One Walled Kid to Another [Tag- Parker/Locke]

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Elias had been quite shocked when news reached him about K’ten’s tragic passing. Felines, apparently, or so the story was. At first he accepted that story at face value while he worked through his own regret for not being more involved with Lock and K’ten. He felt his own sense of grief over the loss, though he didn’t presume that it was what Locke was going through, not at all. Perhaps that was what kept Elias from broaching the subject with Locke at first, that and his own guilt for not being more involved before. But over time, something just seemed… off to him about the story given for K’ten’s passing. What didn’t help were some of the messages his brother Markos sent him via fancy flitt and what they entailed. Rumors of the Reaper again, and the Justicars specifically. Markos apparently still kept his ear to the Bottoms, not that Elias was surprised. It was where they had come from, and where Markos had found Elias turns later. It was rumors, but it led to questions, ones that he was sure only Locke could answer.

Eventually, Elias felt he had waited and debated on it long enough. He’d never find out more if he never tried to find out, and the rumors currently being fed to him from Markos made him feel sitting back and waiting wasn’t the best course of action. He didn’t know if he could do anything, but if he didn’t try and something happened… he didn’t want to be left with even more regret in his life.

Arcelias took him up to the dragonrider apartments at a brisk pace, getting him up faster than he could have on foot. Once near the apartments, they looked around, hoping to spot confirmation if Locke was around. He in fact was, if Wraith being nearby in one of the pavilions was any indication. So Arcelias dropped him off near Locke’s apartment building and he walked the rest of the way, though she stayed near too, parking herself near the building but out of the way of anyone who may come and go. Elias himself entered the building and found Locke’s apartment. Then, he knocked.

He stood for a moment, but wasn’t sure how long to wait, so he knocked once more and called out. “Locke, it’s Elias.” He really didn’t know if Locke was in his apartment, or if he was if he’d even open the door for him. So Elias tried to listen for movement inside, just in case Locke was there and was trying to ignore him. He didn’t come here to be ignored after all. He didn’t know how he would get in if Locke didn’t open the door, but he’d for now, just keep knocking.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 am

It had been almost two months since the Reaper's life had been ruined. Things were beginning to settle down, or so it seemed, from the chaos of everything that had happened that night. K'uavaen had brought all the children to Atricis to the care of V'an as Locke had dealt with the person who had betrayed them. He'd left his warning and his calling card to the Justicars with their informant before leaving Walled Hold, but he knew his work there was far from over.

First, though he had to deal with the children without roping V'an into too much of what was going on. He'd managed to find most of them homes outside of New Atricis so they wouldn't raise attention. Then, the more difficult part of telling the leaders about Kent's death. Between himself and Wraith they came up with a likely story involving felines and left the part about I'ent and K'uavaen being there out. With Wraith's help, he had managed to look like feline's had gotten a hold of him and killed Kent.

Locke had kept his head low for the next several weeks. No doubt the commotion of the child slave rings being taken down would cause enough talk, but the blatant threat against the Justicars by the Reaper himself was also something that wouldn't be ignored. Every fiber in Locke begged him to forget about caution and simply go to Walled to exact his revenge for the death of his beloved, but intellect and turns of being cautious won out, so he waited. In that time life felt...like nothing. All he did was go through the motions of things he used to do...things that used to make him happy.

He spent time with the children, but he honestly couldn't look at them without thinking of Kent, so more and more often he sent them to the creche at night so he could drink alone. Faith and Hope had taken the news hard, though they understood what death was. Colten was too little, thankfully, to understand. Children had been one of the things that he and Kent had always agreed upon and they had showered their little family with so much love and attention. Now...he could barely stand playing with Faith and Hope, though he managed to put on a fake smile. It wasn't for them, not entirely, but for Kent who would have wanted him to keep being the father he always was for them.

Yesterday, though, he'd finally been able to do something more than play through the motions of being a grounded rider and stay-at-home father. Yesterday he had finally decided it had been enough time since last being in Walled, so he and Wraith had returned at night. They had only just returned long enough for Wraith to find a spot in the pavilion to rest at and his rider enough time to change clothes and get a quick bath before he heard a knock at his door. He threw a towel on and went to see who could possibly be wanting to see him now. He guessed it was likely I'ent or V'an.

