Moving In {Tag Kate/Open}

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Shiftergirl

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:45 am

She listened to him describe the north, she was a little surprised that the north was so much like the south, just a little different. Where her home was a little more lenient on coupling, woman with woman, or men with men, his home seemed to frown on that. Why keep love away from love, if they are happy why separate them. It didn't make sense, but the north was strange to her, she figured a lot of things of the south was strange to these people too, like how woman were higher status then men here instead of the other way around. Though she thought it strange, they set up couples for marriage.

"Why would two people who don't know each other, be put together, why not those that love each other?" She asked with something like a curious frown on her face. IT just wasn't right to her. When they reached the room she set the box down next to the rest of them and smiled when he tanked her.

"If you like, i can help you unbox. The cubs are having so much fun, i would hate to separate them, Anubli is....well he is so protective of me, even though he's so young." She said turning to look at the little red caretaker.

Anubli saw the smile on his brother Khonlen face and made a bark like noise that was filled with joy. He was so happy to be stretching his little feet and having fun at the same time. When his brother popped off with the remark about running forever, he hiccuped a giggle and lunged forward to tag his brother in the rump with his nose. He spun around and started off in another direction.

Of course we can't run forever, but then its always fun to chase and be chased, we can run until we are tired. He said barking out his laughter. You're turn to catch me Khonlen.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Kate

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:13 am

Talen would have liked the young daywherling even more than he did if he could have read her mind at that particular moment. He was glad to have met someone new, and hopefully consider them a friend by the end of this, but it would have been even better to know that she believed love was love, no matter if it was same gender or not. Granted, he thought the same way, obviously. He knew that people around here were more accepting of it, but sometimes that honestly didn't make him feel any better. Esca was really the only one that knew his preferences, and he planned to keep it that way. There were still people that came here from all different places, and he didn't plan on having them disgusted with him because he happened to prefer males.

He heard her question, and thought a moment before shrugging. "I really don't know. I never really saw the point in it. Sure you might end up being happy, but more likely than not you will end up just resenting your parents for doing it. I never had the chance to see if my parents were going to do it to me. I left before they could even have a chance. I guess, in hindsight, it was for the best."

As they reached the place Talen would be calling "home" for the next Turn, they both put down their boxes by the others, and Talen couldn't help but let his dark eyes wander, taking everything in. He heard her voice and smiled, but shook his head. "No thanks, it's alright. I'll get around to it eventually...I'm not really in any rush. "

He chuckled a bit. "I understand that. Khonlen is also protective, although only if he really thinks I'm in danger. At least that I've noticed so far.." His attention turned back to the cubs for a moment, just as the blood tagged Khonlen. The Quartz turned as quickly as he could and tore back off after his brother. I couldn't have said it better myself! Here I come again!

Talen took his eyes off of them and said, "So, how about we go get some klah and some lunch when they are done?"
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shiftergirl

Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:08 pm

"I really don't know. I never really saw the point in it. Sure you might end up being happy, but more likely than not you will end up just resenting your parents for doing it. I never had the chance to see if my parents were going to do it to me. I left before they could even have a chance. I guess, in hindsight, it was for the best."

She listened to him and watched his face. She saw he didn't want to end up like so many of the other couples in his northern home, and she didn't blame him. If she was placed in a arranged marriage, she would beat him half to death, just so she could get away from him every day. But, then she wasn't exactly weak either, was that why woman were so frowned on, her mind wondered over all the reasons why they did such a thing, and she listened to what he said. She smiled at him and watched the two wher.

"If there is something i have learned over these few years, we don't run from our fate or situations, we run into them. Look at you, in my time of being, though it be short, i have never seen such a handsome blue day wher, and you're fated to care for him. I have done the same in my home, i left to get away from something i didn't want to do for the rest of my life, now look, I've bonded to the caretaker Blood, and he is all mine. We were brought here for reasons that started out differently, but in the end, came out wonderful." She smiled at the lad, trying to encourage him. To be free of a world they didn't like, that was why they should be happy. She didn't lecture him, but shared what she thought, to help encourage. She hoped it did the best from where she was.

Once the boxes were put down and he let her know he would get to them later, she thought of her own boxes, no, later sounded nice. After all, the two young cubs were having so much fun. She watched as they tagged each other. Anubli tagged his brother and was off again. She looked at him when he suggested a cup of Klah and lunch.

