Celebrating a Breakthrough - [Tag: Devyn/Kate]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:09 am

"I'm confused...yes...but I don't want to stop being your friend. No matter what, I couldn't do that. You were one of the first people to talk to me here, and I've loved working with you and just hanging out every minute.."

Esca gave a wide smile at that. It was good to hear that Devyn valued his friendship as much as he did. It felt...well...wonderful to know that he had such a good friend in the chimerahandler. He truly appreciated good friends considering how he had lost his first true friend...or what he had thought was his true friend. "Yes, same here. I wouldn't trade our research time or the times we've hung out for anything." Esca agreed completely. "I hope we spend many more times together."

"Would you hate me if I said I didn't know how I felt, but that the kiss didn't really feel...wrong?" He chuckled a bit. "You know, this is honestly the first time I have ever been...confused about something like this. Usually I am a quick witted, flirty, know what to say all the time kind of guy.."

Esca put a hand out on his arm and gripped it a little. "Devyn...I could never hate you." He assured the man. "It's alright to be confused, Devyn. Honestly, I'm not normally this bold. It seems like we are on opposite sides of....whatever this is." He said with a chuckle. "I wish I could help you. I know...when I was younger and first starting to feel...attraction for people...I realized that I was rather alone in my attraction for other men. Being holdbred...I knew it wasn't right, so I fought it. Even though I knew being attracted to men didn't feel...wrong...I was convinced it was. Took me a long time...until I was here in Atricis, till I finally allowed myself to accept who I was." Esca looked down at his fingers for a moment. "I don't know what it's like to develop feelings for a gender you've never been attracted to before, but I can tell you...if it feels right...don't ignore it."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Blue eyes danced a bit in laughter and a bit of joy at the fat that Esca didn't seem to mind that he was a little confused. The chimera handler did feel kind of, odd. For the first time in a long time, that he could actually remember anyway, he was at a loss for words, and actions. Esca had kissed him, something that he had never thought was even a possibility. Now, he was as confused as a poor school boy who had never been kissed at all. He was not happy about it, but at the same time he felt almost giddy, even through his confusion. Another smile played on the chimerahandler's lips as he forced himself to stop worrying about his confusion, and just focus on what Esca was saying. "I hope we spend more time together too.." It was the truth, although he couldn't help but wonder what their time would be spent doing. Especially now. Would their friendship be awkward now because of this? Devyn refused to believe it, but part of him kept telling himself that it was certainly possible.

A breath was let out that the young man hadn't even known he'd been holding as Esca said that he could never hate him. Well, that was certainly a good thing. Besides, Devyn knew Esca probably appreciated him being honest with him, even though it probably wasn't exactly what the green handler wanted to hear. Devyn nodded a bit as he listened to Esca. So the other young man had always known that he was attracted to other men. The chimerahandler had to admit, after Ana had left, he had become....a bit curious, about men, but had honestly never thought to act on it or anything, and had not felt anything other than curiosity. He offered Esca a small smile. "Thanks...I'll keep that advice in mind..."

He took another drink, but his mind was still reeling a bit, his lips still tasting Esca on them. No, he needed to get that out of his mind for the time being, or it was going to ruin everything. After a moment he looked at the red head. "So, what do you say we getsome dessert or something? I don't know about you, but I could go for something sweet right about now.."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:24 pm

"I hope we spend more time together too.."

Esca couldn't help the goofy smile that spread on his face, nor the way his cheeks turned slightly red at Devyn's confession. The greenhandler wasn't exactly sure why or what it was exactly he felt for the chimera handler. At first it had merely been attraction. Anyone with sight could tell that the man was drop dead gorgeous, therefore how could he not find him attractive. However, there was something else, something he couldn't quite put his finger on, that was different than the other attractions he had felt for others. For now he could only chalk it up to the fact that they had so much in common and had become such good friends since they first met. "Then we will count on spending more time together." He stated with confidence while ignoring the way his heart fluttered at the thought.

"Thanks...I'll keep that advice in mind..."