"Elias?" He questioned as he opened the door to his the dayhandler and former street rat. "Come in...I guess." He gestured for him to come in with one hand as the other kept a hold of the towel about his waist, then he shut the door behind him. After so many turns of being a grounded rider and getting to be, basically, a stay at home husband, Locke kept the habit of keeping his apartment clean, though now there were some empty bottles on the kitchen and klah table. "What can I do for you?" He asked as he moved to the table and poured what was left in one of the bottles into a glass. The scars on his back and few on his front torso were plainly visible, but so too were new scrapes and bruises.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Locke
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:50 am

He knew his presence was quite unexpected, but even so, how unexpected he was here did cause him some guilt. He could have... should have been much more present with them in the past, before the tragedy that quite clearly, just from a glance, had hit Locke quite hard. He really could only imagine what the Dragonrider was feeling and going through right now, and that did remind him to try to be tactful with how he approached the topic he came to discuss. So he entered quietly, taking a look about the space. When Locke spoke, pouring a drink, he looked at the man, and looked him over. He saw the scars, wondered how old or new some of them were, that is, until he noticed the much fresher ones. He knew the look of relatively new wounds. His brow furrowed in thought for just a moment. He didn't take a seat, not having been invited to do so, so he stood near the table, looking at Locke.

"I'm sorry about Kent," he started with, wishing to at least express that he was to some degree empathetic toward what had happened.

"I'll be honest, Locke, I didn't come here to give you my sympathies, as I'm sure you are growing tired of it." He couldn't imagine Locke liked people showing him pity or sympathetic glances. "But I did come here to talk with you. I'm not much the beat around the bush type, so I'll say that I've heard rumors from Walled, and it's raised some questions. Namely, about K'ten's passing." From there, Elias let his words hang in the air, but stood resolutely, not expecting a positive reaction from Locke, but not letting the prospect make him waver.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:20 pm

"I'm sorry about Kent,"

Locke made a grunting sort of acknowledgment to that. However, they were just words and they didn't really serve any purpose in his mind. He moved over to one of his cabinets and pulled out another bottle and brought it back to the table. He poured more of the dark liquid into one glass and then in another glass and slid it to Elias.

"I'll be honest, Locke, I didn't come here to give you my sympathies, as I'm sure you are growing tired of it."

"Only a lot." Locke agreed wholeheartedly with that statement. He knew the lie he spun to the leaders about wild felines was necessary, but thinking that Kent's death was not being honored as it should be, a man who gave his life to help unfortunate souls and stop evil, was like a knife in his heart. Kent died a hero and only those that had been there would remember him as such.

"But I did come here to talk with you. I'm not much the beat around the bush type, so I'll say that I've heard rumors from Walled, and it's raised some questions. Namely, about K'ten's passing."

Locke took a sip of his drink and stared back at the handler. "So you're curious," he states with a shrug of his shoulders. "You can ask your questions, but I think you'd be better off believing what I said happened to Kent is what happened to him. You escaped The Bottoms awhile ago, Elias...you sure you want to get wrapped back up in it? Even in just knowing things?"
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:35 am

Elias took the offered drink, wrapping his hand around the glass silently show he accepted the offer, he still remained standing though, partially out of habit as he hadn't been given a verbal invitation to sit. He had a feeling he probably shouldn't have been encouraging Locke to drink, given the bottles about the apartment, but he wasn't equipped to handle that. He didn't know Locke that well these days to interfere in such a way, not when he was already prying and basically demanding more information on a tragic event for Locke.

"You escaped The Bottoms awhile ago, Elias...you sure you want to get wrapped back up in it? Even in just knowing things?"

Those words were clearly the most telling. He had been right to be suspicious then, but even so, he shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of the drink he was holding.

"I was more... yanked out of the Bottoms to be honest," he clarified, feeling there was a difference, but did it truly make a difference? Probably not, he was still out of it, had been for turns, even if there were things about those turns of his life that still haunted him in a way.

"Either way, Markos still sends me messages and information, and so I've heard the stories of the Reaper back in action at Walled. Perhaps even more aggressively than before." He took another sip of his drink. "So, I would like to know what really happened to K'ten. What were you two really doing outside of the Weyr when he died?"
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 am

Locke's face was neutral as Elias spoke. Though hearing his other name come from his mouth was a bit shocking. Still, he did his best to not show that shock. "Markos? That was the name?" Mentally he made sure to remember that name so he could take care of him later.

"So, I would like to know what really happened to K'ten. What were you two really doing outside of the Weyr when he died?"

A loud crash was heard from the other side of the room. Locke spun to look at it and then sighed. "Finch, what are you doing up? Go to bed...now." He said to his newest son. The young kid didn't argue as he rushed off.

Locke made sure he heard the bedroom door shut before he gave his attention back to Elias. "Him.." He states forcibly as he points to where Finch had been. "Him and a dozen others like him...we saved them. Kent gave his life so that kids like him weren't sold to some sick asshole who'd only use them to keep their dicks warm. Saving them, that's why he died." If he wanted honesty, that's what he was getting. "And yes, the Reaper is back and let me tell you...he's fucking pissed off at the Justicars. They're who killed Kent, so you best believe you're going to hear more from him.

Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:19 pm

Elias wasn't an exceptionally observant person, but observant enough to be suspicious of the other man's words. Locke had an impeccable poker face, but the fact that he asked to confirm the name of his brother did give Elias enough suspicion that he didn't answer the question, though he probably didn't need to. Had he done something terrible by dropping his brother's name so freely? Had he made a terrible mistake?

