Celebrating a Breakthrough - [Tag: Devyn/Kate]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:13 am

"I'm glad to...I need some new friends. I haven't really made very many since I've been here. It's kind of sad actually.."

Esca looked at him a bit shocked. "That is sad. You're a wonderful man, Devyn. A splendid friend. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. I know I feel that way." He said honestly, then realized he might have just been too sappy. "Sorry, don't mean to go all mush on you but...I understand the importance of friends and what it's like to not have any or to lose the ones you thought you had." When he'd left home he'd been the most friendless soul in the world. At least that was how it felt to him.

"Sounds like Isamuyn saved your life as well. I'm glad he found you out there." Esca said honestly. "I'm sorry about your girlfriend...ex-girlfriend. She obviously didn't know how good she had it." He raised his refilled glass up to Devyn. "Here's to our wonderful bond mates and their uncanny ability to save our asses when we needed it." He clinked his glass against the chimera rider's before taking a good sized gulp of his whisky. Since he didn't drink much too often, he was already beginning to feel the whisky he had had.

He chuckled as he wiped a bit of whisky off of his lips. "Well, I'm glad he trusts me and Adi." Esca said before taking another drink. "I'm starting to feel this I think." He moved his head from side to side quickly. "Yep, definitely starting to feel it. It's taking my vision to catch up with my eyes." He laughed again and then sat the glass down on the klah table so he could use his hands to remove his boots. They were going to be hanging out for awhile so he might as well be comfortable.

"You know, Devyn...you really shouldn't let that woman...whoever she was...ruin your life and keep you from making friends or finding another lover. You deserve happiness." Esca said seriously as he gave the man's thigh a few pats.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:17 am

Devyn's turned his blue eyes away when he saw the shock on Esca's face. So much for trying to lighten the mood a bit. He had actually been making a few more friends since he had met Esca, but not really. Isamuyn, patrols, and his project with the kind Green handler had been keeping him pretty busy. Not that he minded, it kept his mind from wandering back to before his girlfriend had left. It had actually gotten easier to not think about it, but it still stung from time to time. "Thanks Esca. I appreciate the kind words. I'm working on it, I actually met a few people. Not sure if they are friends yet, but maybe now that we made a breakthrough, I will have to meet up with them again." He chuckled a bit, "Mushy is fine, I don't mind it really.." After the heartbreak, it was nice to know that he could still be a good friend.

The chimera handler nodded. "Honestly he did. I'd probably still be wandering around out there, or maybe even dead if he hadn't found me." Devyn didn't like to think that way, but it was the truth. He pulled himself out of those depressing thoughts just as Esca raised his glass and toasted to Adi and Isamuyn, and how they had saved the two young men. "I can drink to that..." said the blue eyed man as he clinked his glass against Esca's before downing the rest of ale that was in his glass and leaning back against the couch, allowing himself to relax a bit and just try and enjoy having his friend here, and celebrating.

Devyn nodded. "I'm glad too. He can be...very opinionated sometimes...and even if he didn't trust you and Adi...I do...so that's all that really matters anyway.." He listened to Esca, and couldn't help but chuckle a bit as the redhead quickly moved his head from side to side, and then said that he was indeed feeling the alcohol since it was taking his vision a moment to catch up. "I think I may JUST be starting to feel it, but then again, I probably drink a little more than I should sometimes.." He wasn't proud to admit that he drank more than he should, but the thing he wouldn't admit was that it was usually at taverns trying to pick up girls for the night.

Blue eyes looked into Esca's, a small smile forming on his face. A slight blush crept onto his face as Esca's hands patted his thighs, but he quickly tried to ignore it and nodded slowly, as if pondering what his friend had said, "I know Esca. Actually, it's been getting easier and easier, but then, I talk to someone...we hit it off, and it always ends up being a one night stand. I know it's probably me, but sometimes I start thinking about another relationship, and it brings the memories back...both the good and the bad."

