Friends' Night In (Fawkesii|Roman)

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Linnea

Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:51 am

Xarria groaned in frustration and pounded the sofa cushions with her fists, sending Hopper screaching and scampering to a new resting spot. The young woman sat up and shook her head before slapping at her cheeks. For the past few weeks she had been feeling unusual. It was not bad, really, craving Locke's touch like this (any touch would be fine, really, but Locke was simply the most convenient), except for when he was spending the evening with Kent and Xarria was left to herself and her apartment where her body would not shut up and her mind would not shut up and she was going to go stir crazy if she remained in here for one more second. It did not help that all she could smell was animal even though the greenrider had likely been keeping her apartment cleaner than she ever had before.

Grabbing her walking stick and calling out for Ruby, Xarria slipped outside and to the Weyr Yard below. It helped to be walking and it helped to have a plan in mind to keep her mind occupied. On top of the cabin fever and the increase in her libido, Xarria had been suffering from an increase in appetite, too, and one that was not being canceled out by a growth spurt. The top and skirt she now wore were usually a bit looser around the chest and stomach and while Xarria didn't mind larger breasts – nor did Locke, she had learned – the stomach was another thing.

Upon reaching the dayhandler apartments, Xarria slipped inside and counted her steps to the door she knew best before throwing herself against it. “Roooomannnn!” she whined loud enough to be heard, knowing this was one of his days he did not remain in the infirmary until his healers kicked him out, “I'm booooooooored!”
Image x8
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:54 am

Ever since Xarria had come back into his life, he was reminded that work was not everything he had in life, that there were things still left to enjoy for himself. So, the Weyrhealer had committed to making sure that two nights a sevenday, he left the Infirmary early enough to enjoy a leisurely evening to himself. Most often, he never really had that time all alone, and either the greenrider had taken to occupying his nights, or there was a certain opalrider that he'd enjoyed a few dinners with since their meeting. Roman couldn't be sure what he felt for Maerwen, but he enjoyed her company and her cooking was phenomenal, so he never minded when she invited him over.

Tonight however, was one of those rare nights that Roman was quietly alone in his apartment and was intending to enjoy a relaxing glass or two of wine and take his violin out of it's case for a long over due tuning and tending the bow before he warmed the strings with a few melodies. The man's first love had been the violin, the harper craft born into his blood, but it was his passion and devotion to research and healing the sick that brought him to the Healer Hall. It was nice every now and then to travel back to his childhood, when things felt a little more innocent and care free, when the music flowed through him, and he didn't often get to enjoy his violin with his busy schedule.

Giocosoman was sprawled out on his nest of straw and leaves, tired from a long day tending to his rosy mate as she paraded around the Pack and he doted on Jezebel and showed his own pride at the clutch. At night, the rose wished to be with her bonded, leaving the blood free to be with his at last and the two toned beast rolled contently in his nest, eager to hear the songs that came to mind. I like when you play, you should more often. The day wher rumbled approvingly, laying his head on forepaws and looking at the man hopefully. Roman gave a soft chuckle as he applied the final strip of waxing to the bow string and rubbed it once or twice to make sure. "I hope I get more chances to..." The man said, smiling softly to himself just before setting the bowhairs against the string and fingered the first chord.

“Roooomannnn!” Thud “I'm booooooooored!”

The noise at first made the man jump, not expecting it at all, but the voice only made him chuckle once more, shaking his head at the same time. Of course Xarria would come tonight, it was just her style. "It's unlocked!" He called out, knowing full well that blind or not, the young woman knew his apartment probably better he did so she did not need guided into his apartment. 'Cosoman made a noise that sounded like a soft yelp, though the daywhers' tail began to thud happily against his nest, the two toned beast squirming in his nest as if trying to reach her but far too comfortable and lazy to get up especially since he was all the way across the room from the door. Instead, the blood wher crooned a little louder as if saying hello, even though he stayed in his nest. Roman's pair of blue firelizards were nestled into their hammocks in the corner of the room, and Fellis seemed to stay alert enough to watch them and gave a sleepy little chirrup at the familiar girl, but Numbweed hunkered further down and pretended to be asleep.

"I was just going to play a little bit on my violin..." The man explained to the young woman as she moved further into his apartment, following the sound of his voice toward the chairs around the hearth. "...but that can wait for a while. How are you Xarria?...other than bored of course." Roman asked, always seemingly concerned about her well being, as a healer and wanting to know as a friend and he knew she could hear the smile in his voice as broad lips spread a little wider at the sight of the greenrider. She'd grown so much and sometimes he thought he barely recognized her, but she was still the best friend he had in this place and they were getting to know each other all over again.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Linnea

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:04 pm

At the invitation, Xarria jumped to respond, opening the door and slipping inside with a large smile and a soft giggle. Knowing Roman kept the place in order for her ease of mobility, she set her walking stick aside just inside the door. Xarria knew the apartment nearly as well as her own by now and could count the steps to the sitting area near the heart where she heard roman's voice.

