Keeping Close To Caution ~ Tag ~ LdyPayne / Lerina

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:50 am

As Weyrleader, there were certain things that L'van was able to do, and oft en had to in order to see to the health and well being of the Wings. One of those things he'd had to do in the past, and was in the process of tending to now, was reshuffling some of the Wings and their members, if only to keep things balanced at all levels of flights.

Of course, he was usually careful about placing certain people in Wings together, for obvious reasons. Sometimes it couldn't be helped, and more often than not there weren't issues. Lately for him, it was become more difficult to hold back from doing this due to the fact that more of his family were transferring to New Atricis. Good for him, he adored the fact, but considering he didn't want there to b e complications among any of them...

Which is why he was upset with himself the next day when he realized he'd shuffled one of his son's into the same Wing as one of his daughters, and only come to realize it when he'd checked the order of things after branding it all official and sending out notices the day before. It was too late by then to do anything about it, except he could give one of them a head's up, and he intended to do exactly that.

Zen... The bronze was asleep still, as he usually was between morning and midday, curled up as he was with Soquilith. I need you to speak with Issormoth. See if his rider is awake and if she is, ask her to meet me in my office. He thought of something else and then added, See if she's eaten today yet, if you would. They hadn't spent much time together as of late. If she hadn't eaten yet, he'd order some things from the kitchens, and if she was amiable after their talk, maybe they could catch up over a brunch together.

The bronze, for his part, didn't speak to Issormoth as his rider asked. Apparently L'van had forgotten about his habit of speaking to Lerina directly. After yawning and snuggling in close to his mate, the dragon gently touched the mind of the young woman without letting his rider hear. L'van would like you to meet him in his office if you're awake enough on this Rest Day, and if you haven't had a meal yet, if you could let me know so he can order something up for you two.
LdyPayne

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:22 am

When one had a hungry furflit around it was hard to sleep in on one's Freeday. Evana was definitey being fussy this morning and she didn't just want a bowl of food laid out for her, she wanted to be hand fed. Lerina knew she could just leave the bowl and try and go back to sleep but that would mean Evana would pester her and cause mischief till she had her way. Lerina couldn't trust her not to wreck something if left to her own devices.

Lerina had to admit lately Evana had been more troublesome than usual enough that Lerina wondered if she was pregnant. Unfortunately she couldn't recall if Evana had managed to find herself a mate, most times she was either with Lerina or given free reign of most of her apartment. Lerina kept one closet closed as this was where she kept her gemlizards when she wasn't there to make sure they didn't become a snack for her furflit. Fortunately she was less worried about that happening now than she had in the past, at least up till Evana started acting up again.

"Here you little morning terror," Lerina told her as she handed her another piece of meat. There were only a few more pieces left in Evana's bowl then she'll hopefully have some peace. Ghost and Spirit, her gemlizards would need to be fed by now then Lerina planned to get herself cleaned up and head down for breakfast. After that she didn't know her plans for the rest of the day, maybe go on a trip somewhere new for a change of scenery.

Just as she as finishing feeding her gemlizards and making sure all her pets were content Lerina heard Zenjarth's voice in her head. Smiling as she always did when she heard the bronze speak to her Lerina only smiled more when she was told of her father's request.

I will love to meet with father and have a meal with him, let him know I'll be there shortly, Lerina thought back, confident Zenjarth was 'listening' for her thoughts to hear her response. She could of course ask Issormoth to relay her reply but with Zenjarth she didn't feel a need. He was one dragon she knew would listen and speak with her directly.

Washing up quickly Lerina put on a nice summer dress that was both modest and attractive on her. It may be just her father she was seeing but she saw no reason to go visit in work clothes. Besides, it was a beautiful day and the walk to her father's office will be pleasant. Perhaps after they eat they could enjoy a walk together if he wasn't too busy. Lerina reminded herself he was Weyrleader again and would have plenty of demands upon his time so she would be quite content with just a meal with him in his office.

Once she arrived at his office Lerina gave a knock out of politeness then made her way inside. "Good morning father, enjoying being Weyrleader once again?"

@Ember /L'van
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:05 am

He was waiting for the meal to arrive when she arrived, and a smile lit up his face. Things hadn't always been great between them, which was another reason why he was worried about this situation he'd found himself in with the Wing placement. It was an embarrassing situation for him, one that he couldn't take away, and he only hoped that she would understand once he explained it to her.

"Good morning to you." He was quick to set aside the paperwork he'd been working on while waiting for her arrival, and set the stack underneath a weight to keep it from blowing away. "It's settling in well again, I think. Though Issormoth, from what I hear, put in a good show of it. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up giving us another female Weyrleader one of these Turns." There was a look of pride on his face at the very thought, letting her know he was actually anticipating something like that taking place.

He nodded towards the seat across from him, and went to pour them both mugs of klah from the brazier in the corner. "The food should be here shortly." He set the mugs on the desk and was about to suggest they start to chat about what he needed to when there was another knock on the door, announcing the food had arrived, a lot sooner than he'd anticipated.

With a chuckle he winked at her and started to move away from the desk. "Just one of the perks you'll face when you're in this spot yourself, my dear. Food is never far behind when you call for it." He went to open the door and allowed them in to settle things where he instructed.
LdyPayne

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm

"He certainly gave it his best shot," Lerina agreed. When she saw the pride on his face at the thought she may end up Weyrleader Lerina gave him a warm smile. It was good to know she'll have his support should Issormoth manage to catch the senior gold.

"I would really like that to happen some day. Maybe it's in my blood but being Weyrleader is a position I will definitely something I would want." Lerina took the offered seat and watched as her father poured Klah for them both. "I hope Zenjarth feels the same way as you do Father, I would hate for him to be upset with Issormoth, assuming they both chase together again."

She didn't have a chance to say more as a knock sounded. While her father went to answer the door she fixed her klah the way she liked it and took a sip. The smell of fresh brewed klah was soon overpowered by breakfast as it was laid out on the table for them. Definitely a great perk to have as Weyrleader and not the only one she knew would be available once she achieved such position. In the meantime she knew she would need to try her hand in other positions once she felt she had the necessary experience.

"It smells delicious," she said once the servers left. "I didn't realize just how hungry I was till now."