He poured himself some more ale before continuing, "I don't know if that sounds crazy or not. I've never had my heart broken until now, and I honestly don't know how I am supposed to feel. You know?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Esca chuckled. "I'm glad you are meeting more people. Though does this mean I have been hogging your time from getting to know them better?" He asked, slightly amused. He certainly didn't mind monopolizing the handsome handlers time, though at the same time he didn't want to keep him from having more friends. After all, everyone needed friends. Esca had other friends as well. "Well good. If you don't mind mushy then I don't mind it either." He said with a smile before taking another sip of his whisky. He would have to remember this brand to get the next time he needed whisky.

"Adi can be quite opinionated herself when she wants to be. It's always for worry and love of me, of course, but still she can be absolutely meddlesome." Esca stated with a shake of his head. "I'm glad you trust us at least. I'm sure given more time Isamuyn will trust us as well. Well...at least fully trust us." He knew how protective a bond mate could be. Adianca could be that protective of him some times. It was simply another way that they showed their love. "Good, I don't want to be the only one feeling the alcohol. This is a night of celebration after all! It's not a celebration if I'm the only one drinking." Esca leaned over and gave his arm a small slap. That gave him the excuse to scoot a little closer to him.

"Hey at least you're getting something though." Esca said, being a little more open than he normally would be about his own love life thanks to the alcohol. "I can't remember the last time I've been with anyone." That was the truth. Since Mul'rec had moved to Walled he didn't get to enjoy his company like he use to. He and Talen had decided to just remain friends. Carrot was likely the last person he had been with and that had been mainly mechanical...not passionate. Depression suddenly washed over him as he realized how pathetic his love life was.

"There is no certain way to feel, Devyn. Everyone acts in a different way to heartache. Some get angry, some want vengeance, some people get really sad and depressed, and some try to pretend like they didn't have their heart broken." As Esca spoke it was obvious his voice was getting a little bit slurred. "Don't worry, eventually you'll get over the heartache and move on. Or maybe you need to move on first and then the heartache will disappear. I've never been in a serious relationship before, so I'm probably not the one to be listening to." He chuckled and took another drink of his whisky. "I can tell you, if you were my boyfriend....I wouldn't break your heart." Yep...the honesty was flowing from him now. Later he would probably feel silly for admitting such a thing, but right now he didn't.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:51 am

The chimera handler couldn't help but blush a bit, his blue eyes not meeting Esca's. He hadn't meant it to sound like Esca was taking to much of his time. Honestly, he liked spending time with Esca better than anyone, but that could also just be because of how closely they had been working on their research, and how much of their time it took. He finally shook his head a bit. "It's not that you are keeping me from making new friends. I have made them...it's just..our research has certainly been more important to me at the present moment..that's all.." He took another sip of his ale, hoping he wouldn't end up offending Esca somehow or anything like that. He really did not need to be loosing a friend right now.

He let out a small breath he hadn't know he'd been holding once the young redhead switched the topic back to their daywhers. He chucked a bit, "Our daywhers...got to love them, even when you want to tell them to leave you alone for a bit, and stop being so overbearing.." The dark haired young man nodded at what Esca was saying. "Oh I'm sure he will. He's already warmed up to Adi a bit more. I think it's really just the humans he is having a problem with right now. It seems like he just thinks everyone is going to hurt me again, even though I tell him that is highly unlikely because I will not put myself in those kinds of situations.."

Another sip of ale was taken. "I guess. I don't mind the whole one night stand thing I guess. It's just...been that way since the ex left. I mean, I was kind of like that before I met her to. In a way I think I'm just going back to the way I used to be.." He frowned a bit. "I'm not exactly sure I am EXACTLY the same though. Now I think more about having a serious relationship, but I just can't bring myself to do it, you know? I think about it a lot, since I've already been in one. It just...never happens.." Ok, so now he was talking a bit more than he wanted to about his love life, but hey. It was just him and Esca, and their alcohol, so it didn't really matter, did it?

Eyebrows raised as the green handler spoke, and Devyn could not help but chuckle a bit as he listened to his slightly slurred words. He knew Esca was right. Devyn was a cross between two of those kinds of people. He still felt sad about the whole thing from time to time, but at the same time, for the most part, he acted like it didn't bother him. He slept with other women, and just enjoyed himself. Esca was really the only one who knew how much it bothered him sometimes.