"I would love to get something to eat, once these two are settled a little." She knew if they went to get anything at this time, the wher cubs would most likely tear off and someone would either get hurt or the cubs would get hurt.

Anubli barked when he seen his brother tear after him. He all but jumped with glee. The little wher cub was having so much fun, he felt like he could run forever. He looked at his handler and back to his brother,
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Kate

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:54 am

Talen could not stop himself from blushing as the new young blood dayling talked to him about having a beautiful new color cub. He had never expected to get one like Khonlen, one unheard of. Now, he was one of only two Quartz Handlers in the Weyr. Honestly, he didn't know if he liked being the different one, but he knew he would not trade Khonlen for anything. As she talked about fate, he nodded a bit in agreement. He wasn't completely sold on the whole fate thing....but he couldn't just call himself lucky. Sure, luck might have had something to do with him getting a Quartz, but he had a feeling there was something bigger at work than luck alone.

He was kind of shocked to find out that she to had left her home, although it sounded like it was to get away from something she didn't like, more than a more personal reason like Talen's. Sure he didn't like the thought of arranged marriages, but he had never really thought about it until AFTER he had left already. Either way, she knew how he felt, for the most part. She actually knew how he felt more than anyone else, and he found that comforting. Maybe after a while he could talk to her about the other reason he had left, but for now, he left it alone. He caught her smile, and gave her one back, "I feel the same way. I feel we will both be great dayhandlers. We sure have good enough cubs anyway.." Of course the last part was just a slight tease, since no one knew exactly how "good" their cubs were. Plus, everyone thought their cubs were the greatest anyway since everyone was always a little biased.

The dark haired young man smiled a bit once again as she agreed to getting lunch and a drink. He kept telling himself he was just trying to make friends, since his preferences weren't exactly for women. Well, sometimes they were, but he tended to feel a stronger attatchment to men, plus the fact that he was kind of waitin for graduation to be with Esca. Still, it never hurt to have more friends right? He chuckled and said, "Yes...I guess you're right, we should probably let them work out all their hi jinxes first.."

Just as those words left his mouth, the young Quartz tripped over himself and tumbled to the ground. For a moment Talne's heart was in his throat but Khonlen jumped up again as if nothing had happened before tearing off after his blood brother again. The young man shook his head, letting out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding, and a slight sigh of relief. "I wish he knew his limits, but he doesn't. I get so nervous for him. He's so young, and I just don't want anything bad to happen to him, ya know?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shiftergirl

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:31 am

Lareli couldn't help but notice the boy was blushing a little. She smiled and watched as he seemed to cheer up a little and she felt good she had done something right for once here in this weyr. Even though they were different, she did notice they had much to learn together, maybe they could be friends, after all it was never a bad thing to have friends. The shock in his face made her smile falter a little, she didn't want to hurt him, in any way, she just wanted to make someone happy. She may be thick headed at times, but she did care for others, even if others made her want to freak out.

"I feel the same way. I feel we will both be great dayhandlers. We sure have good enough cubs anyway.."

She heard the tease in his voice and smiled again at the boy. She knew what he meant, everyone would think their own wher was the best, or prightest, but they all had their own faults and strengths just like everyone else did. "You are right, we do have great cubs." She said giving him a wink, letting him know she caught his little tease.

"Yes...I guess you're right, we should probably let them work out all their hi jinxes first.."

She nodded to him and even stepped forward to get a better look at the pups that had started playing all over, she was rather worried when the little blue suddenly fell and her own throat closed for a second before air could go back through to reach her lungs. She sighed once the little blue got back up and turned to chase his brother again and she looked back at Talen and knew what he said.

"So young they are yes, they have much to learn on limits and what they should do. But they are cubs, falling will happen, just hope nothing breaks" She said starting with a tease in her voice and ending with worry. She herself didn't want her own cub to hurt himself. She would feel broken if anything happened to him.

ARE YOU OK!!! Anubli all but screamed, his own maw opened and he squawked at his brother out of worry. His butt hit the ground as he made a sudden stop and he looked back. Only to be jumping back up and running off again when he saw that his brother was fine and had gotten back up to chase again. Anubli still kept his eye on him, but his mind wondered to his bond, feeling her worry, not for his brother but for him.