Her eyes flashed and smile grew at the thought of listening to Roman's violin, but her lips pursed in half-playful disappointment when the healer said it could wait. "Really really bored?" Xarria attempted when Roman asked how she was doing, slipping away from the direction of the hearth to 'Coso's nest, kneeling down just beside it and reaching out to pet and hug the blood daywher. "Hi 'Coso! How's the proud daddy doing?" She really wasn't sure what she was supposed to say, mostly because she doubted Roman wanted to hear that she was a little bit horny and very much hungry. That she was tired but felt like energy was still rushing through every fiber of her body whenever she tried to rest. Xarria did not understand it herself, so she doubted Roman would either, but she tried. "I feel like I need to keep doing something or I'm gonna go crazy. I was sitting in my apartment tonight and just had to get out."

With one last scratch to 'Coso, Xarria bid the wher goodbye and stood up, counting carefully paced steps to the hearth and reaching out to run her hand along the back of one of the chairs. "It smells like spices in here," she noticed, waiting to sit as she was not sure which chair was the empty one, "Did you oil 'Coso recently? It's kinda making me hungry..."
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:47 pm

'Cosoman glady accepted the pets and scratches from the blind girl, carefully nosing her hands and letting her feel where he was before he started to practically rub all over her as if trying to crawl into her lap. Unfortuantely, the young woman had to get up again and the two toned blood gave a huff but just laid where he was left, watching her walk away with woeful eyes she could not see. Roman chuckled slightly at his day wher, but quirked a brow at her words. He knew Xarria almost always had an over abundance of energy, but she had always had an outlet for it before, or the hard day of work usually drained her well enough that by the time they got to spend an evening together, she was content to relax. He quirked a brow at her comment, but thought nothing of it except that maybe she had a lighter day of work and not enough to use up all her energy yet.

"I did actually....and that makes you hungry?" Roman asked when she mentioned the smell of the oils, an herbs and spicy smell that seemed to infiltrate everything he owned now. "Dinner was only like a candle mark or two ago, and you're already hungry again?" The healer said with a chuckle as she neared, hovering over the back of the chairs until she heard his voice again and knew which one was empty. "I knew you could be a bottomless pit sometimes..." The man teased. "So if you're really that hungry, you know where the pantry is at, I've probably got some hard cheeses and dried fruit in there, help yourself." Roman said, glancing over the back of the chair and toward the little dining table and the storage room just beyond it. He was only teasing her, not really expecting her to take him up on the offer though, so perhaps he'd be in for a surprise if she did decide to turn tail for the pantry instead.

So far, she had not been acting particularly out of the ordinary, but Roman's healers' mind was already beginning to churn over the details, his keen eye looking over her whole frame whether he realized it or not. If she was feeling off, perhaps there was a reason for it and subconsciously all the pieces were coming to light in the littlest things, though he wouldn't know what it all meant just yet.

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
Linnea

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:01 am

"Don't tease me," Xarria pouted at the laughter in Roman's voice as she took a seat now that she knew which chair was open. "And don't tempt me, either," she whined at the offer of cheese and dried fruits. Dairy was a bit hit and miss with her right now, but dried fruit sounded delicious and her stomach growled and she threw her arms over it. "I thought it was maybe another growth spurt at first," she explained with a petulant harrumph, "but I'm not growing up! Just out!"
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:20 pm

"Another growth spurt?" He asked, the mans' voice sounding teasing and quite amused at the idea. "I'm pretty sure you're all done growing now Xarria." The healer added with a chuckle, but his keen eyes gave her another once over, noticing that indeed her stomach did seem to pudge out a little more than normal on her lithe frame. "Hmmm...So restlessness, gaining weight, insatiable appetite..." The man mused, the wheels in his head beginning to mull over the symptoms as he scrutinized the greenrider a little closer. "Sounds a little peculiar for you, but not by much...Anything else the matter?" Roman asked, concern growing in the pit of his stomach. He had an inkling what could be affecting Xarria, but he did not want to say anything until he knew a little bit more....Besides, he didn't really want to think about Xarria in that way anymore. She was just a friend, he did not need to know about her sexual life and activities.

Linnea

Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:49 am

"Maybe the thought of making you look up to me keeps me hoping," Xarria teased and stuck her tongue out at Roman's quip about her height. She was not expecting to grow anymore, either -- she had not grown an inch in the past few turns -- but the hunger and body aches she had been developing in her hips and feet especially had made her wonder.

It apparently made Roman wonder, too, and Xarria laughed at the unnecessary concern. "Roman, you're supposed to be on break from the infirmary tonight!" she cried out in between peals, reaching for his hand to press against her forehead. "I'm not sick, promise. No fever, see?" Even after releasing his hand and sitting back, she couldn't help but chuckle. Roman could be such a worrywart. Yes, it was a little odd, but not really odd enough to send him into healer mode. "Anyway," she attempted to change the subject with a lopsided grin, "You were gonna play some music?"
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:35 pm

The man had to chuckle at her own retort about her height. It was true that the girl just barely reached his own height and had she kept growing, she very well may have passed him up, causing him to physically look up to her. Thankfully though, the greenrider seemed to have stopped growing and reached her final height and Roman was still a hair taller than her.