He shrugged a bit. "It's just nice to talk to someone, anyone...about it. Whether or not they have been in a serious relationship is beside the point." What Esca said next left the blue eyed man speechless. While Esca had flirted with him before, he had really never said anything like this. For a moment, all he could do was stare. His mind shrugged it off as the fact that Esca was drunk and he just smiled a bit. "Thanks Esca. I know you wouldn't. You just...don't seem like that type of guy..." He took another sip of his ale, before noticing that Esca had actually moved a bit closer to him earlier. He frowned, but tried to remain calm. They were both drinking, so nothing they did or said could be taken seriously, right?
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:31 am

Esca was glad that Devyn didn't think he was keeping him from his other friends, though in all honesty he was simply teasing the man. "I am very happy all our hard work has paid off. I can't wait to send off this information to the Master and see what they say about it." A large grin spread on his face. "Shit, as far as I'm aware, you and I are the only two or two of only a few of starsmiths here in the south. The things we discover we could be the first people to discover them." He stated with obvious excitement. Then the subject changed to their day whers. "I'm glad he's warming up to Adi at least. Then again as badly as she flirts with him...I'd be surprised if he didn't." It was true, the green was rather flirtatious with Isamuyn. He wondered if part of it was because of his own attractions to Devyn.

More whisky was poured into his glass for him to enjoy as Devyn spoke of his love life. Esca didn't mind listening, he was honestly rather good at listening. Though, hearing Devyn speak about one night stands made him ponder if he shouldn't just find some of those himself. He really wasn't the one night stand type, though he couldn't say he was the serious relationship type either. Technically, though, him and Talen had been a one night thing...but they'd planned on getting back together eventually. Things simply hadn't worked out that way. Maybe he would hold out a bit longer...see if maybe he could luck out with someone. Blue eyes took in Devyn again, thinking about how much he wouldn't mind lucking out with the chimerahandler. As drunk as he was right now he felt that attraction even stronger.

"Thanks Esca. I know you wouldn't. You just...don't seem like that type of guy..."

"Thanks. I don't want to be that sort of guy." Esca said and then fell silent. He couldn't bring himself to look Devyn in the eyes at the moment, afraid if he did he'd succumb to the temptation of leaning over to give Devyn a small kiss. He felt very warm, but he wasn't sure if that was due to the whisky or because of the company. He took another small sip of his whisky as he tried to talk himself out of giving in to temptation. He shifted his position on the couch a little. In doing so he accidentally brushed his leg against Devyn's. That brief contact was enough to make his heart beat a little fast. His gaze looked up at the handsome man and any argument he'd used to tell himself it wasn't a good idea to kiss him went right out the window.

Without thought or hesitation, Esca leaned in and stole a short, soft kiss from his lips. While it was hard to not really kiss him the way he wanted, Esca was afraid of scaring him too much. "Sorry...I've been dying to do that."
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:28 am

Blue eyes danced as he listened to Esca. He too could not wait for their information to be fully compiled and sent to the Masters for review. For a moment, the thought of them being wrong crept into his mind. What if a piece of their research, or one of their calculations was off? What would they do then? What if it all turned out to be a not so big breakthrough? Quickly, the chimerahandler just pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. He couldn't think that way. Esca's smile was infectious and Devyn beamed back at him. "I know! I can't wait either...we could have something named after us. Wouldn't that be something?"

The dark haired young man could not help but chuckle as Esca talked about Adi flirting with Isamuyn. Devyn had noticed it, and Isamuyn certainly had to, although for the most part, he didn't act on anything. The chimerahandler knew though that when Adi ran, Isamuyn would most certainly join the run. Devyn was not looking forward to that. Usually he had made a point to go find someone to be with during Runs, and since Esca closed his door, and the fact that Devyn wasn't exactly sure how he felt about being with another man, he knew that was likely to happen again, even though he was honestly trying to stop being that one night stand type of guy. Maybe he shouldn't count runs though. Or maybe, he should just close his door too, and just kind of ride everything out.

