Celebrating a Breakthrough - [Tag: Devyn/Kate]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Esca was still feeling giddy and ecstatic over the grand breakthrough in the research that he and Devyn had been working on together. While their joint efforts had helped the both of them amazingly, neither of them was expecting to discover what they had the night before. Something that had given them a huge breakthrough for their research and bring them that much closer to finishing what they were studying. Many cheers and pats on the shoulder and even a few hugs had been shared in excitement before Esca suggested they celebrate properly the next evening with good food and good drink. It was not often that those in their craft would stumble upon such a huge breakthrough, therefore it deserved to be celebrated. Devyn had offered his apartment for their small, private party and Esca had offered to bring the food and they both would provide some drinks.

The day of patrols had seemed to take forever as he waited for the evening to come. As soon as he was done with work for the day he'd quickly gone home to start cooking. While the roast was cooking, Esca got himself a bath and cleaned up. By the time he was dressed and ready, the roast was perfectly done. All he had left to do was finish the cheesy veggie casserole and then make his way to Devyn's apartment.

Esca was more than happy that he and Devyn had gotten closer as friends. They had so many of the same interests and got along so well. While Esca couldn't help but flirt shamelessly with the man on occasion, he didn't push for anything more. If he was honest, though, he would love to push the boundaries of their friendship a little. Perhaps...see where things went...He knew that Devyn had been hurt by his last relationship and had never thought of searching for romance of any sort with a man, but he didn't seem completely closed to the idea either. Esca could be patient though, after all, the only thing he could do without scaring Devyn off was let him know he was interested.

Getting everything packed up he made his way to Devyn's place. All their food was placed in a basket and in his other hand was a twelve turn bottle of whisky. Esca knocked as well as he could, "Devyn, it's me. Ready to celebrate?"
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 am

Blue eyes danced a bit as Devyn thought about the other night. He and Esca had had a major breakthrough in their research. It shocked the chimera handler to say the least. They were both just journeymen, but their persistence, and research had finally paid off. A discovery like this was pretty much a once in a lifetime experience for most Star Gazers, and it was happening to them so young. Devyn had thought that they would have been Masters before they actually made this significant of a breakthrough. They had shared their congratulations to each other, and even a few hugs. That thought made Devyn blush just a bit, but he quickly pushed it aside. The two of them decided that there should be a proper celebration, so the blue eyed rider had quickly volunteered his apartment. He knew it was going to be a great night. They deserved to let loose a little after all the work they had put into this. Since they were using his apartment, the red headed Green handler had offered to bring the food. Devyn could say that he was honestly very excited.

Devyn had patrols the next day, and was kind of sad when he didn't see Esca on them. Usually he didn't, but every once in a while he did. Today would have been a nice day, so they could have talked some more about their celebration. After the patrols were done, he and Isamuyn headed to the Hot Springs. The blue eyed man had brought his cleaning supplies with him, and quickly, yet carefully and diligently, gave his chimera a bath and made sure he was well taken care of before the two headed home for the night.

Once he finally arrived back at his apartment, he quickly began cleaning it up. Not that there was much to do. Between spending his days on patrol or just doing things with Isamuyn, and his nights doing research or other craft related things, or nights spent in the the company of a woman or two, the apartment did not really get used all that much. It didn't take him long at all. By now there was only a bit of time left until Esca was supposed to be there, so the blue eyed man decided he should probably get ready.

He headed into his necessary and quickly got himself cleaned up, looking himself over in the mirror, although he didn't really know why. It was just a friend coming over, and he highly doubted Esca would care how he looked, especially on a night like tonight that was all about celebrating. He threw on a nice pair of trousers and a nice blue shirt that actually helped set off his eyes more, and then he heard a knock at the door, and heard Esca's voice.

He quickly took a breath while he walked to the door and opened it. He gave his friend a smile, taking some of the stuff from him. "Come on in...perfect timing." He set the food on the counter and then grabbed some plates. "If you're ready to eat we can eat first...unless you just want to hang out a bit first.." What was he being weird for? He looked at Esca and then said, "Looks like you brought the good stuff to drink...maybe we should just start with that huh?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:12 am

"Come on in...perfect timing."

