Being There For You [Tag: Parker/Najden]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:53 am

Carefully, Inakil sat back and listened as Najden continued on about his childhood, painting a picture with words about his life in Bitra as the youngest boy out of several Lord Holder's children. From what Inakil knew of holds and Lords and how they often used their children to their benefit, Najden had essentially been treated like an unwanted daughter by his father. Mostly ignored unless he acted out, planned to be married off to someone that could garner his father some sort of favor or profit. Shards, some daughters of Lords had it better than that even from Inakil's limited knowledge about the inner workings of Holder families. What a charmed life Inakil had lead, especially when compared to all of what Naji laid out.

"Here's to a wonderful childhood."

He could hear the amount of sarcasm dripping from his words, and Inakil wasn't sure if he should drink to that or not. After a moment's pause though he downed what was left in his glass quickly and reached forward to set the glass down, refilling it a little just so Naji wouldn't try pressing more onto him for a bit. Afterward he really didn't know what to say. He couldn't say, "I understand," because he knew that he didn't. He could try to sympathize to the best of his ability, but even so none of this was ever anything he had experienced. Well, he had experienced a fairly absent father before Eloine had come around, but he's always had his mother and the creche to make up for it. His and Naji's childhoods were completely different, he could never hope to truly understand, as much as it pained him to admit that to himself.

"So all that... that's at least part of what led up to... everything you do now," he asked, though he wasn't sure why since it seemed like a stupid question the moment it left his tongue. He stared down into his partially filled glass.

"I could... I could sit here and say how sorry I am you had such a childhood and such a terrible father, but we both know that doesn't fix anything I imagine. Instead though... I'm going to say that your father isn't worth destroying yourself over. You deserve to be so much better to yourself. You also deserve to have someone be there for you, a stalwart companion... I want to be that person for you, I want to help you learn how to be better to yourself... Ah, if that makes any sense."

Shards he sounded stupid, he thought, almost burying his face into his drink before tilting some more alcohol into his throat to let it join the rest of the alcohol in his system and increase the buzz of it. Maybe with some more alcohol he wouldn't be so worried about how stupid he sounded and could more easily say what he was feeling or thinking.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:07 am

"So all that... that's at least part of what led up to... everything you do now,"

Naji nodded slowly as he took another drink from his glass. "It's probably more than just a part of it, but yeah...it is what it is. I've heard everyone deals with things differently. I guess I chose to deal with my....childhood...in a less than healthy way." He said with a sardonic chuckle for himself. Perhaps he was more prone to drinking, drugs, and depression. He certainly didn't know as he was no mindhealer. His closest brother, Jeri, was in the same position as he was though and as far as Naji could tell he didn't get through life with alcohol, drugs, and any thing else unhealthy.

"I could... I could sit here and say how sorry I am you had such a childhood and such a terrible father, but we both know that doesn't fix anything I imagine. Instead though... I'm going to say that your father isn't worth destroying yourself over. You deserve to be so much better to yourself. You also deserve to have someone be there for you, a stalwart companion... I want to be that person for you, I want to help you learn how to be better to yourself... Ah, if that makes any sense."

"No, it certainly wouldn't fix anything. My father will always be the way he's always been." Naji agreed as he sat his glass down and managed to look over at Inakil as he told him that he deserved to be better to himself and deserved to have someone be there for him. Hearing that Inakil wanted to be that person, a stalwart companion, it really touched him. He could feel his throat tighten as his eyes stung and threatened to water. He'd never had anyone say they wanted to be there for him and help him to be better to himself. Granted he'd never reached out for such help either. Naji couldn't speak for a moment as he didn't trust his voice. "You know I don't deserve your friendship, right?" He finally asked in a soft voice as he turned watery eyes to him. Thanks to the alcohol and the drugs he was more lovey than usual, so he pulled Inakil in for a tight hug. The thought that perhaps he should stop denying his feelings for the man crept into the back of his mind, but he didn't act on that thought right now.

"Alright..." Naji said with a deep sigh. "Since it is important to you...and since you're important to me...I will try to learn to be better to myself. As long as you help me." He gave his friend a small smile. The lordling had no idea how this was going to work or if it would even work, but he meant what he said. Inakil was important to him and the fact he wanted to help him...well, what did he have to lose?

{fin}
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Image Image Image Image Image
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash