Time For A Sit Down [Parker/Esca]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Kate

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:36 am

Talen looks at Esca, his green eyes studying him. He didn't want the red head to feel bad. How could he expect him to wait that long? Honestly, that's what he had been worried about though. He really did NOT blame him. Did it sting a bit? Yah, of course. Esca had been his first, and he should have known better than to allow himself to develop feelings for him, just because of that. He had never really thought about it earlier, but his feelings had become stronger after that night. Esca had been a bit more experienced, and had probably not had as much of a rush of feelings for him. He frowned a bit, "I know Esca. We...kind of hurt each other by getting caught that night.." He would just leave it at that. After all, they were both to blame. They had allowed themselves to do things that they weren't allowed to.

The young man picked up his water, taking a quick sip. Green eyes followed Esca as she red head came over and clapped him on the shoulder. He listened, smiling softly, but also blushing a bit. "I know...that's why I didn't ignore it. I mean, I would have if you told me you wanted a relationship. Both of you are quiet alike actually, telling me that both of you would be fine, and we'd still be friends, no matter what I decided." He was glad for that. Ever since Cas had told him how he felt, he had been dreading this, wondering if he would hurt anyone. It was a weight off his shoulders to know that he didn't. He gave him a soft smile and said, "Thanks Esca...you deserve the best too. I hope you find it..."

He looked at Esca as he heard the question, his green eyes starting to dance a bit. He took another drink before starting. "Well, he is...one of my best friends, more like my brother, and we've always been close. He is an amazing man, much like you. He's cute, and smart, and funny. I don't think you know him. He's just a journeyman Weaver, and came here to get away from life in the Hold...much like I did." He can't help but laugh as Esca asked how he told him.

"Well, I saw him in the dining hall, and then all of a sudden he was asking me to follow him outside, to a remote corner of the Weyr Yard. Then he started talking about how he had hid the feelings, and so on, but he didn't want to deny them anymore." A hand rubs the back of his neck. "Honestly, it was quiet a shock. I was not expecting it...at all.."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:09 pm

"I know...that's why I didn't ignore it. I mean, I would have if you told me you wanted a relationship. Both of you are quiet alike actually, telling me that both of you would be fine, and we'd still be friends, no matter what I decided."

Esca smiled, genuinely happy for his friend. "Well, it's not that I would hate a relationship with you. Honestly, if you'd wanted one I would have been loathe to say no, but what you have with your friend...it's better than what I could give you now, possibly ever." He certainly didn't want Talen to think that he wouldn't like to be with him. The greenhandler simply couldn't give Talen the deep and committed relationship that he wanted. "Thanks. I'm not looking for anything too serious right now, but I'm sure my perfect man is out there somewhere." Bright blue eyes came to mind for a moment. He and Devyn had become closer friends since their first evening of discussing their craft. While they were only friends, Esca certainly found the man attractive. Perhaps now that he knew himself and Talen were only friends he would maybe try and figure out if Devyn would like to maybe be more than just friends.

He took a sip of his whisky as he listened to Talen speak about his beau. He wasn't blind to the way the man's green eyes danced as he spoke about the man. Esca could tell that Talen cared for him back. "Can't say that I know any weavers at all, so no probably. I'd like to meet him though." He'd like to meet him regardless of him being Talen's future boyfriend.

"Honestly, it was quiet a shock. I was not expecting it...at all.."

"I can certainly imagine how shocking it was." Esca said with a chuckle as he took a sip of his drink again, loving the burn that came with it. "You didn't have any idea that he felt that way for you?" He asked curiously, wondering if maybe Talen had just been oblivious or if this man was simply that good at hiding things. Not that it really mattered, he was just curious and happy to be speaking with his friend again.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:56 am

Talen took a sip of his drink, and smiled softly as he listened to Esca. He ran a hand through his short dark hair. "I...I really don't know what we have. Technically, we have nothing because of Khonlen. I'm hoping that will change..but unfortunately you never know.." It was just like how he had thought he was going to end up with Esca, yet now he felt more attracted to Cas than he ever had before. Everything was just...confusing now, although he was certainly glad that Esca understood. Actually, everyone understood. Cas had been understanding of the fact that Talen might stay with Esca, Esca was understanding that Talen liked Cas. Talen felt as though a tremendous weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

He couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Esca was so much like him. The redhead believed that his true love was out there, as did Talen. Or well, at leasdt he had until Cassian had confessed his love to him. He had no doubt that Esca would find someone. He was a nice enough guy...actually..more than nice enough. Anyone would be lucky to have him. Talen knew that even though he was really only his friend, Esca had always been there for him, and the young man couldn't wait to see how Esca would be with someone he truly cared about.

Talen looked at Esca for a moment, shock written on his face, although it was quickly replaced with a smile. He couldn't be happier that Esca wanted to meet Cas. He was sure the two of them would get along. "I think I can arrange that at some point if you are sure that's what you want.." The young man did not want Esca to feel like he HAD to meet Cas just because he and Talen were friends. He highly doubted Esca felt that way, but he wanted to...cover his bases so to speak.