Esca couldn't help but stare a moment at Devyn in appreciation. While he tried not to make it obvious, he couldn't help but give his friend a quick once over. The pants he wore looked like they fitted perfect and that blue shirt made his eyes pop even that much more. A gentle shake of his head was given to snap himself out of it. "Good. I was hoping I wouldn't be too early or too late." Esca said as he moved into the cozy apartment.

"If you're ready to eat we can eat first...unless you just want to hang out a bit first.." What was he being weird for? He looked at Esca and then said, "Looks like you brought the good stuff to drink...maybe we should just start with that huh?"

"Food is good and hot now. Besides, probably best if we have something in our bellies before we start drinking." Esca said with a chuckle. "We'll be hanging out all evening, even if it's while eating." He couldn't help but look closely at Devyn. Was he acting odd? Surely not. Why would he be. Esca moved to set his food down on the man's table. "I made a roast with a cheesy vegetable casserole. Should be rather delicious...at least I hope." The greenhandler had been at Devyn's place enough times to know where to grab plates and silverware from, not to mention glasses for their drinks.

"Come, have a seat. Let us eat and then begin the real celebrations with drink and merriment." Esca stated with a wide grin as he set them both a place at the table. "How did patrols go for you and Isamuyn today? Adi's and I's patrol went by rather uneventful." He began with the small talk before he took a seat himself and began to dig into the food.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 am

Devyn couldn't help but chuckle just a bit. He wasn't exactly sure Esca could have been too early, or too late. He was just sounding weird. again, and of course it was in front of Esca. He wasn't exactly sure why that mattered so much to him now, but it seemed to. He quickly pushed all those thoughts out of his mind before he started blushing or something. Ever since the green handler had started flirting with him a bit, it had made the chimera rider a bit more, timid around him, or something. He wasn't exactly sure how to describe it., so he just tried not to think about it.

Devyn frowned a bit embarrassedly as he listened to Esca. The green handler had a point, that they should eat something before they started in on their drinking. Of course Devyn knew this. Why couldn't he seem to get anything right tonight? He sounded like he had absolutely no clue what he was talking about, and he hated sounding like that. Usually he was the calm, cool and collected type of guy. Never afraid to flirt, well, with a girl that was. He was a regular Casanova. Now he was all tongue tied, sounding like a complete lunatic. At least, that's how he sounded to himself anyway.

The blue eyed young man managed to push those thoughts to the back of his mind once again as Esca spoke about dinner. He smiled and said, "Well, it sounds delicious, and smells delicious as well, so I'm sure it will be.." With that he took a seat, glancing at the green handler for a moment before dishing the food onto his plate.

He took a bite as Esca spoke and he shrugged a bit as he swallowed. "Our patrols pretty much went the same. Nothing to report. Isamuyn was actually kind of disappointed that there was no action today.."

He took another bite of his food and couldn't help but smile. "Esca, this is amazing. You aren't a half bad cook.."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Esca had no clue under the sun that Devyn was feeling so awkward around him. He certainly didn't want the man to feel like he was failing at everything or saying all the wrong things. To him he was acting perfectly normal and sane, certainly not a lunatic. Esca also didn't realize how much his flirting threw the man for a loop. Granted he had never seen Devyn being his casanova self with the ladies, so he had no idea that his bumbling and blushing was against the norm for the chimerahandler.

"Our patrols pretty much went the same. Nothing to report. Isamuyn was actually kind of disappointed that there was no action today.."

"Well, that's good. Not that Isamuyn was disappointed, but I'd rather have a boring patrol than be attacked by felines." Esca stated quite seriously. He knew what it was like to be attacked by felines and be the only one survive. If he and Adianca could help protect others from a similar fate he was happy to do it, but still he would rather have a boring patrol. "We haven't seen or heard of as many of them as we once did. Maybe they're finally realizing that this is our territory now." He could only hope.

"Esca, this is amazing. You aren't a half bad cook.."

Esca beamed with pride. "Thank you. I appreciate that. I thought I'd try something a little different. Once we get done eating we can start hitting the booze. The first shot has to be to our new discovery." He stated with a smile as he continued to dig into his food. While he tried not to wolf down is dinner he was far more looking forward to drinking with his friend than he was eating.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:08 am

The blue eyed young man couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh I'm glad it was uneventful as well. Honestly, Isamuyn is as well, he is just..itching for something to happen at least once. He is starting to get a bit bored I think.." The chimera was just itching to do something out of the norm. Whether that be having something happen on patrols, or a run, or what have you, Isamuyn just wanted something different to happen. Devyn thought a moment and then said, "I don't know much about felines, just what I've hear. I have to agree though, I do not think I would want to tangle with them. I'm really glad that we haven't heard of them lately. Isamuyn may be ready for something to happen, but I'm not sure that I am really.."

Devyn eagerly took another bite of the food as Esca accepted his compliments. It was indeed very good. Ater he swallowed it he couldn't help but chuckle. "Of course our first shot is going to be to our breakthrough. There is nothing else I would rather have it to.." He smiled at the green handler again before the two of them went back to eating. After a few minutes, Devyn had his plate clean, and was debating seconds. He figured there would be time for that later, right now, he wanted a drink.

He smiled at Esca as he got up. "Do you want your whiskey? All I have is ale,so it's really only those two options.." He got the glasses that Esca had already gotten and poured himself some ale while he waited for his friend to decide what he wanted to drink.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:47 am

Esca shook his head and cringed as thoughts of how his travel to Atricis had been thoroughly ruined by the nasty furred beasts. "Trust me on this. You don't want to run into felines." He stated with a shake of his head. "Let us finish our meals and get a drink in our hands, then I'll tell you why I say this." He said as he saw the curiosity cross Devyn's handsome face. It had been long enough now that he was more comfortable talking about his run in with the felines and how he and Adianca had first come together.

It wasn't long before both of them had inhaled their food and licked the plates clean. He had to hand it to himself, this was a rather wonderful meal. Esca picked up both their dishes to clean the table and put them in the wash basin. "Yes, my whisky please. You are more than welcome to some of it as well. It's been awhile since I've let myself get drunk and getting drunk sounds absolutely wonderful." Esca said with an impish grin as he got them out clean glasses for their alcohol.

"So...our meals are finished and we have a good stiff drink, so I'll tell you how I came to New Atricis." Esca took a good long drink of his whisky before he moved towards Devyn's couch and sat down. "My plan was to head to Walled Hold to study their knowledge on the southern night sky. I'd traveled from Southern Boll down to the Southern Seahold, then was to travel by caravan to here. Well...almost at the end of our journey. The caravan was attacked by felines. A huge pack of them. There had to have been at least six. Obviously, there were guards and soldiers with us and they tried their damnedest to fend them off but..." A sad look crossed his face as he downed more of the whisky. "One moment I was trying to stay out of the way of those that could fight and the next I was being yelled at to run. So...I ran. Damn did I run. One of the felines came after me though. I managed to escape by jumping into a raging river. I thought I was going to drown, but all of a sudden there was this huge green thing int he river with me and soon I was pulled up on the bank. That green thing was Adianca. She'd saved me and well...the rest is history."
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Of course curiosity had come across the cimera handler's face. When someone tells you to "trust them" on something, you automatically wonder how they know that much about the subject. The young man felt a bit guilty that Esca could obviously see the curiosity, since he had said he would explain it when they were done. He didn't want the green handler to feel like he HAD to explain how he knew. He pushed that to the back of his mind, hoping Esca really didn't feel like that, and actually felt like talking about it. There was no sense in worrying about it now, he would just see what happened.

The food on their plates didn't last very long, especially since it had been so delicious. Blue eyes watched Esca as he began to clear the table, and for a moment he just stared and then quickly looked away. "You didn't have to do that..but thanks.." Esca got down the glasses and Devyn had some ale, and poured some whiskey into Esca's glass for him. He decided to let the dishes just sit in the wash basin for now. He could always do them tomorrow if need be.

