Reporting the Crime [Tag Parker/Micah/Naji]

While a similar idea to the dragonrider apartments, the Dayhandler cabins are individual homes that are overall smaller than the apartment buildings, with size assigned by rank and needs, woth all cabins allowing Daywhers to come inside. Day wherlings move into these cabins after bonding.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Sevendays had passed since Inakil had broken down and told Najden about what had happened during Dolly's last Run. Despite his friend's urging and encouragements, Inakil hadn't gone to Micah in that time, either making excuses when pressed or merely just putting it off because of his own fear. There was so much to keep him from going to his superior about what happened. The first was having to remember and admit it all over again so he could tell the story of what happened. It had been hard enough telling Najden the story, and while it had helped to have an ally beyond Dolcekil, he still wasn't keen on having to tell anyone else. Then there was the fact he didn't know how Micah would react. He was still worried he wouldn't be believed, or that his traumatic experience would be dismissed and another person would have to know for no reason. And if Micah did believe him and took this as seriously as it felt, what would happen? Would Celia be punished and how? Would Inakil have to keep seeing her day after day and told to just suck it up and get over it? There was so much to think about, so much that could or couldn't happen. And at least with keeping it to himself he was able to control who knew and what happened, and he desired having some form of control over this, even if that control turned out to be false.

It was around three sevendays after Inakil had told Najden about it, that his friend approached him about it again, revealing he had talked to I'li, Inakil's father, about this. Though Najden meant well, and expressed that and his concern and Inakil's need to tell Micah, Inakil could only feel angry at first. He yelled at Najden for going to his father and bringing him into this, now expecting to be dismissed by his father or looked down upon by the man. After all, I'li was a strong, masculine bronzerider, he couldn't understand this, he probably viewed it how everyone else did. How could Najden bring someone else into this?

Only a few days later, I'li in fact came to see Inakil, and they talked. Inakil couldn't look the large man in the eye once, averting his gaze toward the floor most often. Sometimes he could hear how I'li did struggle a bit to truly understand, but was making an effort. He wasn't dismissing him, he wasn't ridiculing him for what happened, he just listened, and tried to convince Inakil that he needed to go to Micah. No matter what, ignoring the arm bands was a crime, and I'li trusted that Inakil had been wearing it and she had removed it on purpose, showing she knew it was there and had chosen to disregard it, not thinking Inakil would report it. It helped Inakil to realize what Najden was trying to do by bringing I'li into the loop, and it also helped him to realize a bit more that Celia got her way by him not reporting it.

After the discussion with his father, Inakil found Naji and apologized for getting angry at him. Then Jezebel's Run occurred not long after that. It had been about a month by now since Najden had been told what had happened, and it was still too soon for Inakil. No, it wasn't Dolcekil Running, but still the similarities hit too close for him right now, making him remember what happened and putting him on edge. He saw a flash of a familiar male Chasing Jezebel off into the distance. He froze, dropping the paddle he was using to spread the oil across Dolcekil's egg heavy belly to move out of the pavilion they had been using. Instead of going straight into his cabin as planned, he had to go see... had to check... If Mykel locked his door, Inakil wanted to make sure the other rosehandler actually locked it, but when he saw the cabin of the other rosehandler, the door was obviously open. Still, it didn't set him at ease, especially not when he saw her. He saw Celia, walking into Mykel's apartment along with a few others. His throat clenched and panic began to settle in his stomach before he turned and rushed back into his cabing.

As soon as Inakil arrived at the door, he saw Najden already there looking for him. Quickly, Inakil ushered him into the cabin, slamming the doors closed and frantically locking them. He breathed heavily and quickly as Dolcekil settled herself outside of the apartment doors. As soon as he was calm enough to speak, Inakil spun around to face Najden.

“I saw her... I couldn't help but take a peek to see if Mykel was locking his door... and I saw her... She just walked right in with the others like nothing was wrong... like she hadn't... like she wasn't a...” He could say the words though, Inakil still had a hard time actually outright saying it, as if each time he said what it was it cemented it further and he couldn't try to keep denying it sometimes.