He couldn't worry on that for long though, for a moment they were interrupted, and by who, Elias was quite surprised. He knew Kent and Locke had taken in children, and Locke was basically a stay-at-home father due to being grounded from Fall, but he hadn't seen that child before, nor had he realized there were children in the apartment. He was about to apologize, but Locke spoke first, speaking far more frankly than he would have expected. At least until he heard the whole story, and for a moment he stood there in silence, taking a longer drink from the alcohol glass he had been holding onto.

"I'm not surprised there are such terrible people in the world." Of course not, Elias himself had been forced to fight like a dog in his adolescence, surely worse existed within and as extension from the Bottoms of Walled. "But... a Justicar killed Kent?" The disbelief was evident. No, Elias didn't hold absolute faith in the law of Walled, but Justicars were a group of their own, and he hadn't made the connection of how Justicars had been involved with the children that they had rescued from a terrible life.

"Are you sure you want to go after all the Justicars? That seems a pretty foolish path to go down."
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:12 am

"I'm not surprised there are such terrible people in the world. But... a Justicar killed Kent?"

Locke downed his drink and then poured another and drank that. "You're looking at a wanted man, Elias. Think a bit." He pointed out the obvious. The Reaper had been on the top of the Justicars' most wanted list for turns now. "We were sold out by one of my contacts. The flayed man you likely heard about." He chuckled a bit as he remembered his handy work. Yeah, even he knew he was not okay anymore. "Fucking cripple never had a chance to run." He said with a measure of hate still for the dead man.

"Are you sure you want to go after all the Justicars? That seems a pretty foolish path to go down."

"Foolish? It's fucking insane. But I'm going to do it anyways." Locke knew perfectly well what he was doing and it was the plan only a mad man would come up with. "So now you know...and you know my deepest secret. Most people who know who I am don't live long with the knowledge." He said a bit threateningly, though he made no gesture to act on it. "I'd really prefer to let you live...so how are we going to go about this?" He poured another drink, but managed to knock over one of the other half-empty bottles. Without thinking he removed his towel to mop up the spell. He was so comfortable with own nudity he really didn't think about it. Which had caused him some almost awkward situations with his children.

Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 am

There was so much Elias could say. It wasn't just stupid because of the danger, but it was stupid in that he would be taking out a key component to Walled's law and peacekeeping, because one of them killed Kent in an attempt to get to Locke. It sounded like a lot of misplaced and redirected anger and grief to him, and Elais had an idea of what that was like, even if not to the same degree. With everything, he wasn't really phased by Locke's sudden full nudity. He'd seen bare men before, and women as well, during the Pit and as a Weyr guard as well, so seeing another didn't phase him too much.

"Locke, if I was going to out you, I would have already done so, if not before I came here, but when you confirmed your alias. As Wraith will be able to assure, Arcelias is still waiting outside your apartment and there's no daywhers on their way up for you. And I'm not dumb enough to out you after this conversation either. For one, I admittedly don't want to see another one of my orphan brothers dead, even if I don't agree with his misplaced sense of vengeance. Second, you killed the last person who crossed and betrayed you. I've gone through too much myself to die now."

Elias took a moment, finishing his drink now and placing the empty glass on the table with a solid, but not hard, click on the wood. "I just came here to find out the truth about some of the people from my past."
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:54 am

At a point behind Elias, he noticed Kent staring at him and shaking his head. He seemed to always be shaking his head at him or giving him that look. For now, he ignored him as he turned his attention back to Elias and what he was saying. Just to be sure he double checked with Wraith. The dragon assured him that his street rat brother was telling the truth.

"For one, I admittedly don't want to see another one of my orphan brothers dead, even if I don't agree with his misplaced sense of vengeance."

"I'm not going to get myself killed, Elias. Not if I have say about it." Locke assured him as he finally wrapped the towel back around him. He knew he was not completely perfect. He made mistakes... but with this, he was being as careful as possible.

"Second, you killed the last person who crossed and betrayed you. I've gone through too much myself to die now."

Locke ruminated over what to say to that. As he did he watched as Kent walked up to the table. He looked at Elias and then at Locke. "You'd really kill one of our brothers, Locke?" Kent asked him. Locke turned his head slightly to look at the side of where Elias was standing. He waved his husband off. "What? Obviously, I wouldn't kill a brother, it was just a threat." He answered, unfortunately, out loud. He looked back at Elias a bit awkwardly but didn't try to explain himself. "I'm not going to kill you." The Reaper clarified. "Besides, it'd be a shame to remove someone so sexy." He said and then winked.

"I just came here to find out the truth about some of the people from my past."

"Well, now you know. You're not going to rat me out, I trust you on that. What are you going to do?" Locke asked curiously.