He nodded and smiled before reaching over to pat his arm again. "Good. I know it's probably not the best advice, but...I want to help. If that means you'd prefer me to stop flirting so much with you until you figure things out...I can. Or if you'd prefer me to flirt more, I can do that too." Esca said with a small chuckle. He truly did want to help Devyn...if that meant he might possibly get more kisses or more from Devyn that was merely the icing on the cake.

"So, what do you say we get some dessert or something? I don't know about you, but I could go for something sweet right about now.."

Esca had to bite his tongue to not say that he'd just tasted one of the sweetest things in his life a moment ago. He hoped that Devyn wouldn't guess that was what he was thinking as it took him a moment to give himself a mental shake and respond to his friend. "That sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm I didn't think to bring some with me. We could head to the dining hall and see what they have there." Esca suggested before downing what was left in his glass. He was most certainly good and drunk now, but that had been his goal for the evening.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 am

The goofy smile did not go unnoticed by the chimera handler, and Devyn knew there was likely one on his face as well. For some reason he felt like a giddy teenager, although he didn't know why. Was it possible that he was actually developing feelings for Esca? Feelings that went beyond that of just friendship? He shrugged it off, knowing he couldn't really think about it like he needed to right now. They DID have a lot in common, so maybe that was why he felt a bit closer with the green handler than anyone else he had met so far? Besides, they were both drinking, and maybe that was influencing him a bit more than he had thought it would. Devyn chuckled, running a hand through his hair, messing it up a bit. "Well, that sounds good to me.." He took a deep breath, and then another sip of his drink in order to try and keep himself from embarrassing himself.

Blue eyes studied Esca for a moment before the young handler shook his head. "No, it's fine advice, really. Thank you for caring enough to even want to help...I do appreciate it.." The dark haired young man could not help but laugh. "No no, by all means, just keep...being you. You don't need to change just because I might be a bit confused. I like hanging out with you because of who you are."
After those words left his mouth, Devyn knew that they could be taken a different way than what he meant. It seemed as though Esca was thinking about both ways, as it took him a moment to reply. The chimera handler had to chuckle to himself, thinking it was kind of funny that he could get to Esca like that, and he wasn't even trying. He nodded a bit. "The dining hall sounds good to me. I wasn't really planning ahead and thinking about dessert when we were talking about this. I guess it's a good thing we are good at improvising..."

He stood up and laughed out loud when he wobbled a bit. "I guess I drank more than I thought..." He smirked a bit before saying, "Alright, come on, let's get going! I'll race you if you want"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:08 pm

"No, it's fine advice, really. Thank you for caring enough to even want to help...I do appreciate it.."

Esca smiled at him. "Of course I care. You've become my closest friend here lately. Last time I checked, friends helped friends with anything..." He assured the handsome man. For a moment he couldn't help but get lost in those bright blue eyes and the dimples that showed whenever he smiled. Seriously, Devyn was too good looking. It really wasn't fair. Esca's alcohol soaked brain couldn't help but wonder how soft those lips would be and how firm the rest of him way. It was obvious the man was well built and muscular even though he'd never had the pleasure of even seeing him topless.

"No no, by all means, just keep...being you. You don't need to change just because I might be a bit confused. I like hanging out with you because of who you are."

He feigned a breath of relief at Devyn's words. "Thank Faranth. I know I said I'd stop flirting, but shards...I don't know if I would have been able to hold that promise." He said playfully. "It's rather fun flirting with you. I would honestly hate to stop." He said truthfully. It made him feel good to know that his flirtations worked to get Devyn a little flustered.

"Whoa....easy there." Esca said with a chuckle as he reached a hand out sturdy Devyn. "You can lean on my shoulder if you want." He stepped a little closer to him, just in case he needed the shoulder. "Race? We both can barely stand I don't think running is a good idea. C'mon on though. That dessert is sounding better and better." Esca couldn't resist giving the man's rear a small smack as they headed towards the dining hall. Despite things getting almost awkward between them this evening, Esca felt rather good about this whole thing. All he could do now was wait and see what Devyn decided he wanted to do.

{fin}
Image Image Image Image