“How can she just... go about it like everything is normal? Like she hadn't done what she did to me...?” He wasn't really looking for an answer, just voicing his confusion and his feelings on the matter of seeing Celia participating in another Run. “Shards... and... no on even knows...” That perhaps made his stomach twist the worst, so much that he almost felt ill again. No one knew what she had done, no one knew she was dangerous in such a way. They welcomed her into their apartments not knowing what she was capable of doing. That made Inakil break finally. Finally, for the first time in a long time, Inakil couldn't stop himself from breaking down, slowly slumping down to the floor as he breathed swiftly in a panic, before the first sobs broke through and the tears soaked his cheeks.

It took another sevenday and some days after the Run before Inakil finally went to Micah. He couldn't keep this to himself anymore, as much as he wanted to. It needed to be known what Celia had done and could do to others. He had Dolcekil tell Zenucah to pass along to Micah he needed to talk to him. They worked out a time through their day whers, and Inakil went to find Najden to tell him.

“I have a meeting with Micah today... I'm going to tell him... Will you come with me?” He had already asked Najden to come with him when he had decided, but that had been over a month ago now, he could have changed his mind out of frustration for Inakil dragging his feet about this. So he asked him again, giving the other male the chance to tell him no and do it by himself. He hoped he wouldn't have to do this alone though.

Later, Inakil was at Micah's cabin at the scheduled time, and after a moment to steel his nerves, he knocked on the door of the large cabin that was the Dayhandler Leader's cabin, and waited with his stomach knotting nervously for the dayhandler leader to answer. He felt his stomach knot up further when Micah answered his door and ushered them inside, and with a deep breath, Inakil stepped inside with Najden by his side, taking a place to sit wherever Micah suggested they perform this meeting.

(fuzzy timed to shortly before Dolcekil's clutching)
Image x4
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:10 am

Najden wasn't a good man and he didn't always own up to the things he did, but after speaking with I'li he felt it necessary to tell Inakil what he had done. He knew full well that his friend was going to be very angry with him for what he did. Honestly, Naji couldn't blame him. If someone had ever gone to his father about something so personal....well, he'd probably would have punched whoever had talked. Therefore, he was very happy when Inakil only yelled at him. He took the anger in stride as he was hopeful that his plan would work and not backfire. It was a bit later before his friend was coming to him to apologize for getting angry. Naji would never admit, but knowing that Inakil had been angry with him had not been a pleasant feeling and he swore that if he could avoid it he would never have his best friend angry with him again.

Even with his father's support, Naji knew that Inakil was still dragging his feet. While it upset him, he didn't press him further. After all, he'd gone to his father what else could he do? So he went into full guardian mode and continued to be as much support for Inakil as possible. Therefore, when he became aware that one of the other Rose's was running he immediately went to Inakil's apartment to see how he was doing. He was rather nervous at first considering the fact that Inakil wasn't there. He began pacing in front of his door until finally he appeared and then dragged him into his room with him.

“I saw her... I couldn't help but take a peek to see if Mykel was locking his door... and I saw her... She just walked right in with the others like nothing was wrong... like she hadn't... like she wasn't a...”

Naji wasn't surprised by Inakil's actions, ushering him into his room and then looked at Inakil as he finally turned to speak to him. "Inakil, what do you think she's going to do? If she's willing to assault you when you obviously don't want the attention, then she is obviously going to join in on runs that are open." Naji placed a hand on Inakil's arm for comfort. "She's a bitch, an awful human being, I am not surprised by this." He went on to say. Naji's face fell into something that was completely sympathetic. "No, they don't. But they could, Inakil. You just have to talk to Micah." Naji encourage him before he broke down. Naji was then far more concerned with Inakil's feelings than anything else. He gave his friend all the love and support he could as he sobbed and allowed his feelings to be shown. Naji wasn't about to leave Inakil now and stayed with him as long as he wanted him to.
It was several more days before he had any indication that Inakil was actually going to speak to Micah. When Inakil came to him and told him that he was going to go speak to Micah and that he wanted him to come with him, Naji was more than willing. "Yes, of course I will come with you. You don't have to ask twice." He said eagerly as he dropped what he was doing to go with Inakil even though the meeting wasn't until later. He spent the time with his friend, whom he still had feelings for he wasn't ready to admit to.

