and try and read that book. Seems like a nice relaxing way to end the day.." What had Esca been planning on doing? If Devyn hadn't shown up, would he have gone off with that other young man? The two of them had seemed to be flirting enough. The chimera handler actually felt kind of bad that he had come between the two of them. Although, it didn't seem to bother Esca that he was just turning his back on the other man, so Devyn decided to not let it bother him either.

Blue eyes widened slightly as Esca told him he missed him. For a moment, he couldn't say anything. Those feelings...were they really those kind of feelings? Or was it just because the two of them had been working so closely lately with their research? Quickly, the dark haired man pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind, blushing a bit for even thinking them. No, his feelings for Esca had started the day he met the man at the beast pens.
He was glad it was dark, and hopefully Esca could not see the blush. "Well, that's very nice of you to say. I've missed you to..."

He cleared his throat, hating that things seemed to be awkward, and the chimera handler knew it was all his fault. Or well, most of it anyway. If only he could get over this confusion, and not leave Esca hanging. "If you're not doing anything though, I'd be up for spending some time hanging out with you...or we could get together some other time if you're busy tonight.."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:57 am

"Well, I wasn't planning on doing anything. I tried to read a book earlier, but I just couldn't settle myself down enough to actually read it. So I was thinking since I've ate now and everything else I needed to get done today is done, I might just go and try and read that book. Seems like a nice relaxing way to end the day.."

Esca nodded at his plans. "That sounds like a good way to end the day for sure. Then again, I'm a bit of a book worm so I generally read before bed." He paused for a long moment before adding, "Okay...maybe I stay up reading when I should go to bed." He said with a laugh. The laugh might have been a little awkward. He couldn't shake the feeling of guilt he still had for being caught flirting with another person. The greenhandler didn't think about the what ifs of how this evening could have gone had Devyn not shown up. He was more concerned about Devyn than anything else.

"Well, that's very nice of you to say. I've missed you to..."

"It's the truth. I really have missed you." He reiterated. It was the truth though. He missed the late nights they sometimes had just pouring over research or staring up at the stars. Something that would seem relaxing to those watching them, but honestly it was work for them. Well, really more of a passion than a job for them.

"If you're not doing anything though, I'd be up for spending some time hanging out with you...or we could get together some other time if you're busy tonight.."

Esca shook his head vehemently. "No, I'm not busy at all tonight. Not at all. I'd love to just....hang with you this evening. Even if all we do is sit quietly in the room together and read. I did get a new bottle of cognac if you're interested." Not that they had to drink of course, but Esca was a social drinker and considering the bit of awkwardness between them perhaps a bit of alcohol would be help ease the tension.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:58 am

Blue eyes danced a bit with silent laughter as he listened to the green handler. "Well, I'm certainly not going to make fun of you for that. I've been known to do it a few times as well. I know what it's like to just get wrapped up in a book and not be able to put it down, no matter how much you need to..." The dark haired young man had actually not been able to read to late into the night lately because Isamuyn would always bug him and remind him he needed his sleep. At first, he had tried to argue with the daywher, but somehow, Isamuyn always managed to make a point that Devyn could not argue with. Devyn had decided though that from now on, he would either just shut Isamuyn out, or he would just wait until the chimera was asleep before he did anymore reading.

Devyn could feel his face getting warmer once again as Esca restated that he had indeed missed him. he quickly tried to shove that away though. Now was not the time to be dwelling on his feelings. He hadn't really been able to talk to Esca sine that night, which was honestly kind of alright with him since he still didn't know exactly where he stood on the matter. He kept thinking that Esca had just kissed him because he was drunk, even though the green handler had already assured him that wasn't the case. That night had been fun...interesting...and confusing all at the same time.

