Being There For You [Tag: Parker/Najden]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:19 am

Flowering Gems Egg
Copy the code below!

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://www.newatricis.com/images/Games/EggHunt2018/LargeBlossomGems.png[/img]
[b][size=150][color=#7ab748]F[/color][color=#97bd43]l[/color][color=#b4c23f]o[/color][color=#d1c83a]w[/color][color=#eecd35]e[/color][color=#f1bc4c]r[/color][color=#f5ab64]i[/color][color=#f8997b]n[/color][color=#fc8893]g[/color] [color=#fb8d8d]G[/color][color=#f7a270]e[/color][color=#f2b852]m[/color][color=#eecd35]s[/color] [color=#b4c23f]E[/color][color=#97bd43]g[/color][color=#7ab748]g[/color][/size][/b]
Sometimes the day that Inakil had gone to Micah about Celia seemed so far away, and other times it seemed like it had been yesterday. Celia had been removed from the Weyr, though her wher had been loathe to leave his Pack, he seemed less willing to break his bond with Celia, and so left with her to be relocated into a new Pack. It was a weight off Inakil's shoulders, when he had been informed of Celia's transfer out of the Weyr being completed. No longer did he feel he had to keep looking over his shoulder for her, or trying to avoid her, though he still had times and days where he couldn't help looking over his shoulder, or checking the locks on his doors several times. He still had anxieties brought on by what had happened, though he didn't know if these would be temporary or lifelong.

However, today wasn't about any of that, today, in fact, had been a better day for Inakil. With Dolcekil's clutch hatched, she helped with the unbonded cubs, but was able to make appearances at the creche during normal hours, much to the happiness of the children, many of them liking the chubby pink beast. Most of the day had been passed at the creche, watching over the yard the children played in to ensure the children were just as safe here as they were inside. When evening came though and his patrol was done, Inakil stopped in at the kitchens with Dolly and got a few things, before heading back to his cabin. It was several minutes after that that Dolly trotted out across the Yard closer to where she knew Naji's dwelling was and touched the male's mind.

Najden, Inakil needs you at his cabin. I am in the Yard to bring you quickly to him. She kept it vague what it was, but through her wording and the fact she spoke directly to Najden, it could have easily been taken as something serious. She waited outside the lower caverns, where Najden's dwelling was within, ready to carry the lordling across the Yard.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:58 am

Naji was sore from his day of helping in the stables. Mucking out stalls, rounding up the runners, putting down new hay, and filling the water and feed troughs had been more than enough to make his shoulders and back ache. Before the last few weeks he had enjoyed such manual labor, but considering he was beginning to feel that old familiar depression of not fitting in, he wasn't as fulfilled by the chores. There was one upside that he could think about though, Inakil was finally moving on from his ordeal. Naji had celebrated the day Celia was transferred out of New Atricis. The downside of thinking about Inakil was that it brought up things he didn't want to face yet.

There was one thing he could count on to make him feel great though....a hot bath, a glass of whisky, and a couple hits of his joy plant. That was exactly what he'd enjoyed after grabbing a bite to eat from the dining hall. After his bath he'd only bothered to put on a light pair of black linen pants and a loose white tunic. Since he didn't plan on going anywhere else he didn't bother with his bracelets. Naji was feeling rather nice and relaxed as he laid on his couch and read a book, a cigarette held loosely in his fingers and inhaled from on occasion. The last thing he expected this evening was to hear directly from Dolcekil, requesting him come out to the yard quickly so she could take him to Inakil.

"I'll be right there." Naji sent back to the rose, a bit of a panic in his voice as he dropped the book and put his cigarette in the tray. He donned his boots without socks on and grabbed his jacket, then he ran out to the yard. He couldn't help but think about all the horrible things that could have happened to his dear friend. "Alright, I'm here. Let's go." Naji said as he moved up to the rose and mounted onto her. He hadn't ridden on her often and only ever with Inakil, so this was odd...but being a capable rider on runners he did alright as she quickly got them back across the yard to the daywher apartments.

He was trying his best to keep his panic down as he moved up to Inakil's door after ungracefully dismounting and simply barged into his apartment. "Inakil? I'm here. What's wrong?" He asked as he moved up to where his friend was.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:53 am

Dolcekil trotted swiftly across the Yard, not going at a full run just to ensure Najden didn't fall, but her swift trot was quick enough, getting him to the cabin quickly enough, stopping just outside the doors to let him off. She watched him rush to the doors and throw them open before she trotted after him into the main room of the small cabin.

Inakil was standing at his small dining table when Najden entered and quickly asked what was wrong. What greeted Naji probably wasn't anything he expected. Inakil turned to his friend, a smile on his face before he held up a couple of bottles of alcohol he had bought and gently waved them toward Najden to make them more obvious.