Talen raised his cup to his lips again as he pondered Esca's question. After a moment, he shook his head. "No..I didn't have any idea. He acutally is pretty good at hiding things..although usually not from me. This was..something different though. You know what it's like to have feelings for men, when you are holdbred. He was just trying to protect both of us. I buried my feelings for him, which he knew nothing about, and he did the same with his feelings for me. Or at least that's what I gather anyway.."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:29 pm

"I...I really don't know what we have. Technically, we have nothing because of Khonlen. I'm hoping that will change..but unfortunately you never know.."

Esca's blue eyes twinkled a little in amusement and happiness for his friend. "Talen, the man risked telling you his feelings. I'm sure that as soon as Khonlen turns 12 months, he'll be asking you to go steady. Granted, I could be wrong, but...I like to think I'm right." Honestly, Esca had no idea...but if this man cared for his friend since they were children...well, he'd read enough romance novels to hazard a guess of where their relationship would go. Plus, Talen deserved that sort of happiness and relationship.

"I think I can arrange that at some point if you are sure that's what you want.."

"Yes, I'm sure. If you approve of him, he has to be a stand up gentleman. Plus...maybe I want to big brother you a bit. Make sure you've got a man that will treat you right." Esca said, teasing him and poking him in the ribs. He really did want to meet Cassian, he wasn't lying about that. Besides, it wasn't as if he had too many friends...perhaps here was a chance to make another.

Esca nodded his head sadly. "Yes, I know all too well how holders treat those of us that like our own gender. I'm sorry you two had to hide your feelings from each other. It's sad enough when it's one sided feelings, but to know after the fact the feelings were mutual..." He whistled in appreciation of that tragedy. At least they had each other now...er at least they would once Talen graduated. "Really, man. I'm happy for you."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:10 am

Talen couldn't help but let a smile come across his face as he listened to his friend. For some reason, Esca's words were very reassuring, although somewhere in the back of his mind, there was still a slight, nagging doubt. Not that he doubted Cas. If the two of them had had feelings for each other this long, it was highly unlikely it would change. Although, it was just Talen's luck that it WOULD change, and probably for the worst. He quickly pushed those thoughts away. No, Esca was right. Cassian had already told him he would wait, and Talen needed to trust that he would. His friend had never given him any reason to not trust him. He finally managed to say, "Thanks. That helps.." He honestly meant it to.

He chuckled a bit and squirmed as Esca poked him in the ribs. "Cassian already used to big brother me, but now that he is the one trying to have a relationship with me, I guess I do kind of need a big brother figure.." He gave him a goofy kind of grin, "And honestly, there is no one else I'd rather have do it than you.." The red head had certainly become like a brother to him since he had met him. He was always there for him to talk to, and vice versa. It only made sense that Esca would want to make sure that Talen had found a decent man.

Talen frowned a bit. "The worst part is, I never would have known how he felt, or been able to tell him I felt the same, if he had never moved here. I guess it was fate...as much as I'm not sure I believe in it.." The young man found himself wondering what would have happened if Cas had never shown up here. Would he and Esca have started a relationship? Or would they have still drifted apart? Once again he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. He smiled a bit at Esca. "Thanks...I am happy...and I hope one day you find someone who makes you as happy as Cas makes me..."
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:29 am

"Cassian already used to big brother me, but now that he is the one trying to have a relationship with me, I guess I do kind of need a big brother figure.."

Esca laughed at that. "Doesn't everyone now and then? Good to have someone watching your back for you." He nodded. He knew that he had people who would watch his back, he wouldn't dream of not doing that for Talen. "If you care for this man, though, I'm sure he is trustworthy. But if he ever breaks your heart, you let me know." Esca said halfway joking and halfway serious. "Well, thank you. I promise to do you proud." He promised him.

"Can't say I've ever truly believed in such a thing either." Esca agreed with him. "However, it is quite the coincidence. Of all the placed he could have moved to...he came here. It'd be a little less something if he was a rider, but only being a crafter...." Even the logical Esca had to admit that it was odd. "The important thing is he did move here and he did tell you and now the two of you will get to start something beautiful." He truly meant that.

"Thanks...I am happy...and I hope one day you find someone who makes you as happy as Cas makes me..."

"Don't you worry about me. I know it'll happen one day, but I'm honestly not in a rush for it too." Esca said honestly he then looked out the window to see how dark it was getting. "I don't want to rush you out, but it's getting late and I know you have a curfew to keep. Faranth forbid Sheila catch you coming out of my apartment again." He said with a chuckle, but it was the truth. He didn't want to get Talen in trouble again. "Let me know when I can meet this man of yours, okay?" Esca walked Talen to the door and gave him a quick hug. "Have a good evening, my friend."

{fin}
Image Image Image Image