Despite her attempts to soothe his healers' worries, for certainly he felt no fever against her forehead, but there was still something amiss about her that he couldn't help but notice. "Alright, alright...I'll stop for now." The Weyrhealer said, trying to reign in the worried, healer side of himself. He wanted to ask more pointed question, get to the bottom of it and find out if it really was what he was thinking it might be, but Xarria was quick to change the subject as she leaned back in her seat. He had been about to enjoy some workings on his violin for a bit, and perhaps the music would be enough to distract her for a while before he could get the root of the problem, why she was restless and gaining weight from her insatiable appetite.

"I was...Do you have any requests?" He asked as he picked up the violin again from his lap and gave the bowstring another quick inspection before placing the instrument against his shoulder and pinned it down with his chin. Hearing the greenriders' comment, the man smiled softly before he put the bow against the strings and gave it a few minor plucks to test the notes, before he moved into the first song. It was light and airy, like Xarria was when he met her, whimsical and adventurous. It was easy to see a forest give way to a magical clearing, a waterfall feeding into a crystal clear pool, and small little flitters frolicking to and fro as they danced in the air around them. At least, that's what Roman envisioned as he played, giving the music a bit more life and he hoped it worked it's way through the music as well.

Before the same came to an end though, the healers eyes opened once more, fluttering toward the greenrider and giving her another glance or two before he couldn't help but ask. "How's Locke doing? I know the two of you are close, but you've barely mentioned him to me." The man said, fading into the last few stanzas of the song. He knew they were more than close, for the wraithrider didn't seem the sort to just have a female friend that didn't involve some benefits. For Xarria's sake, he hoped that Locke was at least an honorable man enough to see this through to the end, if what Roman thought was happening, was true.

Linnea

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:15 am

“You always seem to pick the best songs to play,” Xarria said as she shook her head and let Roman choose the song. She was right in doing so, too, as the music was quick to whisk her away from the Weyr and out into the wilds. It reminded her of her childhood in the caravan and, even moreso, of exploring the South with Roman and Selhem. She remembered catching Hopper and her excitement over him – to the point where she was regularly being treated for scratches and bites while trying to cuddle or pet him before he had been properly acclimated to the new place and trained. A sudden pressure sprung up in her eyes at the memory, but she shook it off and focused on the music, instead. Why would a normal, happy memory make her want to cry? She frowned at the thought and rubbed her eyes.

She was still rubbing at her eyes when the question came and Xarria paused and blinked at its suddenness. “He's with Kent tonight,” she said matter-of-factly, having long since picked up the nickname from Locke. Only, without the barrier of her hands in place, the tears from before had nothing to hold them back and, instead, began slipping down her checks. “Eh?” Xarria asked in confusion as she went back to rubbing at her eyes, but now that the tears had started, they wouldn't stop.
Fawkes
Junior Admin

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 pm

The healer noticed the change in the young womans' features, the tightness that began to build and crinkle around her eyes. The next sign was the little twinkle in the corner of her eye as the first tear formed and Roman was ready to stop playing just then, but there seemed to be a smile on her face still, so perhaps it was from a good memory. However, after his question, the tears began to flow quite readily and the harper quickly lowered his instrument, moving to the greenriders side. "Xarria, it's okay..." He said re-actively as he set the violin down in his vacated seat and knelt beside her instead, reaching for the slim hand to give her a reassuring squeeze.

He wasn't entirely what it was that had set her off, the song, Locke, Kent, but it didn't really matter when there was a sobbing Xarria in front of him and Roman never liked seeing her cry. "Shhh....I'm sorry I asked...We don't have to talk about him." He started, wondering if it was Locke that had set her off, or even that Locke was with Kent more and more often now. However, there was something nagging at the back of the healers mind this whole time, the part of him that can't help but see the symptoms and diagnose what they all mean. The sudden mood swing, the hormonal imbalance that made her restless, hungry, and now suddenly crying without prompt.

The Weyrhealer couldn't ignore it anymore for the sake of his relationship with the greenrider. He didn't want to cross that boundary, to think about Xarria having sex with anyone, but all the signs were pointing to one thing, and there was only way of going about that. With the softest sigh, resigning himself to the fact and then steeled his nerves and put on his healers mask, his tone even becoming a little more formal with the young woman. "Xarria...I think...I think you might be pregnant." Roman started, watching her features for the reaction she couldn't hide. She likely hadn't thought about that particular situation before, so he give some time to sink in before he continued.

"You say you've been restless and anxious, have been gaining weight around the midsection, and your appetite has increased because you're eating for two now. These sudden mood swings could be the effect of an imbalance of your body as it prepares for a baby to grow...and I have a feeling that in only a matter of days, or sevendays, you'll start feeling rather ill in the mornings, if you haven't already." The healer explained as logically as he could for the greenrider, so she would understand the severity and try not to just brush it off like she normally would. "When was your last moonsblood?" He asked, rather frankly, like the crafter he is, but he was prepared to get to the root of the symptoms and prove it to Xarria so she could start taking the right steps, and he wanted to be there every step of the way to help as best he could.