Esca's offer made Devyn smile. It sounded like a great plan to him, although he wondered if this would just continue to make things even more awkward for the two of them? Quickly those thoughts were pushed away as well, and he heard Esca mention something about a drink. He smiled a bit. "That sounds great..." He thought a moment, "I guess I'll just let you lead the way then. I'm sure you'll have a book for me to read. Saves having to walk to my apartment." With that he flashed Esca a small smile and followed him back to his place, trying to keep himself calm, and thinking of ways to hopefully not make this awkward.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:30 pm

"Well, I'm certainly not going to make fun of you for that. I've been known to do it a few times as well. I know what it's like to just get wrapped up in a book and not be able to put it down, no matter how much you need to..."

Esca chuckled. They were so much a like he couldn't help but be amused by it. "Yes. Some of them even if I did put them down I still wouldn't sleep wondering what was going to happen next, so might as well keep reading." That was how he justified it anyways. Adianca never bothered him about how late he stayed up even if she did sometimes have a harder time getting him up in the mornings. Occasionally she would scold him for staying up too late, but more often than not she would allow him to do as he wished. However, that also meant he had to suffer the consequences of his choices as well.

"That sounds great..." He thought a moment, "I guess I'll just let you lead the way then. I'm sure you'll have a book for me to read. Saves having to walk to my apartment."

A wide smile split his face as Devyn agreed to spend some time with him. "Wonderful. Yes, I have plenty of books for you to choose from. I actually got a couple of new ones from Walled not long ago." Esca enjoyed reading books from Walled. They were so different than stories from the North. The whole culture was different. Most of the heroes of the tales were women instead of men. It was odd.

It didn't take long for them to get to his cabin. Adianca padded ahead of them and pushed into their room so she could immediately curl up in her wallow. "Make yourself at home. My bookshelf is right there, take your pick of books. I'm going to get us a couple of glasses and maybe something to nibble on." Esca couldn't stop the thought that he wouldn't mind nibbling on Devyn, but until he was sure that he wanted such a thing too he would keep those thoughts safely to himself. Part of him was tempted to ask him if he'd thought about what they had discussed last time, but he didn't want to seem weird and he certainly didn't want to scare Devyn. "What would you like to drink?"
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:38 am

Devyn couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the truth in what the green handler said. For some reason, he was reading more books now than he ever had before. He pretty much blamed that on his girlfriend leaving him. After she left, he had thrown himself into his Craft, but even more he had thrown himself into reading everything he could get his hands on. He had been like tat when he was younger, and had gotten out of it a little bit as he had gotten older, although he had never lost his love of reading. Even when he had still had a girlfriend he had still managed to find a bit of time to read a few chapters here and there. He knew he should have been being more social once she had left, trying to get himself back out there. The only problem with that was, as much as he hated to admit it, he had been afraid. Afraid to let someone else get close to him, afraid to get his heart broken once more. Now though, that feeling had started to go away, especially with these feelings about Esca.

When Esca smiled at him, the young man couldn't help but grin as well. Esca's smile was pretty infectious He chuckled a bit, "Well, I've always heard that the books from Walled were pretty good. Just never really got to read any from there myself yet..." he always just got his books from wherever he could, just buying them whenever he saw them. He hadn't been to Walled, but he had always been interested in getting books from there. He was sure they would be different from the ones he normally read.

Blue eyes watched Adi go off and lay down, and he smiled at Esca before heading over to the bookshelf, trying to figure out what book he might want. His heart was pounding a bit in his chest, and he quickly tried to calm himself down. He was just hanging out with Esca. There was no need to get worked up over it. He hadn't made a decision yet, Esca hadn't even said anything that could be considered even remotely pressing. He took a deep breath, continuing to try and calm himself.