Devyn took another sip of his ale and nodded. "No one ever wants to be that guy. Or well, no DECENT guy ever wants to be that guy." Even though Devyn fooled around a lot, he had to admit, he had never broken a girl's heart, and he certainly intended on keeping it that way if he could help it. He just, didn't believe in things like that. Sometimes, that's why one night stands were good. Both people knew where they stood, and there were no hard feelings in the morning. Sometimes though, the young man knew he craved for a stable relationship again, even though he found himself wondering if he was actually ready for that. He felt Esca's leg brush against his, and tried not to pay it any mind, although he couldn't help but think about all the flirting the red head had done with him.

The next thing Devyn knew, Esca's lips were upon his. Before he could even think about what was happening, let alone think about kissing him back, Esca was already done kissing him and apologizing. Blue eyes just stared at him, shock radiating through them. Had..had that really just happened? Devyn resisted the urge to touch his lips, try to prove that it had. "Esca..I...well...that was...certainly unexpected.." While it had been unexpected now, Devyn had always known it was a possibility with the way the red head flirted, but he had never thought he would act on it. He took another sip of ale, trying to keep himself busy until he could find something else to say.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:26 am

"I know! I can't wait either...we could have something named after us. Wouldn't that be something?"

Esca laughed heartily at that. "Damn, that would be something. I certainly wouldn't object to it." Maybe if that did happen and they became known for it, eventually word would get back to his home. He'd love for his father to hear about how successful he has become considering his father disowned him and called him worthless....all because he liked men. Esca was always surprised at how little he actually missed home. New Atricis was home to him now and the pack was his family.

"No one ever wants to be that guy. Or well, no DECENT guy ever wants to be that guy."

"Indeed. I know I wouldn't want to be and I wouldn't want any man to treat me that way either." Esca stated. "I've never had a serious relationship, but I know I would never want to be that guy. So far the only...lovers...I've had has been friends with benefits sort of thing. I wasn't really interested in something more serious the last few turns, but now...I don't know. I think I'd been willing to try." With the right man.. He added silently to himself. There was a part of him that couldn't help but wonder if Devyn wasn't that man. Over their time together Esca had to admit that his attraction had grown from just being attracted to the man to having a crush on him.

"Esca..I...well...that was...certainly unexpected.."

Esca hid behind his own glass after his bold move. There was a part of him that couldn't believe that he had just done that, but the drunk side of him was rather damn proud of himself. "Yeah, I know...I'm sorry. I've wanted to kiss you since...well when I first saw you." Esca admitted, his cheeks blushing a little. "I hope I didn't just make things too awkward between us." He slurred a little more as he spoke. "Though, if you liked it please tell me. I'm a little drunk and totally honest, so forgive my candor, but I would love to kiss you again."
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:41 am

Devyn could not help but laugh a bit at that. Of course Esca would not object, or mind, having something named after them. That was pretty much every Crafters dream. Admittedly, it was probably more in his craft then in most others, but, who was counting? Anyone would want to recognized for their achievements, no matter what craft they were in, wouldn't they? It was only natural. Besides, the young man had never thought he would really do anything important with his life, and it hadn't bothered him. Now though, the thrill of making this discovery had him thinking all kinds of good things. That his life will have meant something. Although, he was pretty sure it was always going to mean something, to someone anyway. "Neither would I Esca...neither would I..."

Blue eyes studied Esca over the top of his glass as Devyn took another drink. He gave him a small smile, nodding understandingly. Devyn had only ever really had the one serious relationship, and it had ended the way he had never thought it would end. Now all he was having was one night stands, which again, wasn't really hurting anyone. He didn't have any friends here yet...well,..not friends that he would have a friends with benefits thing with anyway. He couldn't help but smile softly. "I hope I'm ready to try for another serious relationship at some point. Maybe...soon. I don't know yet. I'm finally getting to the point where it doesn't bum me out anymore, and I can talk about it and be fine. So...maybe I'm getting to the point where I need to put myself back out there. No more one night stands.."

Once again. piercing blue eyes glanced at Esca, a slight blush forming on his own cheeks. His mouth opened to respond to the fact that Esca had wanted to kiss him from the first time he saw him, but no words would come out. The chimera handler knew he was in shock, but he also knew he had to say something, or else Esca would think he hated it. It hadn't been...bad...not in the least. It was just, the fact that it had been another man, was throwing Devyn off a bit.