It wasn't long until they were walking to Micah's office. Naji kept his tongue, but he did give Inakil a few encouraging pats on the shoulder and back. It was only a moment before they were being called into the office. He gave a polite nod to Micah as he told them to sit as the liked. Naji didn't sit, he simply stood behind Inakil and to tried to blend into the background.

Micah smiled at both the young men that came into his office. He was a busy man, but he always wanted to make time for his handlers. "Inakil, ya know I always enjoy talkin' ta ya. Wha' ya need?" He asked with a pleasant smile on his face. He found it a bit odd that someone that wasn't a handler was there with Inakil, but he didn't question it.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:21 am

Somehow, Micah's welcoming demeanor was both encouraging and disheartening. Micah was always a welcoming man, and Inakil liked that about him, it made it easier to talk to the man, but how casual he was about this meeting also made it harder for Inakil to want to drop what he had planned to discuss here. Somehow he felt he was... letting Micah down coming here with something so serious, especially because he had been so tight lipped about it and suffering in silence for so long now. He couldn't turn back now, he didn't think Naji would let him at this point anyways, and he did hope, that if he did turn tail and run from this, Najden wouldn't let him get through the door. Or at least would herd him back.

"Wha' ya need?"

Inakil couldn't help the uncomfortable, nervous smile that crossed his lips before he looked down into his lap where his hands fidgeted together. He cleared his throat, trying to work up what he needed to say.

"I... I need to talk to you about... something." He cleared his throat again, nervous as he continued fidgeting, switching between tapping his fingers together and picking at little imperfections in the shape of his nails. He'd pulled off a good portion of one of his nails before he moved on to the next.

"A... a few months ago," he started, trying to work his way up to the real issue, "Back during Dolly's... Dolcekil's Run... ah..." he trailed off for a moment, still staring down at the hands in his lap and beginning to pick at another one of his nails nervously. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest and the way his limbs started to tremble. Something in him was trying to convince him to backpedal and extract himself from this meeting now, but he didn't listen to it. Unfortunately, it caused him to grow silent again, finding it truly difficult to usher up the words he needed to say.
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:10 am

Naji crossed his arms as he kept an eye on Inakil, just in case his friend would try and make a break for it. He wasn't going to let his friend back out now, not when he was finally here sitting in front of Micah who was willing to talk to him. He could almost feel how nervous Inakil was and he wished he could do something for him, but all he could do was be there for his support.

"I... I need to talk to you about... something."

Micah nodded, "O' course, lad, ya can talk ta me 'bout anythin'. Wha's on ya mind?" He asked, though he couldn't help but notice that Inakil was wringing his hands nervously. Apparently whatever it was he wanted to speak about was not going to be the easiest for him to say. "Take ya time, lad." Micah said in a soft voice.

"A... a few months ago," he started, trying to work his way up to the real issue, "Back during Dolly's... Dolcekil's Run... ah..."

Najden couldn't stand to see his friend so nervous, picking off his nails one by one, so he moved over beside and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. He didn't say anything, but he hoped he was feeling some encouragement from his touch. While he wished to say something to him to also encourage him, he didn't want to make Inakil feel too pressured either. If there came a moment when he believed that he needed to speak he would.

Micah noticed the way the other man, one whom he didn't really know but knew that he was friends with Inakil. The way the young man put a comforting hand on his handler's shoulder made him really think that something was young. "A'righ', Inakil. Wha's goin' on? I don' care wha' it is, ya can tell me." He told the young lad in a gentle voice.
Imagex2
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:46 pm

On some way, the hand on his shoulder, the weight of it, helped Inakil. It helped ground him to reality, to the here and now and remind him he had support. He had asked Najden to come with him for this very reason, hoping having his friend who had been understanding and supportive since he found out what had hapened would help make this easier. It didn't really make it easier, but it made it possible for Inakil to speak of this at all.

"A'righ', Inakil. Wha's goin' on? I don' care wha' it is, ya can tell me."

