Hello Again [tag Tyriani/Sul'tek]

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Berry
Pronouns: She/Her

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 pm

T'brek had been given a day or so to acclimate to his new home. He'd spent it walking around the halls, memorizing the easiest way to get to the dinning cavern, and weyryard. There was meeting his new wingmates as well. They seemed like a nice component group. Far more accepting than his last wing at the very least but that was the charm of being at Atricis. He and Requieth were the norm not the outliers.

With all his exploration and unpacking now done it was time to hunt down his brother. Sul'tek was around somewhere and T'brek wasn't not going to go harass him and see how he was doing. The only issue was finding the brownriders weyr. The apartments followed similar logic to Igen but that didn't mean he could find a certain one right off the bat.

Requieth had offered to give him a ride right to Basarolth's ledge, but T'brek had declined. That was to easy. He could do this on his own. He squinted at the door in front of him a door he assumed lead to his brothers weyr. No time like the present to find out.

Lifting his arm, T'brek gave three sharp raps. "Sul'tek, are you in there?"
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 pm

Sul'tek was in the process of making sure that Basarolth was freshly oiled and bathed. The brown had enjoyed it, but his mind was elsewhere and it perked the silent curiosity of the rider. "What is it Basarolth?" The brown's mind seemed to snap back to Sul'tek then and he decided to tell him what he saw. Requieth and his are on their way. Oh, that meant that T'brek was done getting used to the Weyr then?

T'brek was Sul'tek's brother. There was no half-sibling with them, they shared the same mother and father, and it made them kind of close. Even though they weren't raised together, Sul'tek still made sure to stay close to his brother. The protective nature of his brother was defiantly there, and it transferred to Basarolth as well. T'brek declined being brought to my ridge. Wants to come to the door it seems like.

Sul'tek gave a small laugh at the brown's voice. He seemed to be slightly irritated that they had done that, perhaps it was because Basarolth seemed to like Requieth. "Well, invite Requieth up to your ridge Basarolth." He said as he put down the supplies he had as he walked to his door. He opened it, and there was the brotherly smile that he held for T'brek. "T'brek! How has the Weyr been treating you? Come on in, Basarolth would love to see you and Requieth." He helped enhance the question that Basarolth was currently asking the pewter dragon.

Requieth, come up. Don't want you to feel lonely out there. There is enough room on my ridge for us both. Sul'tek held back a physical laugh at his brown, but he felt the anger flash between them, which told him that Basarolth still knew he wanted to laugh.
Berry

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:26 pm

T'brek didn't have to wait long as he heard some movement on the other side of the door and suddenly it was open. Was he prepared for this? Kinda. It had been way to long since he'd seen his brother. As a general rule T'brek wasn't super close with most of his family. That was all due to his own stubbornness and clinging onto old childhood feelings that he was coming to realize didn't matter any more. Sul'tek was an exception, sort of. They were fully related by blood and had spent quite a bit of time together. That and the brownrider was just great at being friendly and comfortable to talk to. He was just magnetic.

T'brek didn't bother to smother the smile that bloomed across his face. "Sul'tek, good to see you." He moved through the doorway and took in his brother's weyr. It was nice and homey, it gave off a lived in feel. Unlike his own weyr at the moment but T'brek hoped it would become home in time. Good to see you as well Basarolth!" T'brek raised his hand to wave at the lounging brown. "Requieth should be here shortly."

He could feel the pewter getting up from from his weyr and gliding over. Sure enough not a moment later, his dragons bulk appeared on the edge of Basarolth's ridge.

Hello Basarolth, it's good to see you. T'brek was being stubborn as usual, I tried to get him to let me bring him. Requieth, folded his wings and shuffled around until he found a comfortable spot to sit.

T'brek turned his attention back to his brother, "Things have been going well enough. I'm not going to say I haven't gotten lost a few times in the unfamiliar hallways but it'll all sort itself out. The people are more friendly than I was expecting, that's the best part." He reflected on the series of events that brought him to Atricis. It had all been about who you knew and who was your family and he'd lost out on both of those. His own wingmates, whom he'd trusted, had turned cutthroat when it suited them.
Tyriani

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:59 pm

He wasn't one to make people wait at his door, let alone those related to him. So, as normal, he was quick to answer and allow T'brek into the weyr. He couldn't help but smile though at the sight of his brother. It was the one bond that he had had on Igen besides his father. That was the one bond he relied on until his daughter was born. "It is wonderful to see you brother." Sure, he could have called T'brek by his name, but where was the fun in that? Sul'tek did wonder how his brother's weyr was starting to look though, perhaps he needed to check on that.

The brown looked at T'brek and rumbled a humble greeting before moving over on the ledge to make room for his adopted brother. Requieth wasn't just a friend, no, Basarolth considered the pewter to be his brother, even if they weren't related. It came from being together for so many turns for the two riders, the brother bond seemed to grow onto Basa for the pewter. The brown looked at the pewter as he glided over, greens and blues in his eyes.

Hello Requieth. Make yourself comfortable and don't worry. I think that stubbornness runs in the family. I heard that. I know. Sul'tek couldn't help but hold back a head shake as the brown rumbled a laugh. "Oh don't worry, even being here for turns, you will still get lost. It happens." He walked over to the living area and motioned for his brother to come and sit. "Things change, but at least family can be relied on. Speaking of, when was the last time you talked to father?"

Sul'tek was slowly starting to get used to calling L'van father again, but only in private and to those who wouldn't think wrongly of it. He knew his limitations of who he could informally call L'van father.
Berry

Mon May 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Requieth rumbled his agreement as he settled. Tell me about it. T'brek doesn't care much for advice either. We should ask Zenjarth if his is like this as well. Perhaps a communal smacking sense into them is in order. The pewter shook his head, Though it's been over a decade in T'brek's case and nothing has helped. It had been some time since Requieth had seen Basarolth so he was quite happy to share his ledge. There had been plenty of times where the two of them had dozed one place or the other and griped about their riders or gossiped about the general goings on around Igen. It was something that he'd missed. They'd have to start doing that again in between their duties.

T'brek followed his brother further into his weyr and took the offered seat. "Yeah, we've got each other I suppose." He was quiet a moment before wincing and answering his brother. "I haven't seen him yet actually, and as for speaking to him... uh I got a message awhile back. I think. I haven't talked to him in person in long time" He wasn't about to lie to his brother, even if he was feeling guilty about not talking to his father. There were reasons, and T'brek thought they weren't exactly bad reasons, but at this point it was pure stubbornness keeping him from talking to his father. Even that was beginning to wear thin. "I'm assuming you've talked to him though? How have you both been?"
Tyriani

Wed May 22, 2019 12:28 am

The brown rumbled in agreement with the pewter. I don't know if anything will get through their heads. The brown snaked his head around to look at the two brother's in the weyr and he watched them for a moment. It is good to see yours and mine talking again. He and I missed you both. Basarolth turned to look back at Requieth then. The brown spoke the truth, but whether it would be thought of like that was up to the pewter after all.

Sul'tek could tell that T'brek seemed off about talking about their family. He didn't really blame the younger man. Sul'tek still had a hard time talking about the family dynamic as well. There were so many of them now after all. Coming here, they all just seem to have come out of the wood works. "He is doing well, as am I. I know that he wants to try and connect with all of us now. I know it might also take some time for you to want to do it, so don't feel pressured at all." Sul'tek gave a small smirk. He meant it. He didn't want his brother feeling pressured to talk to their father. It would come in time when they were both ready for it.

"I had heard other news though, from Igen." He hoped that T'brek would know exactly whom he was talking about. She seemed to be a spite fire like the rest of the family after all.