Finally he found his words. "I...well..it wasn't terrible, and I didn't hate it. I just..need a few minutes to..process this..." Honestly, he probably needed more time than that, but he didn't want to make Esca feel bad. There had been...something he had been feeling for the green handler, but he had refused to believe that it was anything other than friendship. He had never really had feelings for men before, so why should he start now?
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Esca gave him a warm, friendly smile before he reached over to pat his arm comfortingly. "You'll know when you're ready. Or you won't and just say fuck and try again anyways." He chuckled a little. "Shards, what is that they always say about riding runners. If you fall off you gotta get back on again. Something like that, anyways. I'd say there is some good advice there, eh?" Esca took another sip of his drink, more because it was something to do than that he really needed more alcohol in his system. "I remember when I first started to learn to ride Adianca...my butt hit the dirt so many times. I'm glad I kept at it though, riding Adi is one of my favorite things to do now." Now he couldn't imagine how he didn't know how to ride at one point. Funny how life could change so quickly.

"I...well..it wasn't terrible, and I didn't hate it. I just..need a few minutes to..process this..."

"I suppose I'll take 'it wasn't terrible'." He couldn't help but tease Devyn a little, but then his face turned more serious and soft. "Devyn...I like you, but I get it. You've never had feelings for another man and if you never do...that's fine. I'm glad to just be your friend." He patted his arm again before scooting a little farther away to give the man a bit of space. "I'm sorry I let myself get a little carried away with that kiss. Alcohol lowering inhibitions and all that." He gave him a small sheepish smile. "Devyn...I'm not going anywhere. I still want to be your friend...but if you ever decide you might want to try something more...well, you let me know." Esca gave him another smile, hoping that he hadn't made things too awkward between them. He debated quickly changing the subject, but decided it'd be better to let Devyn respond to everything he'd just said.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:48 am

Devyn smiled, glad that at least he had someone to talk with this about. Granted, Esca might not know exactly how he felt, or what he had went through, but he was being a friend and helping Devyn through it. Another sip of ale was taken as Esca gently touched his arm, trying to comfort him a bit. Blue eyes looked at him, holding a thank you, even if it was unspoken for the moment. He listened to Esca, and couldn't help but chuckle a bit. The green handler was right. If he didn't know he was ready, eventually, he would just try again anyway. The young man knew eventually he needed to. He couldn't be caught up on his last relationship forever. He did NOT want to be one of those guys either. Other people's pity was not something he really needed, or wanted. Besides, he didn't want people thinking he was completely sorry for himself, or hung up on this girl. Honestly, he was over her, it was just, the thought of trying to start a new relationship that was somewhat daunting at the moment. "It's something like that, and yes, I do agree, it does tend to lend some good advice, especially right now.." Devyn just, didn't know if he'd ever find the right person again. He quickly scolded himself for thinking that though. It wasn't as if he'd actually TRIED to find another relationship. He had just settled into his flirting/one night stands, and that had been that. The blue eyed man knew he needed to get out of that habit if he was ever going to find someone again.

Esca's voice brought him out of his thoughts as he talked about Adi. "I couldn't agree with you more. I can't count the number of times I fell off Isamuyn. He kept encouraging me to get up and try again, telling me I was going to get it right, and to not give up.." He smiled fondly as he remembered that. Falling had hurt, obviously, but he had always felt better when Isamuyn kept pushing him to try It again. If his daywher was not giving up, then he wouldn't either.

Devyn blushed a bit as Esca teased him, but at least he knew he hadn't offended the green handler by saying that. It honestly hadn't been terrible, and it hadn't exactly been the greatest either, but Devyn figured that was mostly due to the alcohol. He listened to Esca, and nodded slowly. "I'm confused...yes...but I don't want to stop being your friend. No matter what, I couldn't do that. You were one of the first people to talk to me here, and I've loved working with you and just hanging out every minute.." He frowned a bit as Esca moved a little bit away, but he knew he was probably just to give him some space. "Would you hate me if I said I didn't know how I felt, but that the kiss didn't really feel...wrong?" He chuckled a bit. "You know, this is honestly the first time I have ever been...confused about something like this. Usually I am a quick witted, flirty, know what to say all the time kind of guy.."