Despite the Leader's gentle tone, Inakil couldn't help the way he almost shied away, closing his eyes tightly almost as if hoping to banish this moment away with just his will. He knew that couldn't happen though, he had to do this... otherwise no one would know... He didn't want people to know what had happened to him, but he did want people to know what Celia was capable of. They deserved to be aware of what kind of person was creeping among them.

"Shards, this is so hard to say," he couldn't help but mutter, more to himself than the people around him.

A pain in his finger when one of his nails tore off too close to the nail bed made him open his eyes again, staring down at the pained finger for a moment. Somehow the pain he had just caused himself gave him the courage to speak further, that and he was running out of nails to pick at. He couldn't stall forever, even if this was physically difficult to speak about.

"During Dolcekil's last Run... Someone... they came into my cabin... and... and... I was wearing the armband... like I always do... And they... they took it off- the armband... and... and then they..." He couldn't find anymore words quickly after that, his throat closing up as his heart pounded loudly in his chest. All the while he hadn't been able to look up, and now he really couldn't bring himself to lift his head, in fact looking like he wanted nothing more than to curl in on himself and shut everything else out. He didn't want to be saying this all over again, he didn't want to be doing this, he didn't want to be in this position, having to admit that this had happened to him, that he had let this happen to him. He wished he could have just gotten over it and forgotten it had ever happened... but... he couldn't... and he needed to report this... people needed to know.
Image x7
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:53 am

"Shards, this is so hard to say,"

Naji watched as his friend continued to pull at his nails until one of them began bleeding. He couldn't stand watching that any longer as there wasn't many nails left. A hand reached down and gently covered his hands to keep him from giving himself any more hang nails. He wasn't sure what Micah would say or think about him practically holding Inakil's hand, but he didn't care either. Micah remained silent and thoughtful as Inakil tried to speak to him about what it was that was bothering him.

"During Dolcekil's last Run... Someone... they came into my cabin... and... and... I was wearing the armband... like I always do... And they... they took it off- the armband... and... and then they..."

Micah was beyond shocked at what Inakil had to say. He figured it was going to be something that wasn't all that...wonderful, but that..."Shit..." Micah exclaimed out loud but in a mumbled tone. Eyes quickly looked to the other man that was with his handler. His blue eyes looked at the young man with questions. Naji, noticed the look and could only nod in the affirmative.

"Inakil...who was it?" Micah asked in a serious tone of voice. While he had no reason to not believe what Inakil was saying, it had been quite awhile ago. He wanted to know all of the details before he made any sort of judgement call on what to do.
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:48 am

Though it was merely mumbled, the exclaimed curse made Inakil flinch and curl inward a bit more, his head hanging lower and the hands Najden had reached to cover to keep him from pulling at his nails and unintentionally hurting himself flinched away as well, trying to retreat away from Najden's touch and closer to the center of his body as if trying to defend himself some some sort of oncoming attack he was apparently expecting.

"Inakil...who was it?"

That wasn't quite what Inakil had expected, but even so he didn't dare lift his gaze yet, keeping it and his head down, as if still prepared to guard himself against something terrible. At first he choked on the answer, the words at first dying in his throat and then being strangled by the feeling he might start sobbing about this yet again. He wouldn't though, he wouldn't break down in front of his Leader. He kept it down, and instead ushered up the answer to Micah's question.

"C... Celia... It was Celia..." Unfortunately, Inakil did have to raise a hand to his face to wipe his eyes that had become blurred with tears, dashing them away before they could fall, though he tried to make it look like he was just rubbing his face, even if no one would believe that was what he was doing.

"Celia's wher was in the Run... and she entered my cabin during the Run... I must've... I must've forgotten to lock the doors... and she just came in..." He took a shaky breath between words, before uttering a bit softer. "I was wearing my armband, and I told her to leave... Please believe me."
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Najden had taken the silent curse to be a good sign, that the leader believed Inakil and realized how serious the situation was. Though, Inakil had retreated in on himself, Naji continued to keep a hand on his shoulder in silent support. His blue eyes watched Micah closely, trying to read what the man was thinking or feeling.