He grabbed his glass and followed Esca over to the couch and sat down. Devyn took a sip of ale as Esca began his story. He frowned a bit as he listened, his brilliant blues eyes starring at him in shock. Wow, he had already been through so much, and he wasn't even that old. He finally managed to find some words. "What...Esca..that must have...I'm sorry. I'm glad Adianca was there to save you and bring you here.." He thought a moment. "If she hadn't, I wouldn't have found such a good friend..."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:33 am

"You didn't have to do that..but thanks.."

Esca gave him a smile and waved him off. "Don't mention it. I don't mind. I know we're pretty good friends, but that doesn't give me the right to leave your apartment a mess when I come over." He said with a wink. Truthfully, he generally tried to be neat and fastidious as far as dishes went. In his own apartment there were stacks of books here and there. That wasn't necessarily because he was messy, it was mainly because he had too many books compared to shelves. Maybe he had a hoarding problem....nah, knowledge could never be a problem.

"What...Esca..that must have...I'm sorry. I'm glad Adianca was there to save you and bring you here...If she hadn't, I wouldn't have found such a good friend..."

Esca finished the rest of his glass in silent memory to those that hadn't made it in the caravan. "Me too, if she wasn't there...well, I guess I'm happy to not know what would have happened without her." He poured himself a little more whisky into his glass and took only a small sip this time. After all, he wanted to be a little drunk not completely plastered. Once he put his glass down on the klah table he reached over and pat Devyn's leg. "Thanks. I'm glad you see me as that." Was there a small part of him that wished he saw him as not just a friend? Yes...but he wasn't going to press for that. He was just going to keep flirting with him a little here and a little there. Unless Devyn told him to stop, then he would. His friendship was more important.

He leaned back against the couch a little as he turned towards Devyn more. "Well, now you know how I became a handler. How about yourself? How'd you and Isamuyn come to be?" He asked curiously.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:28 am

Devyn scoffed a bit. "My apartment isn't exactly the neatest, but I appreciate it." He really did. While it was unnecessary, it would be a bit easier to clean up if Esca wanted to help. He didn't mind doing anything on his own, but what was that old saying? Oh yes, many hands make for light work. He was all for that, now that he had finally made a new friend since he had had his heart broken. After that had happened, he had forced himself to not rely on other people, told himself they couldn't help him, couldn't be trusted. Since he had met Esca though, that way of thinking was slowly becoming a thing of the past, and he honestly liked it that way. It felt good to have someone to talk to about things instead of just trying to deal with everything on his own. He knew he could manage, but it was rather nice to know he didn't have to be alone.

Devyn nodded a bit, "Yah, I can only imagine..." He finished his drink, and decided to wait a bit before he got some more. He liked to drink, maybe a little too much sometimes, but he also knew that tonight was about celebrating, not getting completely drunk. He felt the green handler's hand gently patting his leg and he just smiled a bit. "I'm glad to...I need some new friends. I haven't really made very many since I've been here. It's kind of sad actually.." Honestly it was, but he was also trying to keep the mood a bit lighter too. While Esca seemed ok talking about it, Devyn wondered if it was the best thing for them to be talking about on a day they were supposed to be celebrating.

Esca's question did not catch the chimera handler off guard. He had figured it would only be a matter of time before Esca asked, especially with the topic they were on now anyway. He got up and quickly poured a bit of whiskey into his glass before sitting back down. "Well, when my girlfriend left me for some other guy, I ended up going off into the woods. Now, I'd already been here a bit, but I had never really gone venturing out much. I managed to get myself lost, and was having a hard time trying to figure out my way back..." He paused a moment, "All of a sudden I heard something behind me, and I honestly thought it was a feline, and that I was done for. It turned out to be Isamuyn. He had been shunned from his pack because of his color, and had never thought he would find his bonded in the woods. The rest is...well, history I guess? We are both just glad to have each other.."

He smiled a bit. "Isamuyn won't say it, but I know he is glad that I made some new friends, even if he isn't completely trusting yet. I mean, he seems to trust you and Adi enough, so that's something I guess.."