"Surprise," he announced happily, seemingly pleased with himself despite having worried Najden in the process of getting him here for his little surprise.

"I thought it was about time to show my appreciation for you being there for me the past few months, and so I bought drinks for us." He sounded quite proud of himself for this, and hoped Najden would be up for it. He placed the bottles back onto the table where two glasses were waiting now too. There was also two pitchers of water on the table, just in case.

"Which would you like?"
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:56 pm

"Surprise,"

Naji could only look at his friend in confusion, his blue eyes darting from his face to the two bottles he held up. "What...?" He asked, noting the pleased look on Inakil's face. The lordling's heart was still beating fast and the feeling of dread was still constricting his throat.

"I thought it was about time to show my appreciation for you being there for me the past few months, and so I bought drinks for us."

A deep sigh of relief was given as he put a hand on Inakil's shoulder to steady himself. "Son of a bitch, it's a good thing you're so damn cute otherwise I might be irritated." Naji said teasingly. "I thought something was wrong. Had I known you'd bought me alcohol I would have been quicker." He gave his friend a devilish wink to let him know he was kidding. Humor was one of his many means of hiding his true feelings. The thought that something was wrong with Inakil had been more than panic inducing.

"Which would you like?"

"At the moment? All of it to calm my beating heart. Seriously though, surprise me. There isn't much I don't like as far as alcohol goes." Naji said as he took a seat on the couch and pulled off his boots. There was nothing more uncomfortable than wearing boots with no socks. "Hope you don't mind. You sort of caught me lazing about in my night wear and I didn't want to take the time to get properly dressed." He took off his jacket and tossed it over the arm of the couch, then took out his tin of smokes that he was happy he kept in there and lit himself one. By now he was close enough to Inakil to know he didn't care. "Thank you, though, really. You didn't have to do anything for me. I want to be there for you." Naji said with genuine feeling. He'd wanted to be there for Inakil and he would do it again if he had to.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:25 am

For a moment Inakil couldn't help but feel sheepish when Najden put a hand on his shoulder and expressed it being a good thing Inakil was cute or he might be irritated. He blushed slightly, but didn't make any comments on the statement, soon grinning again when Naji made his jest about coming sooner if he'd known there was alcohol, it an obvious joke. Soon Inakil poured them both a glass of brandy he had gotten, it had been pricey, but he didn't spend his marks on much, so this one thing wasn't so bad.

"I know, but I still want to do something to show I appreciate you," Inakil answered with a smile as he handed off the glass to his friend, then raised his glass to Naji's in a toast.

"For all the support you've given me the past few months." And then he took his first drink of the liquor, though not downing the glass, knowing better than that after the first time he'd been drinking with Najden at the the hatching feast a while back. That seemed so far away now, but it was still a fun memory.
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:41 am

"I know, but I still want to do something to show I appreciate you,"

Naji gave the man a small, coy smile to his friend for his kind words. To know that he appreciated him was...well, he wasn't sure how to react to that as he'd never really felt appreciated before. After all, he'd only ever been a ruffian who cared more about finding the next pleasurable thing than helping others. Ever since he'd met Inakil though...he found that he could care for more than just pleasure. "Thank you. I...appreciate you too, Inakil."

"For all the support you've given me the past few months."

The offered glass was taken and held aloft until Inakil's toast was given. After the clink of glasses, Naji downed all of the brandy in his glass with an appreciative smack of his lips. "That is some good shit. Good job, Inakil. Mind if I have some more?" He asked as he held his glass out. "In fact, you should just bring those bottles over here and we can drink on the couch in a more relaxed fashion."
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:02 am

Najden was braver than he, then again, Najden was better at holding his liquor than he was, and Inakil knew that. He had already attempted to keep up with the other male, he knew better now, but at the request for more, Inakil nodded, perfectly fine to let Najden have as much of what he bought as he wanted. At the suggestion to bring the bottles over to the tea table near his seating area, Inakil nodded again.

"Good idea, let's get comfortable over on the couch," he said happily, handing one of the bottles to Najden to take to the sitting area, picking the other up himself, his glass in his other hand, and crossing over the main room, soon setting the bottle and his glass on the tea table. Dolcekil settled herself in her sleeping couch off to the side, and it was then Inakil remembered something.

"One moment," he told Naji after he set the stuff down, turning and going back to the front doors. He quickly made sure they were securely closed and locked, checking the lock once before returning to the sitting area. He new Naji and Dolcekil were here, but he rarely felt comfortable with his doors unlocked anymore.

