Ready to Go? ~ Tag: Theria/Shai

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:20 am

Sid'nis walked next to Mul'rec down the dark hallway. He stayed silent as he listened to Mul'rec and what he was saying about his work the last several turns. "I knew you were busy, but I had no idea that this was what you were doing." Perhaps if he had known then he would have offered to help sooner, but his life had been revolved around himself and Kinali. He'd tried so hard to keep his feelings for Mul'rec on the back burner that he had basically ignored his oldest and best friend. It was not something he was proud of looking back on it now, but the past was in the past.

Consciously, Sid rubbed the top of his hand where the partial slave mark was hidden under other ink. If only he could mask the memories of that time of his life so easily. Oddly, the time he was held hostage and then almost sold as a slave was not the darkest moment of his life. Yes, it had been dark, and occasionally he still had nightmares of being in that man's home, but ultimately it had ended as well as it could have. V'an was saved, he had been saved by Mul'rec himself, and that evil man would never hurt anyone ever again.

"A noble cause to be sure, though I imagine the powers that be at Walled are not particularly happy about what you've started." Sid commented. "You're wanting me to help with this endeavor? I'm willing, of course, but I'm not sure what good I could do."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Locke
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:25 pm

"A noble cause to be sure, though I imagine the powers that be at Walled are not particularly happy about what you've started. You're wanting me to help with this endeavor? I'm willing, of course, but I'm not sure what good I could do."

"No, I merely want you to be aware of it, and, if the need arises in the future, to keep a door open to those in need. The wrath of the Walled Lords, however, is the very reason I do not want you too involved." Already, they had tried to kill him once before he even began the movement. He could only imagine how they would respond if they actually knew.

Yet, to be fair, they might know already, though Mul'rec was not about to speak of word of that part just yet.

"I believe that if you wish to be involved, it is best to keep you informed, but for your safety, and the safety of those involved, such as my daughters, Solai, and even Aniday." Yes, Aniday, the man whom belonged to Chansoneth, the Zultanite Iolith had won turns ago. "And the freed slaves as well. I do not want to have to hide them for you when you come here. I care for you, and I trust you enough to let you know the truth."

Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, they encountered a dead end. The glow in Mul'rec's hand reflected a brick wall, but it too Mul'rec little effort to open. Pressing both hands in just the right place, the bricked wall gave, allowing both men to pass through into an expansive room. There, a printing press stood, it's plates freshly inked.

"This is where we work."

Not far from them, pages upon pages hung to dry, ready to be folded into pamphlets. On tables, rested plates ready for the press. The furniture placed within the frame, securing the letter cases, and the coins tightened to keep it all in place, they were ready for further work on the morrow.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:54 am

"No, I merely want you to be aware of it, and, if the need arises in the future, to keep a door open to those in need. The wrath of the Walled Lords, however, is the very reason I do not want you too involved."

"You know I'm always willing to help those in need." Sid'nis had no problem offering anyone help. For all the troubles of his past and the ways he had changed, for better or worse, he'd never lost the sincere want to help people if he could. "It's sweet that you want to protect me, Mul'rec, but if you ever need me to do more all you have to do is ask." He stated firmly. Granted, there was a part of himself that told him it was probably best to not get too involved. However, simply knowing about all of this made him involved, so he might as well be fully involved if he could be of some help.

"I believe that if you wish to be involved, it is best to keep you informed, but for your safety, and the safety of those involved, such as my daughters, Solai, and even Aniday. And the freed slaves as well. I do not want to have to hide them for you when you come here. I care for you, and I trust you enough to let you know the truth."

Sid knew that Mul'rec cared for him, but hearing him say it still made him feel warm. "Aniday is helping you? Iolith misses his zultanite sometimes still." He stated. "Thank you, Mul'rec. Your trust is not misplaced." He assured him as once again the brownrider revealed another secret doorway. This one led to a room that had a large printing press in it.

"This is where we work."

"This is amazing, Mul." Sid said as he moved up to the press to inspect it. He ran his hands over the wood, though he was sure to not mess up any of the lettering. "I've not gotten the pleasure of seeing many printing presses before. Such amazing devices."
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

Shaihulud

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Even if his feelings ebbed and flowed over the turns, the love he felt towards Sid'nis remained constant, lingering in the current to various degrees. At times, Mul'rec recognised its presence. It manifested in those moments when he dwelt on the memories of the bluerider during his prolonged absence. Life eventually distracted him, but only a handful of days managed to pass before Sid'nis returned to thought. Other times, Mul'rec found himself pondering late into the night about Sid'nis and what could have been. At times, those feelings nearly drowned him, but oddly enough, he never regretted the past, if only because he knew the future would always prove to be the bearer of truth. If he and Sid'nis were meant to be, it would happen on its own terms.

Mul'rec was not disappointed by the outcome.

Swept back upon Atrician shores, Mul'rec met Sid'nis once more, both changed men, though Sid'nis still continued his metamorphosis. He was no longer the innocent bluerider Mul'rec knew him as, though he was also no longer the reckless and recovering drunkard Mul'rec despised. What Sid'nis might become in the end, Mul'rec knew not, but he hoped the bluerider would prove himself a constance of stability regardless of what the future held in store for them both. Mul'rec and his legacy depended upon it, especially where the brownrider's own family was involved.

"Aniday is helping you? Iolith misses his zultanite sometimes still."

"Yes," Mul'rec answer simply, though he did not want to divulge more than necessary. The Zultaniterider's position was a precarious one at best, and Mul'rec did not want to compromise the circumstances by saying too much.

"Thank you, Mul'rec. Your trust is not misplaced."