Don't worry so mine, i will be careful He said trying to reassure her, as long as he could stay on his feet then she wouldn't worry so.

I just worry so about you my little one Lareli said to her bond through their link.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Kate

Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 am

Talen's green eyes danced with happiness as the young blood handler winked back at him. It made him feel good that she had caught on to what he was saying. He didn't need to scare her off by trying to tease her and over do it or something along those lines. He still did not have many friends here. He had Esca, and Mykel, and Naji. That was about it. He also had Cassian, but he didn't count him because they had been friends forever, and had just recently come back together when Cas moved to New Atricis. He had to admit though, she did not really seem like the type that would get scared off by a little bit of teasing. That he was thankful for. He wasn't usually a teasing kind of person except when the mood struck him.

His green eyes stayed sharp on Khonlen for a few moments after the Quartz took his spill. Even though they had only been together a few months, he still knew the young cub's gait, and watched it intently for any sign that he had hurt himself. After he was satisfied that the young daywher had not hurt himself, he allowed himself to finally let out his breath. One which he hadn't really known he'd been holding. He heard his new found friend and nodded a bit. "I know exactly how you feel. Thank goodness they are young and things don't seem to phase them too much...." The dark haired young man did not know what he would do if something happened to Khonlen. He honestly didn't even really want to think about it...at all.

The Quartz tore off after his brother, although he knew enough to be a bit careful before going back to fully playing. I'm alright...thank you brother. I was just really over eager to play. I can still play though.. With that he tore off after his brother once again, tapping him on the rump playfully before skidding to a stop and spinning on a dime, heading back off in a different direction.

After a few more minutes of tag, Khonlen was about at his limit, and didn't want to push himself after falling. Talen could not blame the young man, and had to give him credit for kind of knowing his limts. I'm too tired to continue my blood brother, but maybe we can do it again later. I had a lot of fun!

Talen turned to Lareli and said, "Looks like they might be done, so I don't know about you, but I am pretty hungry and could certainly use some food and a cup of klah.."
Shiftergirl

Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:41 pm

After the fall was over, she noticed the young dark haired boy was worried still. She knew that one of these days they may face danger, as the weyr itself was in a dangerous land. Filled with wild cats that would tear them apart if they got half a second. But she didn't bring that up, she didn't want to further scare the young man. As the south had had dragons for so long, they had found ways to make sure the cats had left them alone, but with the new weyr, anything could happen, including raids. She had heard of such, that raids had happened. At one point she heard of a murder in the weyr, and had heard rumors of riders being taken prisoner. What would they do when they got older, they were the day watchers. Like the nightwhers, but they would be watching for trouble from below with the dragons. Where the wher's of the night did so at night with no backup. She was curious about that and soon wondered out of the thoughts and back to herself.

"I know exactly how you feel. Thank goodness they are young and things don't seem to phase them too much...."

She chuckled and her dark hair bounced as she turned to look at the young man. "Much like young children when they play, they fall and get back up. Its definatly a sight to remember." She said agreeing with him. Young children and pups had one things in common she knew, they were ignorant of some things, and even falling phased them like a pinch on the arm, sudden but forgotten.

Anubli started to pant from all the running, he was growing tired with the play and his legs were beginning to tell him that it had been long enough for him to know that it was time to start resting. He looked at his brother when he tagged him and turned to chase back, as long as his brother was willing to play, so would he, he didn't want to lose his play time after all.

Yes i agree brother, it would be time to stop and rest for a moment. My legs are beginning to feel heavy. Anubli said barking at his brother and running up close to his brother to walk along side him as they slowed to a trot. He looked to his handler and stumbled for a moment as his legs were as he said heavy.

Lareli looked at Talan and nodded her agreement, it was about time they headed for some food or something. The young cubs would surely be hungry too. She could already feel that Anubli hadn't yet realized that the running was making him slightly hungry as well.

"I agree, lets go to the dinner and get something to eat for us all, and klah for us, will be good to warm us up after all the work and with this weather getting colder." She said letting Talan take the lead.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Kate

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:59 am

Talen continued to watch the young Quartz for a moment longer, wanting to make sure he didn't miss anything. Green eyes gazed intently, watching every little move the cub made. The young man didn't know WHY he was looking again. He had already studied him after he had fallen, and he seemed fine. He guessed he was just trying to reassure himself that Khonlen was indeed ok. He smiled as he heard the young woman speaking to him and just nodded. He didn't want to seem rude or anything, but for the moment that was all he could do to show that he had heard her and agreed with her.