"Oh, sorry," he said, quickly as he realized his pillow and blanket were still on the couch, picking them both up quickly and lumping them up into a bundle and placing them into one of his other chairs that were unoccupied. After that, he finally sat down on the couch, picking his glass up to drink some more of his first drink, making sure not to down it too quickly, but quickly enough so he wouldn't seem like such a slowpoke.
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Naji took the bottle and sat it down on the tea table in front of the couch. Despite the fright Inakil had given to him originally, he was looking forward to this evening now. He enjoyed spending time with his friend, probably more than he would care to admit to. Tonight he saw as a chance for them to move on from the depression, anger, and turmoil that had been the last few months. Granted it wasn't him that had been directly affected, but he'd been beside his friend the entire time. He watched as Inakil moved over to the door to make sure it was locked. Apparently things wouldn't be exactly as they had been before he'd been attacked by that bitch. Naji understood. Somethings were simply too traumatizing for it not to affect a person permanently.

"No worries. Nothing like sleeping on couches." Naji said with a grin. "I do hope you've been sleeping okay, though." He picked up the bottle of brandy and poured himself some more. The cigarette was removed from his lips so he could take a healthy drink of the brandy. The hit of joy plant he'd had earlier at his place was still making him feel relaxed. "Seriously, you might not be a drinker but you know how to pick some good stuff." He finished that glass off and then picked up the other bottle and looked at it. "Let's try this one." He poured himself some of it and took a sip. "That's good shit too."

Naji leaned back on the couch and put his bare feet on the edge of the tea table, wiggling his toes a little. He took another inhale of his cigarette before making a contented noise. "This is wonderful. Good drink, good smoke, comfy couch, great company....I couldn't be happier." He stated with a crooked grin as he reached over and pat Inakil's knee. As he did so the sleeve of his tunic moved up, exposing the lower portion of his forearm and allowed some of the ends of his scars to show. One of them was a very freshly healed wound thanks to his recent bout with depression thanks to beginning to feel like he didn't belong.
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:40 am

Inakil gave a sort of noncommittal nod at the mention of sleeping ok. It was hit or miss really, but he didn't want to concern Najden. He'd felt like the center of a lot of their interactions lately, and he didn't want that to keep up now that it didn't have to. Soon though, thankfully, the conversation returned to the alcohol, Inakil chuckling at the compliment of being able to pick alcohol. He waved off the compliment.

"I kind of deferred to the vintners for their opinions," he admitted as he got a little more settled on the couch next to Najden and finished off his own first drink, leaning forward to pour himself some more of the brandy as well before leaning back again. He chuckled a bit at Naji's toe wiggling before smiling as Najden admitted to his contentedness right now.

"Good to know I made a good decision in offering you drinks," he chuckled, but a moment later, there was no way for Inakil to not take notice of the glimpse of a more recent scar, obviously more recent by the brighter pink coloring of the line of raised skin peeking out from the sleeve. Without thinking about it, Inakil reached forward and pushed Najden's sleeve back further to see it better, getting a better glimpse before Najden inevitably jerked away.

"Why did... When did that one happen," Inakil couldn't help but ask, his brows knitting together in concern that also touched his tone, looking at his fellow Northerner, hoping for an answer.
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:49 am

"I kind of deferred to the vintners for their opinions,"

"They are the experts. They're who you want to listen to and learn what is good from." Naji stated logically. He certainly wasn't going to hold it against him that he'd asked people their opinions on what he should nab. Everyone had to start somewhere when learning about good alcohol. He watched as Inakil leaned forward and got himself some more of the brandy. "Cheers." He said as he clinked his glass against Inakil's after he leaned back.

"Good to know I made a good decision in offering you drinks,"

Naji chuckled at that. "Does that mean your going to make offering me drinks a habit? I think I like the sound of that." He said with a wide grin and a wink for his friend. It was slightly flirty of him, he realized, but that was simply who he was. Then, before he could stop him, Inakil pushed up the sleeve of his tunic and revealed even more of the scars there. Thanks to the alcohol and drugs, he wasn't so fast to jerk his arm away, but he did slowly pull his arm away and pulled the tunic back down as he cleared his throat.

"Why did... When did that one happen,"

Naji finished off his glass. He most certainly would feel it after that, but he didn't care. The half-burnt cigarette was inhaled from again as he thought about how he was going to answer that question in a way that might make Inakil leave well enough alone. Unfortunately he couldn't think of anything he could say that would work. He could say not to worry about it, but obviously he was worried. He was sure if he tried to lie he'd call him out on it. He really wasn't sure what to say at this point. "You mean to ask, why did I give myself that one?" Naji finally stated, calling him out on what he really wanted to ask. "It doesn't matter, so don't worry about it. Let's just drink and enjoy." He refilled his glass again.
Image Image Image Image