"C... Celia... It was Celia..."

Micah looked down at his hands for a moment, obviously in thought as he tried to digest this information and what steps he should next take. This was certainly something for him to handle since it had to do with his handlers. Removing a person's armband was illegal, not to mention highly immoral. Micah wore one himself whenever he was sure that there was a going to be a run. He always spent that time with his wife and seriously doubted that his armband was needed, but it was there just in case.

"Celia's wher was in the Run... and she entered my cabin during the Run... I must've... I must've forgotten to lock the doors... and she just came in...I was wearing my armband, and I told her to leave... Please believe me."

"O' course, I believe ya lad. Out o' all m' handlers ya pro'ly one o' the best." Micah assured him, astounded that he would even think that he wouldn't believe him. True there were people out there that would spin such a tale all for the sake of getting someone seriously in trouble, but Inakil was not one of those people. If he was then Micah had severely read him wrong and he doubted that was the case. "First thin's first though. Zen 'n I are goin' ta 'ave a li'l talk with Celia and her wher. Ya two are more 'en welcome ta stay here, o' I can bring her here ta talk 'n front o' ya, o' ya can leave for a bit 'n I'll have Zen call Dolcekil after I'm done with her." The way he said 'done with her' was enough to make Naji smirk a little and be even more hopeful that Micah was going to do to this woman what she deserved.

"You want to leave for a bit, Inakil?" Naji asked him in a soft voice. He sincerely doubted that Inakil would want to stay and see her again.
Imagex1
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:52 am

When Micah responded, reassuring that Micah trusted him, even calling him one of his best handlers, Inakil had to choke back a sob of relief. After a moment of holding his breath to ensure he didn't break down from the moment of relief, he released a heavy, slightly shaky sigh of his held breath, just as Micah continued to explain he was going to go talk to Celia about this next. Inakil nodded, having partially expected this, even if it set him on edge. Of course Micah would have to talk to her though, even if it injected a bit of fear into him to know that Celia would know he told.

"You want to leave for a bit, Inakil?"

Naji suggested, though in the form of a question. Inakil looked and nodded to his friend, thankful for the option. He didn't want to go see Celia, and he didn't want to be around when Micah talked to her. He just... he wasn't ready for that. Even if he would eventually have to face her, if this was brought to a trial, he didn't have to see her now, and so he wasn't going to. He cleared his throat, nodding again and looking back at Micah.

"Th-thank you, Leader Micah," he said before he stood up. "I'll come back when you're done talking to her." Here, he turned to Naji, giving him another nod. He wasn't sure what he was going to do while he waited, but it was better than facing Celia about this right now. He just hoped Naji would stay with him for now.
Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:22 pm

"Th-thank you, Leader Micah," he said before he stood up. "I'll come back when you're done talking to her."

Micah nodded his head. He figured the lad wouldn't want to stick around for the conversation and honestly he'd prefer to talk to her himself. "O' course, lad. Remember, ya can always come talk ta me 'bout anythin'. I'll 'ave Zen git ya when I'm ready." He'd prefer if such severe crimes weren't reported so late, but he wasn't going to reprimand him for that now.

Naji stood back a bit as Inakil got to his feet and allowed him to go ahead of him out of the room. "Thank you, sir." Naji said to Micah as he reached out to give the man a firm handshake. The dayhandler leader shook his hand back and nodded. Once they were out of his office he said, "Don't worry, pet. I'm not leaving your side. Come on. Let's go get a drink and a bite to eat while we wait." Naji assured him as he led the way to the dining hall.
Almost two hours later...

Inakil, Micah is ready for you to return and speak with him. He is alone in his office now. The terse voice of Zenucah spoke directly to Inakil, but allowed Naji to hear him as well. Micah figured that the young lordling would likely still be with the rose handler and since he seemed to be rather protective decided it was best to include him. Honestly, he figured that the lad would come with Inakil whether he was told he could it not and Micah wanted him to have all the support he needed.

Naji looked up at Inakil when the voice reached them. "Well, shall we go hear what he has to say?" He asked before he downed the rest of his cup of klah and then stood to his feet.
Image Image Image Image