The brownrider said nothing, though his mind said plenty. Part of him remained careful for all he loved this man. He knew Sid'nis's propensities by now. He only hoped now that Sid'nis was ready to set those propensities aside, especially when considering everything at stake.

"This is amazing, Mul. I've not gotten the pleasure of seeing many printing presses before. Such amazing devices."

"We have several workers, including myself, who maintain it every day. It is our most valuable weapon in the against slavery." Most of the pamphlets involved focus on the abolitionist movement, but some of the pamphlets made by Mul'rec and his people also aided the budding rebellion in their own cause.

Mul'rec gave pause as he allowed Sid'nis to admire the piece of machinery, giving the intelligent man a moment to truly put two and two together before the obvious was spoken by him. "Now that you have seen this, I need you to promise me something in turn, Sid'nis." It was Mul'rec's only concern with the bluerider, and he wanted those worries put to rest. "I need you to keep a level head, and avoid any... vices... that will put at risk our work and the lives involved." Both men knew exactly what Mul'rec spoke of. While Sid'nis had done well in the last turn, his demons would always linger just under the surface, no matter how much they ebbed and flowed.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:28 am

"We have several workers, including myself, who maintain it every day. It is our most valuable weapon in the against slavery."

Sid'nis continued to run his fingers over the fine wood before he left the machine in favor of returning to Mul'rec's side. "The quill is mightier than the sword, they say. I'd like to believe that is true." It was amazing what power words could wield. When used by intelligent people, like the brownrider, they could be even more powerful. "I wouldn't mind learning how to maintain it myself. If you wouldn't care to teach me, that is." If Mul'rec didn't want him helping directly perhaps he'd allow him to help print some pamphlets.

"Now that you have seen this, I need you to promise me something in turn, Sid'nis. I need you to keep a level head, and avoid any... vices... that will put at risk our work and the lives involved."

Sid could have been offended that Mul'rec would need him to promise again that he would stay away from his vices, but he wasn't. For as long as he'd wanted something, anything, with Mul'rec there was no way he was going to do anything to ruin that now. Even though he wasn't sure what that something was, it didn't have to have a label, all that mattered was that he was closer with Mul'rec now than he had ever been. He reached out and took a hold of the man's hand and gave it an assuring squeeze.

"I swear on the shell of my blue that I won't allow my demons to get the better of me. It's been a turn since I've given into vices. While I won't say the temptation is completely gone, you mean too much to me to allow them to take hold now." Sid spoke with conviction.

Shaihulud

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 pm

The bluerider's hand was warmly received by Mul'rec. Fingers squeezed his own as Sid'nis made his promise to his lover, assuring the man he would never revert to his old ways. Sadly, Mul'rec knew once a man bottled his demons, he was hard pressed not to uncork them in times of desperation.

Perhaps Theria was right. Once a drunk, always a drunk. Even instinct told Mul'rec never to trust a man who could not trust himself with his drink. The heart that beat in his chest, however, told him Sid'nis could be different. This was the bluerider's chance to prove himself the man Mul'rec knew he could be.

"I will hold you to that," Mul'rec answered. Stepping forward, he slipped a hand to that gaunt cheek. The bluerider had aged over the turns, the seasons pulling downwards on him, making his features far more prominent than the mind remembered. He travailed the worst life had to offer, yet here he stood before Mul'rec, with a warmth still found in his cheek. With a stroke of his thumb against the man's face, Mul'rec leaned in to kiss him softly. Even with the gentle gesture, a quiet passion made itself known... the whisper of an inhale meant to savour and prolong the feeling of peace found in a kiss.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:46 pm

"I will hold you to that,"

Sid'nis gave Mul'rec a dimpled smile. There was no worry, no hesitation, no question in his mind that he would let his lover down. "Good. I want you to." He said with confidence. He knew it would take a bit to convince the brownrider that he truly was going to keep his word, but again he wasn't worried about it. As long as Mul'rec gave him that chance to prove himself he would not fall off the wagon.

His hand moved up to rest against the hand that rested on his cheek. Softly he nuzzled against that worn hand that brought him such comfort. A soft hum of pleasure escaped him as Mul'rec placed a gentle kiss upon his lips. Sid returned it, allowing the spark of desire he always had for the man to burn a little brighter as the kiss lingered.

There were such a warmth and a peace that surrounded him in these intimate moments with Mul'rec. When he was there with Mul'rec he felt as if nothing bad could ever touch them. He knew that was a whimsical thought, but the strength he felt merely being with the brownrider was the reason he knew that he could stay true to his word and not allow the ghosts of his past to get the better of him.

Shaihulud

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:22 pm

A sense of love transpired between them, one that not even Mul'rec was allowed to deny for all he constantly failed to put it to word. Kisses conveyed the content of his heart, leaving them breathless with brows pressed in recovery, but Mul'rec would not relent. Never. A creature of passion, he doubted he ever could as he led Sid'nis back to the table counter and bring the bluerider to sit upon it.

Peace was found in those kisses placed upon the bluerider's body and his own, a knowledge that after turns of denial, both men were willing to allow for that which they longed for most. Deep in the belly of the brownrider's keep, they remained safe, kept apart from the world and the dangers it might hold for them. But when Mul'rec found his arms filled with Sid'nis, he kept the world at bay, realising that for this sacred time, it could wait.

Yet the world could only wait so long. Days, weeks, and even a month would pass before the world caught up to both men. Once it knocked upon Mul'rec's door, it would deliver a fated blow to the sanctuary they had formed together. Mul'rec anticipated it, and would even welcome it when the time came, and not a moment earlier.

It was his final living wish.

{fin}