"I'll have whiskey if you have any.." came the answer to the redhead's question. Although, this is how the whole thing had started last time wasn't it? The two of them had both been a little tipsy due to them celebrating their breakthrough, and that was when the kiss had happened. Devyn quickly pushed those thoughts away as Esca came back with their drinks. He took his and took a sip before looking back at the books. He finally grabbed one that caught his attention. It looked like it could be mystery themed, so he figured he'd give it a try. "This one looks like it might be interesting..." He went and sat down on the couch and flipped it open, although instead of reading, his eyes stayed on Esca for a moment while the other man picked out a book. The chimera handler quickly pulled his eyes away and focused them back on the page. He really didn't want Esca to notice him starring. After a moment he said, "So, what kind of book did you pick?"
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:10 pm

"Well, I've always heard that the books from Walled were pretty good. Just never really got to read any from there myself yet..."

Esca nodded and smiled with obvious excitement. "Oh, they are wonderful. Next time I plan a trip to Walled I'll let you know. If you want you can come with me." He was suppose to be living at Walled at this point. Had it not been for fate and Adi that would be exactly where he was. Though, he didn't regret how his life turned out. He had finally learned to accept his sexuality, something he doubted he'd have been able to do at Walled considering they were just as strict about males being in a relationship together as the north. "Walled is quite the experience. Nice place, but I don't I'd want to live there. Have you ever been?"

"I'll have whiskey if you have any.."

"Whiskey it is then." He says as he pours them both a glass and then moves over to the couch to set them down on the klah table. Then, he settled onto one side of the couch. He'd let Devyn decide how close or far away he wanted to be from him, though he hoped the man wouldn't sit as far away from him as possible.

"This one looks like it might be interesting..."

Esca turned to look to see which book it was he had picked up. "Oh yeah...it's a good one. I read it last month. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything for you." He promised as he turned back around to the klah table to pick up his glass and take a sip. His book was laying on the table, so he picked it up and put it in his lap before sitting the glass back down. Devyn was on the couch with him now and Esca couldn't help but notice that he was staring at him for a moment. The corner of his lips began to twitch a little into a smile, but he stopped it.

"So, what kind of book did you pick?"

"This is...I don't know what you'd call it. It's about the goddess Benavu that those of Walled Hold worship. It's quite interesting honestly, but it's sort of hard to wrap my head around it being true, you know what I mean?" Esca answered him.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:21 am

The blue eyed young man could not keep a smile from coming to his face at Esca's excitement about his next trip to Walled, and that chance that Devyn might go with him. It would be nice to go to Walled...see what it was like. Besides, he wouldn't mind keeping Esca company. Devyn had always hated going anywhere by himself, and liked to try and make sure that he always brought someone with him. Something told him that Esca might like that idea. Although, as he listened to the other man talk, he found himself wondering why Esca wouldn't want to live there. It took a moment for it to dawn on him. Of course! He had heard stories of how Walled did not take kindly to two males being in a relationship. Esca would have been in hell there, of that, Devyn was sure. Esca's question brought him back to the present and the young man shook his head. "No, unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of going. So the next time you go, let me know. I just might have to tag along with you.."

As Esca returned with their drinks, Devyn picked his up and took a sip, trying to stop the funny face he made as it burned down his throat. Sure he liked whiskey, but he never completely got used to feeling that burn. After a moment he finally managed to say, "Well, that certainly hit the spot.." He chuckled a bit as he set his glass back down. "Well, that's good. I'd have to be pretty mad if you did..." Of course he was just teasing Esca. Just playing around with him. For a moment, the thought crossed his mind about what would happen if Esca didn't know he was teasing? Of course he had said it in a teasing voice, but still. Devyn quickly pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. No, he didn't need to think like that. There was no reason to. He was just worrying way to much.

A thoughtful look came across the chimera handler's face at Esca's response. He gave a small nod. "Things like that...are always hard for me to wrap my head around. I guess...I just don't know what to believe. I mean, I didn't believe in anything when my girlfriend walked out...but then, I can't help but wonder how Isamuyn came to find me? Was it divine intervention or whatever you call it? Or was it just fate? Or destiny? Take your pick..." He frowned a bit, "Sorry, I know that probably isn't what you want to talk about, and I don't want to ramble.."