He watched the pups rassel around for a bit longer. He loved watching Khonlen play. The young Quartz cub was always so energetic, and eager to play. He also loved all his siblings, and wanted to play with them every chance he got. Sometimes Talen would even have to remind him that he couldn't ALWAYS play with them, especially during their lessons. Sometimes Khonlen would become distracted, although he always seemed to be able to get his focus right back. Well, once Talen pointed out that he should be focusing on what they were learning. He always did it in a gentle way, knowing that Khonlen was young, and that he really couldn't focus. Sometimes though, it seemed he could focus just as well as Talen imagined any grown daywher could.

He smiled at Lareli and said, "KLah does sound good, and I could certainly use some food. I have been so busy with Khonlen since the Hatching that I rarely remember to make myself stop and eat.." He blushed a little at that. "Someone usually has to tell me to go eat, then I remember." He knew that was kind of stupid, he should be able to remember to eat on his own, but his first priority since the ahatching had been, and always would be, Khonlen.

When they arrived at the diining hall Talen could hear his stomach growling, and couldn't help but blush, hoping Loreli didn't notice. He quickly grabbed a cup of klah and a plate full of food and went and found a table for the two of them.
Shiftergirl

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:54 am

Lareli grinned at the young man before her. He was watching his own wher with a light in his eyes that she knew all to well. She herself looked at her own wher that way. Full of love and wonder. She was happy to know someone that could share in what she felt, for to long she had been alone or wondering and never really stopping to have a friend, just stopping long enough to know someone and leave. She'd grown used to those kind of relationships that it was different to stand here and see her own reflection in this young man. She wasn't sure what brought up her past, only that she knew that they both shared a bond, bond with a creature that made them both happy in a way that others couldn't imagine. Granted they may be riders or handlers, but no one could have the same kind of feeling's that others would have.

She looked at them all and smiled. Watching as the young cubs came to a stop with their play and she smiled even wider when Anubli walked in her direction, he little body rocking with each pant as he was so tired. He looked up at her and she reached down to stroke his ears and face. His eyes closed and he seemed to purr as she stroked his face and ears. He was beside himself with the attention for a moment before he seemed to come back to himself and blinked. He nipped at his handler and wondered back to his brother.

KLah does sound good, and I could certainly use some food. I have been so busy with Khonlen since the Hatching that I rarely remember to make myself stop and eat.." He blushed a little at that. "Someone usually has to tell me to go eat, then I remember."

"Don't worry, we'll get something to eat and neither of us will be hungry tonight." She said indicating she meant the cubs too. She followed the young man, he seemed to know is way around better, as they went to the dinning hall. She heard his belly growl and turned so he wouldn't see her grin. He own belly made little noises of hunger as well, she felt Anubli's hunger grow with each step as they smelled the aroma of different foods cooking. She grabbed a plate of roll's and meat for herself and another bowl of meat for Anubli, she saw where Talen went and set Anubli's bowl on the ground for him to easily get too before starting in on her own food.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Kate

Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:47 am

Talen's green eyes watched as the Quartz daywher came padding up to him, panting heavily, but looking proud and pleased with himself anyway. The young handler just shook his head a bit, chuckling softly to himself. No matter what, Khonlen always seemed to be competing against everyone, especially now he looked glad he had been able to keep up with his brother. The green eyed young man knew Khonlen was probably just trying to prove himself, seeing as how he was a rare color and the first of his find in New Atricis. Besides Weisden that was. The two of them were pretty much inseperable when they were together. He had tried to talk to Khonlen, letting him know that he didn't need to be so competitive. They were all cubs, and were all still learning. Some of them would excel at certain things, while others would not. It just depended on the cub, and every cub would have his place in the Weyr, no matter what.

He smiled a bit once they got their food and sat down. Khonlen nosed him, begging for the meat that he knew Talen had gotten him. The dark haired young man put the bowl on the floor, rubbing Khonlen's head a bit as he began to eat. When Lareli sat down, he gave her a smile. "So, now we're both all moved in. At least that is done now huh?" He took a bite of his roll and then a bite of meat, waiting for her answer.